Can Married Women Be Friends With Sin...

Can Married Women Be Friends With Single Men?

Created by Friendship on Jan 30, 2012

479 votes

Click on an option to vote

Sure! Why Not?!!!

No! It's Wrong!

Not Sure!

Just Friends And Nothing More!!

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#3070 May 24, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Honey, you made the statement. I don't need to do anything but ask you to back up your claim. You can't produce one legitimate document? It's ridiculous to claim that you have evidence from experts and then expect others to find it. Yeah, okay, dear.
I already posted three links in the past. Your lame excuses will not change the fact that I have been unable to find a site where a behavioral expert has said that there is no difference between a same sex and opposite sex friendship. The reason you won't take my challenge is because you know you will find what you don't want to hear. Obviously, you lost this one as you have not been able to produce a single link that backs you up.Just in case you missed it, I will repost links that back me up. If you like, I will post additional links.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi81...
http://firstthings.org/are-opposite-sex-frien...
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/men...

“Never underestimate a witch ..”

Level 3

Since: May 13

It might be your undoing ....

#3071 May 24, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
naive or just don't care. I tend to think both, they don't care about anyone but themselves. Selfish so the type that would cheat, given the opportunity.
Hysterical hypocrite, lol.
You use to post that it was fun to flirt with men just to anger wives. And you use to sunbathe in the front yard and all the husbands would drool.
You also mentioned that the X's new gal was all jealous of you, lol.

This is better then a movie, hahahaha! Tell another whooper!

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3072 May 24, 2014
Bad Bex wrote:
<quoted text>
Hysterical hypocrite, lol.
You use to post that it was fun to flirt with men just to anger wives. And you use to sunbathe in the front yard and all the husbands would drool.
You also mentioned that the X's new gal was all jealous of you, lol.
This is better then a movie, hahahaha! Tell another whooper!
I would have hoped the war between you and Harley Honey would be over by now. Personally, I don't want to have problems with you as two of your main adversaries from the past Ferrerman and Geno are long gone from Topix. If I have become an ally of Harley Honey, you can thank the one who created graybox impersonations of her and once I figured out they were fake, I fought back along side of her against those who were either responsible or sympathetic to those responsible. I don't want to have problems with you and I certainly am not going to hang around Topix if the bloodshed should resume in all of its gory splendor. I did take a vacation from Topix because I was sick of all the nonsense and if it stars up again, I will likely do the same again

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3074 May 24, 2014
I don't need Topix as desperately as you do. Obviously, you are somebody I have dueled with in the past and not somebody who just started posting here. Somehow, I suspect my adversaries are a few trying to look like a crowd.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3075 May 24, 2014
The above post was directed to Maxine.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3077 May 24, 2014
Your welcome!

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#3078 May 24, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I don't discourage my wife from having friends and an occasional girl's night out as most of her time is at home and not with her friends. I also have my Barbershop Chorus rehearsals once a week which means I get out on occasion as well. We both know better than to allow friends to meddle. I do have some opposite sex friends, but you will never catch me flirting with them or meeting privately with them. I also will not post anything on the internet to another woman that my wife would be uncomfortable with. Above all, I would never want to do anything that might be disrespectful to a female friend's husband.
I have been looking over the internet for sites dealing with married people having opposite sex friends. I have seen at least 15 of them and not a single one of them says that opposite sex friends are no different from same sex friends. Yet there are those who are still deep in denial about it.
My husband is gone a week and home a week, so we spend all the time we can together, with family as well.
Also you do not have to prove anything to anyone FLB, or provide links, but you did, shows you did your homework and have nothing to hide. For one to yammer on when you have only shows no matter what you say it will be wrong because that is the way they want to see things.

Thanks. Have a good night.

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#3079 May 24, 2014
Disclaimer. I know I am already swimming in well treaded waters.

