Can Married Women Be Friends With Sin...

Can Married Women Be Friends With Single Men?

Created by Friendship on Jan 30, 2012

479 votes

Click on an option to vote

Sure! Why Not?!!!

No! It's Wrong!

Not Sure!

Just Friends And Nothing More!!

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#2545 Oct 15, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Answer this yes or no instead of conmtinuing to evade a straight yes or no answer, Do your meetings with members of the opposite sex ever give you the warm fuzzies? Do they ever result in "harmless" flirting? Do you enjoy female friends more simply because they are of the opposite sex? Do you find yourself having to prove to yourself that you are attractive to the opposite sex?
Gee that was easy, I've already answered those questions about a dozen times.Lets see,the first question(warm fuzzies) seems to be asking if I enjoy meeting with my friends. The answer is Yes, I do enjoy meeting with them. However if your question was a veiled inquiry of if I'm sexually excited by my friend, the answer is No I'm not.....Do I flirt with my friends? No I don't. Do you flirt with your friends?.....Yes I tend to have more female friends than male friends, wonder why that is? It's because men tend to be judgemental controlling jerks. You would be a prime example of why my friends tend to be female........Do I need to prove that I am attractive to my female friends? NO I don't. The only one that I need to find me attractive is my wife.......Now heres a question you have evaded a million times, since I have answered your questions for the 10th time, the least you can do is answer mine....Have you ever cheated on your significant other? I have never known someone that wasn't a cheater so hung up on the issue of cheating. You remind me of people that gave up smoking that now hound other people over their smoking habits. If you have never cheated or been cheated on, why would you be so obsessed about it?

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#2546 Oct 15, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>That is not the question I was referring to.
Yeah, both of those questions were included in your other inquiry

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#2547 Oct 15, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Gee that was easy, I've already answered those questions about a dozen times.Lets see,the first question(warm fuzzies) seems to be asking if I enjoy meeting with my friends. The answer is Yes, I do enjoy meeting with them. However if your question was a veiled inquiry of if I'm sexually excited by my friend, the answer is No I'm not.....Do I flirt with my friends? No I don't. Do you flirt with your friends?.....Yes I tend to have more female friends than male friends, wonder why that is? It's because men tend to be judgemental controlling jerks. You would be a prime example of why my friends tend to be female........Do I need to prove that I am attractive to my female friends? NO I don't. The only one that I need to find me attractive is my wife.......Now heres a question you have evaded a million times, since I have answered your questions for the 10th time, the least you can do is answer mine....Have you ever cheated on your significant other? I have never known someone that wasn't a cheater so hung up on the issue of cheating. You remind me of people that gave up smoking that now hound other people over their smoking habits. If you have never cheated or been cheated on, why would you be so obsessed about it?
Good answer, Billy.
I like your take here- "Yes I tend to have more female friends than male friends, wonder why that is? It's because men tend to be judgemental controlling jerks." lol
Females tend to be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent. Hey, wait a minute, THAT'S A BOY SCOUT! lol

