Can Married Women Be Friends With Single Men?

Created by Friendship on Jan 30, 2012

457 votes

Click on an option to vote

Sure! Why Not?!!!

No! It's Wrong!

Not Sure!

Just Friends And Nothing More!!

“On The Wings Of A Dove ”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Two Hearts In Love

#3092 May 26, 2014
yes

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#3093 May 26, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be taken more seriously if you did not resort to insults and disrespect. If you can't take the time to read the links you requested then you really can't question the facts they present.
I think it is you that can't stand that someone is not marching to your tune. But that is my opinion.
1.Don't know why it matters whether some internet posters take me seriously.
2. I said I'm reading the articles as I have time. Don't worry, friend, I'll keep you posted.
3. I've made it succinctly clear that I don't expect aonnyone to "march to my tune."
Your opinion has been duly noted. Thanks and have an enjoyable day.

My point is, which you agreed with just a few post back, is, to each her/his own. Everyone gets to do what is best for them. Apparently, you didn't mean it.
Mechanic

Pelican, LA

#3094 May 26, 2014
Can Married Women Be Friends With Single Men?

It depends on your definition of "Friends"!!

Level 1

Atrisco Village

#3095 May 26, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Give it up! You lost and you know it. There are many sites by behavioral experts that disagree with you and next to none that agree with you about . All your ranting won't change anything. Time to stop defending the indefensible on your part. I will repeat, Your position is indefensible. I am simply calling a spade a spade and you are calling it something else, your rants notwithstanding.
The fact remains that,like me, many many people have wonderful, trusting friendships with people of the opposite sex. Pops, stop projecting. It is you, as usual who are ranting. Go lecture someone who cares what you think. I'll repeat once again, sigh...you do what you want and others will do what they want. Mind your own business is the best business, dad.

“Have mercy”

Level 3

Since: May 13

On a liar's soul

#3096 May 26, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text> When one considers your tactics emplyed in the past on Topix, you are hardly qualified to offer moral guidance to her.
Considering that you have believed many lies about me shows an abundance of poor judgment.
Your opinion doesn't matter.
Facts are that she is a liar and will continue to agree with you and stroke your ego.
You are kinda the holier then thou type, trust me, she is not. She's a user.
Enjoy her shallow friendship.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#3098 May 26, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>1.Don't know why it matters whether some internet posters take me seriously.
2. I said I'm reading the articles as I have time. Don't worry, friend, I'll keep you posted.
3. I've made it succinctly clear that I don't expect aonnyone to "march to my tune."
Your opinion has been duly noted. Thanks and have an enjoyable day.
My point is, which you agreed with just a few post back, is, to each her/his own. Everyone gets to do what is best for them. Apparently, you didn't mean it.
No I did not agree with you, I simply said yes to each their own. No one is calling you names for your opinion, or the hidden insults, attempt at sarcasm. etc. Don't use it on me it won't work. Too old for high school games, and your attempt to twist what I say to suit your purpose...lol! Okay!

Thanks and have a nice day!

Location hidden

#3099 May 26, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text> When one considers your tactics emplyed in the past on Topix, you are hardly qualified to offer moral guidance to her.
You have shown to be a good friend FLB! Thanks.

“Barefoot Summer”

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#3100 May 26, 2014
Well of course they can! I mean the veiled question is obviously "can a married woman be friends with a single man without having sex with him?" And if that's the concern, then the marriage has more problems to begin with. Basically if a married woman wants to have extramarital sex, whether just for recreation because she's not getting what she needs at home, or for an outside romance (again, because she's not getting what she needs at home) then having a rule against friendships with other men isn't going to stop anything. So yes, of course a married woman can be friends with a single man, and vice versa. It would be a cold day in Hades when a husband could tell me who I can and cannot be friends with! LOL

Location hidden

#3101 May 26, 2014
Jenji wrote:
Well of course they can! I mean the veiled question is obviously "can a married woman be friends with a single man without having sex with him?" And if that's the concern, then the marriage has more problems to begin with. Basically if a married woman wants to have extramarital sex, whether just for recreation because she's not getting what she needs at home, or for an outside romance (again, because she's not getting what she needs at home) then having a rule against friendships with other men isn't going to stop anything. So yes, of course a married woman can be friends with a single man, and vice versa. It would be a cold day in Hades when a husband could tell me who I can and cannot be friends with! LOL
I don't think anyone said it was rule. Nor did I see anyone saying they could not be friends, husband or a wife. In our marriage it is just how we respect each other, if anyone else wants to do otherwise, their choice. It works for us not too, but then again we are each others best friend, and do everything together. But rarely does it work out well, even if intentions were platonic to begin with. I have seen this happen with many people.
But I will say yes, if a person is going to cheat, they will. Like locks they only keep the honest out.

“Have mercy”

Level 3

On a liar's soul

#3102 May 26, 2014
who are you wrote:
<quoted text>She's a liar because you, your multiple avatars and other trolls say so. Urine idiot.
No tail wipe, she's a liar because she sticks her foot in her mouth often enough and lies so often it should make her tongue black.
Believe what you will, you would be another gray box who hides, lol. At least my profiles are known and I don't hide behind anyone or anything.

Good luck with that moral code you have, lol.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#3103 May 26, 2014
Bad Bex wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that you have believed many lies about me shows an abundance of poor judgment.
Your opinion doesn't matter.
Facts are that she is a liar and will continue to agree with you and stroke your ego.
You are kinda the holier then thou type, trust me, she is not. She's a user.
Enjoy her shallow friendship.
I have witnessed your handiwork enough that I don't need to listen to others opinions of you. He who is without sin, cast the first stone. Don't try to pull the wool over my eyes. It won't work.

