created by: Friendship | Jan 30, 2012

Weird

456 votes

Can Married Women Be Friends With Single Men?

Click on an option to vote

• Sure! Why Not?!!!
  • No! It's Wrong!
  • Not Sure!
  • Just Friends And Nothing More!!
Comments
2,541 - 2,560 of 3,486 Comments Last updated Jun 16, 2014

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>If she didn't bring her husband along and my wife wasn't present, I wouldn't meet with her. I would want no part of any woman who is not my wife who would even suggest meeting me as a twosome. I just will not stoop that low.
And yet, you still claim to be their friends? Thats sad. Personally, I'm not afraid to meet any of my friends at any time.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I find a BS artist like you to be rather repellent. I have always gotten along well with people who try to be themselves instead of putting on airs and at least show a modicum of respect for responsible values.
Ya know what? I think it's a good thing that you don't like me. Because I'd worry if you did.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>What is so archaic about not expecting a man who has already done more than his fair share to do even more? Men need a break once in a while, too. And the length or shortness of a response is a phony issue and you damned well know it.
Explain this statement in light of the revelation that you are retired.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>My wife is a very strong willed individual who would never let anybody treat her like a slave. If I even tried something like that, there would be hell to pay. You really spewed the sewer sludge with that one. If a circle were the truth, you would be a tangent.
Perhaps you're right and your wife is VERY strong willed. After all, she seems to have the ability to choose your friends for you.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Rosa wrote:
...geez...billy...are you still recruiting friends...just go to the gay baths...if you have money...maybe you will meet a "friend" or two...
Maybe you missed it, but it's guys that seem to dislike me here. Even the drag queens seem to dislike my attitude.......

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Forgotten faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I know quite a few men who come home after working labour all day and doing stuff outside as soon as they get home. It's cause theyre usually still in go mode. And personally i recognize the energy it takes to the mow the lawn over 5 mins of some cruddy dishes. So ya if my guy just busted out a 10 hour shift came home and grabbed the lawn mower. Pfffft yep pretty sure he wont be left some dishes. Personally I find men are getting soft. And I'm not talking about those who go to work come home and crack a beer and act like kings. Those guys can go to hell. I'm talking about real men who have pride in their ownership and want to keep up the upkeep. You know... Real men!
Catowner is retired. So all his crap about working so hard and being tired is just that-crap.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>You are totally disregarding my posts. I clearly stated that when two people are working, the duties in and around the house should be shared roughly equally when possible. You are maliciously being disingenuous. Post something factual for a change. Either you are hopelessly ignorant or are a shameless liar.
Again, pookie, I'll remind you that my three recent posts you replied to weren't directed to you, they were directed to another poster about you. Your priors have confirmed for all of us exactly who and what you are, an angry, bully-wannabe, a clueless, insecure misogynist, lost / mired in the 1950s and a pathetic, sad, spineless little guy.

If your RW persona is close to your Topix persona, I pity folks who must deal with you on a regular basis. You simply won't listen to anyone with a POV different from your polar own. You appear to be that loud-mouthed guy at a public gathering who won't allow others to speak and who, when they try to, talks over them and glares at them.

I've known blustery guys like you in the RW to cower when called on your boorish behavior. I empathize with and have pity for your long-suffering wife, if you actually have one. The poor dear must be looking hopefully toward that "'til death do us part" event. If you'll post her name here, I'll personally nominate her for sainthood. LOL

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>That is the oldest dodge in the book. You get little sister to answer my post instead of you and then turn around and only give a vague response to little sister's post in order to avoid giving simple yes or no answers to the questions posed.
Ok, you are mistaken on a couple things--well, in this particular post anyway. And the most important thing is Billy doesn't "get" me to do anything. If I want to do something I do--as in asking a question, or answering a particular post. And his response was NOT vague. He said he was not interested in having another sexual partner other than the one he currently has. So, again, I ask you, why won't you let this go? Why do you keep going when you know that you are not going to persuade people to your line of thinking?

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't out and out accuse him. I only posed a few questions which required only simple yes or no answers.
No, you didn't out and out accuse him, but saying things like "no man can help himself, that's how they are wired" "ALL men are attracted to curves" "no one should meet with a person of the opposite sex unless the spouse is present" Those are pretty damning statements.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>In all or most states, they need a physician to OK anything they might want to prescribe if they are allowed to do it at all. I personally would never want to allow a nurse to prescribe medication for me or treat conditions other than as directed by a physician. State laws do vary, but those who allow prescribing of drugs by a nurse only allow it for a very limited list of medications and often require a physician's approval on top of that.
A nurse practitioner and a nurse and 2 entirely different occupations....