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#2548 Oct 15, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Answer this yes or no instead of conmtinuing to evade a straight yes or no answer, Do your meetings with members of the opposite sex ever give you the warm fuzzies? Do they ever result in "harmless" flirting? Do you enjoy female friends more simply because they are of the opposite sex? Do you find yourself having to prove to yourself that you are attractive to the opposite sex?
I'll try this one- "Do you enjoy female friends more simply because they are of the opposite sex?"
Possibly.(Do you enjoy men more because they are the same sex? lol)
A BIG generalization is that women are more kind and considerate. I like kindness and consideration.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#2549 Oct 15, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good answer, Billy.
I like your take here- "Yes I tend to have more female friends than male friends, wonder why that is? It's because men tend to be judgemental controlling jerks." lol
Females tend to be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent. Hey, wait a minute, THAT'S A BOY SCOUT! lol
If you have a party and someone comes over early to help set up,or stays late to help clean up, it's a pretty safe bet the someone in question will be female... The lady friend that catowner has been trying to make me feel bad about is one of the sweetest people this world has ever known, and any attempt to make me deny the love and friendship that we share will be doomed to failure.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#2550 Oct 15, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Gee that was easy, I've already answered those questions about a dozen times.Lets see,the first question(warm fuzzies) seems to be asking if I enjoy meeting with my friends. The answer is Yes, I do enjoy meeting with them. However if your question was a veiled inquiry of if I'm sexually excited by my friend, the answer is No I'm not.....Do I flirt with my friends? No I don't. Do you flirt with your friends?.....Yes I tend to have more female friends than male friends, wonder why that is? It's because men tend to be judgemental controlling jerks. You would be a prime example of why my friends tend to be female........Do I need to prove that I am attractive to my female friends? NO I don't. The only one that I need to find me attractive is my wife.......Now heres a question you have evaded a million times, since I have answered your questions for the 10th time, the least you can do is answer mine....Have you ever cheated on your significant other? I have never known someone that wasn't a cheater so hung up on the issue of cheating. You remind me of people that gave up smoking that now hound other people over their smoking habits. If you have never cheated or been cheated on, why would you be so obsessed about it?
I have never cheated in a committed relationship, period. Men are not the only one's here questioning your behavior. That judgmental excuse you give as an excuse for having more female friends holds absolutely no water at all. I also find it hard to believe that your fascination with having female friends has nothing to do with sexual attraction.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2551 Oct 15, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll try this one- "Do you enjoy female friends more simply because they are of the opposite sex?"
Possibly.(Do you enjoy men more because they are the same sex? lol)
A BIG generalization is that women are more kind and considerate. I like kindness and consideration.
Some of the cattiest, least compassionate, and most cutthroat people I have ever known were women. On one hand, we have men who say they prefer women friends because they are of superior character. Then we have women who say they can't stand other women because of how they are. What am I supposed to think other than to suspect that this is an excuse rather than a reason for having opposite sex "friends."

Just for the record, my message is for married folks only. If one is a free agent, it doesn't matter what gender you friends are as long as you are not meeting other married people of the opposite sex as a twosome in a social pleasure situation.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#2552 Oct 15, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I have never cheated in a committed relationship, period. Men are not the only one's here questioning your behavior. That judgmental excuse you give as an excuse for having more female friends holds absolutely no water at all. I also find it hard to believe that your fascination with having female friends has nothing to do with sexual attraction.
Fortunately, your opinion is as meaningless as it clueless.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2554 Oct 15, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Fortunately, your opinion is as meaningless as it clueless.
What makes you think your opinions are any less clueless than you think your opponents are?

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#2555 Oct 15, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think your opinions are any less clueless than you think your opponents are?
Because I know the relationship my friend and I enjoy, while you know absolutely nothing about us.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2556 Oct 15, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>If you have a party and someone comes over early to help set up,or stays late to help clean up, it's a pretty safe bet the someone in question will be female... The lady friend that catowner has been trying to make me feel bad about is one of the sweetest people this world has ever known, and any attempt to make me deny the love and friendship that we share will be doomed to failure.
You atill don't add up with your posts. You make questionable gender stereotypes and expect us to accept them as proven fact. I have seen many a man help out with the heavy duty work after parties Such as disassembling and putting way tables. That is an excuse and not a reason for having more opposite sex friends.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#2557 Oct 15, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>You atill don't add up with your posts. You make questionable gender stereotypes and expect us to accept them as proven fact. I have seen many a man help out with the heavy duty work after parties Such as disassembling and putting way tables. That is an excuse and not a reason for having more opposite sex friends.
You assume that all males want to sleep with their female friends, and then you accuse ME of making unfounded gender stereotypes? You're funny..........

