Can Married Women Be Friends With Sin...

Can Married Women Be Friends With Single Men?

Created by Friendship on Jan 30, 2012

479 votes

Click on an option to vote

Sure! Why Not?!!!

No! It's Wrong!

Not Sure!

Just Friends And Nothing More!!

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2525 Oct 14, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>In all or most states, they need a physician to OK anything they might want to prescribe if they are allowed to do it at all. I personally would never want to allow a nurse to prescribe medication for me or treat conditions other than as directed by a physician. State laws do vary, but those who allow prescribing of drugs by a nurse only allow it for a very limited list of medications and often require a physician's approval on top of that.
YYSW, hon.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#2526 Oct 14, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>True, but nurse practitioners are qualified to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medication independently.
Within very rigid guidelines where permitted. I would never allow a nurse to diagnose and prescribe medication for me and would only allow one to treat me under the direction of a physician. Of course, I would expect a nurse to report anything suspicious to my doctor, but I would expect her to medicate me only under a physician's direction. My whole point is that not all states allow nurses to prescribe medication and what one's do put severe restrictions on the practice.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2527 Oct 14, 2012
Uscgthumper wrote:
<quoted text>
There you are very wrong! Nurse Practitioners ARE allowed to diagnose, treat, and prescribe meds! The dr's office I use has 2 extremely wonderful Nurse Practitioners! If they feel it is beyond them they will ask the doc but most of the time they do it themselves!
Not in all states and they are ususally severely restricted in what they can prescribe if allowed by the states where it is allowed. Generally, only nurses with very advanced training have the authority in staes where it is allowed and the prescriptions are limited to the scope of the practice. They do not have unlimited authority to prescribe everything a qualified MD or DO would have.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2528 Oct 14, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That guy is just being an ass. Who cares what he thinks or wants or does? Silly old man...
I am only trying to present the facts. If they are inconvenient to you, tough!

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2529 Oct 14, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That has nothing to do with the physiological function of the human brain. It has to do with social/ family environment, conditioning and shaping, etc, all which are psychological actions, note physiological function. Intellectual function and aptitude is neither male nor female. The theory to which you cling was debunked years ago. Where the hell have you been?
You really need to research some of the studies done on this using sophisticated scanning and electrical activity detectors from the brain with has since refuted much of the feminist propaganda of the past. Even when raised by lesbian parents, most men will still think like men.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2530 Oct 14, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>True, but nurse practitioners are qualified to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medication independently.
I am beginning to think much of our differences have been in definition of terms. I was initially defining an RN or LPN who of course do not have the authority to prescribe anything. You were talking about a nurse practioner who does have limited authority to diagnose and treat conditions and is trained far beyond what an RN is. Perhaps we can agree that a regular RN with only a bachelor's degree is generally limited to dispensing care or medications under a doctor's direction. Nurse practitoners who are more trained than a basic RN, but less so than doctors are allowed to diagnose and treat, but within limitations which vary from state to state. Some states allow them to practice independent of an MD or DO and other states don't for example.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#2531 Oct 14, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>In all or most states, they need a physician to OK anything they might want to prescribe if they are allowed to do it at all. I personally would never want to allow a nurse to prescribe medication for me or treat conditions other than as directed by a physician. State laws do vary, but those who allow prescribing of drugs by a nurse only allow it for a very limited list of medications and often require a physician's approval on top of that.
I would like to prescribe my own medication and am always involved in the decision making process with the doctor. He/she usually prescribes what I decide on. So, it might as well be a nurse practitioner. For most basic medications, it's not that complicated.
There are a lot of nurse practitioners that know as much as some doctors.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2532 Oct 14, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to prescribe my own medication and am always involved in the decision making process with the doctor. He/she usually prescribes what I decide on. So, it might as well be a nurse practitioner. For most basic medications, it's not that complicated.
There are a lot of nurse practitioners that know as much as some doctors.
Thank you for your objective input. However, I would try to clarify that last statement a bit.Most doctors are better qualified than nurse practitioners in diagnosis, treatment, and presriptions. Yes, I have been to a few doctors who were real duds who never should have been licensed to practice medicine, but that was the extreme exception and not the rule.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#2533 Oct 14, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your objective input. However, I would try to clarify that last statement a bit.Most doctors are better qualified than nurse practitioners in diagnosis, treatment, and presriptions. Yes, I have been to a few doctors who were real duds who never should have been licensed to practice medicine, but that was the extreme exception and not the rule.
Most doctors are good, I agree. There are a some really smart, experienced nurse practitioners too though.
1. I think a person should take control of their own health care if possible.
2. We need to look at ways to get the cost of health care down.

Somehow, it would be good to get away from this litigious climate.
Doctors and health care providers are so scared of getting sued that they are always having to cover their butts!- Which costs us all a LOT more.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2534 Oct 14, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most doctors are good, I agree. There are a some really smart, experienced nurse practitioners too though.
1. I think a person should take control of their own health care if possible.
2. We need to look at ways to get the cost of health care down.
Somehow, it would be good to get away from this litigious climate.
Doctors and health care providers are so scared of getting sued that they are always having to cover their butts!- Which costs us all a LOT more.
We are going way off topic, but I agree with what you are saying. Some of these malpractice awards are absolutely outrageous as it is very difficult to diagnose everything that can possibly go wrong with the human body 100% of the time immediately. We have our politicians to blame for this as most are lawyers and lawyers make bundles of money on malpractice cases and have made it much easier to sue for malpractice on flimsy grounds.

