Can Married Women Be Friends With Sin...

Can Married Women Be Friends With Single Men?

Created by Friendship on Jan 30, 2012

478 votes

Click on an option to vote

Sure! Why Not?!!!

No! It's Wrong!

Not Sure!

Just Friends And Nothing More!!

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#3049 May 22, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Somehow, it appears a troll or two is still lurking around under a different identity and I would suspect they are being contrary just for the sake of being contrary. fi they don't like what we have to say, that is their problem and not ours.
Hello, I hadn't seen your responses either, but it appears I hit the mark on what you said.
As for that/some folks just aren't very creative and I like how you handled it .. there is a possibility they were oblivious TNL. Hope you are well.

Peace to you and yours.:)

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#3050 May 23, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>That is nothing but hyperbole to play the can't trust oneself card. With opposite sex friendships, there are factors coming in to play that don't exist in a same sex friendship.. The concept of a friend is a friend has its limitations as I would consider it inappropriate for married people to meet together if one or both spouses weren't present Perhaps that sounds a little old fashioned, but I just don't buy into some of the more extreme elements of political correctness.
I am not saying people can't have opposite sex friends in their lives. What I am saying is that a married person with opposite sex friends needs to be much more careful than with a same sex friendship. You will never see me engaging in any flirtatious behavior with my female friends. BTW, a little bit of flirting is playing with fire as the flirting process enhances one;s sex appeal to the opposite sex and that can lead to problems. Agree with me or not, there are certain things that should be off limits for discussion between opposite sex friends when one or both are married.
Like I said, to each her/his own. Your opinion of how other people conduct their lives is irrelevant to them, just as their opinions of how you live is irrelevant to you. We all get to live as we see fit, as long as no laws are broken. It's a beautiful thing.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#3051 May 23, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>That is nothing but hyperbole to play the can't trust oneself card. With opposite sex friendships, there are factors coming in to play that don't exist in a same sex friendship.. The concept of a friend is a friend has its limitations as I would consider it inappropriate for married people to meet together if one or both spouses weren't present Perhaps that sounds a little old fashioned, but I just don't buy into some of the more extreme elements of political correctness.
I am not saying people can't have opposite sex friends in their lives. What I am saying is that a married person with opposite sex friends needs to be much more careful than with a same sex friendship. You will never see me engaging in any flirtatious behavior with my female friends. BTW, a little bit of flirting is playing with fire as the flirting process enhances one;s sex appeal to the opposite sex and that can lead to problems. Agree with me or not, there are certain things that should be off limits for discussion between opposite sex friends when one or both are married.
I totally agree with you FLB. Call me old fashioned if one wants, I don't care. Also it is called experienced in life, and seen many times that this does not work.. married people friends with single people.. even if both (married couple) are present, or not.

Location hidden

#3052 May 23, 2014
Tehee Candor wrote:
Hello,
<quoted text>
I posted from first page so I didn't see responses in this one yet.
It's true .. society makes it quite a challenge at times and I guess there
are certain things I won't do with them .. like meet up alone.
Roommate .. dang, I've treated a couple of men so well they fell for me,
but that wasn't my intention when I cooked a meal up now and again.
One time a man got pretty pizzy with me when I spent late nights visiting
another platonic friend. None of his business, but he made it ugly until
I was forced to move out immediately.
We are not possessions and I'll not be treated as such. Hmmm, might
be why I never married. Haha
That and I didn't want a man that needed drugs or a drink or a dozen every day.:O
Good post, and Hello to you too.
I won't be owned by anyone either. But it is my choice and husbands or our way not to meet with single friends of opposite sex, unless we are both present. Have always been this way, so is has nothing to do with possessiveness..just not comfortable with it. Good thing we both feel this way..

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#3053 May 23, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, to each her/his own. Your opinion of how other people conduct their lives is irrelevant to them, just as their opinions of how you live is irrelevant to you. We all get to live as we see fit, as long as no laws are broken. It's a beautiful thing.
I don't intend to make the mistakes I made in the past by carrying on a protracted argument with a point by point rebuttal of all you say. It should suffice to say that the vast majority of the behavioral experts would not agree with you.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3054 May 23, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you FLB. Call me old fashioned if one wants, I don't care. Also it is called experienced in life, and seen many times that this does not work.. married people friends with single people.. even if both (married couple) are present, or not.
A odmany affairs have resulted from situations where people never intended for it to happen in an opposite sex friendship. Once the sparks start to fly, it can be very hard to back off. Anybody who thinks that opposite sex friends are absolutely no different from same sex friends is very naive.

