For Dear FlowerChild

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#22085 Oct 28, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Good morning Flower. Seems AGES since I've had a chance to set down at the computer and post. Hope you've been keeping well. Trying to get things squared away so I can start the holiday cleaning. <eye roll> I guess it keep me out of trouble and off the streets. LOL
<Waves>
Morning Hites!

How are you?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22086 Oct 28, 2013
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Flower, never heard that one,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =j-IkE5TtO2UXX
Keep On Rocking Me Baby ,...
Love Steve Miller ... thanks for playing ... Good day ...

You won't be lonely when its over ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

1526 ... your 4 of a kind gets my 6 high ... I fold like a diaper

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22087 Oct 28, 2013
Hey Its Emma wrote:
My day was nice, FC. have fun reading your new book.,<3
Good morning sweet Emma ... I did get some reading in ... Hope your weekend was enjoyable & your Monday is off to a great start ... Enjoy it >>smiles and hugs<< FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22088 Oct 28, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
The big chill is here, Flower, good cup of coffee and ready to get down to some serious writing in my favorite time of year...
Morning, Will ... IDK if I responded to your latest recording but I LOVE the percussion I think Patricia is responsible for and IDK if Jack does the lead guitar on that last song but by the time you get to the lyris "west to east" he nails it on lead ... love it ... I like the song, the arrangement and way to go on the recording ... I suspect you've filed recording rights or whatever yall do to nail it and call it your own? Doogone it if I can remember the name of the song ... Now, I'm going to have to find it, LOL ... >>think airhead ... points at self, ha!<<

Enjoy your day and catch you around the corner ... Peace, Love & Understanding ... FC <3 ...

9552 ... pair of 5's ... fold like a lawn chair at a tail-gate part

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22089 Oct 28, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
YO Chick...Mark that calendar.. For the Halloween Haunted House Tour...next to the Corn Maze..YAY!!
GM CC ... IF there is a Game 7 of the World Series it will fall on 10/31//13 Halloween night ... that night has been reserved for the finale of the 2013 World Series so I have to pass ... Have fun just the same and have a good day ...

1381 ... fold like a scarf

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22090 Oct 28, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the song.
Sounds like you had a good weekend. I did too. The water was flat this morning and we caught some fish. Had to use oars though, long story.
Have a nice week (if you're reading this on Monday morning).
Good morning Fishman ... Glad to hear you had a good weekend and yes, I did as well ... Driver's window was making a scraping kind of noise which was initially diagnosed as bad motor ... estimated cost,$441, I said nope, new car ... Call back, window off track $151, I said nope, new car ... "With the UT Longhorn discount it'll be this much" ... With the inflection of my voice I said, "What part of this conversation do you not understand. May I speak to your superior" then I hear, "yes, Ms FlowerChild, your vehicle is ready to be picked up" ... Duh!

Sometimes I think people see a sign on my forehead that reads, "Stoopid" LOL ... but they just see a girl ...

Okay, now Fishman! you said "oars" ... I say, front end of the boat, not knowing what kind of boat you have, I'm thinking "TROLLING MOTOR" ... Got one?... I love trolling on fresh water ... surprising how many fish you can catch that way ... still salt water is my favorite ...

BILLY CURRINGTON ~ PEOPLE ARE CRAZY ...

