For Dear FlowerChild

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22737 Dec 13, 2013
"I take it not only a day at a time, but a moment at a time, and keep it at that pace. If you can be happy right now, then you’ll always be happy, because it’s always in the now." -Willie Nelson ~

6075 ... straight

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#22738 Dec 13, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Fishman ... well, if you're a drummer ... you can throw your drum sticks in the air and reel in your fish while they're in the air ... put your fish in the water well and then catch your sticks and continue playing, hahahahahahahaha ... only viable way I can see ... SOUNDS good to me, lol ...
What drummer joke? The one I just told, lol .... weak and lame I know but the only one I could come up with ... What the boy couldn't grow up AND be a drummer? Aw, The Little Drummer boy, pa rump pum pum pum ... and look he grew up to be a Fisherman ... accomplished both ... KUDOS, yippie kye aye ...
So, how was your week? Mine was trying me as much as one could be tried but I conquered and prevailed so it's all good ... TGIF and yeah, yippie kye aye, LOL ... Have a bright and beautiful day ... FC <3 ...
7732 ... pair of 7's looking good
Happy Friday Flower-Child.
I don't want to grow up. lol
My week has been 'fair-to-midlin''.(haven't heard that for a while?)
Did you get the window fixed on the car?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22739 Dec 13, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Friday Flower-Child.
I don't want to grow up. lol
My week has been 'fair-to-midlin''.(haven't heard that for a while?)
Did you get the window fixed on the car?
Happy Happy Fishman ... I haven't grown up so why should you, lol ... Yep, I can relate on fair to Midland ... that covers quite a few zip codes, hahaha ... Yep, window thingy repaired so no issues there for I put my tissue box away ... 3 months for pre-season baseball and less than a month for JUSTIFIED 1/7/14 ... where the Deputy Marshall Raylan Givens gets shot up, beat up and tied up more than any lawman I've ever seen on TV, lol ... best one-liners I've ever seen in a 1 hour episode for 13 weeks a season ... love it ... do you watch? FX Channel on Tuesday nights ... guess that takes the place of Sons of Anarchy now that season ended a few nights ago ... Go from motorcycle gang club to this side of the Law with my Deputy Marshall, LOL ... gotta love it ...

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#22740 Dec 13, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Happy Fishman ... I haven't grown up so why should you, lol ... Yep, I can relate on fair to Midland ... that covers quite a few zip codes, hahaha ... Yep, window thingy repaired so no issues there for I put my tissue box away ... 3 months for pre-season baseball and less than a month for JUSTIFIED 1/7/14 ... where the Deputy Marshall Raylan Givens gets shot up, beat up and tied up more than any lawman I've ever seen on TV, lol ... best one-liners I've ever seen in a 1 hour episode for 13 weeks a season ... love it ... do you watch? FX Channel on Tuesday nights ... guess that takes the place of Sons of Anarchy now that season ended a few nights ago ... Go from motorcycle gang club to this side of the Law with my Deputy Marshall, LOL ... gotta love it ...
That's good news about the window and tissues.
I haven't been watching TV (or movies) at all for a few years now. Used to watch Jon Stewart and Colbert, but they changed to a later time. Sometimes during lunch at work I flip back and forth between FOX and CNN (and mute for the commercials). I think the main reason I quit watching TV is because I HATE the commercials. It seems like they take up about 50% of the viewing time now.(slight fisherman exaggeration)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22741 Dec 13, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been watching TV (or movies) at all for a few years now. Used to watch Jon Stewart and Colbert, but they changed to a later time. Sometimes during lunch at work I flip back and forth between FOX and CNN (and mute for the commercials). I think the main reason I quit watching TV is because I HATE the commercials. It seems like they take up about 50% of the viewing time now.(slight fisherman exaggeration)
yep, we get about 35 minutes of the movie and the rest in commercials. Why do you think a baseball game and/or a football game takes so long ... besides, timeouts, penalties, red flags, injuries, et al LOL ... it's all good, I get a lot of reading time in ... BTW, I picked up a random book by a new author, Richard North Patterson ... it's really good so far ... hard to put down but I have to sleep, SOMETIME, lol ... don't ask me the name because I really have slept since then, lol ...