Level 1

Location hidden

#2535 Oct 14, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Not in all states and they are ususally severely restricted in what they can prescribe if allowed by the states where it is allowed. Generally, only nurses with very advanced training have the authority in staes where it is allowed and the prescriptions are limited to the scope of the practice. They do not have unlimited authority to prescribe everything a qualified MD or DO would have.
Not nurse, dear. Nurse practitioner. Big difference. Yes, an NP practices in a particular specialty. That specialty is often family medicine, which covers the whole body. So much for your idea that an NP can't prescribe whatever needs to be prescribed. My NP doesn't ask permission from anyone for anything. She practices independently, period. Almost half of our states allow NP to practice independently. No one is forcing you to accept it. Just ask for a physician and move on. No biggie.

Level 1

Location hidden

#2536 Oct 14, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I am only trying to present the facts. If they are inconvenient to you, tough!
They aren't facts, honey, but go ahead and opine to your heart's content :-)
In at least 16 states, NP's may practice completely independently. Get over it.

Level 1

Location hidden

#2537 Oct 14, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>We are going way off topic, but I agree with what you are saying. Some of these malpractice awards are absolutely outrageous as it is very difficult to diagnose everything that can possibly go wrong with the human body 100% of the time immediately. We have our politicians to blame for this as most are lawyers and lawyers make bundles of money on malpractice cases and have made it much easier to sue for malpractice on flimsy grounds.
We are already way off topic. Why stop here? I like freestyle:-)

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#2538 Oct 15, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>That is the oldest dodge in the book. You get little sister to answer my post instead of you and then turn around and only give a vague response to little sister's post in order to avoid giving simple yes or no answers to the questions posed.
I've given you straight answers a million times, and you don't seem to understand them. But if it makes you feel better, I'll answer your tired, repetitive question one more time.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#2539 Oct 15, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text> It appears you interpreted the word in a different way than I intended it to convey. Perhaps I should have said "in place of your wife" instead of surrogate. Can you honestly say that you never engage in "harmless" flirting or never try to turn on the charm the same way you wooed your wife?
Are these the questions you claim I won't answer? Geez, my answer is on the next page http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TU6DR64... But here ya go, once again. YES (that is an affirmative answer, btw) I can honestly say that I've never tried to woo my lady friend. She is my friend...Now, does that make you feel better? Or do you have some other question I need to answer for the 15th time?

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2540 Oct 15, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>They aren't facts, honey, but go ahead and opine to your heart's content :-)
In at least 16 states, NP's may practice completely independently. Get over it.
It is a fact that a regular RN who is not a nurse practicioner cannot prescribe medicine and it has been scientifically proven that men and womens brains are not identical in the manner in which they function. What problem do you have with that? Don't argue with me. Argue with the scientists who are more qualified than you to make or refute such a determination and check the state laws to see if I am not correct about regular RNs who are not practioners not being allowed to prescribe medicine..

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2541 Oct 15, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>I've given you straight answers a million times, and you don't seem to understand them. But if it makes you feel better, I'll answer your tired, repetitive question one more time.
Answer this yes or no instead of conmtinuing to evade a straight yes or no answer, Do your meetings with members of the opposite sex ever give you the warm fuzzies? Do they ever result in "harmless" flirting? Do you enjoy female friends more simply because they are of the opposite sex? Do you find yourself having to prove to yourself that you are attractive to the opposite sex?

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2542 Oct 15, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Are these the questions you claim I won't answer? Geez, my answer is on the next page http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TU6DR64... But here ya go, once again. YES (that is an affirmative answer, btw) I can honestly say that I've never tried to woo my lady friend. She is my friend...Now, does that make you feel better? Or do you have some other question I need to answer for the 15th time?
That is not the question I was referring to.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2543 Oct 15, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Not nurse, dear. Nurse practitioner. Big difference. Yes, an NP practices in a particular specialty. That specialty is often family medicine, which covers the whole body. So much for your idea that an NP can't prescribe whatever needs to be prescribed. My NP doesn't ask permission from anyone for anything. She practices independently, period. Almost half of our states allow NP to practice independently. No one is forcing you to accept it. Just ask for a physician and move on. No biggie.
Did you even read my post #2530? I have already made it clear that I know the difference between a simple nurse who can't prescribe medications and a nurse practioner who can under very limited circumstances which vary from state to state. It is not a stretch to call a nurse practioner a nurse with very advanced medical training and I intended that description as a synonym for nurse practioner and not something less. You are taking a simple semantic argument and making a much bigger deal of it than is justified.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#2544 Oct 15, 2012
HELL YEAH...ya know WHAT is coool about having a single male pal?? Ya can ask him ANYTHING, and he will give ya a straight forward answer..UNLIKE your ole'man..WHO will hesitate..hoping to give you the RIGHT answer that will please ya..AND not have ya fly off the handle..and threaten him with withholding SEX or NOT making dinner..ALL TRUE!!! With your SINGLE Dude pal..he will answer truthfully and offer other helpful useful advice..AND then you merrily skip along to your fav bistro for a "thank you" lunch..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 4 min andet1987 4,705
News Real estate agent finds 2 women, 63 cats inside... 7 min andet1987 19
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 7 min LBS 8,431
Word Association (Mar '10) 9 min Dont_You_Dare 20,629
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 10 min SweLL GirL 13,404
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Dont_You_Dare 18,338
True False Game (Jun '11) 12 min SweLL GirL 12,534
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 12 min eleanorigby 58,030
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 31 min Sharlene45 194,079
News 10 weird and crazy sex facts you may not know 3 hr Ferrerman 4