The lei's on the old man's grave are cool, the lyrics are special ... the water in the background make me wish I was there ... Enjoy your day ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22091 Oct 28, 2013
Voyeur wrote:
Q: What do young ghouls write their homework in?
A: Exorcise books!
Q: What does a ghost put on his cereal in the morning?
A: Boonanas and Booberries!
Q: What does a little ghost call his mother and father?
A: His trans&#8208;parents!
Q: What fairy tale do all little girl ghosts like best?
A: Sleeping Boo&#8208;ty!
Q: What is a ghost’s favorite party game?
A: Hide&#8208;and&#8208;g o&#8208;shriek!
Q: What is one room a ghost’s house doesn’t need?
A: A living room!
Q: What kind of street does a ghost like best?
A: One with a dead end!
Q: What rides do ghosts like best at the amusement park?
A: The Scream roller ghoster!
Q: When does a ghost have breakfast?
A: In the moaning!
Q: Where do small ghosts go during the night when their parents are out scare people?
A: All nightscare centers!
Q: Where do fashionable ghosts shop for new high quality sheets?
A: At their favorite boo&#8208;tiques.
Q: Where do ghosts buy their household items?
A: At the ghost&#8208;ery store.
Q: Where do ghosts live?
A: In a terror&#8208;tory!
Q: Where does Sitting Bull’s ghost live?
A: In a creepy teepee!
Q: Who speaks at the ghosts’ press conference?
A: The spooksperson!
Q: Who did the ghost go with to the Halloween party?
A: With No&#8208;Body that had a body!
Q: Why did the doctor tell the ghost to go on a diet?
A: So she could keep floating higher off the ground.
Q: Why did the ghost go to the doctor?
A: To get a Booster shot!
Q: What do you call a roomful of baby ghosts?
A: A bunch of boo&#8208;boos.
Q: What do the ghosts of dead gingerbread men wear?
A: Cookie sheets!
Q: What did the guard at the haunted house say?
A: Halt! Who ghost there?
Q: What do ghosts do when they’re in hospital?
A: They talk about their apparitions!
Q: What day of the week do ghosts look forward to?
A: Moanday!
Q: What did the ghost bride throw to her bridesmaids?
A: Her boo&#8208;quet!
Q: What do ghosts mail home while on vacation?
A: Spooky ghostcards.
Q: What do ghosts say when something is really neat?
A: Ghoul! Really ghoul!
Q: What’s a ghosts favorite Broadway play?
A: Phantom of the opera!
Q: What kind of makeup do ghosts wear?
A: Mas&#8208;scare&#8208; a!
Q: What kind of ghosts haunt operating theatres?
A: Surgical spirits!
Q: What keeps ghost happy?
A: The knowledge that every shroud has a silver lining!
Q: What happened when the ghosts went on strike?
A: A skeleton staff took over!
Q: What do you have to take to become a coroner?
A: A stiff exam!
Q: What do you call a ghost who was born in a house fire?
A: A toasty ghosty!
Q: What do you call a torn sheet ghost?
A: A holy terror!
Q: What do little ghosts drink?
A: Hot evaporated milk!
Q: What do you call a ghost that likes to boast?
A: The boastful ghost!
Q: What did the ghost have a helium balloon tied to it?
A: It was a cripple ghost!
Q: Why to ghosts feel so light?
A: They are low in fat!
Q: What type of food do ghosts eat?
A: Fat free!
Q: Why was the ghost so bright?
A: He was using a sheet of gold leaf!
Q: Why do ghosts hate Halloween?
A: All the kids think they are other kids!
Q: Why did the ghost have a beef with the zombie?
A: The zombie stole his body!
Q: What number do kid ghost call in an emergencies?
A: Boo-boo-boo!
Q: Why did the vampire think the ghost was drunk?
A: It kept crashing into walls!
Q: Why does the ghost ship never sink?
A: It floats in the air!
Good morning, Voyeur ... Donkey very funny today ... Give FC new material to work with ... Thank you much Donkey >grins< ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22092 Oct 28, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Good morning Flower. Seems AGES since I've had a chance to set down at the computer and post. Hope you've been keeping well. Trying to get things squared away so I can start the holiday cleaning. <eye roll> I guess it keep me out of trouble and off the streets. LOL
<Waves>
Good morning, Princess ... this is a very busy time of year for you and I know it so don't fret ... I had a very lovely weekend and things are well for me ... My calendar is completely clear this week except my help is coming Thursday morning 0830 to clean house and I have company coming in Friday so perfect timing ... that means time to hit the gym without interruption, yay ... playtime with the pups, read & hopefully watch STL get on top of Boston tonight ...

Have a beautiful day and TTYS! Love, FC <3 ...

3306 ... full house for you in the future holiday season ...

