“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#22115 Oct 30, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bud! I've never had a trick or treater stop by my house ... The kids all know this is the house "with the dogs" ... they round the curve at the beginning of my property line and depending on which side they're on they hurriedly run UP the hill to the curve or run DOWN the hill to get past my house ... Otherwise, it's bark bark bark ... Nope, they don't stop by here >sigh< ...
Are you suggesting I change my costume and get a new broom this year, lol ...
1045 ... pair of aces high 5
lol, poor kids!

You should strap some really good candy to your dogs back and tell the kids to come get it!

As for the "costume and get a new broom", I was taught its better to keep your mouth shut at times! lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#22116 Oct 30, 2013
Hey Its Emma wrote:
<quoted text>Happy reading, FC. My day is good. >>hugs<< <3
Hey Emma1

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Level 5

Since: Oct 08

I HAVE BAD JOCK ITCH!

#22117 Oct 30, 2013
A traveling salesman came to Goshen Hill for a few days, selling his wares from door to door. He was a friendly man with a warm grin and a joke for everyone. He was accompanied by a large white dog that rode on the wagon beside him; companion, friend, and guardian of his wares.

The salesman and dog were making their way out of town when a murder was discovered in one of the places in which they had sported their wares. Suspicion blossomed at once against the stranger—certainly no one the townsfolk knew was capable of committing such a crime!—and a lynch mob chased the salesman out of town and strung him up on a tree beside the road.

The white dog howled and barked and roared as the mob carried his master away. More than one man was bitten as the salesman, still screaming out his innocence, was silenced forever. One fellow finally shot his gun at the white dog, wounding it enough to send it whimpering away. It soon became obvious to everyone in town that they’d hanged the wrong man. The corpse, dangling obscenely from the tree on Old Buncombe Road, was a grisly reminder of the community crime. They’d have cut down the salesman and given him a decent burial, but the white dog stood guard over his master’s corpse day after day, savagely threatening anyone who came near the hanging tree. So the salesman’s body withered and rotted underneath the tree beside the road, filling the air with a terrible stench as it desiccated in the summer heat. It was many weeks before body and dog disappeared from the Old Buncombe Road.
A few months later, a man who'd participated in the salesman's lynching happened to be walking down Old Buncome Road at night. As he drew near the hanging tree, his nose wrinkled in disgust as a whiff of rotten flesh swept past his face amd his stomach roiled. He staggered backward, his arm over his nose, wondering what was causing the terrible stench. Then he spotted the hanging tree, and saw upon it a glowing, desiccated corpse dangling obscenely by the neck from one of its branches. And beneath the ghostly figure stood a huge, white dog with glowing red eyes.

The dog growled menacingly when he saw the man on the road, and the man stumbled backward over the rut in the center of the road and then started to run. With an ear-shattering series of barks, the white dog pursued the fleeing man with supernatural speed. The man whipped this way and that, spinning around, leaping into the woods to dodge around trees, trying to avoid the huge dog snapping at his heels. If he fell, the dog would be at his throat immediately.

The man crashed headlong into a tree and flung himself upward. Below him, the ghost dog leapt, and sharp teeth closed on the man's hand. Pain ripped through him, and he climbed higher, trying to shake off the glowing beast.“Let go!” he screamed, kicking at it again. Suddenly, the white dog turned to mist before his eyes and swirled away. Realizing that the white dog might reappear at any moment, the man seized his chance. He slithered down the tree and ran all the way home. His wife sent a neighbor to fetch the doctor, who stitched up his hand as best he could. The white dog had nearly severed the palm, and the nerves were so badly damaged that he was crippled in that hand for the rest of his life.
The man later learned that every person who had participated in the lynching of the salesman was attacked by the ghost of the white dog. Many—like himself—were crippled in some way. As for the fellow who’d shot and injured the white dog—well, his four-year-old son disappeared and was never seen again.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22118 Oct 30, 2013
WOW!... Good dog take care of master, Voyeur ... my pups tag team ... one takes you from in front and the other from behind ... One of the pups is still in training/learning stage (hand command is difficult when I'm having difficulty with voice command)... I mean he was rescued at 1 yr 8 months ... I've got a lot to work/deal with, poor habits but it is very possible to teach and old dog new tricks, proven fact ... thanks for the story ... got chills reading it not knowing what to expect in the end ... Good day, bud <3 ...