“Studying the Human Conditon”

Since: Jan 14

Appling, GA, USA

#3055 May 23, 2014
This is to all the folks who have written things like, "I won't be owned." or other such tripe. If one does not care about hurting the feelings of one's spouse or "significant other", then one doesn't care about them at all! Being committed to someone takes work and requires an understanding of their emotional make-up. I'm not saying one must be a doormat or toilet paper, but if one finds oneself in a dead end relationship, get the hell out. Just try not to hurt them on the way.

“Studying the Human Conditon”

Since: Jan 14

Appling, GA, USA

#3056 May 23, 2014
Metal Crotch wrote:
<quoted text>
So the answer is yes?
lol..
"YEE-HAW," said Brokeback Mountain.
(Man, no sense of humor.)

Location hidden

#3057 May 23, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>A odmany affairs have resulted from situations where people never intended for it to happen in an opposite sex friendship. Once the sparks start to fly, it can be very hard to back off. Anybody who thinks that opposite sex friends are absolutely no different from same sex friends is very naive.
naive or just don't care. I tend to think both, they don't care about anyone but themselves. Selfish so the type that would cheat, given the opportunity.

“get u sum”

Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3058 May 23, 2014
they can be friends with benefits. thats the kind i like

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3059 May 23, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text> ld never tell anybody who is married that they couldn't have opposite sex friends as long as one is careful and avoids such things as discussing marital problems with the opposite sex friend and flirting among other things. I will share three links about the subject.
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi81...
http://firstthings.org/are-opposite-sex-frien...
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/men...
These are three different articles by three different authors that can be real eye openers I learned a few shocking facts myself from these links.
Idid read each of these and are good to know....

I have to say these things also happens with married couple been friends with another married couple....We have to know who we can be friends with and who we can't..Point Blump!!...We are all people(human) and we need to know what we want and what is right for us....Yes we all have difference of opinion and we have to answer what each of us does....I have to say I've had female friends and what I seen I didn't like or want so I ended that friendship...It wasn't anything as some thinks like they are coming onto me...It was just things...I get along better with my male friends...There is a lot I can't put on here but..it's not what some people thinks..I can tell you that...

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3060 May 23, 2014
honeymylove wrote:
<quoted text>Idid read each of these and are good to know....
I have to say these things also happens with married couple been friends with another married couple....We have to know who we can be friends with and who we can't..Point Blump!!...We are all people(human) and we need to know what we want and what is right for us....Yes we all have difference of opinion and we have to answer what each of us does....I have to say I've had female friends and what I seen I didn't like or want so I ended that friendship...It wasn't anything as some thinks like they are coming onto me...It was just things...I get along better with my male friends...There is a lot I can't put on here but..it's not what some people thinks..I can tell you that...
I try to avoid being alone with an opposite sex friend no matter how long I have known her. Even if nothing happens, there is still the possibility that people will gossip about things that never happened. I have personally had knowledge of situations where somebody meeting harmlessly with a member of the opposite sex got mercilessly gossiped about. Anyway, I respect my wife enough that I would never act inappropriately around another woman, besides which, my wife would hand my head to me if I ever did.

Level 1

Atrisco Village

#3061 May 24, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I don't intend to make the mistakes I made in the past by carrying on a protracted argument with a point by point rebuttal of all you say. It should suffice to say that the vast majority of the behavioral experts would not agree with you.
Sorry, it doesn't suffice. Please, prove that "the vast majority of the behavioral experts" would not agree with me. You make a statement like that as fact, you must be prepared to back it up. Otherwise, it's just your opinion.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3063 May 24, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, it doesn't suffice. Please, prove that "the vast majority of the behavioral experts" would not agree with me. You make a statement like that as fact, you must be prepared to back it up. Otherwise, it's just your opinion.
I will allow the Google search engine to do that. I will also listen to experts before I will listen to you. All you need to do is Google something to this effect and read all the links: married people opposite sex friends.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3064 May 24, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, it doesn't suffice. Please, prove that "the vast majority of the behavioral experts" would not agree with me. You make a statement like that as fact, you must be prepared to back it up. Otherwise, it's just your opinion.
I just Googles what I suggested you Google and the first 10 sites I got as results, Two were opinion forums or blogs and the other eight were by experts and all of them advised caution when having opposite sex friends. Click on the link and see for yourself.//www.google.com/sear ch?q=married+people+opposite+s ex+friends&ie=utf-8&oe =utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mo zilla:en-US:official&clien t=firefox-a&channel=np &source=hp#channel=np& q=married+people+opposite+sex+ friends&rls=org.mozilla:en -US:official
Need I say more?