Have another appt today at 1330 ... rainy so I'll leave at noon to get there in time ... flashbacks of flippin' my convertible on a rainy dark morning ... across the median into a ditch, upside down, suspended with my buns in the air hanging by the seat belt with the front windshiled broken out and my nose about 2 inches from the dirt ... the only thing that freaked me out was the fact I couldn't get out of my seatbelt and my pocket knife was in my pocket and couldn't reach it, nor my cell phone which flew somewhere ... no on would cut me out per EMS instruction. Finally, this guy, after begging, cuz he saw I was "freaking out man" cut me out with the stipulation I would NOT get out of the car. It was raining ... he took of his jacket and put it under my head ... EMS/Police arrived and backboarded me IN MY CAR, which, incidentally, was a total loss .... loaded me in the EMS vehicle and on went the lights up and down the hills and around the curves to Burnet County, Burnet, TX ... DIdn't have a scratch on me, no injuries, Nothing! I called Enterprise from there and the met me at the E.R. entrance with my rental, signed off the papers and took off a week to finda new car, Acura ... tight nice little car that could corner on wheels, lol ... I wasn't going too fast ... going around a curve at the exact same time I was having dizziness, vertigo and the whole cars was spinning and I thought "There are NO cars coming in the opposite direction, only from behind, I am NOT going to break my arms or legs" ... so I let go of the steering wheel and put my legs toward my chest in the fetal position and let God do his thing ... That's probably why I came out of this without of scratch or injury ... EMS & ER doctor said I was very lucky ... I loved that car ... Chysler LeBaron ... Then I bought a 2 door Acura something ... can't remember Acura something ... it was low to the ground and would get up and go ... Jeez, now, I'll think about that car all day long ... Now, on the way to work I hit a deer with it and totaled that one out as well ... Finally, all those comprehensive coverage claims are off my records and my premiums are back where they are supposed to be ... ON MY Good side, lol ...

Now, I truck along in a V6 2.7 4 door Sedan ... nice looking ... gets up and down the hills nicely and corners those curves very very nice ... I ain't in grandma car yet and sure as heck hope I don't get run over by a reindeer, LOL

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#22742 Dec 13, 2013
Afternoon Flower. I can't believe I haven't gotten over here yet. Shame on me.....Oh well, I am here now.

Let's see, aside from it being beastly cold and waiting on spring to show up. I am feverishly working to get all the Christmas baking finished, so I can check one more item off the "to-do" list.

Still holding at 5 seed catalogs, that keeps my evenings busy--trying to decide which plants to carry this spring.

Hope you and the pups are behaving...LOL

Hearts and hugs....

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#22743 Dec 13, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning sweet Emma! I love the Christmas shows ... I was just telling someone yesterday that IDK why I watch A Christmas Story every year ... year after year ... but I watch Forrest Gump every year, too ... I know just about every line in both those movies ... Another one if you haven't seen it, A KNIGHT'S TALE ft Heath Ledger .... The only DVD I own, Forrest Gump is on VHS ...(don't laugh)... Oh, forgot E.T. is on DVD so I do own 2 DVD's ... E.T. phone home ... love those 4 movies ... can watch them every year whether I have or need to or not ... If you haven't watched A KNIGHT'S TALE I think you will find it surprisingly amusing ... makes me laugh every time and has an awesome classic R&R soundtrack ... Happy Friday ... Enjoy your day! >>smiles and hugs<<
I watch A Christmas story too, FC. I'm enjoying my day. <<smiles+hugs>>
Level 3

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#22744 Dec 13, 2013
Hello Child.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

always, Oz.

Janis Joplin - To love somebody

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22745 Dec 13, 2013
Tech_Bro wrote:
Hello Child.
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
always, Oz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fkGUt4QYc08XX
Janis Joplin - To love somebody
Hello Ozzie ...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too Ozzie ... always wishing the best for you ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me ~ Sir Elton John ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22746 Dec 13, 2013
Hey Its Emma wrote:
<quoted text>I watch A Christmas story too, FC. I'm enjoying my day. <<smiles+hugs>>
Hello sweet Emma ... I think it plays everyday until Christmas, lol ... Enjoy your weekend >>smiles and hugs<< FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22747 Dec 13, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Afternoon Flower. I can't believe I haven't gotten over here yet. Shame on me.....Oh well, I am here now.
Let's see, aside from it being beastly cold and waiting on spring to show up. I am feverishly working to get all the Christmas baking finished, so I can check one more item off the "to-do" list.
Still holding at 5 seed catalogs, that keeps my evenings busy--trying to decide which plants to carry this spring.
Hearts and hugs....
Evening Princess ... drizzly and 50 today with only 1 appointment I got to early to read my book but I got in right away so no reading today and I had friends over this afternoon/evening and still no reading ... there's always tomorrow ... warming up to the 70's and another arctic cold front weeks end coming ... Almost time to put the spikes in for the pomegranates by month end so they will flourish when they hit the ground and Jax and Chance will have some sweets, lol ... The pups are behaving and Chance has warmed up to the new help ... He actually came up to her and let her pet him yesterday ... there was too much commotion for him to come out of his room today ... too muddy for me to let them out and play, too ... Other than that everything is fine, groovy actually ... Hope the same for you ... TTYS! Luvya, mean it! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22748 Dec 13, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, on the "slight fisherman exaggeration" *wink*... watching Hawaii 5-O now ... plan on getting some reading in, maybe ... and that maybe is and exaggeration, too, lol ... I haven't played much on topville today ... played F/B some but haven't even gone to see Princess yet today and it was Hippichick's b/day ... Jeez, I'm slackin'...

