created by: Friendship | Jan 30, 2012

Weird

457 votes

Can Married Women Be Friends With Single Men?

Click on an option to vote

• Sure! Why Not?!!!
  • No! It's Wrong!
  • Not Sure!
  • Just Friends And Nothing More!!

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#2986 Aug 24, 2013
^^ That sounds a bit naive but 16 years with him... I can read him like a book... or so I'd like to believe. If he was lying I'm sure I'd catch him. He's not very good at it and he really has no reason to lie. I'm a pretty open person and if he wanted someone else, I'd probably say go ahead. Grass ain't always greener.

“here for fun”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#2987 Aug 24, 2013
ShadyBits wrote:
^^ That sounds a bit naive but 16 years with him... I can read him like a book... or so I'd like to believe. If he was lying I'm sure I'd catch him. He's not very good at it and he really has no reason to lie. I'm a pretty open person and if he wanted someone else, I'd probably say go ahead. Grass ain't always greener.
well i am happy for you and glad you have it like that not everybody does

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2988 Aug 24, 2013
All of my very best friends are guys. I just never have had but two close female friends that lasted overtime without them being shady to me. Wouldnt trade my guys for anyone but what makes it work is we never crossed that line, just friends. but single or married I am alway friends with their gf or wife's too.

“here for fun”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#2989 Aug 24, 2013
Lylah wrote:
All of my very best friends are guys. I just never have had but two close female friends that lasted overtime without them being shady to me. Wouldnt trade my guys for anyone but what makes it work is we never crossed that line, just friends. but single or married I am alway friends with their gf or wife's too.
good deal there Lylah and you are a great one and stay good girl

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#2990 Aug 24, 2013
ShadyBits wrote:
<quoted text>I think I can follow the "rules" and still be friends with whomever I choose and should not have to worry about overstepping boundaries. If I felt I needed to cheat (whether physically or emotionally) I would just leave my spouse. It would not be fair to either of us if one of us was not 100% committed. That being said, being that I was raised by my father, had almost only male friends growing up I find it hard to relate to women as I don't really feel I have much in common with them other than body parts... sorry, I feel more comfortable in the company of men and that's why most of my friends are men. It's the package I come in, take it or leave it. I don't need some website to tell me how I should live my life. I've made it this far just fine thank you very much.
The experts gave very sound advice. If you don't want to heed it, that's your choice. With the high rate of marriage failures going on, I would think it wise not to disregard sound advice.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#2991 Aug 24, 2013
Lylah wrote:
Just to be on the safe side, I would recommend that you explore these links:

http://www.hitchedmag.com/article.php...
http://firstthings.org/are-opposite-sex-frien...
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
http://foundationrestoration.org/2012/07/the-...

I really believe that these links offer very sound advice that could one day save a marriage. I, personally would never be able to have a very close platonic friendship with a member of the opposite sex as my interests generally run contrary to that of the average woman. I find very few women who are interested in the things I am interested in and what most women are interested in doesn't interest me. I do have some internet friends of the opposite gender and I avoid any type of cyberflirting with them, period. I don't talk to the women any differently than I do to the men and I will never send a PM that I would not want to hide from my wife. I also have same gender internet friends. You will never see me making a personal one on one visit to a member of the opposite sex unless it involves something to the effect of doing some repairs to her property or some other item that I am qualified to perform which she can't, and then I would only stay long enough to get the job done and would leave promptly after finishing the job. I definitely try to avoid getting too close to anybody of the opposite gender in deference to my wife.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#2992 Apr 20, 2014
honeymylove wrote:
All depends on the people...
sticking with my earlier answer...All depends on the people..

Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#2993 Apr 20, 2014
I have very mixed feelings on this. I do think it is a possibility but for many it isn't a good idea. In my situation, my husband wouldn't like it so I wouldn't do it, but I do think there are very rare cases where it happens and they are just friends. The one time I ever tried to befriend a single guy he started in on how much of a jerk he thought my husband was and it became very apparent he thought he had a chance at replacing him. So for me personally, I don't have nor do I want to be fiends with single guys, but I don't think that my opinion on it is necessarily the right opinion for everyone. I guess to each their own and if both spouses are okay with the situation it's between them and not to be worried about by others. My friends are all girls and married men some of whom I am friends with their wives too, some of whom I'm more friends with the husband. And some I met through my husband, some I met on my own. I agree with hml, though depends on the people involved.

