For Dear FlowerChild

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22210 Nov 4, 2013
Good morning sweet Flower. Going to be in the 30's this week :)

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#22211 Nov 4, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Big Time is a vet?
THANK YOU BIG TIME FOR SERVING!!!

I'm not one, My Wife was in the Army and passed at Brooke Army in San Antonio

post above this one

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#22212 Nov 4, 2013
Hi Flower-Child.
I might not be able to post from work today. T-Mobile is going through changes and I'm not rolling with them very good.
Spent about 2 hours on the phone Friday to try to get my hotspot back up, but never did. Don't have time for that #@%* this morning and it looks like the website is still down.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#22213 Nov 4, 2013
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not one, My Wife was in the Army and passed at Brooke Army in San Antonio
post above this one
I'm so sorry to hear that BT!

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#22214 Nov 4, 2013
Hi Flower. Hope all is well in your little corner of Texas. What are you doing with yourself since baseball is over? Are you just sitting there counting down the days till Spring Training?

Remember, there's always football to get you through.

<waves> Enjoy your day.

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#22215 Nov 4, 2013
My day is good, FC. Have fun reading. >>smiles+hugs<<
FlowerChild Unplugged

Austin, TX

#22216 Nov 5, 2013
ispdiva wrote:
<quoted text>
What's new & exciting in "Topville"
Hi Sweetie Pie ... nice to see you ... Not sure what's exciting in Topville ... haven't been around ... you tell me, lol ... Have fun today! FC ...

4240 ... full boat 4's over 2's ... boatload of fun for SP ...

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#22217 Nov 5, 2013
Good morning Flower-Child.
(I still don't have internet for work time.)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22218 Nov 5, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which 3? You, Norah and Billy?
LOL. I feel a tangent coming on.(It's your fault, sorry for getting a little off your topic though.)
My first bike was green, at about 4 I think. Green was my favorite color, but everyone said 'green is for girls'(because it started with 'g'?),'blue is for boys'. So, from then on, I changed my favorite color to blue for the rest of my bikes and my first car. What a wimp, huh? Then, I didn't like the Beatles that much in grade school (liked Herman's Hermits, Dave Clark 5 and the Monkeys- embarrassing a little now), but everyone had to know who was your favorite Beatle. I would say, "George", since I liked the guitar best. I stuck with George through High School, especially since I played guitar then (Our band did Incense and Perpermints- Stawberry Alarmclock). The Ravi Shankar thing made it a little hard then though.
Wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia. org/wiki/George_Harrison
"During the Beatles' American tour in August 1965, Harrison's friend David Crosby of the Byrds introduced him to Indian classical music and the work of sitar maestro Ravi Shankar.[261][262] Harrison described Shankar as "the first person who ever impressed me in my life ... and he was the only person who didn't try to impress me."[263] Harrison became fascinated with the sitar and immersed himself in Indian music..."
Then, in college, I got into reading Alan Watts and listened to John Lennon all the time. Over the years, I've bought more John, Paul, and even Ringo records than Georges.
But, now, I've changed again (have to roll with the changes). After reading and learning SO much from the book- The Sociopath Next Door, by Martha Stout, I have different feelings about John. My mom was a sociopath, so, I'm not knocking John, he was great. But I'm going back to liking George best, not because of his music, but because of his beliefs. Even in the 60's, he was not as much of a materialist. He could have made a lot more money without a frigin sitar. In the end, on Maui, I've heard good stories about how he was a nice guy and not into things and possessions.
I wonder if Ravi was a big influence on him?
My belief in karma has a lot to do with George and maybe in a way, Ravi.
Rest in peace, George and Ravi-
Morning, Fishman ... No, we 3 ... you, D & me ... our initials are the same and our birth years are the same ... what a coinkidink ... George liked to play the ukulele ... When I saw Paul McCartney earlier this year Paul made a special tribute to George and played a ukulele for the tribute ... it was fun & cool ...
I believe Ravi Shankar was married to Norah Jones mother and that is the relation ... don't quote me cuz I haven't been googled today but that is what I recall ...
What kind of bikes? 10 speeds or vroom vroom, LOL ...
I need to leave in 30 minutes so trying to get caught up before I leave, or not ... can always get caught up when I return but going to try and hit the gym when I return from my appointment ... Be cool, catch you later! FC <3 ...

3329 ... pair of 3's ... fold like an old bus ticket

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22219 Nov 5, 2013
Big Time wrote:
Tap and hold the address to copy to clipboard, then paste in post is my Guess,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UHemB0t31TwXX
easier said than done with a smart alec phone, Big Time ... but I'm up and running ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22220 Nov 5, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Flower? lol
I thought I was talking to a young girl.
Oh, not calling you old!
Another thing in that interview that surprised me was that both Norah and Billy said their moms were born in Oklahoma!(was that their moms?)
Here, I'll do you a favor-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qhYLz63csS0XX
Incense and Pepermints- Strawberry Alarm Clock
lol Our band, we only had 3, didn't quite sound like that I'm sure.
IDK where Norah's mom is from as I've not delved into her history as such ... I know Norah lived above a doughnut shop or some kind of business when she lived in New York when she first moved there ... She's quite talented on the piano and has quite a soft lulling voice ... I saw her, I think, at the Marriott Hotel or some hotel in downtown Austin one afternoon ... she's a lovely woman ...