I have always had more or as many female friends as male.
Don't really know why, Never have a lot of "girl" friends but always had plenty of friends that were Girls.
I was married for many yrs. & it didn't really change then either,in fact if anything, had to learn to back off a bit with a few,so she had her own friends.
Don't have a lg. group of close friends right now. although I am active in several groups that are all female :),we spend enough time together periodically that it does seem to make a few husband & wives nervous :)
I worked closely with quite a few women in tight quarters for several yrs also so the conversation got interesting.:)
I wasn't always the best looking guy or on the top popularity list:) so maybe I was that "safe" friend lol which was & is still true ,I simply really didn't want in their pants first :)
I don't like & never have made it habit to be a situation like that with a female with a "boy" friend though. especially if that boy friend was my friend first. very dangerous situation.
I do know IF people that are living together are not comfortable enough with each other to let each other have have friends no matter the sex,they need to watch doctor Phil or something.
Co habitation should not be carried out with people who don't have a deep understanding of themselves & know what their spouses limits are as well as their own.
As a single male I can't say a lot . Rick

Location hidden

#3080 May 24, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
I don't need Topix as desperately as you do. Obviously, you are somebody I have dueled with in the past and not somebody who just started posting here. Somehow, I suspect my adversaries are a few trying to look like a crowd.
You should have said..."is that all you got"?..loll!

Tehee Candor

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#3081 May 25, 2014
I'm rather embarrassed that I don't believe I actually paid close attention to the title of this one. It's about WOMEN only???

I think I'll change my position in this .. I know how easily it is to become attracted to those that paid us attention we aren't accustomed to. When it feels like Love and 'our' emotions get stirred up .. NO.

It's too easy to be judged and misunderstood, but just as easy to make mistakes we can't take back and we know with our divorce rate these days that is a fact.

Heck, even the Evangelical Priest is now divorcing his husband so .. their equality will equal exactly what the heterosexual has been .. in decline for all these decades upon decades if not centuries.

Is it any wonder God is building hell larger? Or so them Fundies would have us believe. Sorry for straying a bit off topic there. I know how well that goes over when 'some' of 'us' do THAT. Haha

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3082 May 25, 2014
Tehee Candor wrote:
I'm rather embarrassed that I don't believe I actually paid close attention to the title of this one. It's about WOMEN only???
I think I'll change my position in this .. I know how easily it is to become attracted to those that paid us attention we aren't accustomed to. When it feels like Love and 'our' emotions get stirred up .. NO.
It's too easy to be judged and misunderstood, but just as easy to make mistakes we can't take back and we know with our divorce rate these days that is a fact.
Heck, even the Evangelical Priest is now divorcing his husband so .. their equality will equal exactly what the heterosexual has been .. in decline for all these decades upon decades if not centuries.
Is it any wonder God is building hell larger? Or so them Fundies would have us believe. Sorry for straying a bit off topic there. I know how well that goes over when 'some' of 'us' do THAT. Haha
In all Candor hell is not getting bigger just more crowded :)

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3083 May 25, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I already posted three links in the past. Your lame excuses will not change the fact that I have been unable to find a site where a behavioral expert has said that there is no difference between a same sex and opposite sex friendship. The reason you won't take my challenge is because you know you will find what you don't want to hear. Obviously, you lost this one as you have not been able to produce a single link that backs you up.Just in case you missed it, I will repost links that back me up. If you like, I will post additional links.
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi81...
http://firstthings.org/are-opposite-sex-frien...
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/men...
Gee, I'm sorry I didn't see your links somewhere lost in the thread. See, I work for a living and have a busy life. Can't read every post, every day. Relax. Thanks for the links. I'll read over the articles when I have time.
Btw, what challenge are you talking about? You can't be a challenge to me. Why would you want to be? I've simply said that we should all just do what we want, live as we want, and keep our noses out of other people's business. Why do you care how other people conduct their personal relationships? See, pops, I don't have to back anything up, because I don't expect anyone to conform to my view. That seems to be your vocation. You can't stand that other people don't always march to your personal moral mantra. Tsk, tsk, oh, well.