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>I've given you straight answers a million times, and you don't seem to understand them. But if it makes you feel better, I'll answer your tired, repetitive question one more time.
Oh no, Billy--you have to answer it ad infinitum, otherwise you are just dodging the question.....

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>If you have a party and someone comes over early to help set up,or stays late to help clean up, it's a pretty safe bet the someone in question will be female... The lady friend that catowner has been trying to make me feel bad about is one of the sweetest people this world has ever known, and any attempt to make me deny the love and friendship that we share will be doomed to failure.
Really? I find it difficult to believe that someone you don't know, and could care less about, won't be able to change your opinion on a friend you've had since before grade school......lol

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Some of the cattiest, least compassionate, and most cutthroat people I have ever known were women. On one hand, we have men who say they prefer women friends because they are of superior character. Then we have women who say they can't stand other women because of how they are. What am I supposed to think other than to suspect that this is an excuse rather than a reason for having opposite sex "friends."
Just for the record, my message is for married folks only. If one is a free agent, it doesn't matter what gender you friends are as long as you are not meeting other married people of the opposite sex as a twosome in a social pleasure situation.
What you are supposed to think is FOR YOURSELF! Quit trying to project your own feelings on someone else, cause it ain't never gonna happen.

Yes, I have known women that were very catty, and I have known women who were the salt of the earth and would do anything for you--and most of the time, they were the exact same people. Personally, if I so chose, I would just slit your throat and walk away laughing, or I could stab you in the back and never lose a night's sleep. But I can also give you the last dollar in my pocket or the last food from my pantry. It just depends, and I think that's the same with most people--it just depends....

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>If a real man has just put away tables and chairs for that same party, is he still obligated to help with the dishes on top of that or do the women get a total free ride with cleanup? Is it fair that a working man with a housewife be asked to help with the dishes?
Wait just a cotton pickin' minute there stud..... A WORKING man with a HOUSEWIFE? Geeze, do you still drive a car that has no floorboard and you just use your feet to get started, like Fred Flintstone? That's probably the most archaic stereotype of all the stereotypes you have made yet....

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
My good friend, Beto, came over this morning to borrow my air compressor. We had breakfast in my kitchen, without a chaperone. His wife, also my friend, is at school, today. Should I be amazed that not once did I feel like jumping his bones? It was a very pleasant morning, spent with a friend that I love... yes, love... there, I said it! Ahaha!
The other evening Oki was at work, and our neighbor came over to get some of the pears from our orchard and some pecans. We visited for a while and never once did I think of jumping his bones either. LOL. Amazing that there were two such incidents in different parts of the United States in such a short time.....lol. And yes, I--like you--had a lovely time with a dear friend that I love like family.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Really? I find it difficult to believe that someone you don't know, and could care less about, won't be able to change your opinion on a friend you've had since before grade school......lol
Yep, she and I have been friends practically forever, but now that some troll says she's gonna suddenly throw herself at me I better quit seeing her. Cause otherwise people that don't know me might gossip..........

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no, Billy--you have to answer it ad infinitum, otherwise you are just dodging the question.....
Maybe another 352 times will help........

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Wait just a cotton pickin' minute there stud..... A WORKING man with a HOUSEWIFE? Geeze, do you still drive a car that has no floorboard and you just use your feet to get started, like Fred Flintstone? That's probably the most archaic stereotype of all the stereotypes you have made yet....
And then it turns out that catowner doesn't even work, he's retired........

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, you are mistaken on a couple things--well, in this particular post anyway. And the most important thing is Billy doesn't "get" me to do anything. If I want to do something I do--as in asking a question, or answering a particular post. And his response was NOT vague. He said he was not interested in having another sexual partner other than the one he currently has. So, again, I ask you, why won't you let this go? Why do you keep going when you know that you are not going to persuade people to your line of thinking?
Yeah, what part of "I don't want another partner" is so darn confusing to him. Besides, haven't I mentioned a few million times how much I Love Mrs Billy, and how beautiful she is?

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>And then it turns out that catowner doesn't even work, he's retired........
But he's worked all those years, and his wife has just been a housewife..... I'm glad it works for them, but I don't know many people those attitudes would work for.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••