For Dear FlowerChild

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22717 Dec 10, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
Flower.. De-Iced the Scooter..Let's HOP on And. go to the Mall..Look for PARTY DRESSES and SHOES....
De-Iced the Scooter, huh? No, thanks ... I'm riding solo, CC ... Carry on ....

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22718 Dec 11, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Princess ... all that hype about the weather and we got NOTHING ... I heard of a 20 car pile up in Austin Friday I think but out here we didn't get ice/sleet/snow/rain a thing ... it's been below freezing for a few days running and all the plants are either in the storage room or in the front bedroom ... but no loss of power or anything to write home about ... Feel bad for the folks all over the country that did, though ... Hope everyone is alright ... Hope everyone at your home is great and doing alright, too! Stay warm, dry and nourished ...
Hearts hugs and lotsa love ~ FC <3 ...
Man it has been rough here. Pots of ice brought down power lines. Limbs breaking off from the ice load. 250000 without power. I lost power in my all electric house. Lucky I had a cord of wood to keep the house warm. Going hunting for 2 days in Dumas so it will be fun to be with my buddies

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#22719 Dec 11, 2013
Morning Flower. Still cold and snowy here, but I heard it's supposed to warm all the way up to 32 degrees today--I can hardly wait.

We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave....lol

Gotta get moving, too many threads, not enough time

Hearts, hugs, and heat!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22720 Dec 11, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Man it has been rough here. Pots of ice brought down power lines. Limbs breaking off from the ice load. 250000 without power. I lost power in my all electric house. Lucky I had a cord of wood to keep the house warm. Going hunting for 2 days in Dumas so it will be fun to be with my buddies
Good morning, Denny ... wow, sounds serious ... hope yall have enough wood to keep and stay warm ... >>sending your warmth and sunshine<< FC <3 ...

7757 ... lucky 7's my favorite #'s

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22721 Dec 11, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Morning Flower. Still cold and snowy here, but I heard it's supposed to warm all the way up to 32 degrees today--I can hardly wait.
We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave....lol
Gotta get moving, too many threads, not enough time
Hearts, hugs, and heat!
Good morning, Princess ... We're getting up to mid 50's today ... sun is shining and beautiful out ... the pups are playing later and later each night ... thinking it's a game they come to the porch and pretend they're coming in and put front paws in front while they're tail is wagging and turn around and take off running meanwhile I'm warming up everyone in the hill country ... this happens around3-4 times ... so I just shut the door on them when I AM READY and then they'll come barreling around the corner and I'll step aside so they'll make their final destination ... it's so funny! Goodness ...

Not much to do today and I'm so glad ... Enjoying my first cuppa coffee ... Making a list, checking it twice, lol ... Enjoy your day ... Love ya, mean it ...

Hearts hugs and Santa's Beard ... not to be confused with Duck Dynasty's ...

4220 ... full house of barber's

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22722 Dec 11, 2013
So about a week about a week ago I heard Mack Brown, UT Longhorn's football coach, was going to leave Texas football ...

After 16 years as head football coach it is rumored that Mack is leaving by weeks end ... he is presently recruiting in Florida ... Recruiting for what prey tell?...

It was also a rumored that Nick Saban, Alabama Roll Tide, was a contender to fill big Mack's job? Anyone heard anything around the water cooler?

My initial reaction is why would Coach from a #2 team go to a # 6 team? That would make no sense to me at all ... Ego, okay, that makes sense ... Not dissin' your coach, just sayin'...

That's just what I heard around water cooler ...

Anyway, at this point, I'm kind of concerned but not surprised that Coach Gary Kubiak is gone, buh bye, from my Texans and their record is atrocious but they are not acted discouraged, deflated or defeated ... Maybe Wade can have a Come to Jesus Meeting with them in the locker room, albeit a little late in the season, and he can light a little fire under them ...

That's all, I'm done rantin' LOL ...

5606 ... full house of touchdowns for my teams ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22723 Dec 11, 2013
oh, Jeez ... my grammar bytes ... I need a 2nd cup of coffee ... rubs eyes with bleach, lol ...

1979 ... was a very good year

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22724 Dec 11, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
oh, Jeez ... my grammar bytes ... I need a 2nd cup of coffee ... rubs eyes with bleach, lol ...
1979 ... was a very good year
Good morning everyone ... BTW ...