Location hidden

#3084 May 25, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, I'm sorry I didn't see your links somewhere lost in the thread. See, I work for a living and have a busy life. Can't read every post, every day. Relax. Thanks for the links. I'll read over the articles when I have time.
Btw, what challenge are you talking about? You can't be a challenge to me. Why would you want to be? I've simply said that we should all just do what we want, live as we want, and keep our noses out of other people's business. Why do you care how other people conduct their personal relationships? See, pops, I don't have to back anything up, because I don't expect anyone to conform to my view. That seems to be your vocation. You can't stand that other people don't always march to your personal moral mantra. Tsk, tsk, oh, well.
You could be taken more seriously if you did not resort to insults and disrespect. If you can't take the time to read the links you requested then you really can't question the facts they present.
I think it is you that can't stand that someone is not marching to your tune. But that is my opinion.

Location hidden

#3085 May 25, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>In all Candor hell is not getting bigger just more crowded :)
Funny thing I have been to Hell, Grand Caymans and it is beautiful, so if that is hell I have no problem in going. LOL!

“Never underestimate a witch ..”

Level 3

Since: May 13

It might be your undoing ....

#3087 May 25, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I would have hoped the war between you and Harley Honey would be over by now. Personally, I don't want to have problems with you as two of your main adversaries from the past Ferrerman and Geno are long gone from Topix. If I have become an ally of Harley Honey, you can thank the one who created graybox impersonations of her and once I figured out they were fake, I fought back along side of her against those who were either responsible or sympathetic to those responsible. I don't want to have problems with you and I certainly am not going to hang around Topix if the bloodshed should resume in all of its gory splendor. I did take a vacation from Topix because I was sick of all the nonsense and if it stars up again, I will likely do the same again
My post didn't involve you, blood shed, lol, seriously?
I care not who sides with the old liar, just shows poor judgment on their part.
When she spews BS, I'm calling her out on it. She's a liar and a bad one at that.
She's found a meal ticket now, no more bed hopping until this one sees the light, lol.

Enjoy the day ....

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3088 May 25, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, I'm sorry I didn't see your links somewhere lost in the thread. See, I work for a living and have a busy life. Can't read every post, every day. Relax. Thanks for the links. I'll read over the articles when I have time.
Give it up! You lost and you know it. There are many sites by behavioral experts that disagree with you and next to none that agree with you about . All your ranting won't change anything. Time to stop defending the indefensible on your part. I will repeat, Your position is indefensible. I am simply calling a spade a spade and you are calling it something else, your rants notwithstanding.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3089 May 25, 2014
Bad Bex wrote:
<quoted text>
My post didn't involve you, blood shed, lol, seriously?
I care not who sides with the old liar, just shows poor judgment on their part.
When she spews BS, I'm calling her out on it. She's a liar and a bad one at that.
She's found a meal ticket now, no more bed hopping until this one sees the light, lol.
Enjoy the day ....
When one considers your tactics emplyed in the past on Topix, you are hardly qualified to offer moral guidance to her.

Location hidden

#3090 May 25, 2014
Suffice it to say FLB we made our point and our opinion on this, and how we live it in our lives, relationships, and what works for us, and what the stats say on the topic etc. We are not the only ones that know it does not work obviously. I would say this topic is dead when it becomes a battle ground for off topic trolls. Personally I have no time for it, and far too happy and well adjusted in life to bother.
Have a good night amigo!
razz58

Flossmoor, IL

#3091 May 25, 2014

“Want A Friend, Be One..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Here Today,Gone Tomorrow..

#3092 May 26, 2014
yes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word association (Jun '07) 3 min rainmaker2016 6,706
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 44 min Mister_ E 2,146
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 45 min F_R_E_D 76,679
True False Game (Jun '11) 52 min SweLL GirL 15,109
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 56 min SweLL GirL 36,950
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 56 min Mister_ E 220,814
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 57 min SweLL GirL 17,033
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 5 hr Ohio Sam aka SNAF... 4,631
More from around the web