Level 1

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2994 Apr 21, 2014
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
I have very mixed feelings on this. I do think it is a possibility but for many it isn't a good idea. In my situation, my husband wouldn't like it so I wouldn't do it, but I do think there are very rare cases where it happens and they are just friends. The one time I ever tried to befriend a single guy he started in on how much of a jerk he thought my husband was and it became very apparent he thought he had a chance at replacing him. So for me personally, I don't have nor do I want to be fiends with single guys, but I don't think that my opinion on it is necessarily the right opinion for everyone. I guess to each their own and if both spouses are okay with the situation it's between them and not to be worried about by others. My friends are all girls and married men some of whom I am friends with their wives too, some of whom I'm more friends with the husband. And some I met through my husband, some I met on my own. I agree with hml, though depends on the people involved.
You doing what best fits you and makes you happy is good. But anyone can have undesired ulterior motives

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#2995 Apr 21, 2014
Never had a problem with it. Some of my best friends--and longest friendships are guys.

“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2996 Apr 21, 2014
well, many women become friends with their
consultants and doctors.. And colleagues in
The workplace

I don't see any harm in having male -
as well as- female friends.

Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#2997 Apr 21, 2014
gsdtrainer757 wrote:
<quoted text>
You doing what best fits you and makes you happy is good. But anyone can have undesired ulterior motives
That is true. I don't think one way is right or one way is wrong. I think it depends on the people and perhaps I just haven't met any single guys and clicked with them as friends. Some of my husband's friends are single and we get along just fine, we just don't hang out alone. It's not a matter of not trusting them or myself, we just don't have much in common I guess. In all honesty, of all my friends...my dearest friend is a man and so I guess that's really no different even if he is married. I just don't happen to have any personal only my friend relationships with any single men that aren't also his friend or a relative. A friend is a friend no matter their status, so if my best friend became single or I became single he'd still be my best friend. I do love him to pieces no matter his relationship status. That's the important thing...to be a good friend to your friends, especially if you're lucky enough to have that one really dear friend...you love them no matter what.

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#2999 Apr 21, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Never had a problem with it. Some of my best friends--and longest friendships are guys.
Same here. Some people create barriers for themselves, and that's fine for them, but they don't get to expect others to live by their personal and particular limitations.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#3000 Apr 21, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Same here. Some people create barriers for themselves, and that's fine for them, but they don't get to expect others to live by their personal and particular limitations.
Amen sistah girl.....
The Truth

Medford, NY

#3001 Apr 21, 2014
Covered All Bases wrote:
Yes, if he is gay, ugly, and/or fat..... or all three combined, or any combination of two above.
Best answer!!!!

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3002 Apr 21, 2014
Yes. Why not. If some one is nice to you how could you not accept
Their friendship. Married or not. Human being is a human being and
They have a heart as well

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3003 Apr 21, 2014
I have single male friends and married ones as well.I met most these through my husband..My friends are mainly males..We talk about auto,about building and repair on the home..etc..Some thought hubby knows how to do certain things and he tells them,,you need to ask the ole lady.She knows more about that than I do..Yes we joke with each other and hubby gets a kick from it..Again depends on the people..

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#3004 Apr 21, 2014
No. That goes for both!

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3005 Apr 21, 2014
Depends if she's the type to grab you and shove her tongue in your mouth when you weren't expecting it and had no clue she felt that way (her roommate was the one who, when my roommate had a bunch of friends over and he asked if I could crash someplace else for the night said Sublime, you can sleep with me ... I did ... In a twin bed in her dorm room (she was hot too)... She wore a nighty, but we didn't do anything (I was in a relationship) but I totally could have)

Depends if she's going to get drunk and demand that you sleep with her and "make her feel like a woman" and literally will not take no for an answer.

Depends if she is going to tell a hot chick who is flirting with you when you are shyte faced drunk only to proceed to take advantage of your state of drunkenness herself when she gets you alone.

Depends if she is going to bad mouth your SO and tell you, you should be with a real woman ... who as luck would have it just happens to be here.

Depends if she is going to stalk your SO because you are with your SO instead of her.

I won't even get into the girls who I was friends with who were nice about it and offered threesomes (which is fine, they weren't pushy or disrespectful about it), told my friends they are interested in dating me or who told me if I ever break up with my SO to please call them and give them a chance and have me their number.

I won't even get into my experiences with women who I just met out on the town and who I sometimes have hardly said 2 words to.

Maybe for some guys it works, but more often then not, for this guy, it doesn't. Some women sure, but not most.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3006 Apr 21, 2014
who as luck would have it just happens to be her, not here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In pictures: Glamour model spends a 30k on plas... 3 min Gofigger 7
What Could Be Faked,...? 7 min Amelinda 27
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 15 min whatimeisit 6,980
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 16 min Gofigger 3,315
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 21 min Sublime1 20,040
Woman commits suicide by crocodile 31 min Denny CranesPlace 17
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 31 min AmyFaith 137,693
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 32 min Crazy Beautiful 5,575
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Crazy Beautiful 146,959
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••