Hearts hugs and happiness

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#22093 Oct 28, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Fishman ... Glad to hear you had a good weekend and yes, I did as well ... Driver's window was making a scraping kind of noise which was initially diagnosed as bad motor ... estimated cost,$441, I said nope, new car ... Call back, window off track $151, I said nope, new car ... "With the UT Longhorn discount it'll be this much" ... With the inflection of my voice I said, "What part of this conversation do you not understand. May I speak to your superior" then I hear, "yes, Ms FlowerChild, your vehicle is ready to be picked up" ... Duh!
Sometimes I think people see a sign on my forehead that reads, "Stoopid" LOL ... but they just see a girl ...
Okay, now Fishman! you said "oars" ... I say, front end of the boat, not knowing what kind of boat you have, I'm thinking "TROLLING MOTOR" ... Got one?... I love trolling on fresh water ... surprising how many fish you can catch that way ... still salt water is my favorite ...
BILLY CURRINGTON ~ PEOPLE ARE CRAZY ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PKpQRjj_WbUXX
The lei's on the old man's grave are cool, the lyrics are special ... the water in the background make me wish I was there ... Enjoy your day ...
lol I have some electric window stories. We are trying to get the wife a new car, and she wanted roll up windows, but you can't hardly find them anymore. The harbor master down there got a BIG inheritance and it included an old Rolls Royce. The electric window broke, it looks funny to see a Rolls with plastic duct taped over the window. She told me how much it would be to fix, but I forget how much now, probably have to ship it to Oahu too. lol
My son and I were carrying the 15hp long shaft 4 stroke Honda (weighs about 115 pounds!)and the top came off and the top end fell first and hit the cement and broke the 'pulley cam'(timing cam). Not blaming anyone....... Usually keep that engine in the bigger boat for a spare,'kicker'.
I love that song! I think I said, I made a CD that I call my 'country drinking CD', it has that song, which is one of my favorites. It makes me cry sometimes now though. I don't want to bring you down with that story. That CD starts with this one-
Billy Currington, Drinkin' Beer
(I can't decide if I like Billy or Trace Adkins more?)
I hope your car business all worked out. Oh, boy, I have some car dealer stories too! lol

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22094 Oct 28, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I have some electric window stories. We are trying to get the wife a new car, and she wanted roll up windows, but you can't hardly find them anymore. The harbor master down there got a BIG inheritance and it included an old Rolls Royce. The electric window broke, it looks funny to see a Rolls with plastic duct taped over the window. She told me how much it would be to fix, but I forget how much now, probably have to ship it to Oahu too. lol
My son and I were carrying the 15hp long shaft 4 stroke Honda (weighs about 115 pounds!)and the top came off and the top end fell first and hit the cement and broke the 'pulley cam'(timing cam). Not blaming anyone....... Usually keep that engine in the bigger boat for a spare,'kicker'.
I love that song! I think I said, I made a CD that I call my 'country drinking CD', it has that song, which is one of my favorites. It makes me cry sometimes now though. I don't want to bring you down with that story. That CD starts with this one-
Billy Currington, Drinkin' Beer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XtMy5IBmX7EXX
(I can't decide if I like Billy or Trace Adkins more?)
I hope your car business all worked out. Oh, boy, I have some car dealer stories too! lol
I think the harbormaster would remember it would cost A LOT of money to repair the broken window on a Rolls Royce ... I had a Cadillac once and it was expensive to repair ANYTHING on it ... much less a Rolls Royce ... that's why the Harbormaster has duct tape on the window ... Duct tape comes in different colors now, did she at least match it up to the color of the Roll Royce, LOL ...

One thing I can tell you about boats, DON'T MESS WITH the LOWER UNIT ... leave that to the mechanic ... IDK how many people try to work on their boats themselves which is all nice, inexpensive and groovy but leave the lower unit to the professionals ... My late husband taught me that ... he liked to tinker around for boats ... I sent him to school to get his degree ... what did he do with that degree ... He was the pup sitter ... He'd work maybe 3 or 6 months a year (Union) and take off the rest of the year but he made A Lot of money during that time in order to sustain the time he took off ... I didn't care as long as he he took care of the pups, in the boat, to the lake, everyday for hours ... sometimes alone or with friends ...

One day he and I were with the pups (3) in the boat ... we picked up Paul's pups, Augie and Biscuit ... so there were 2 adults and 5 pups in the boat ... People were staring, waving and smiling at us ... Dennis hollered out some onlookers "DOGS DAY OUT" ... they cracked up laughing ... I suppose neither one of having 2 legged kids, it was important that we make sure our 4 legged kids were VERY protected ... that might sound crazy to people but I don't care, lol :)....

I do prefer Billy Currington over Trace Adkins, though ...

