|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
Obviously I need glasses... or wait for some coffee before waking and posting!
More on Bland from my friend Madeleine, which I didn't know but is no surprise:
"Bobby "Blue" Bland, RIP! He loved Gertrude "MA" Rainey." -Madeleine Davis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Rainey
Ma Rainey (April 26, 1886 – December 22, 1939)[1] was one of the earliest known American professional blues singers and one of the first generation of such singers to record.[2] She was billed as The Mother of the Blues.
Gertrude Pridgett was born on April 26, 1886 in Columbus, Georgia.[4](This can be questioned, however, as the 1900 Census listing for Pridgett shows her as being born in September, 1882.[5]) She was the second of five children of Thomas and Ella (née Allen) Pridgett, from Alabama.[4] She had at least two brothers and a sister named Malissa, with whom Gertrude was later confused in some sources.[4] She came onto the performance scene at a talent show in Columbus, Georgia when she was 12–14 years old
Ma Rainey was known for her very powerful vocal abilities, energetic disposition, majestic phrasing, and a ‘moaning’ style of singing similar to folk tradition. Though her powerful voice and disposition are not captured on her recordings (due to her recording exclusively for Paramount, which was known for worse-than-normal recording techniques and among the industry's poorest shellac quality), the other characteristics are present, and most evident on her early recordings, Bo-weevil Blues and Moonshine Blues. Ma Rainey also recorded with Louis Armstrong in addition to touring and recording with the Georgia Jazz Band. Ma Rainey continued to tour until 1935 when she retired to her hometown.
Good morning, Will ... very interesting reading material ... thanks for sharing with us ... Happy Wednesday ... enjoy your day! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Big Time wrote:
Hickory Dickory Doc, look around and play some old man,
Bunch of Music threads here,...
Hey there BT ... long time no see ... there are three streets in Kenner, LA by the airport ... they zig zag or we call it, dog leg ... they're named Hickory Dickory Doc ... We just call Will, Will, LOL ... Enjoy your day! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think I'd like Jackson as Nick Fury having grown up a fan of the comics from the 1960s, but... he made it work!
I don't think I've ever seen a bad Jackson movie ... he's a pretty good actor ... The movie he did with Geena Davis was hysterical ... the singing part especially ... I think he made up the words as he went along ... hysterical, I tell ya ... The Long Kiss Goodnight was the name of it ... Oh, geesh! Now, I'll have those songs in my head ... they aren't the prettiest words in the world, LOL ... but they do have the blues beat down, hahahahaha (guess you have to be there;)...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Kitten . Go wake up Flower and I will give you some creme :)
Good morning, Denny! Have a great day! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
good morning Flower and friends
Good morning, Princess ... Enjoy your day!...

Hearts hugs and butterflies ...

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Good morning Flower. Just been out "inspecting" the gardens. Looks like there is more peppermint to pick, and rosemary. Lots of rosemary. I got a whole mess on sale last year at walmart--end of season,$1 per plant. Not a bad price.
Anyway, hope your therapy is going well and that Jax is behaving himself.
Stay cool!
Hearts, hugs, and A/C

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Good morning Flower. Just been out "inspecting" the gardens. Looks like there is more peppermint to pick, and rosemary. Lots of rosemary. I got a whole mess on sale last year at walmart--end of season,$1 per plant. Not a bad price.
Anyway, hope your therapy is going well and that Jax is behaving himself.
Stay cool!
Hearts, hugs, and A/C
Good afternoon, Princess ... just got home from the gym ... things went well ... just riding the recumbent bike at level 1 (was at level 7 before I had the sx) only rode a mile for 10 minutes ... that's pretty good for only 2 wks post sx ... did the upper body machines and 5 minutes on the row machine ... not bad ... came home ... my helper apparently didn't show up today, oh well ... she'll be here tomorrow while I'm at p.t.... Hope your day was a good one ... now, to take my make up off and start a new book ... Have a nice evening ...

Hearts, hugs and peppermint ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

*****BOOK REVIEW*****
Run by Jack Patterson, an Alex Cross novel ... Excellent, 2 thumbs up, 5 stars, hot off the press, 2013 book ... I read it in 3 days, it was that good ... excellent writing, fast reading ... read it if you get the chance ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

So, I get my passport in the mail, right? Then a few days later I'm to get my birth certificate and other original papers ... Well, today I received my birth certificate but I didn't receive my marriage certificate showing why my last name is not the same as my birth certificate ... what a hassle ... so I call the 1-877 # and now I have to WRITE the Houston field office for the return of my marriage certificate ... OR request it from the county from which I was married which is 7 hours from here ... sure, I'll be down there in a few weeks but that is besides the point but will probably be less of a hassle ... to request it by mail from the Houston field office or just go to my hometown and just stand in line and get it in person ... Jeez ... decisions decisions ... Houston, we have a problem, LOL ...

Everyone have a nice evening ... I have a new book to read ... The Hit by David Baldacci ... looks to be a good read ...

C'iao ...