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#22725 Dec 11, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Fishman ... well, believe it or not I got what you might call rain-boots almost knee high with hearts all over them, some slip-on skechers, some Old Navy slip on lamb skin house shoes in turquoise color, and a pair of black leather knee high Etienne Aigner boots that are just beautiful and fit perfect with my skinny jeans not that I'm skinny or anything ... All on sale ... my husband used to tease me about getting mukluks ... He had a pair of black leather knee high suede flat footed boot kind of boots, I guess is what they were that looked really good on him ... the girls would look at him ... of course he was a 30-32 and was petty slim and very good looking in anything he wore but that's besides the point ... but I'd tease HIM about HIS mukluks ... that's funny you make me think about that GOD BLESS HIS SOUL ... anyway, what we talking about, oh, all the money I spent and what I want for Christmas ... Oh, I guess I already got it ... No, I want or what I need ... 1 of 3 things and I'll think about and let you know tomorrow ... it's 30 degrees out and the pups think it's play time ... they come to the front porch and pretend they are going to come in and stop and turn around and go back in their park and make me stand there like a dummy with the door wide open thinking they're going to come in ... they think it's a game now ... it' ain't funny, lol ... grrrrrrrrrr lolol ... let me try again and I'll talk to you later ...
5911 ... okay, pair of ace's, 9 high ... they're in
I'm glad I sparked some good memories.
Lots of coincidences lately?
On another note. A co-worker is down there in Texas, her mom passed away. Her mom had Alzheimer's real bad. I've been thinking lately, if you look for it, there are good things and bad things about everything that happens. Her mom isn't suffering anymore, so, that's a good thing.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22726 Dec 11, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad I sparked some good memories.
Lots of coincidences lately?
On another note. A co-worker is down there in Texas, her mom passed away. Her mom had Alzheimer's real bad. I've been thinking lately, if you look for it, there are good things and bad things about everything that happens. Her mom isn't suffering anymore, so, that's a good thing.
Hi again, Fishman ... yes, I have many good memories about my late husband ... like the mornings I get up to go to work and he'd be sleeping, GRRRRRRRRrrr ... but knowing when I'd get home, he'd been, in the boat, with all the pups AND THE NEIGHBOR PUPS TOO, LOL and they'd been to some cove fishing, swimming, la-la-palooza at the lake, either with the pups and/or his friends ... I did care but really down under ... it's what made him happy ... so I put him to school to get his Masters and he did what ... exactly what he wanted to do when he grew up ... HAPPY like John Lennon told his teacher when Lennon's teacher asked him ... Lennon's teacher said he didn't understand the question and Lennon said something like 'no, you don't understand about life' or something like that ... don't quote me ...

I did what I wanted to do ... argue with lawyers all day all the while thinking in the back of my head what my mentors had taught me at a very young age, "BE FIRM BUT FAIR" ... Man, I was good ... Not many of my cases went to the courthouse ... I loved settling cases on the "steps of the courthouse" per se ... and I'd smile all the way back to the office, calling the adjuster to cut the check and put it in the old "proverbial MAIL" and then preparing settlement papers ...

Do I miss it, NO! Have I thought about work since I left it 8 years ago, NO! I think about Topix 24/7/365! Nah, not really, GOTCHCA! hahahahahahahahha

the full boat ... 6906 ---> made me do it, hahaha

So, how's your day? Make it happy ;)

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#22727 Dec 12, 2013
Hello Lovely FC !:)

Stopping in to say Hello and wish you a very Happy Thursday! I will have to say, I am already tired of winter and it has technically not even arrived!!lol

Hoping to finish my shopping this weekend and just enjoy the rest of the Holiday season. Told myself I'm not going to stress over it this year and just go with the flow. So far, so good !

Enjoy your day and stay warm. Chilly here and I hate wearing a heavy coat....I'm doomed !

Back to work for me, I need to kill a few more trees.!!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22728 Dec 12, 2013
Good morning everyone ... Good day to you ...

HUMBLE PIE ~ BLACK COFFEE ...

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#22729 Dec 12, 2013
Morning Flower. 50's, huh? Wow, but what I wouldn't give for 50 degree weather. I've heard rumors it'll be in the 40's over the weekend--but I think I'll believe it when I see it.

Gonna try out a new restaurant this weekend. Some friends of ours opened a place in town. Homestyle food, soup and salad bar, the works. Plus, they do catering. Can't wait to dig into some bbq.