Tate Stevens won last years X-Factor ... Here's a great rendition of Little Big Town's "Pontoon" ... Great song, great visual. ie., video ... and it's fun, too! Enjoy <3 ...

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#22095 Oct 28, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the harbormaster would remember it would cost A LOT of money to repair the broken window on a Rolls Royce ... I had a Cadillac once and it was expensive to repair ANYTHING on it ... much less a Rolls Royce ... that's why the Harbormaster has duct tape on the window ... Duct tape comes in different colors now, did she at least match it up to the color of the Roll Royce, LOL ...
One thing I can tell you about boats, DON'T MESS WITH the LOWER UNIT ... leave that to the mechanic ... IDK how many people try to work on their boats themselves which is all nice, inexpensive and groovy but leave the lower unit to the professionals ... My late husband taught me that ... he liked to tinker around for boats ... I sent him to school to get his degree ... what did he do with that degree ... He was the pup sitter ... He'd work maybe 3 or 6 months a year (Union) and take off the rest of the year but he made A Lot of money during that time in order to sustain the time he took off ... I didn't care as long as he he took care of the pups, in the boat, to the lake, everyday for hours ... sometimes alone or with friends ...
One day he and I were with the pups (3) in the boat ... we picked up Paul's pups, Augie and Biscuit ... so there were 2 adults and 5 pups in the boat ... People were staring, waving and smiling at us ... Dennis hollered out some onlookers "DOGS DAY OUT" ... they cracked up laughing ... I suppose neither one of having 2 legged kids, it was important that we make sure our 4 legged kids were VERY protected ... that might sound crazy to people but I don't care, lol :)....
I do prefer Billy Currington over Trace Adkins, though ...
Tate Stevens won last years X-Factor ... Here's a great rendition of Little Big Town's "Pontoon" ... Great song, great visual. ie., video ... and it's fun, too! Enjoy <3 ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RC4GJV2SFkAXX
I'll have to add that song to the list for my new CD!
The harbor master was lucky, the car was silver. lol
That sounds like a lot of dogs in a boat? I used to take my son out in the ocean when he was 2 on Guam, he liked it then. After about 3 he wouldn't go, was scared I think, then, he started again about 8.
Yeah, I don't touch the gears and shims in the lower units. Your life is at risk out there in the ocean. I did put new 4:88's in the differentials on the jeep- and it still works. So far.
This is one of my favorite songs to sing along with after a few beers (as long as nobody is listening- hopefully)-
Trace- Marry For Money

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#22096 Oct 29, 2013
Early one today,

Well tell him I was calling just to wish him well
Let me leave my number - heartbreak hotel
Oh love me tender - baby dob't be cruel
Return to sender - treat me like a fool

Calling elvis - is anybody home

Have a Sunshiney Day Flower,...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

AH-1S Cobra

#22097 Oct 29, 2013
Morning Flower and friends.
Have a great day!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#22098 Oct 29, 2013
Two holy nuns, big Sister Mary Agnes and small Sister Mary Vincent, are traveling through eastern Europe in their car, bring the word of God to Transylvania. As they were stopped at a traffic light, out of nowhere, a small vampire jumps onto the hood of the car and hisses at them through the windshield.
“Quick, quick!” shouts big Sister Mary Agnes,“What should we do?”
“Turn the windshield wipers on. That will get rid of the abomination,” says small Sister Mary Vincent. Big Sister Mary Agnes switches on the wipers, which knock the mini-Dracula around. But, the little vampire hangs on and continues hissing at the two nuns.“What shall I do now?” shouts big Sister Mary Agnes.

“Try the windshield washer. I filled it with holy water before we left the Vatican,” replies small Sister Mary Vincent.
Sister Mary Agnes turns on the windshield washer. The vampire screams as the water burns his skin, but he hangs on and continues hissing at the nuns.

“Now what?” shouts big Sister Mary Agnes.
“Show him your cross,” says small Sister Mary Vincent.
“Now you’re talking,” says big Sister Mary Agnes. She then puts down her window and shouts,“Get the hell off our car you blood sucking fool!”

