For Dear FlowerChild

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22859 Dec 27, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I sure hope you are right about that. I just watch HD Stage Coach with John Wayne. What CLASSIC MOVIE. Hard to beat Casablanca or African Queen
Morning, Denny! Love the movie STAGECOACH with Willie & Waylon, Kris & Johnny, I think Johnny ... May have been around the time The HIGHWAY men were around ... I have the VHS and a cardboard stand-up of the 4 ... just saw it in the storage room ... whereby looking for nails, a nail gun & carpet cutting knife for my helper ... anyway, found a bunch of military issue boxes of ammo, woot woot ...

okay, so I pulled the VHS & it is the 4 as named about ... Willie played Doc Holliday (cough cough) he coughed a lot during the movie ... I think he had whooping cough or some affliction regarding coughing ... I'll watch it this afternoon ... thanks for the suggestion ... I'd of otherwise had it stuck in my head all day ... good day :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22860 Dec 27, 2013
http://youtu.be/MtDrCvIn9x8 ... Blues Don't Bother Me ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22861 Dec 27, 2013
* 4 as named above *...

5580 ... house full of Highwaymen ...

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#22862 Dec 27, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay Fisherman! We made it ... It was a good one and I trust yours was a nice one as well ... Hanging with a 6 year old for 6 hours! Whew! Yep, it was time to come home, lol IDK how my mom did it ... I guess that's why we had a live-in maid ... what was her name? She was with us for years and then my grandmother stayed with us for awhile ... I remember my grandpa had cataract surgery and stayed with us while recouping ... But it was just the two of us in the afternoon and I'd make Nescafe, instant coffee and he'd dip his 3 cookies in it for a snack and then we'd play guitar ... IDK if I told you but the older posters here know I got my first guitar from my mom with S&H Food green stamp books, ha! Well, that's the guitar my grandpa started teaching me on and then my mom sent me down the street to 10th and Harvey for lessons. I had to walk ... no guitar case, just me and my guitar ... and I thought I had it rough ... Gosh, what was our maid's name? Gonna have to call my older brother now and it's eastern time now ... old guy's probably in bed by now, lol ... He's 61 and I tell him he needs Geritol, haha ... Have a good evening, Fishman! Peace & Love, FC <3 ...
6552 ...
Good morning Flower-Child.
I never heard those stories before, interesting.
I remember Green Stamps. The first guitar I tried to play was one my Dad kept in the spare bedroom collecting dust. They might have bought it with Green Stamps? It was a little hard to play. I always said it about took a pair of Vise Grips to get the strings to the frets. lol
You'd better be careful joking about Geritol! lol I just had my second cup of coffee and am ready to conquer the,,,- something. The cats had better not be begging outside the door when I try to get out! If you know what I mean?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22863 Dec 27, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Flower-Child.
I never heard those stories before, interesting.
I remember Green Stamps. The first guitar I tried to play was one my Dad kept in the spare bedroom collecting dust. They might have bought it with Green Stamps? It was a little hard to play. I always said it about took a pair of Vise Grips to get the strings to the frets. lol
You'd better be careful joking about Geritol! lol I just had my second cup of coffee and am ready to conquer the,,,- something. The cats had better not be begging outside the door when I try to get out! If you know what I mean?
LOL ... well, I see you woke up off the pool table, haha ... was it the sound of racking balls that woke you up or the sound of chalk on a pool cue? hahahaha ... your face has that blue stuff all over ya ... squeak!!!!!!!!!! That is exactly what my grandpa said about those S&H green stamp git'tars in they were hard to play, ha! He handed me his "git'tar" and pulled out his 12 string ... My eyes grew big as duck eyes ... I said, "what's that grandpa?" He said, "you just play it like a 6 string, muneca (doll)" ... But I was not allowed to play it much less touch it for years to come ... He played banjo, viola and stand up bass & one other instument that I do not recall, a string instrument?... he was the leader of his orchestra ... mom had 2 sisters and the 3 of them sang back-up vocals at weddings, sweet 16's, coming out parties, whatever parties, you name it ... then... the depression era came ... mom said it (the depression) almost took the light outta my grandpa's eyes ... and his guitar was the light that kept glowing in him ... IDK, his blue eyes always shined for me ... The first book he ever gave me was a big ole dictionary ... still have it ... the binding is gone and I guess in one of my genius moments and discovery of duct tape. it has been ducked taped together, but hey, I still have it and always will ... I think it weighs about 3 pounds, lol ... it's about 3-4 inches thick ... or maybe more ... it was well used ...* In Grandpa's We Trust" RIP Grandpa <3 ...
That's my story and I'm sticking to it ... Only one ever got away with calling my little brother, "JIMMY" was me and my Grandpa ... How you like that grammar ... only my grandpa & my little brother''d let me get away with that, too! >grins< ... Enjoy your day! Peace & Love ...