7596 ... a single track from Norah's 45 rpm's

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22221 Nov 5, 2013
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not one, My Wife was in the Army and passed at Brooke Army in San Antonio,...
Big Time ... Thanks to your wife for her bravery and I'm sorry for your loss ... This cannot be easy for you and your family & friends ... My heart goes out to you ... Hearts, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22222 Nov 5, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Morning FC!
Morning, Ricky! Hope you're having a good week this week ... Been good so far ...

Baseball withdrawals ... stick an IV in me til spring training ...

Computer withdrawals ... stick an IV in the other arms ... figured out the problem was the battery in my laptop which is connected to my (desktop) docking stocking ... is BAD ... found one online but I couldn't verify the company I was dealing existed ... I called a locally owned company who has the battery for $10 bucks more but he said if I mentioned I saw his ad on the internet then he'd cut me some slack and give me $10 discount which is cool ... I took the battery out of the laptop and put it back on the docking station so it's NOT my computer ... it's just the bad battery which TWICE has blacked me out of my system ... Solution: get a new, but not necessary, battery ... If I want to SAVE information, then I'll need the new battery ... I want to unlock the laptop and be able to go on vacation with it, when needed, at any given date and time so I'll give the guy my local business and buy the battery from him rather that Batteres Plus, Amazon.com , EBatts or some other chain ... Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it ...

Have an awesome day & catch you around the corner ...

4433 ... 2 pair ... support your local business'

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22223 Nov 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning sweet Flower. Going to be in the 30's this week :)
Morning Denny ... good to see you, too! We have a cold front moving in ... might get down to mid to high 40's & maybe 50's with a chance of some precipitation, 100% chance rain tomorrow ... we'll see what happens in the vortex ... stay warm whatever happens ...
Hello to the wife, pat on the pups heads & scratch behind the ear ... take care of you & TTYS ...

9334 ... pair of 3's ... fold like a dog's ear

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22224 Nov 5, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Hi Flower-Child.
I might not be able to post from work today. T-Mobile is going through changes and I'm not rolling with them very good.
Spent about 2 hours on the phone Friday to try to get my hotspot back up, but never did. Don't have time for that #@%* this morning and it looks like the website is still down.
it'll come back up ... be patient my friend, be patient ... again, easier said than done ...

9681 ... fold your itinerary over and over again while waiting

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22225 Nov 5, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Hi Flower. Hope all is well in your little corner of Texas. What are you doing with yourself since baseball is over? Are you just sitting there counting down the days till Spring Training?
Remember, there's always football to get you through.
<waves> Enjoy your day.
Good morning, Princess ... you got it ... Counting down the days for spring training, LOL ... how'd you know, hahaha ... Yep, trying to keep up with today's football ... For the first time in years am NOT playing Fantasy Football ... too unpredictable ... Basketball started last week, I think ... How's the canning business?
Oops, I need to leave in 5 minutes ... glad I looked at the clock ... will check on you later, pretty one ...

Hearts, hugs and those clocks that measure time ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22226 Nov 5, 2013
Hey Its Emma wrote:
My day is good, FC. Have fun reading. >>smiles+hugs<<
Good morning sweet Emma ... Glad your day is good ... Keep it that way >>smiles and hugs<< FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22227 Nov 5, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Good morning Flower-Child.
(I still don't have internet for work time.)
Morning Fishman ... don't give up ...

1254 ... fold you papers and go back to the old fashioned paper days, your contingency plan ...

Location Shown

#22228 Nov 5, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Time ... Thanks to your wife for her bravery and I'm sorry for your loss ... This cannot be easy for you and your family & friends ... My heart goes out to you ... Hearts, FC <3 ...

This was in '94, kids are through college and I am much better these days, just maybe a little short with folks wanting to bad mouth this Country or it's Flag. On to the Sunshine outside right now, here is Freddy with one the kids used to sing to in the Safari mini-van. back before the were SUV's,...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22229 Nov 5, 2013
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
This was in '94, kids are through college and I am much better these days, just maybe a little short with folks wanting to bad mouth this Country or it's Flag. On to the Sunshine outside right now, here is Freddy with one the kids used to sing to in the Safari mini-van. back before the were SUV's,...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3p4MZJsexEsXX
There were 5 kids in my family ... We had a station wagon ... it was nice ... always sat in the "back" seat and look out backwards ... my little brother and I ... we laughed giggled & did the "pull the arm" thing for the 18 wheelers to blow their horn and we'd laugh when the did, silly stuff ... then when it came to high school, I was like, "daddy, I can't drive a station wagon to school, it just isn't cool" so he bought me a Chev Bel-Air, 4 door, gold with white top, V8 with either a 327 or 350 & it scooted ... My boyfriend traded it in for a 67 Firebird, red with black vinyl top and console in the middle with red vinyl seats, best looking car in the parking lot ... of course, he was much older than I ....

people talking, really smiling, a man plays his guitar and singing for a song ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
will you help him change the world, can you dig it?
(yes, I can)... and I've been waiting such a long time for today ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name something that gets past around (Feb '14) 1 min andet1987 995
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 1 min liam cul8r 6,246
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 3 min andet1987 84,144
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 3 min SweLL GirL 37,330
one word only (Jun '08) 5 min andet1987 56,043
Does anyone remember? (Apr '13) 6 min CJ Rocker 1,771
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 6 min andet1987 5,404
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min CJ Rocker 224,508
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr forwhatitsworth 29,085
More from around the web