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#22099 Oct 29, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Voyeur ... Donkey very funny today ... Give FC new material to work with ... Thank you much Donkey >grins< ...
Good morning FC, try not scare the kids this year like last when they ran from your porch crying, cussing and vowing never to step foot in your neighborhood again! lol

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22100 Oct 29, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to add that song to the list for my new CD!
The harbor master was lucky, the car was silver. lol
That sounds like a lot of dogs in a boat? I used to take my son out in the ocean when he was 2 on Guam, he liked it then. After about 3 he wouldn't go, was scared I think, then, he started again about 8.
Yeah, I don't touch the gears and shims in the lower units. Your life is at risk out there in the ocean. I did put new 4:88's in the differentials on the jeep- and it still works. So far.
This is one of my favorite songs to sing along with after a few beers (as long as nobody is listening- hopefully)-
Trace- Marry For Money
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kcUDqKsBgskXX
Good morning Fishman ... It's amazing how normal Trace can sound when he sings & when he speaks with a very very deep voice ... He's been on Celebrity Apprentice (The Donald) show twice and he usually has his strategy down pretty good on the game show ... Usually they play for their favorite charity & I forget what his is but he usually brings in a good chunk of change ... I believe he's been admitted to the Grand Old Opry circa 2005 ... Liked the song, it's fun & the video is too, but, why marry for money when you can get your --->

money for nothing and your chicks for free, hahahahahahahahaha

Good to c u ... thanks for stopping by & introducing me to a good tune ... yes, it's a good one to sit around the fire pit and sing along ... Enjoy your day ...

Hearts, hugs and sing-along songs ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22101 Oct 29, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning Flower and friends.
Have a great day!
Morning, Rotor ... Hope your day is a great one, too!
still in the high 80's here and high 60's for our low's ... sending warmth, love & sunshine up your way >>mwah<<

9115 ... pair of aces

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22102 Oct 29, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning FC, try not scare the kids this year like last when they ran from your porch crying, cussing and vowing never to step foot in your neighborhood again! lol
Hey bud! I've never had a trick or treater stop by my house ... The kids all know this is the house "with the dogs" ... they round the curve at the beginning of my property line and depending on which side they're on they hurriedly run UP the hill to the curve or run DOWN the hill to get past my house ... Otherwise, it's bark bark bark ... Nope, they don't stop by here >sigh< ...

Are you suggesting I change my costume and get a new broom this year, lol ...

1045 ... pair of aces high 5

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22103 Oct 29, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Two holy nuns, big Sister Mary Agnes and small Sister Mary Vincent, are traveling through eastern Europe in their car, bring the word of God to Transylvania. As they were stopped at a traffic light, out of nowhere, a small vampire jumps onto the hood of the car and hisses at them through the windshield.
“Quick, quick!” shouts big Sister Mary Agnes,“What should we do?”
“Turn the windshield wipers on. That will get rid of the abomination,” says small Sister Mary Vincent. Big Sister Mary Agnes switches on the wipers, which knock the mini-Dracula around. But, the little vampire hangs on and continues hissing at the two nuns.“What shall I do now?” shouts big Sister Mary Agnes.
“Try the windshield washer. I filled it with holy water before we left the Vatican,” replies small Sister Mary Vincent.
Sister Mary Agnes turns on the windshield washer. The vampire screams as the water burns his skin, but he hangs on and continues hissing at the nuns.
“Now what?” shouts big Sister Mary Agnes.
“Show him your cross,” says small Sister Mary Vincent.
“Now you’re talking,” says big Sister Mary Agnes. She then puts down her window and shouts,“Get the hell off our car you blood sucking fool!”
LOL ...

4072 ... pair of 7's 4 high ...

I have folded so many time's today it's like taking a bow ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#22104 Oct 29, 2013
*****BOOK REVIEW***** back in the 80's
Elvis is Dead and I Don't Feel so Good Myself written by Lewis Grizzard ... copyright 1984 ...

funny as are his other writings ... I still have it in paperback ... it's old and yellowed but still readable ... why, you ask, do I still have it? Just some books you don't get rid of ... this is just one of them ... Happy reading ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Tinka 201,418
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min Camilla 194,353
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 9 min Uncle Enzo 8,542
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 9 min Red_Forman 146,044
News Weird things are happening in financial markets... 10 min greymouser 4
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 12 min andet1987 27,474
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 12 min Princess Hey 82,355
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 16 min andet1987 32,685
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 32 min andet1987 7,828
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 38 min Uncle Enzo 58,075