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2558 Oct 15, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>It is a fact that a regular RN who is not a nurse practicioner cannot prescribe medicine and it has been scientifically proven that men and womens brains are not identical in the manner in which they function. What problem do you have with that? Don't argue with me. Argue with the scientists who are more qualified than you to make or refute such a determination and check the state laws to see if I am not correct about regular RNs who are not practioners not being allowed to prescribe medicine..
Hello! You have a problem understanding thats an RN is not a nurse practitioner. I haven't mentioned anything about a nurse practicing medicine. A nurse practitioner is not merely an RN, dear. A nurse practitioner is not merely an advanced practice nurse, either. She/he is a nurse practitioner. Period. You can stop, now:-D

Level 1

Location hidden

#2559 Oct 15, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Did you even read my post #2530? I have already made it clear that I know the difference between a simple nurse who can't prescribe medications and a nurse practioner who can under very limited circumstances which vary from state to state. It is not a stretch to call a nurse practioner a nurse with very advanced medical training and I intended that description as a synonym for nurse practioner and not something less. You are taking a simple semantic argument and making a much bigger deal of it than is justified.
Do you call a physician a physician's assistant with very advanced medical training? Nope. Okay, thanks.

Level 1

Location hidden

#2560 Oct 15, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good answer, Billy.
Lol. My girlfriend's a Boy Scout:-)

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2561 Oct 15, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>You assume that all males want to sleep with their female friends, and then you accuse ME of making unfounded gender stereotypes? You're funny..........
BALOGNA!!!!! I never said you cheated. I am only questioning your incessant need for female companionship above and beyond what you should be getting from your wife. On one hand, you profess your undying devotion to your wife and on the other hand, you are meeting as a twosome with other women. How is that supposed to sound congruent?

Level 1

Location hidden

#2562 Oct 15, 2012
My good friend, Beto, came over this morning to borrow my air compressor. We had breakfast in my kitchen, without a chaperone. His wife, also my friend, is at school, today. Should I be amazed that not once did I feel like jumping his bones? It was a very pleasant morning, spent with a friend that I love... yes, love... there, I said it! Ahaha!

Level 1

Location hidden

#2563 Oct 15, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>BALOGNA!!!!! I never said you cheated. I am only questioning your incessant need for female companionship above and beyond what you should be getting from your wife. On one hand, you profess your undying devotion to your wife and on the other hand, you are meeting as a twosome with other women. How is that supposed to sound congruent?
You are completely incapable of thinking outside of your tiny box. How boring.

Level 1

Location hidden

#2564 Oct 15, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
HELL YEAH...ya know WHAT is coool about having a single male pal?? Ya can ask him ANYTHING, and he will give ya a straight forward answer..UNLIKE your ole'man..WHO will hesitate..hoping to give you the RIGHT answer that will please ya..AND not have ya fly off the handle..and threaten him with withholding SEX or NOT making dinner..ALL TRUE!!! With your SINGLE Dude pal..he will answer truthfully and offer other helpful useful advice..AND then you merrily skip along to your fav bistro for a "thank you" lunch..
Yep! Lol

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2565 Oct 15, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Do you call a physician a physician's assistant with very advanced medical training? Nope. Okay, thanks.
You semantic arguments are going from bad to worse, not to mention your analogies. To begin with, there is no comparing a nurse practitioner's training with a physician's training. It is like comparing a warrant officer with an OCS graduated officer in the military.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Are Hairy Women Attractive? (May '08) 2 min SNAFUBARIFIC II 113
Moderators Pulling Posts 3 min Chilli J 23
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 min SNAFUBARIFIC II 4,021
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 6 min Oh My 2,522
~Things YOU Love Game~ (Oct '12) 14 min razz58 3,925
Ghetto things to ponder ... 18 min Crystal_Clear722 8
News Cyclists use 120 plungers to raise bike lane aw... 24 min Mitts Gold Plated... 36
News Sea lion grabs girl, pulls her into water 1 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 20
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Boink face 217,006
More from around the web