8437 ... fold like a page in a book for the Dog Whisperer 101

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22119 Oct 30, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>lol, poor kids!
You should strap some really good candy to your dogs back and tell the kids to come get it!
As for the "costume and get a new broom", I was taught its better to keep your mouth shut at times! lol
Morning, Ricky! Rather tie a pinata to the old oak tree and let the kids have at it ... I'd have control of the string that lets the pinata go up and down, up and down ... the kids of course would be blind-folded, lol ... how much fun would that be?(for me) hahaha ... Think I need a new broom, send one over ... the cinnamon smelling one, please, ha!... Enjoy your day ...

EAGLES ~ WITCHY WOMAN ...

echo voices in the night; she's a restless spirit on an endless flight ... see how high flies ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22120 Oct 30, 2013
Yesterday I was at the Villages'(an area north of Orlando full of retirees) Publix (our large food chain in Florida) buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Owen, the Wonder Dog and was in the check-out line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

What did she think I had an elephant?
So because I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse, I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and that the way that it works is, to load your pants pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete,(certified), so it works well and I was going to try it again.(I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care, because the dog food had poisoned me. I told her no, I had stopped to pee on a fire hydrant and a car hit me.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.

Publix won't let me shop there anymore.

Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all the time in the world to think of crazy things to say!

4389 ... straight in line of retired ppl ready to ask/say crazy things

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22121 Oct 30, 2013
Ron White, A Texan,(IN PUBLIC)... I Got Thrown Out of a Bar ...

Have a chuckle for today, Enjoy! FC <3 ...

7564 ... straight to Comedy Central ...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22122 Oct 30, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
Yesterday I was at the Villages'(an area north of Orlando full of retirees) Publix (our large food chain in Florida) buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Owen, the Wonder Dog and was in the check-out line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.
What did she think I had an elephant?
So because I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse, I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.
I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and that the way that it works is, to load your pants pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete,(certified), so it works well and I was going to try it again.(I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)
Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care, because the dog food had poisoned me. I told her no, I had stopped to pee on a fire hydrant and a car hit me.
I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.
Publix won't let me shop there anymore.
Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all the time in the world to think of crazy things to say!
4389 ... straight in line of retired ppl ready to ask/say crazy things
Good morning Flower :) It is a good warm rainy day here in Dallas. I may catch a movie today

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22123 Oct 30, 2013
Ron White ~ Just for Laughs ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22124 Oct 30, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Flower :) It is a good warm rainy day here in Dallas. I may catch a movie today
Morning, Denny ... 100% chance of rain ... guess what ...it's been raining for hours ... LOVE it!...

Great idea, Denny ... Captain Phillips (Tom Hanks) is showing at 1210 ... think I'll make that showing ... thanks for the idea on a rainy day ... Have a good time at the cinema ... FC <3 ...

4682 ... fold like a napkin

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22125 Oct 30, 2013
from SONS OF ANARCHY soundtrack:

FRANKY PEREZ & THE FOREST RANGERS ...
http://youtu.be/hHqJZkJLTkM
LOVE IS MY RELIGION ...

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#22126 Oct 30, 2013
Good morning Flower. Yep, that Ron White, he's funny. lol. Not always "politically" correct, but hey--I like it anyway. "Are you Ron "Tater Salad" White? lol.

Anyway, raining currently, going to clear off later--I think, before the storms hit on Halloween. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about that, as there are no trick or treaters in the family any more.

The boys were always trying to stump me when it came to their costumes. "Mama build a ROBOT costume" "Mama build a DRAGON costume" I loved the years it was easy--cowboys or pirates or Robin Hood. Of course, with our daughter it was easy--Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Jasmine, all the popular Disney princesses. Wonder why that was? LOL

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22127 Oct 30, 2013
Channeling Jeff Foxworthy ... Go on, Jeff ... tell us how you really feel ...

A Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for entering and remaining in the country illegally — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.(excludes Texas by FC)...