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
*****BOOK REVIEW*****
Run by Jack Patterson, an Alex Cross novel ... Excellent, 2 thumbs up, 5 stars, hot off the press, 2013 book ... I read it in 3 days, it was that good ... excellent writing, fast reading ... read it if you get the chance ...
I'm enjoying my day FC. have fun reading your new book. <3

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Will ... very interesting reading material ... thanks for sharing with us ... Happy Wednesday ... enjoy your day! FC <3 ...
Ma Rainey... the Mother of the Blues!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I've ever seen a bad Jackson movie ... he's a pretty good actor ... The movie he did with Geena Davis was hysterical ... the singing part especially ... I think he made up the words as he went along ... hysterical, I tell ya ... The Long Kiss Goodnight was the name of it ... Oh, geesh! Now, I'll have those songs in my head ... they aren't the prettiest words in the world, LOL ... but they do have the blues beat down, hahahahaha (guess you have to be there;)...
I'll have to keep an eye out for that one, sounds more interesting than most...

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Hello to all FC's friends oh and I guess to FC as well! lol

I brought coffee so fill up!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Good morning Flower... just finished my final set list for the Saturday show, and thought you might enjoy "recreating" it when you have time...

Shadowville All-Stars at Chattahoochee Harley-Davidson / Set, Song & Chord List

Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars go on the Chattahoochee Harley-Davidson pavilion stage at approximately 4:00 pm. The "Minstrels on the Block" concert show at the Harley Davidson pavilion will be Saturday, June 29th from 11:00 am - 5:00 pm.

Will Dockery (vocals)- Jack Snipe (guitar)- Brian Mallard (guitar)- Robbie Wright (bass)- Patricia Suddeth (vocals & tambourine)- Kevin Harrison / Eric Gunter (drums).

Set List:

1) Last Dream Today
Written by Dockery & Mallard:
Spoken word introduction/Vamp in Am (intro)- Am, E. "Moderately fast rock" -Jack Snipe.
http://www.reverbnation.com/shadowvilleallsta...

2) Shark Pact Manifesto
Written by Dockery & Wood:
E, G, A - D, A, C, G - F#m. "Moderate rock, but heavy." -Jack Snipe
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...

3) Baby Stop Crying (Cover song/Bob Dylan)
http://dylanchords.info/20_streetlegal/baby_s...

4) Ozone Stigmata
Written by Dockery & Conley:
C, Em, F, G - Am, Em, F, G/Stop
http://archive.org/details/OzoneStigmataByWil...

5) Gone Too Far
Written by Dockery, Mallard & Snipe:
G, D, Em; Chorus: Em7, E9
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...

6) "Wobble"
Written by Dockery & Conley:
Em, G, Fm#, B - Em7, E9 "Fastish shuffle, psychedelic." -Jack Snipe

7) Over You
Written by Dockery, Mallard & Snipe:
G, Am, C, D -ch- Em, A, C, D

8) Walk On The Wild Side/You Can't Always Get What You Want (Cover song/Lou Reed)
D, G, Em

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
So, I get my passport in the mail, right? Then a few days later I'm to get my birth certificate and other original papers ... Well, today I received my birth certificate but I didn't receive my marriage certificate showing why my last name is not the same as my birth certificate ... what a hassle ... so I call the 1-877 # and now I have to WRITE the Houston field office for the return of my marriage certificate ... OR request it from the county from which I was married which is 7 hours from here ... sure, I'll be down there in a few weeks but that is besides the point but will probably be less of a hassle ... to request it by mail from the Houston field office or just go to my hometown and just stand in line and get it in person ... Jeez ... decisions decisions ... Houston, we have a problem, LOL ...
Everyone have a nice evening ... I have a new book to read ... The Hit by David Baldacci ... looks to be a good read ...
C'iao ...
Good morning Flower. Going to be a scorcher today so stay cool

“cat lover”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

good morning everyone ( put cold nose in FC ear to wake her up) purr purr and have a great day :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

LuAnn D wrote:
good morning everyone ( put cold nose in FC ear to wake her up) purr purr and have a great day :)
Lick her ear with that rough tongue. She loves that (sound of cat being spiked)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Hey Its Emma wrote:
<quoted text>I'm enjoying my day FC. have fun reading your new book. <3
Good morning sweet Emma ... wishing you a lovely day! >>smiles and hugs<< FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Ma Rainey... the Mother of the Blues!
Good morning, Will ... she certainly has the longevity to have earned that title ... I can only go back as far as Etta James ... however, I'm sure you've done my homework for me, lol ... Enjoy your day! Stay cool and hydrated, too! Peace and Love ~ FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to keep an eye out for that one, sounds more interesting than most...
yep, his singing and the words, especially, will make you laugh ... he's so nonchalant about it, too >grins<

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

124 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min CJ Rocker 141,303
I Like..... 23 min Petal Power 53
do not.................. (Nov '13) 26 min Petal Power 181
The N-word: 28 min Petal Power 6
What Just Happened??? 30 min Petal Power 11
The long list of thing I'll never do (Jul '13) 34 min Petal Power 240
*The No Nookie Club* (Dec '13) 37 min Petal Power 17
Car Dealer Gives Woman Refund - in Pennies 40 min Stuart Varney 5
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TenderTink 34,946