Have a super day
Hearts, hugs, and bbq

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#22730 Dec 12, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi sweet Emma ... I bet that was fun ... did you listen to Chrismas music while you were wrapping the presents or watch Charlie Brown Christmas movie? >>smiles and hugs<< <3 ...
1881 ... pair of 8's says yall probably did and giggled, too ;)
Hi FC. I watched the Charlie brown Christmas show. Have a nice day.:-) <3

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#22731 Dec 12, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi again, Fishman ... yes, I have many good memories about my late husband ... like the mornings I get up to go to work and he'd be sleeping, GRRRRRRRRrrr ... but knowing when I'd get home, he'd been, in the boat, with all the pups AND THE NEIGHBOR PUPS TOO, LOL and they'd been to some cove fishing, swimming, la-la-palooza at the lake, either with the pups and/or his friends ... I did care but really down under ... it's what made him happy ... so I put him to school to get his Masters and he did what ... exactly what he wanted to do when he grew up ... HAPPY like John Lennon told his teacher when Lennon's teacher asked him ... Lennon's teacher said he didn't understand the question and Lennon said something like 'no, you don't understand about life' or something like that ... don't quote me ...
I did what I wanted to do ... argue with lawyers all day all the while thinking in the back of my head what my mentors had taught me at a very young age, "BE FIRM BUT FAIR" ... Man, I was good ... Not many of my cases went to the courthouse ... I loved settling cases on the "steps of the courthouse" per se ... and I'd smile all the way back to the office, calling the adjuster to cut the check and put it in the old "proverbial MAIL" and then preparing settlement papers ...
Do I miss it, NO! Have I thought about work since I left it 8 years ago, NO! I think about Topix 24/7/365! Nah, not really, GOTCHCA! hahahahahahahahha
the full boat ... 6906 ---> made me do it, hahaha
So, how's your day? Make it happy ;)
lol
Good morning Flowerchild.
When I grow up, I want to be a fisherman.
Did you see that drummer joke?
The boy says to his dad,'When I grow up, I want to be a drummer.".
And his dad says, "I'm sorry son, you can't do both.".

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22732 Dec 13, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
Hello Lovely FC !:)
Stopping in to say Hello and wish you a very Happy Thursday! I will have to say, I am already tired of winter and it has technically not even arrived!!lol
Hoping to finish my shopping this weekend and just enjoy the rest of the Holiday season. Told myself I'm not going to stress over it this year and just go with the flow. So far, so good !
Enjoy your day and stay warm. Chilly here and I hate wearing a heavy coat....I'm doomed !
Back to work for me, I need to kill a few more trees.!!
Good morning Happy Hatti ... always nice to see you ... Actually I LIKE the cold ... but it's easier for me to say that because I don't live in an area that gets severe wx like the rest of some parts of Texas and the United States ... goodness, some places are getting pounded and I heard last night of another Arctic cold front blasting sometime by the end of next week ...

No, not good to stress over tangible and material things like Christmas presents but got to keep the kids and grands happy, don't-cha-know? lol ... I cannot remember who it was that said the most wonderful thing in the world was watching kids on Christmas Day tearing and opening up presents in the living room ... It may have been Andy Rooney ... It was a quote I may have put on the Quotes Thread ... don't quote me though, I've slept since then, lol ... It is a joy though, nowadays, the teenagers are less apt to give you a thank you ...

I love the wrap around hugs though I get from my niece for the tiniest things like my high school letterman's jacket for softball, one year my high school ring, my letterman's sweater for choir,... I have no children so who'd I leave it to? Jax doesn't sport any jewelry except his dog tags and he's got one for every year ... when I hear them in the middle of the night it means I have to get up for him ... Today we're up by 8 and that's a rarity ...

Okie dokie .... we've got some rain coming through ... glad the boys have already been out ... Don't cut down too many trees and have a very very nice day! HAPPY FRIDAY TGIF, Hatti!
FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22733 Dec 13, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Morning Flower. 50's, huh? Wow, but what I wouldn't give for 50 degree weather. I've heard rumors it'll be in the 40's over the weekend--but I think I'll believe it when I see it.
Gonna try out a new restaurant this weekend. Some friends of ours opened a place in town. Homestyle food, soup and salad bar, the works. Plus, they do catering. Can't wait to dig into some bbq.
Have a super day
Hearts, hugs, and bbq
Good morning, Princess ... just checked doppler radar and there's some raining coming from the rest ... GOOD! The more the merrier ... Of course the cleaning lady was here yesterday but she'll be back this afternoon to finish up ... Thank goodness! Oh, BTW ... we are warming up to the 60's even maybe mid 60's and may see 70's by Sunday ...

A new restaurant in town! Cool beans! We have a new Chinese Restaurant in town that I've yet to try but Bonnie says it's great ... I was at boot camp the day before and someone came from behind and wrapped their arms around my waist and said "hello woman". I had no clue who it was because mostly it's the geriatric crew that visit that establishment ... When I found it was her I asked how she knew it was me and she said, "your hair." ... I was "what about it, do I have a cowlick or something?" She laughed ... Then she took both her hands and messed up my hair and laughed some more, we both did, lol ... thanks alot! hahaha

Oh, back to the new restaurant in town ... have yall tried it and how was it? Do tell ... Enjoy your day ...

