“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22299 Nov 8, 2013
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
I was listening to the radio driving home to Columbus in the middle of the night. The theme of the show was "what would life be like after a nuclear holocaust. The visiting scientist said "no matter how much and how many years we cannot kill cockroaches". "Even using DDT cockroaches continue to thrive". "After the nuclear holocaust, everything said and done, the only thing left on Earth will be cockroaches and Keith Richards".
LOL ... hey, now ... quit picking on my man, hahahaha

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22300 Nov 8, 2013
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
One night Jay Leno was commenting on Dave Crosby's new liver transplant. The audience booed loudly because they knew the musician bought his way to the front of the line to get a new liver. They also knew Dave would abuse this one with drugs and alcohol. Jay Leno said in his monologue, " I have good news and bad news!" "Dave Crosby got a new liver today!" The audience booed! "The bad news is the liver came from Keith Richards!"
oh, R ... you're so bad ... I like bad boyz, lol ...

2084 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22301 Nov 8, 2013
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>Falling out of trees in Africa is a must also. They have a yellow street sign in Africa, "Falling Stones".
Good morning, MH ... either you watch too much TV or your wife need to tighten the leash, hahahahahaha J/K ... Here's another song for "A'hia" ... Have you been there? LOL ... Enjoy your day! Luvya mean it! FC <3 ...

LONNIE MACK ~ CINCINNATI JAIL ...

It's quite obvious that SRV's older brother, Jimmie, was his role model and influence in playing guitar ... SRV also said Lonnie Mack also had a big part in role model/influence ... Just an FYI for yall to ponder ...

2415 ... fold like notes taken in music class

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22302 Nov 8, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>lol
Sammy is prob 60 now?
Good morning, Bud ... It is beautiful out ... no way th pups wanted to hang with me while I perused topville this morning while have a cuppa ... coffee that is ... FC doesn't do tea ... I once liked a certain tea but I forgot its name and never delved into any other types ... you know, like they do in England and such ...

According to what I found on wiki, which often leaks, Sammy was born the year my daddy graduated from high school, 1947 ... thus making him 66 ...

"Samuel Roy "Sammy" Hagar (born October 13, 1947),[1] also known as The Red Rocker."

I'd pull my Rock and Roll Encyclopedia out to confirm that but I have difficulty reaching it and too comfortable to get the stepping stool to reach it, lol ... okay I will ... hold on ... The Meat Puppets? WTH are they? That is Who the heck are they?...

Confirmed 10/13/1947 ... source: The Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock & Roll, Third Edition; Revised and Updated for the 21st Century ...

I liked the old paperback better ... it didn't have all these goofy bands, pop bands, pop rock,(k)rap bands ... but for the most part it has all the good information we want and need ... just skip over the rest ... It's really nice and was given to me by a fellow Topville poster here as a Christmas gift one year ... very nice gift indeed ...

okay, that was my workout for the day ... Whassup? Talk to me, lol ... Good day to you! Peace & Love! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22303 Nov 8, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning Flower. We are going to get our first freeze tuesday :)
Good morning, Denny ... Night before last it hit freezing in the outlying hill country ... got close here but no cigars, 40 here at Lake Travis ... by outlying I mean the 5 Lakes, Inks, Buchanan, Marble Falls and the other 2 I can't remember who won't give us any water for Lake Travis but we are giving water to Cedar Park, Leander and Liberty Hill ... oh, do not even get me started again ...

Lake Travis is 35% filled ... Still need more rain ... Praying for it, STILL ... I'm wondering why I moved to the lake if it doesn't have any water ... I took my friends there this weekend, they couldn't believe the dry docks, the empty boat ramps, there were NO boat ramps ... looked deserted ... Everything had been moved further out in the lake ... You could probably walk or swim across the lake to Pace Bend Park or whatever is over there, I forgot ... My late husband could tell you, I forgot ...

Anyway, bundle up for your freeze, hello to the wife and a scratch behind the ears for the pups ... Peace & Love, FC <3 ...

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#22304 Nov 8, 2013
Good morning Flower-Child.
It looks like the Philipines is getting hit hard with that typhoon. They sure get a lot of those. If I ever move over there, I want a house made of concrete with a cement roof.
They are saying it might blow 40 in the channel Sunday/Monday. The fish must still eat, I need to figure out a way to catch them in those conditions.

Old rockers never die, they just start creeking and need new springs.(is that funny? come on, I need a little feedback here)

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#22305 Nov 8, 2013
I love blues and rock. I never heard Lonnie Mack before. Thank you Girl! No leash required here...us slow old guys are easy to catch.....we just can't remember what to do when caught.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#22306 Nov 8, 2013
Oh, what about you? Any special plans for the weekend?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22307 Nov 8, 2013
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>Well here in the South it was 8 degrees colder at 4:00 a.m. compared to Cleveland. I still walk my Chihuahua and vodka wearing a swimming suit as shorts but intelligent enough to put on an Ohio State Buckeyes sweater.
LOL ... if it's 100 in Austin it's 105 at the Lake ... if It' 35 in Austin it's 30 at the Lake ... IDK why the 5 degree difference ... maybe because of the hills and curves and because the Lake is at the bottom of the hill?... yep, we do the same thing ... wear shorts, hoodies, socks & sandals ... The is the LAKE for crissakes, nobody gets dressed up here ...