Level 1

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3065 May 24, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I just Googles what I suggested you Google and the first 10 sites I got as results, Two were opinion forums or blogs and the other eight were by experts and all of them advised caution when having opposite sex friends. Click on the link and see for yourself.//www.google.com/sear ch?q=married+people+opposite+s ex+friends&ie=utf-8&oe =utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mo zilla:en-US:official&clien t=firefox-a&channel=np &source=hp#channel=np& q=married+people+opposite+sex+ friends&rls=org.mozilla:en -US:official
Need I say more?
Yes please do

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3066 May 24, 2014
The link doesn't work, but it doesn't change the fact that if you Google "married people opposite sex friends " that the overwhelming majority of the results will say caution must be applied. Out of courtesy to my wife and my opposite sex friend's spouses, I observe certain restrictions on such friendships. I also watch same sex friends who want more of my time than I should expect my wife to have to share with them. They can sometimes become too demanding of my time that should be spent with my wife. If same sex friends become a liability to my marriage, tha friendships are subject to be scaled back.

Location hidden

#3067 May 24, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
The link doesn't work, but it doesn't change the fact that if you Google "married people opposite sex friends " that the overwhelming majority of the results will say caution must be applied. Out of courtesy to my wife and my opposite sex friend's spouses, I observe certain restrictions on such friendships. I also watch same sex friends who want more of my time than I should expect my wife to have to share with them. They can sometimes become too demanding of my time that should be spent with my wife. If same sex friends become a liability to my marriage, tha friendships are subject to be scaled back.
Your a good husband FLB, your wife obviously deserves this respect that you give, and more than likely get in return. I agree with you about the same sex friends as well, when it comes to women I have seen women interfere in each others relationship to the point where they destroyed them, nix to the silly broads who allowed this to happen as well. My husband is more important to me than my friends, I don't need a girls night out, or any of that bullshit, my husband is my best friend, and I, his. He too, would not allow his friends to manipulate his time from me. If I was with a man who did this to me,,, he could hit the road, let his friends do for him as I do then...lol!
As for those trying to condone or excuse themselves on here FLB, it is done out of guilt and selfishness. I don't care how modern the world has become in relationships, friendships etc.. some things do not change, and chemistry between men and women are one of them.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3068 May 24, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a good husband FLB, your wife obviously deserves this respect that you give, and more than likely get in return. I agree with you about the same sex friends as well, when it comes to women I have seen women interfere in each others relationship to the point where they destroyed them, nix to the silly broads who allowed this to happen as well. My husband is more important to me than my friends, I don't need a girls night out, or any of that bullshit, my husband is my best friend, and I, his. He too, would not allow his friends to manipulate his time from me. If I was with a man who did this to me,,, he could hit the road, let his friends do for him as I do then...lol!
As for those trying to condone or excuse themselves on here FLB, it is done out of guilt and selfishness. I don't care how modern the world has become in relationships, friendships etc.. some things do not change, and chemistry between men and women are one of them.
I don't discourage my wife from having friends and an occasional girl's night out as most of her time is at home and not with her friends. I also have my Barbershop Chorus rehearsals once a week which means I get out on occasion as well. We both know better than to allow friends to meddle. I do have some opposite sex friends, but you will never catch me flirting with them or meeting privately with them. I also will not post anything on the internet to another woman that my wife would be uncomfortable with. Above all, I would never want to do anything that might be disrespectful to a female friend's husband.

I have been looking over the internet for sites dealing with married people having opposite sex friends. I have seen at least 15 of them and not a single one of them says that opposite sex friends are no different from same sex friends. Yet there are those who are still deep in denial about it.

Level 1

Atrisco Village

#3069 May 24, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I will allow the Google search engine to do that. I will also listen to experts before I will listen to you. All you need to do is Google something to this effect and read all the links: married people opposite sex friends.
Honey, you made the statement. I don't need to do anything but ask you to back up your claim. You can't produce one legitimate document? It's ridiculous to claim that you have evidence from experts and then expect others to find it. Yeah, okay, dear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 2 min Spirit67_ 8,736
News New Hampshire pulls bartending guides for sexua... 2 min Parden Pard 2
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 2 min DILF 25,858
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 3 min DILF 12,566
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 5 min DILF 2,575
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 5 min Spirit67_ 7,395
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 6 min DILF 9,792
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 min oddie 44,008
name my cat 55 min DILF 59
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr gracefallen 169,653