Location Shown

#22749 Dec 14, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
http://wapc.mlb.com/play...
LOL ...
5997 ... fold a cap and put it away til spring

"Lunatic Fringe" is a song by the Canadian rock band Red Rider from their 1981 album,

Location Shown

#22750 Dec 14, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Hearts and hugs....

Plant The Dollar trees,...

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#22751 Dec 14, 2013
Good morning Flower Child .

Waking up to rain here this morning , temps in the 40's , may see some snow before this is over sometime tonight . I took the day off Friday and finished my shopping. I simply hate to shop . I did most of my buying online but a few items I had to get in person . Now the daunting task of wrapping .. That is why I have kids , they need to learn the skill of using wrapping paper . LOL !!

Hope you have a wonderful day . I am Gonna be lazy and rest and watch some football maybe :) or basketball .. Or maybe a movie ....

Enjoy :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22752 Dec 14, 2013
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
"Lunatic Fringe" is a song by the Canadian rock band Red Rider from their 1981 album,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ppOXpyhM2wAXX
Lunatic was me this morning having just woken up and texting good morning to my bestie ... told her I was in a rush, had to get to church ... she texted back, "on a Saturday?" ... I asked, "is it Saturday?" she replied, "all day long" ... Jeez .......... BOINK ... palm to the forehead ... IDK what I was thinking ... except I had no desire to get out of my bed and rush around ... But nice to wake up to sunshine ... Good morning ...

So, UT had their yearly hoopla dinner last night and the Prez of UT said Mack Brown's 16 years of football coach have been exemplary and he is going nowhere ...

Text from bestie says Nick Saban signed a long contract with Bama so long that he will retire there with his family, loves Tuscaloosa and doesn't want to leave --- so says the Houston Chronicle ...

If you know 2 girls on the earth that know a LOT of college/pro football it's me and my bestie ...we know even more about baseball ... don't EVEN want to challenge us, LOL ...

LOVED the video, made me laugh ... So, hope all's been well ... Enjoy your day ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

4093 ... ace high ... fold like a TN flag ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22753 Dec 14, 2013
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Plant The Dollar trees,...
nothing better than the green back poultice tree, LOL ...

9092 ... full house ... we'll call it a vault for all intense and purposes

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#22754 Dec 14, 2013
Morning Flower. We gonna get some white stuff tonight.
14-16 inches and really cold. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Have a nice day sweetie.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22755 Dec 14, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
Good morning Flower Child .
Waking up to rain here this morning , temps in the 40's , may see some snow before this is over sometime tonight . I took the day off Friday and finished my shopping. I simply hate to shop . I did most of my buying online but a few items I had to get in person . Now the daunting task of wrapping .. That is why I have kids , they need to learn the skill of using wrapping paper . LOL !!
Hope you have a wonderful day . I am Gonna be lazy and rest and watch some football maybe :) or basketball .. Or maybe a movie ....
Enjoy :)
Good mornin' darlin'... had the rain stuff yesterday and intense fog ... that mixture rarely happens but so have these cold snaps, too ... As I drive to and fro town I've noticed the "change of colors" ... the signs of autumn ---> have not "scene" that in YEARS!!!!!!!!!!underscore, bold and italicize the word YEARS)... Different color leaves on trees just beautiful ... reminds me of the east coast during autumn ... I'd love to stop and take pictures but it's narrow two lane in each directions with no middle land, dipping hills and curves and I'd probably get run over by a reindeer or sumpin', lol ... just gorgeous and like I said, a rarity ...

I'm glad to hear you're recycling the wrapping paper ... I refuse to buy wrapping paper ... I recycle the gift bags and tissue paper as well ... when we have functions at our non-profit gigs I'm the "recycle lady", LOL ... Patsy, my friend, says "you're too good" ... Then she gets to the podium and says, "bring anything recyclable to FlowerChild" and I bring it home and dump it in the recycle bin ... It amazes me how much stuff that I, one person, can muster up in a week much less a family 2 or more ... anyway, I've been called worse than the "recycle lady", LOL

College football and reading a great book .., Highs in the 50's clear skies ... going to be a beautiful day ... hope the same for you ... Enjoy it! Hearts & Hugs, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22756 Dec 14, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning Flower. We gonna get some white stuff tonight.
14-16 inches and really cold. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Have a nice day sweetie.
Good morning, Rotor ... I pulled up doppler radar in your area I'm sure you've batten down the hatches ... King Sized Down feather blanket, check ... MRE's, check ... Got Milk? check ... Carry on soldier! Been missing you! Love you! Mean it! FC <3 ...

>>MWAH<<

1894 ... fold an old MRE package and bury it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min Bezeer 22,159
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Aura Mytha 216,635
conversation using song lyrics (Aug '13) 22 min Camilla 2,521
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 31 min Mr_FX 40,838
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 33 min Mr_FX 1,574
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 44 min Sam 67,105
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 53 min SweLL GirL 15,210
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr Lucy the First 10,569
All Christmas Carols/Songs and Quotes.. 1 hr Emerald 49
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Lucy the First 206,934