Location hidden

#3104 May 26, 2014
Also in relationships where a couple does not "hang out" with single friends of opposite sex, it has nothing to do with demanding that or making it a rule, or it's a matter of distrust, it is a matter of respect and knowing it does not work. If it is what both couples agree on then there is no demanding of anything.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#3105 May 26, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
Also in relationships where a couple does not "hang out" with single friends of opposite sex, it has nothing to do with demanding that or making it a rule, or it's a matter of distrust, it is a matter of respect and knowing it does not work. If it is what both couples agree on then there is no demanding of anything.
I agree! If one has the proper respect for one's spouse, one will never put oneself in a position that would make one' spouse uncomfortable. Anybody who demands the unconditional right to spend an inordinate amount of time with or cross certain lines short of or including adultery with opposite sex friends shouldn't be married in the first place. I will never tell anybody they should never have opposite sex friends as long as they can be friends in a responsible manner which shows respect to one's spouse.. I will not attempt to define what is ok and what isn't. I will only suggest that one google and read the results from the following: "married people opposite sex friends" My opposite sex friends know I am married and that I will never behave in any manner that would be morally improper or disrespectful to their respective spouses. Any opposite sex friend who becomes too dependent on me or acts in a manner disrespectful to my wife is subject to summary delisting as a friend.

“Have mercy”

Level 3

On a liar's soul

#3106 May 26, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I have witnessed your handiwork enough that I don't need to listen to others opinions of you. He who is without sin, cast the first stone. Don't try to pull the wool over my eyes. It won't work.
And please don't use your Christian BS on me, worst hypocrites of all.
Then tell me you have read every post she has made to me and others .... obviously you can't. You would be stunned and amazed at her wishing death on an unborn child. And plenty of witnesses who saw the post before it was yanked
If I was so inclined, I could pull up some other hideous post, but frankly you have made up your mind and I therefore won't waste my time. You have yourself a wonderful night and remember how the devil hides behind false faces, lol.

“Have mercy”

Level 3

On a liar's soul

#3107 May 26, 2014
Of course women and men can be just friends. It as to do with your inner self, not physical.
If you cannot, then obviously you have the problem.
lol

Location hidden

#3108 May 26, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I agree! If one has the proper respect for one's spouse, one will never put oneself in a position that would make one' spouse uncomfortable. Anybody who demands the unconditional right to spend an inordinate amount of time with or cross certain lines short of or including adultery with opposite sex friends shouldn't be married in the first place. I will never tell anybody they should never have opposite sex friends as long as they can be friends in a responsible manner which shows respect to one's spouse.. I will not attempt to define what is ok and what isn't. I will only suggest that one google and read the results from the following: "married people opposite sex friends" My opposite sex friends know I am married and that I will never behave in any manner that would be morally improper or disrespectful to their respective spouses. Any opposite sex friend who becomes too dependent on me or acts in a manner disrespectful to my wife is subject to summary delisting as a friend.
Very well put FLB. I would do the same, and I have.
razz58

Flossmoor, IL

#3109 May 26, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I agree! If one has the proper respect for one's spouse, one will never put oneself in a position that would make one' spouse uncomfortable. Anybody who demands the unconditional right to spend an inordinate amount of time with or cross certain lines short of or including adultery with opposite sex friends shouldn't be married in the first place. I will never tell anybody they should never have opposite sex friends as long as they can be friends in a responsible manner which shows respect to one's spouse.. I will not attempt to define what is ok and what isn't. I will only suggest that one google and read the results from the following: "married people opposite sex friends" My opposite sex friends know I am married and that I will never behave in any manner that would be morally improper or disrespectful to their respective spouses. Any opposite sex friend who becomes too dependent on me or acts in a manner disrespectful to my wife is subject to summary delisting as a friend.
'It would be a cold day in Hades when a husband could tell me who I can and cannot be friends with!'

' If one has the proper respect for one's spouse, one will never put oneself in a position that would make one's spouse uncomfortable.'

Well..........there you have it.
razz58

Flossmoor, IL

#3110 May 26, 2014
HEY ICON DEMON PIECE OF SHyT!!
I posted at midnight and you were here.
For Christ sake Is it auto pilot or are you really on 24 /7
GET A FCUKEN LIFE!!!!
nailed it

Flossmoor, IL

#3111 May 26, 2014
' If one has the proper respect for one's spouse, one will never put oneself in a position that would make one's spouse uncomfortable.'

Way to go!!!

So few words end up saying so much.

Level 1

Atrisco Village

#3115 May 26, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
No I did not agree with you, I simply said yes to each their own. No one is calling you names for your opinion, or the hidden insults, attempt at sarcasm. etc. Don't use it on me it won't work. Too old for high school games, and your attempt to twist what I say to suit your purpose...lol! Okay!
Thanks and have a nice day!
It seems there has been some misinterpretation of my posts.
If you took offense at my properly written remarks, I apologize. Yes, I can be a bit tongue - in-cheek, which some folks may not recognize. Sarcasm? Yup, like most lively posters, it is peppered in my remarks, here and there. However, insults aren't present in my posts, unless one considers any retort or disagreement to one's narrow view to be an insult. In that case, one must educate oneself in the nuances of discourse. You may not like what I write, and I support your right to critique my comments. I'll allow you the last word on this particular conversation; I noticed that it's something for which you have an affection. Have a lovely night, friend..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 1 min liam cul8r 24,113
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Tom2Tone 147,043
What Could Roll,...? 3 min Mister_ E 10
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min deutscher Nationa... 116,630
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 10 min ms_Sweeter 3,374
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 19 min eleanorigby 36,449
I Like..... (Mar '14) 20 min AmyFaith 301
What's your tip for the day? 21 min AmyFaith 1,034
Stolen Jaguar Found 46 Years Later 44 min Paris Hilton 2
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 51 min Mike Meyers 20,098