For Dear FlowerChild

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21218 Jul 9, 2013
Well, I just got the call from Brenda, my best friend ... her mom passed this morning of a massive heart attack ... she was able to push the button around her neck and call lifeline to say she was having breathing difficulties ... EMS arrived but were unable to revive her ... Massive heart attack ... age 86 ... she was a lovely woman ... she and brother Mannie, sister Sue took me in as one of their own ... treated me like family ... Have so many memories at family gatherings ... made the best stuffing at Thanksgiving and the last Thanksgiving we made a list of the pinch of this and the pinch of that as she had never had it written down, it was all in her head ... she will be missed ... Goodbye Miss Birdie ... Love you ...

RIP ~ MISS BIRDIE ...

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#21219 Jul 9, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
Well, I just got the call from Brenda, my best friend ... her mom passed this morning of a massive heart attack ... she was able to push the button around her neck and call lifeline to say she was having breathing difficulties ... EMS arrived but were unable to revive her ... Massive heart attack ... age 86 ... she was a lovely woman ... she and brother Mannie, sister Sue took me in as one of their own ... treated me like family ... Have so many memories at family gatherings ... made the best stuffing at Thanksgiving and the last Thanksgiving we made a list of the pinch of this and the pinch of that as she had never had it written down, it was all in her head ... she will be missed ... Goodbye Miss Birdie ... Love you ...
RIP ~ MISS BIRDIE ...
My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family now..... God bless....

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21220 Jul 9, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family now..... God bless....
Thank you, Princess ... meeting with the funeral home in the morning for the particulars so we can proceed from there ... Thank you for your kindness ... Love, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21221 Jul 9, 2013
*****MOVIE REVIEW*****
The Conspirator ... Abe Lincoln - the story of old Abe's demise and the trial thereof ... ft James McAvoy, Robin Wright & Kevin Kline ... pretty good ... did I already give a review? IDK?... a song from the movie ...

Ray LaMontagne - Empty (lyrics)...

it's a rather sad song but I love it ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21222 Jul 9, 2013
Goodnight everyone ... Have a great evening! FC <3 ...

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#21223 Jul 10, 2013
SIXTEEN THINGS THAT IT TOOK ME OVER 50 YEARS TO LEARN ..... by Dave Barry

1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

2. A person, who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.(This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)

3. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

4.People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

5.You should not confuse your career with your life.

6.There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

7. Never lick a steak knife.

8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.

9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.

10. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.

12. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

13.If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve its full potential, that word would be "meetings."

14. Your friends love you anyway.

15. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

FINAL Thought for the day: Men are like a fine wine. They start out as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#21224 Jul 10, 2013
Good morning Flower. Just a quick fly by this AM. I need to get crackin'. <waves>

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#21225 Jul 10, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
RIP ~ MISS BIRDIE ...
FC , so sorry to hear of this. My sympathies to you and the family. Uplifting you in prayer and thought my dear. It will be a difficult few days.((hugs)) <3 - Hatti

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#21227 Jul 10, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
SIXTEEN THINGS THAT IT TOOK ME OVER 50 YEARS TO LEARN ..... by Dave Barry
1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
2. A person, who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.(This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)
3. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
4.People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
5.You should not confuse your career with your life.
6.There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
7. Never lick a steak knife.
8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
10. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.
12. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
13.If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve its full potential, that word would be "meetings."
14. Your friends love you anyway.
15. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
FINAL Thought for the day: Men are like a fine wine. They start out as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
LOL!!
Thanks for reminding me of Dave Barry!
I used to look forward to his column in the Sunday papers, the high point of my week. There are two or three of his books in a drawer somewhere here. Like-'Babies and Other Hazards of Sex'
Anytime I go to buy paint, I think about his 'off white' paint colors (depends on how much rat crap is in it!).

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#21228 Jul 10, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
*****MOVIE REVIEW*****
The Conspirator ... Abe Lincoln - the story of old Abe's demise and the trial thereof ... ft James McAvoy, Robin Wright & Kevin Kline ... pretty good ... did I already give a review? IDK?... a song from the movie ...
Ray LaMontagne - Empty (lyrics)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SY1V0Y7hscwXX
it's a rather sad song but I love it ...
Good morning Flower-Child.
Sorry to hear about your friend/practically family member passing away.
I like Ray Lamontagne. I think 'Beg Steel or Borrow' might end up being one of my favorite all-time songs.
We are in a wind advisory today, possible gusts to over 50!
See, gale warnings and Lanai is all brown?-
http://www.prh.noaa.gov/pr/hnl/
When I see that all brown, it makes me think,'oh crap' lol (seems to be the word of the day).
I'm all set to take the boat to Maui Friday, I hope the wind calms down by then!- It's supposed to.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

AH-1S Cobra

#21229 Jul 10, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
RIP ~ MISS BIRDIE ...
Awwww sorry Flower, hugs.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#21230 Jul 11, 2013
Good morning Flower and all my friends here. It was 103 yesterday in Dallas with more of the same on the way :) Keep cool and drink lots of cold beer :)

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#21232 Jul 11, 2013
Good morning Flower. Thinking of you today.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#21233 Jul 11, 2013
Hi Flower-Child.
Stopped in to see if you were here?

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

AH-1S Cobra

#21234 Jul 11, 2013
Huggles

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21235 Jul 11, 2013
Hello everyone who has stopped by during these past difficult days ... Ricky, thanks for reminding me of Dave Barry ... his writings used to crack me up ... wasn't there a show on him as well? I wan't to say there was ... it'd of been just as goofy ... I hope everyone here has been well and in good spirits ... We've been planning and finally have all the details down to the wire, ie., memorial tomorrow evening and burial Saturday morning in Houston so I'll be back on Sunday ... so yall hold the fort down ... This lady was classy, smart as a whip, quick with wit, fun, funny, claimed me as one of hew own ... she did't have 3 daugters ---> she had 4 (me) ha! That also meant I had to help with the dishes and stuff, too. lol ... We have so many memories all good ... she took care of us, we took care of her ... This lady was the perfect exambple of prim and proper ... I can't make claim to that but she sure can ... Miss her already ... I'm offline now for a few days ... yall take care, behave ... Be fair, play nice *wink*... Luvya, FC <3 ...

typed; not proofread

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21237 Jul 11, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Huggles
;)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21238 Jul 11, 2013
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Hi Flower-Child.
Stopped in to see if you were here?
:)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21239 Jul 11, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Good morning Flower. Thinking of you today.
;)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#21240 Jul 11, 2013
Early drive to Houston on a Friday ... Good night good people ... Enjoy your Friday and Enjoy your weekend ...

* Blows kisses *...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 5 min -TheExam- 38,152
conversation using song lyrics (Aug '13) 6 min zazz 2,659
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Princess Hey 220,791
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 18 min Fish_sticks 24,009
Which Poster Are You Thinking About Right Now? 18 min Princess Hey 19
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 19 min Zani Gray 2,132
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 20 min Regolith Based Li... 221,926
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Sublime1 4,623
More from around the web