If the government wants to prevent stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines that hold more than ten rounds, but gives twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If, in the nation’s largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not one 24-ounce soda, because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If an 80-year-old woman or a three-year-old girl who is confined to a wheelchair can be strip-searched by the TSA at the airport, but a woman in a burka or a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If a seven-year-old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is “cute,” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion, while not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If the government’s plan for getting people back to work is to provide incentives for not working, by granting 99 weeks of unemployment checks, without any requirement to prove that gainful employment was diligently sought, but couldn’t be found — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big-screen TV, while your neighbor buys iPhones, time shares, a wall-sized do-it-all plasma screen TV and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If being stripped of your Constitutional right to defend yourself makes you more “safe” according to the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

You get the gist of it or shall I go on? Have a great day! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22128 Oct 30, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Good morning Flower. Yep, that Ron White, he's funny. lol. Not always "politically" correct, but hey--I like it anyway. "Are you Ron "Tater Salad" White? lol.
Anyway, raining currently, going to clear off later--I think, before the storms hit on Halloween. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about that, as there are no trick or treaters in the family any more.
The boys were always trying to stump me when it came to their costumes. "Mama build a ROBOT costume" "Mama build a DRAGON costume" I loved the years it was easy--cowboys or pirates or Robin Hood. Of course, with our daughter it was easy--Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Jasmine, all the popular Disney princesses. Wonder why that was? LOL
Hi Princess ... My mom was a nurse for 45 years and my daddy worked, too ... we had a live-in maid til I was 12 or 13 but up until then our maid made our costumes ... After that, we were pretty much on our own to be creative and make costumes with what we had and what we needed ... There was no Goodwill Store to go to scavenge a costume ... we just made it up as we went along ... it was fun ... But, I've got to tell you, the "kids" from across the border, only 7 miles away, came by the truckloads to capture their bags full of candy ... we had a curfew on when to shut down our operation of handouts ... Hayrides, The Jackson Jubilee, carving pumpkins ... Halloween is fun ... enjoy your day ...

Hearts, hugs and pumpkin pie

6141 ... snake eyes ... scary

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#22129 Oct 30, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
I love Ron White!

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#22130 Oct 30, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
Ron White ~ Just for Laughs ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6OOCk7GdWNYXX
LOL! I took 7 minutes of my morning for that- and it was worth it!
I need some Beerguard for my pickup seats!
Ron is funny. Out of the three of them, I think I like Larry the Cable Guy best though.
Christmas is coming, I'll have to find my Cable Guy CD with Grandma got runned over by a reindeer.(I try to not play it too much, maybe I'd better wait until Dec?)
Thanks for helping me start my day off with a smile, you have a good rest of your day too.
And, be nice in the stores, you troublemaker.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22131 Oct 30, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I took 7 minutes of my morning for that- and it was worth it!
I need some Beerguard for my pickup seats!
Ron is funny. Out of the three of them, I think I like Larry the Cable Guy best though.
Christmas is coming, I'll have to find my Cable Guy CD with Grandma got runned over by a reindeer.(I try to not play it too much, maybe I'd better wait until Dec?)
Thanks for helping me start my day off with a smile, you have a good rest of your day too.
And, be nice in the stores, you troublemaker.
Hi Fishman! Why wait for Christmas, there's Christmas all over now ... we listen to Christmas music Monday nights as we do our craft making for the church bazaar coming up ... I'm still working on the same craft I started 4 weeks ago, a picture frame probaby 2X3 ... I'm not really good at it but all I have to do is finish the kickstand in the back so the pic will stand up and I didn't go Monday night so it didn't get finished ... Not to crafty with the hands, more so with the brain and athleticism ... the brain part statement is even scary, LOL ... Don't do crowds very well so shopping online is easier so I try not to be too much of a troublemaker either, heh!

I thought of you when I saw this video ... maybe you can relate if you don't stand up in the canoe, lol

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/post/it...

Have a nice afternoon ... FC <3 ...

6668 ... 3 of a kind >>SPLASH<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22132 Oct 30, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I love Ron White!
me, too!

Look at the trailer for Bad@zz Grandpa ... hysterical ... Going to go watch it tomorrow ...

http://m.themoviehouse.com/

4777 ... bet it's a good movie ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22133 Oct 30, 2013
*****BOOK REVIEW*****
Never Go Back by Lee Child ... it was alright ... a little slower reading than I'm used to by this great writer ... This time around Jack Reacher was the hunted ... which is why it surprised me the book moved so slow ... IDK maybe it was me but it was, in the end, a good read ...

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#22134 Oct 30, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min CJ Rocker 162,693
News 'It feels weird asking everybody for permission... 7 min mitt s santorum s... 72
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min messianic114 163,627
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 17 min Mechanic 4,516
Word Association. (Nov '10) 19 min Mega Monster 17,426
Impossible brand and product combinations (Jan '12) 20 min Mechanic 545
News Poop Raining From Sky Ruins Girl's Sweet 16 28 min Mechanic 8
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 31 min harleyhoney 40,614
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Papa Smurfaletto 11,329
More from around the web