Hearts, hugs and good hair days ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22734 Dec 13, 2013
Hey Its Emma wrote:
<quoted text>Hi FC. I watched the Charlie brown Christmas show. Have a nice day.:-) <3
Good morning sweet Emma! I love the Christmas shows ... I was just telling someone yesterday that IDK why I watch A Christmas Story every year ... year after year ... but I watch Forrest Gump every year, too ... I know just about every line in both those movies ... Another one if you haven't seen it, A KNIGHT'S TALE ft Heath Ledger .... The only DVD I own, Forrest Gump is on VHS ...(don't laugh)... Oh, forgot E.T. is on DVD so I do own 2 DVD's ... E.T. phone home ... love those 4 movies ... can watch them every year whether I have or need to or not ... If you haven't watched A KNIGHT'S TALE I think you will find it surprisingly amusing ... makes me laugh every time and has an awesome classic R&R soundtrack ... Happy Friday ... Enjoy your day! >>smiles and hugs<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22735 Dec 13, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Good morning Flowerchild.
When I grow up, I want to be a fisherman.
Did you see that drummer joke?
The boy says to his dad,'When I grow up, I want to be a drummer.".
And his dad says, "I'm sorry son, you can't do both.".
Good morning, Fishman ... well, if you're a drummer ... you can throw your drum sticks in the air and reel in your fish while they're in the air ... put your fish in the water well and then catch your sticks and continue playing, hahahahahahahaha ... only viable way I can see ... SOUNDS good to me, lol ...

What drummer joke? The one I just told, lol .... weak and lame I know but the only one I could come up with ... What the boy couldn't grow up AND be a drummer? Aw, The Little Drummer boy, pa rump pum pum pum ... and look he grew up to be a Fisherman ... accomplished both ... KUDOS, yippie kye aye ...

So, how was your week? Mine was trying me as much as one could be tried but I conquered and prevailed so it's all good ... TGIF and yeah, yippie kye aye, LOL ... Have a bright and beautiful day ... FC <3 ...

7732 ... pair of 7's looking good

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22736 Dec 13, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
So about a week about a week ago I heard Mack Brown, UT Longhorn's football coach, was going to leave Texas football ...
After 16 years as head football coach it is rumored that Mack is leaving by weeks end ... he is presently recruiting in Florida ... Recruiting for what prey tell?...
It was also a rumored that Nick Saban, Alabama Roll Tide, was a contender to fill big Mack's job? Anyone heard anything around the water cooler?
My initial reaction is why would Coach from a #2 team go to a # 6 team? That would make no sense to me at all ... Ego, okay, that makes sense ... Not dissin' your coach, just sayin'...
That's just what I heard around water cooler ...
Anyway, at this point, I'm kind of concerned but not surprised that Coach Gary Kubiak is gone, buh bye, from my Texans and their record is atrocious but they are not acted discouraged, deflated or defeated ... Maybe Wade can have a Come to Jesus Meeting with them in the locker room, albeit a little late in the season, and he can light a little fire under them ...
That's all, I'm done rantin' LOL ...
5606 ... full house of touchdowns for my teams ...
Ok, so Mack Brown under the spotlight AGAIN in yesterdays sports news ... YES, I watch the sports news, Surprised? No, I didn't think so, LOL Mack said hewas not there to talk about retiring but to talk about the next game. When he has the talk with the President of the University then whatever he decides will be filtered down to the media.

It's no surprise that Nick Saban has been seen sporting around Austin, for about a week or two, allegedly "scouting" around ... Red McCombs has said there is no "shortage of money" to pay Nick Saban, as a matter of fact, there was more money than that of the "Vatican" and if there is (a shortage) then he (Red McCombs) is in trouble, lol ... pretty funny interview ...

So, the bottom line, IF Mack Brown steps down as Coach of the University of Texas Longhorns, Austin TX ... the probably, possible, perceivable and reality of it all ---> is that Nick Saban from Alabama will be our new coach ...

What say you?...

7949 ... pair of 9's 7 high ... if not this year then maybe next ... depends on how tired Mack is ... Wish the press would get off his back and let him be a coach, Jeez ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 6 min -Papa-Smurf- 3,375
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min Dave 226,084
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 50 min Faith 32,418
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr ChristineM 223,191
"3 words beginning with similar Letters!" (Dec '12) 2 hr -Papa-Smurf- 368
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 2 hr -Papa-Smurf- 3,214
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 2 hr -Papa-Smurf- 7,450
Does anyone remember? (Apr '13) 4 hr Pardon Pard 1,978
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr Dave 76,615
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 5 hr Rosa 6,755
More from around the web