Can Married Women Be Friends With Sin...

Can Married Women Be Friends With Single Men?

Created by Friendship on Jan 30, 2012

479 votes

Click on an option to vote

Sure! Why Not?!!!

No! It's Wrong!

Not Sure!

Just Friends And Nothing More!!

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#3029 May 19, 2014
razz58 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly
If it was a childhood friend........who has'nt been around in a while........wow
But.........How do you define friend?
It really depends on the circumstances.
From work?.....forget it
Neighbor?
ROTF!
I have seen people in this spot, or choice, and it does not work. Roommates of the opposite sex etc. Never works.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3030 May 19, 2014
We shouldn't let what people think keep us from having friends.....we know what is or isn't going on......there will always be those you don't want you to be happy and will start anything about you..We each have to answer for what we do...No one is gonna pick my friends for me..If the ones I am friends with wants to listen to lies and unfriend me then they weren't my friend in the beginning..Too bad for them..for they lost a friend for sure.

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3031 May 19, 2014
honeymylove wrote:
We shouldn't let what people think keep us from having friends.....we know what is or isn't going on......there will always be those you don't want you to be happy and will start anything about you..We each have to answer for what we do...No one is gonna pick my friends for me..If the ones I am friends with wants to listen to lies and unfriend me then they weren't my friend in the beginning..Too bad for them..for they lost a friend for sure.
Folks like that are to be ignored. There are people who live in little boxes and want everyone else to live just like they do. They don't approve of something and expect others to conform to their view. If they can't have friendships with people of the opposite sex, fine, but, obviously, there are tons of who can.
razz58

Flossmoor, IL

#3032 May 20, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen people in this spot, or choice, and it does not work. Roommates of the opposite sex etc. Never works.
Why would a single man want a married woman as a friend when there are so many single/divorced women out there to choose from?

Same goes for that friendly single lady with the hour glass figure who just loves to sunbathe in front of your husband when you're not home.

You are less apt to contact an STD from a married spouse.

“I'm a”

Since: May 14

Smitten Kitten

#3033 May 20, 2014
No way. If a man even thinks about talking to a woman its a sin. I haven't talked to my wife in thirty years.

Location hidden

#3034 May 20, 2014
razz58 wrote:
<quoted text> Why would a single man want a married woman as a friend when there are so many single/divorced women out there to choose from?
Same goes for that friendly single lady with the hour glass figure who just loves to sunbathe in front of your husband when you're not home.
You are less apt to contact an STD from a married spouse.
Guess it is a good thing my husband doesn't have to look out his window..because he has what he likes at home.

Location hidden

#3035 May 20, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> Folks like that are to be ignored. There are people who live in little boxes and want everyone else to live just like they do. They don't approve of something and expect others to conform to their view. If they can't have friendships with people of the opposite sex, fine, but, obviously, there are tons of who can.
Personally I don't care what anyone says. Like the old frump on here who seems to think she can dictate to others on age appropriate clothing..etc. Or long hair is for the young, and when a woman is older she should have it short..lol!
For me it is a personal issue, or choice from being in a committed relationship. It would not work for our way.

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3036 May 20, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I don't care what anyone says. Like the old frump on here who seems to think she can dictate to others on age appropriate clothing..etc. Or long hair is for the young, and when a woman is older she should have it short..lol!
For me it is a personal issue, or choice from being in a committed relationship. It would not work for our way.
To each her/his own.

Location hidden

#3037 May 20, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>To each her/his own.
!!!

As we both said!!!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#3038 May 20, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived with two guys for 5 years with no problems.
We were all at work all the time though and never saw each other that much.

Location hidden

#3039 May 20, 2014
Just TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be why it worked...lol!
Ami in Miami

United States

#3040 May 20, 2014
Women can be anything they want.

Chastity Sun Bono kinda' proved that.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#3041 May 22, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If some people don't value the relationships in their lives, that's their problem. I guess those particular people can't trust themselves. That's sad.
That is nothing but hyperbole to play the can't trust oneself card. With opposite sex friendships, there are factors coming in to play that don't exist in a same sex friendship.. The concept of a friend is a friend has its limitations as I would consider it inappropriate for married people to meet together if one or both spouses weren't present Perhaps that sounds a little old fashioned, but I just don't buy into some of the more extreme elements of political correctness.

I am not saying people can't have opposite sex friends in their lives. What I am saying is that a married person with opposite sex friends needs to be much more careful than with a same sex friendship. You will never see me engaging in any flirtatious behavior with my female friends. BTW, a little bit of flirting is playing with fire as the flirting process enhances one;s sex appeal to the opposite sex and that can lead to problems. Agree with me or not, there are certain things that should be off limits for discussion between opposite sex friends when one or both are married.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3042 May 22, 2014
Just TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually, it doesn't. As another poster suggested, the fact that you had so little time to be together could well have been the reason it was the exception rather than the rule.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3043 May 22, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess it is a good thing my husband doesn't have to look out his window..because he has what he likes at home.
I am glad to hear that. In my case, my wife would hand my head to me if she ever caught me flirting with a member of the opposite sex. If I ever did flirt behind her back, that would be very disrespectful of me toward her.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3044 May 22, 2014
US Fatcat Owner wrote:
No way. If a man even thinks about talking to a woman its a sin. I haven't talked to my wife in thirty years.
I feel sorry for you if that is true, and you are not just trying to blow a lot of smoke. And just for the record, US Fatcat owner and I are totally different entities. My cat may be bad, but he is still fit and trim in his senior years much like his owner who is a senior citizen who still is at an ideal weight for his height. BTW, the Bible standard is not to look upon a woman with lust and not merely speaking to one. It is OK to speak, but wrong to lust after or flirt with.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3045 May 22, 2014
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow, it appears a troll or two is still lurking around under a different identity and I would suspect they are being contrary just for the sake of being contrary. fi they don't like what we have to say, that is their problem and not ours.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#3046 May 22, 2014
honeymylove wrote:
ld never tell anybody who is married that they couldn't have opposite sex friends as long as one is careful and avoids such things as discussing marital problems with the opposite sex friend and flirting among other things. I will share three links about the subject.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi81...

http://firstthings.org/are-opposite-sex-frien...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/men...

These are three different articles by three different authors that can be real eye openers I learned a few shocking facts myself from these links.

Tehee Candor

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#3047 May 22, 2014
Heck,.. as long as there is no lust involved, why not?

I've always told my men they will not get away with dictating to me who I may and may not be friends with and that includes their ex-wife, if she's not the biotch he says she is.:O

Tehee Candor

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#3048 May 22, 2014
Hello,
AHarleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted from first page so I didn't see responses in this one yet.
It's true .. society makes it quite a challenge at times and I guess there
are certain things I won't do with them .. like meet up alone.

Roommate .. dang, I've treated a couple of men so well they fell for me,
but that wasn't my intention when I cooked a meal up now and again.
One time a man got pretty pizzy with me when I spent late nights visiting
another platonic friend. None of his business, but he made it ugly until
I was forced to move out immediately.

We are not possessions and I'll not be treated as such. Hmmm, might
be why I never married. Haha
That and I didn't want a man that needed drugs or a drink or a dozen every day.:O

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 4 min Poppyann 26,241
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 6 min Poppyann 5,849
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 7 min Poppyann 12,793
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 8 min Poppyann 15,299
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 8 min Poppyann 37,110
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min THE LONE WORKER 216,836
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 11 min Princess Hey 1,689
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 14 min streetglidehoney 1,499
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 14 min Poppyann 10,633
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 22 min Rockin Holidays 67,224