Vincit qui se vincit

#20466 May 7, 2013
Good morning Flowertiers! lol

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#20467 May 7, 2013
Have you ever wondered why our great grandparents all had such fond memories of their youth?

Well... I'm surprised they remembered anything at all !!!

Forget Tums & Tylenol. Forget Aleve & Benedryl.

Look at the cool stuff they had back then!

A bottle of Bayer's 'Heroin'.

Between 1890 and 1910 heroin was sold as a non-addictive substitute for morphine.
It was also used to treat children suffering with a strong cough.

Coca Wine, anyone?

Metcalf's Coca Wine was one of a huge variety of wines with cocaine on the market. Everybody used to say that it would make you happy and it would also work as a medicinal treatment.

Mariani Wine.

Mariani wine (1875) was the most famous Coca wine of its time. Pope Leo XIII used to carry one bottle with him all the time. He awarded Angelo Mariani (the producer) with a Vatican gold medal.

Maltine.

Produced by the Maltine Manufacturing Company of New York . It was suggested that you should take a full glass with or after every meal. Children should only take half a glass.

A paperweight:

A paperweight promoting C.F. Boehringer & Soehne ( Mannheim , Germany ). They were proud of being the biggest producers in the world of products containing Quinine and Cocaine.

Opium for Asthma:

At 40% alcohol plus 3 grams of opium per tablet, it didn't cure you... But you didn't care!

Cocaine Tablets (1900).

All stage actors, singers, teachers and preachers had to have them for a maximum performance. Great to 'smooth' the voice.

Cocaine drops for toothache.

Very popular for children in 1885. Not only did they relieve the pain, they made the children very happy!

Opium for newborns.

I'm sure this would make them sleep well.(not only the Opium, but also the 46% alcohol)

It's no wonder they were called, "The Good Old Days".
From cradle to grave... Everyone was STONED!

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#20468 May 7, 2013
GOOD MORNING FC!! Boy I've been busy cleaning, painting and all that fun stuff one does before they put their house on the market. It's been very healing to get rid of the dust and straighten up things.

I'm taking it easy today. It's a Stevie kinda morning.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

AH-1S Cobra

#20469 May 7, 2013
Good morning Flower and friends.
WHOO WHO! Got a B+ on my thermodynamics research paper.

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#20470 May 7, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Congrats

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

AH-1S Cobra

#20471 May 7, 2013
Thanks HL.

“cat lover”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#20472 May 7, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
way to go RH and have a great day everyone :)

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#20473 May 7, 2013
Good morning Flower and friends. Here's hoping you guys have a great day......

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#20474 May 7, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Iron Man was and remains one of the most surprisingly well done of the Marvel heroes into movies, Downey does just bring Tony Stark to vivid life.
Really looking forward to the new Star Trek here...
Good morning, Will ... No one, in my mind, could play Tony Stark like Robert Downey, Jr ... The movie ended with Iron Girl as Gwynyth Paltrow so it leaves my mind as to whether there will be an Iron Man 4 ... Goodness ... but I love the Marvel series ...

I'm anxious for the Lone Ranger to hit the big screen ... Johnny Depp playing Tonto ... that should be a scream, LOL ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#20475 May 7, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, this collection is my favorite, it combines mostly the best of the two records, and it rides with me playing where ever I go, expanding meanings and sounds with every listen.
"I wonder... Wonder, I do."
I "hear" you and I "hear" different words and meanings every time I hear the soundtrack to the DVD ... Don't you just love the bass to the beginning of "I Wonder" ... I can hear it now ... Oh, great ... now it's stuck in my head the rest of the day ... You enabler you, LOL ... Have a great day, Will! Peace Love and Music ~ FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#20476 May 7, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
The movie was a well-deserved Oscar winner!
Why yes, yes it was! Those who haven't seen it cannot relate to what we are talking about ... The movie, in itself, is what makes this man, IMHO, a hero ... He was to South Africa to what Elvis was to America ... I suppose is the only way, musically and popularity the best way to describe him ... That's my take and I think the best way the movie described him ... Just am so glad those guys in the movie pursued him ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#20477 May 7, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Good morning Flowertiers! lol
Good morning, Ricky!... You already got me laughing with my joke emails ... That's a good thing ... Going to Marble Falls to get my passport today ... Road trip planned for the first of June ... Hope your day is a good one, bud ... Enjoy it! Luvya, FC <3 ...

6546 ... pair of 6's ... not much so I'll pass

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#20478 May 7, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
GOOD MORNING FC!! Boy I've been busy cleaning, painting and all that fun stuff one does before they put their house on the market. It's been very healing to get rid of the dust and straighten up things.
I'm taking it easy today. It's a Stevie kinda morning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ix3inTQps20XX
Good morning, Daz ... Well, you know what George Carlin said about stuff, lol ... If you haven't used it in a year, it's time to throw it out, put it in a garage sale or donate it to Purple Hearts who will, I think, will come and collect it from your home ... I don't do Goodwill because most of their salary goes to upper management ... They claim to give jobs to rehabilitating people but then the pay them minimum wage ... so how does that help the workers who work their arses off? Don't get me started ... Anyway, hope things are working out well and coming along ... Wish I was there to help you out but I'm there in spirit! Carry on my friend, carry on! Take it easy, pace yourself and have a beautiful day! >hugs< FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#20479 May 7, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Good morning, Rotor ... That is wonderful, CONGRATS! And for that you get a double ---> >mwah< ... Seriously, it took a lot of researching and work ... Kudos to you ... Luvya big, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#20480 May 7, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats
... Ditty what H'Lo said ...

Good morning, H'Lo ... Have a great day! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#20481 May 7, 2013
^^^^ Ditto ^^^^

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#20482 May 7, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
<quoted text>way to go RH and have a great day everyone :)
Good morning, Kitten ... Wishing you the best of days as well ... Hope all is good on the home front! Have fun! >hugs< FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#20483 May 7, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Good morning Flower and friends. Here's hoping you guys have a great day......
Good morning, Princess ... A beautiful morning, already 68, clear and sunny ... to be in the 80's again today ... A day to take Jax to the lake but first to DPS to get my passport ... already have the mug from Walgreens, LOL ...

Hope your day is beautiful, enjoy it! Love, FC ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#20484 May 7, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Iron Man was and remains one of the most surprisingly well done of the Marvel heroes into movies, Downey does just bring Tony Stark to vivid life.
Really looking forward to the new Star Trek here...
The new Star Trek is not too far in the distant future and it would be best seen on the big screen too Will ... I'll be there for the early bird special, lol ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#20486 May 7, 2013
"I think if it wasn't for the Blues, there wouldn't be no jazz.- T-Bone Walker ~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 min Ricky F 33,646
Word association (Jun '07) 1 min xxxooxxx 5,447
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min _Zoey_ 61,403
News Smoking rates in England are the lowest on record 2 min Christsharian Col... 88
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 3 min xxxooxxx 14,504
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 4 min Spirit67_ 1,352
News Your Life Story In 6 Words (Feb '08) 4 min Sparky 10,244
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min xxxooxxx 200,753
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 17 min Spirit67_ 408
2words into 2new words (May '12) 42 min Old Sam 5,041
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 51 min Grace Nerissa 9,093
More from around the web