4663 ... double pea shooter ... you'll shoot your eye out, kid ... FINALLY, the marathon is over ... til 364 more days, lol

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22864 Dec 27, 2013
* mandolin * that was the other instrument ... 1 in the morning and I'm just remembering ... Jeez, go back to bed I look awful, LOL ... Goodnight everyone ...

5303 ... house full of mirrors ...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22865 Dec 28, 2013
Rise and shine sweet Flower. Stay up all not and think you get to sleep in. Ain't happening Darlin ; )

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22866 Dec 28, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Rise and shine sweet Flower. Stay up all not and think you get to sleep in. Ain't happening Darlin ; )
Good morning, Denny ... you're right ... it's 0930 and I'm burning daylight ... What, no coffee, lol ... have an awesome day! <3

8474 ... a couple of coffee filters ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22867 Dec 28, 2013
JOHN FOGERTY / WIDESPREAD PANICE ~ THE OLD MAN DOWN THE ROAD ...

4450 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22868 Dec 28, 2013
WIDE SPREAD PANIC ... NO E AFTER panic ... DUH ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22869 Dec 28, 2013
Wow, that was good ... what I wanted to say was, MAN, that was good!

WIDE SPREAD PANIC / JOHN FOGERTY ~ BORN ON THE BAYOU ...

8400 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22870 Dec 28, 2013
WIDE SPREAD PANIC / JOHN FOGERTY ~ FORTUNATE SON ...

God Bless our TROOPS ~ God Bless America & GOD BLESS TEXAS ...

4624 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22871 Dec 30, 2013
Good morning, everyonE * Wishing all an awesome day FC <3 ...

DEREK AND THE DOMINOS ~ I LOOKED AWAY ...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22872 Dec 30, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
WIDE SPREAD PANIC / JOHN FOGERTY ~ FORTUNATE SON ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =eV3DQ4hloIYXX
God Bless our TROOPS ~ God Bless America & GOD BLESS TEXAS ...
4624 ...
Good morning Flower. Let me give you my New Years tip. Watch the New Year come in London. 6 hour time difference lets you get to bed early ; )

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#22873 Dec 30, 2013
Hi Flower....Well, Christmas has come and gone for the year, and with the coming week, is the new year--with the promise of brighter and better times ahead. I do love the new year. I love fresh starts, and new beginnings.

Here's hoping you had a good weekend, even if the Cowboys did lose. Enjoy your week....

Hearts, hugs, and playoffs.....

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22874 Dec 30, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Flower. Let me give you my New Years tip. Watch the New Year come in London. 6 hour time difference lets you get to bed early ; )
Good morning, Denny ... I know that, silly man! LOL ... Only tip I need is a tip in my jar as I play my guitar, haha ... no, I don't play that well is why I don't play in public,ha! My singing is even worse, you should hear me in the car, double ha! ha ha ... okay, triple ha! Just turn the volume up a little higher, UH, Don't touch my dials, lol ... Then when I get in my car again the volume is REAL loud scare the bejeezus out of me lol ... Happy day to you ...