4652 ... fold up your hoodie

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#22308 Nov 8, 2013
I got to get me a banjo.
The first song I want to learn on it will be-
Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit

Does anybody in here have a fiddle? I could use an accompaniment.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22309 Nov 8, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>How about Hockey? The Dallas Stars and playing well right now!
You could buy the Rangers DVD of the 1st season the went to the World Series and watch all 90+/- games? That would keep you busy till next season lol
LOL, Ricky ... you know there's 162 games in the season and you know I watched at least 161 of them ... the All-Star game, the Divisional Series, the Championship series AND the World Series ... Thanks for the suggestion but I'll keep the IV in until spring training ...

And wonder what "replay" rules they will come up with ... something about 1st through 6th innings or something like that ... didn't quite grasp all of what was being said because I had my hands over my ears saying, "NO NO NO", LOL ...

6587 ... striaght to the head of the line for peanuts and cracker jacks ...

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#22310 Nov 8, 2013
Did you see where Eminem doesn't like to blog?
That would be weird to be famous and write on topix and get no respect at all. You know, be treated like the rest of us regular, uh, people.

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#22311 Nov 8, 2013
My daughter is moving back to Klumbis, Ahia from Dallas next week. The weather in Texas is all over the place. It took 2 days to drive to Nashville from Monterrey, Mexico. I had no idea how big Texas is. Lurdes woke up in the car looking at the Dallas skyline. Her first words were, "Where is JR?". Apparently they show "Dallas" in Portugal. Austin is pretty close to the Capitol? right?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22312 Nov 8, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Did you see where Eminem doesn't like to blog?
That would be weird to be famous and write on topix and get no respect at all. You know, be treated like the rest of us regular, uh, people.
Hi Fishman ... Who is Eminem? haha I've heard of him but I don't really know any of his music ... maybe I should check him out? yes or no? So he would be a commoner? No respect like Rodney Dangerfield? Bummer!

2 million 2 hundred thousand hits on youtube ... K)rap ...

NOT AFRAID ... trying to give some message ... almost listen(able)... http://www.youtube.com/watch...
1/2 a million hits ... some k)rap and some singing & melody ...

can't say I didn't listen ... I just wouldn't run to the record store and buy this (coughs) music ...

5523 ... pass on through to the other side

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22313 Nov 8, 2013
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
My daughter is moving back to Klumbis, Ahia from Dallas next week. The weather in Texas is all over the place. It took 2 days to drive to Nashville from Monterrey, Mexico. I had no idea how big Texas is. Lurdes woke up in the car looking at the Dallas skyline. Her first words were, "Where is JR?". Apparently they show "Dallas" in Portugal. Austin is pretty close to the Capitol? right?
Lurdes, ha! I love her!!!!!!!!!! She's too funny or else you're making it up and making her sound funny but I really believe she's funny ... did she and I speak on the phone a couple of times? She was so shy!!!!!... Darlin'.... Austin IS the capital of Texas ...

Don't you remember we were trying to put the statue lady on top of our capital building and just could NOT do it?... Tennessee, the Volunteer State, sent their guys over and got that Lady on our Capital Building ... Talk about embarrassing ... And here I sit and tell the story ... I feel like hiding under the covers >>runs and ducks for cover<< LOL ...

2702 ... full house of representatives

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#22314 Nov 8, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Fishman ... Who is Eminem? haha I've heard of him but I don't really know any of his music ... maybe I should check him out? yes or no? So he would be a commoner? No respect like Rodney Dangerfield? Bummer!
2 million 2 hundred thousand hits on youtube ... K)rap ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bmXumtgwtakXX
NOT AFRAID ... trying to give some message ... almost listen(able)... http://www.youtube.com/watch...
1/2 a million hits ... some k)rap and some singing & melody ...
can't say I didn't listen ... I just wouldn't run to the record store and buy this (coughs) music ...
5523 ... pass on through to the other side
lol
(I think that's half a billion? where's my slide rule?)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22315 Nov 8, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
(I think that's half a billion? where's my slide rule?)
IDK, where's mine, mea culpa ... lol

3335 ... full house of math teachers

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22316 Nov 8, 2013
"Passion-REALISM-realism was the key. The records were letters. Real letters from me to certain people who had and still have basically, no music, be it verbal or instrumental to listen to {...} I'd harbored hope that the intelligence that once inhabited novels or films would ingest rock. I was, perhaps, wrong." -Lou Reed ~

Took this from Will's posting on Facebook ... Thanks Will ...

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#22317 Nov 8, 2013
What is a slide rule? Let me get back on my 286 and look it up. It takes awhile to log out of "Word Purfect".

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22318 Nov 8, 2013
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
What is a slide rule? Let me get back on my 286 and look it up. It takes awhile to log out of "Word Purfect".
Is it a kind of country dance from the 80's hahahahaha

5361 ... fold like a tortilla

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suspicious package at NYC bus station filled wi... 4 min wichita-rick 2
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 5 min modhippie1 7,693
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min wichita-rick 155,519
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 16 min Mega Monster 8,923
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 17 min wichita-rick 655
Not so 'Good to Go' when man gets $18,000 toll ... 26 min Abrahammock Relig... 1
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 32 min Subduction Zone 143,162
Are You a MEAN Person ? 37 min Crazy Beautiful 55
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 49 min mr goodwrench 856
did tally have a stroke 1 hr A noted observer 27
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 38,573
More from around the web