ANYDAY ~ DEREK & THE DOMINOS ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22875 Dec 30, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Hi Flower....Well, Christmas has come and gone for the year, and with the coming week, is the new year--with the promise of brighter and better times ahead. I do love the new year. I love fresh starts, and new beginnings.
Here's hoping you had a good weekend, even if the Cowboys did lose. Enjoy your week....
Hearts, hugs, and playoffs.....
Good morning, Princess ... goodness, it seems the weekend's been going on at least a week, lol ... Christmas will be around a year or so, heh! Yes, here's to new beginnings ... So, in church we talked about just that ... S.M.A.R.T. Goals ... Finish for 2013 Start for 2014 and Imagine for 2015 ....

S-Specific
M-Measurable
A-Actionable
R-Realistic
T-Time-bound

Then, we set our goals for finishing up 2013, starting up for 2014 & what we want life to be 2015 ... our "Vision" ...r

ight now all I can think of is getting ready to pick Gaby up for our orthopedic appointments ... the TKR twins - total knee replacement twins, lol ... Dr S just shakes his head and gives us that million dollar smile of his when he opens the examining room door and sees the both of us sitting on the exam table swinging our legs, too funny! Then Gaby and I'll look at each other, belt out a laughter we know can be heard down the hallway ... Doc continues to shake his head ... then comes the serious stuff ... heh!...

Other than that, baby steps ... one minute at a time today ... too much on my plate ... the cleaning lady, rather my "helper" just arrived and I want a complete clean up of the kitchen so I must guide her today ... Have a beautiful day pretty one ...

Hugs Hearts and good help is hard to find <3 ...

9059 ...

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#22876 Dec 30, 2013
Hello Hello Flower-Child :)

Seems we are set for the arrival of the New Year. Man, time does have a way of flying by !! I try not to make any resolutions. I just want each year to be better than the last. All my needs met, a healthy family and some old fashioned happiness thrown in for good measure!:)

Many Blessing to you My Dear for the upcoming year ! We never know what's really instore for us, so the best we can do is take it one day at a time !!:)

Have a fanstatic Day !

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#22877 Dec 30, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Princess ... goodness, it seems the weekend's been going on at least a week, lol ... Christmas will be around a year or so, heh! Yes, here's to new beginnings ... So, in church we talked about just that ... S.M.A.R.T. Goals ... Finish for 2013 Start for 2014 and Imagine for 2015 ....
S-Specific
M-Measurable
A-Actionable
R-Realistic
T-Time-bound
Then, we set our goals for finishing up 2013, starting up for 2014 & what we want life to be 2015 ... our "Vision" ...r
ight now all I can think of is getting ready to pick Gaby up for our orthopedic appointments ... the TKR twins - total knee replacement twins, lol ... Dr S just shakes his head and gives us that million dollar smile of his when he opens the examining room door and sees the both of us sitting on the exam table swinging our legs, too funny! Then Gaby and I'll look at each other, belt out a laughter we know can be heard down the hallway ... Doc continues to shake his head ... then comes the serious stuff ... heh!...
Other than that, baby steps ... one minute at a time today ... too much on my plate ... the cleaning lady, rather my "helper" just arrived and I want a complete clean up of the kitchen so I must guide her today ... Have a beautiful day pretty one ...
Hugs Hearts and good help is hard to find <3 ...
9059 ...
Smart goals--I like that. Yep, baby steps is the way to start anything. Doesn't matter if it's rehab, or re-training, or whatever.

Enjoy your day....

Hearts, hugs, and smart goals.....

“cat lover”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#22878 Dec 31, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Kitten ... >drops ping pong balls from the rafters<
6750 ...
goes racing after ping pong balls :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Write cities alfabetically (tell the country/st... (Sep '11) 6 min Concerned_American 2,649
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 9 min _Zoey_ 4,300
News O.J. Simpson up for parole nine years into sent... 14 min Rick Perry s Closet 50
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 18 min Geno 22,920
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min Princess Hey 218,886
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 22 min -TheExam- 38,014
News Scientists devoloping 'crumb-free bread' on ISS 1 hr AmPieJam UncleSam 7
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Finny Ferret Man ... 76,061
What Turns You Off? 3 hr Bittersweet Goodbyes 624
More from around the web