Can Married Women Be Friends With Sin...

Can Married Women Be Friends With Single Men?

Created by Friendship on Jan 30, 2012

479 votes

Click on an option to vote

Sure! Why Not?!!!

No! It's Wrong!

Not Sure!

Just Friends And Nothing More!!

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#2505 Oct 8, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Good point. I'm bisexual (let's all be grownups, here). What am I supposed to do? According the catowner, I should never be alone with any of my friends, male or female, because we might be attracted to each other. Lol! Gimme a break.
I was thinking you have a sexy French name. I think you chose a nice name.
So, I just looked up 'burque', and it says it's short for Albuquerque. lol (from possible a Spanish origin)
You must have taken a left- AND right- at Albuquerque!

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#2506 Oct 8, 2012
Uscgthumper wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! I do have a few exceptionally close women friends. And they are a rare breed! And I love them. I just tend to get along mostly with men!
Hi Thumper.
The odds are good we would get along together then, I like way more women than men.

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2507 Oct 8, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Thumper.
The odds are good we would get along together then, I like way more women than men.
Lmao! That's awesome!

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2508 Oct 8, 2012
nada wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not even close to having the ability to give diagnosis. These PA's appeared because for pure monetary reasons. They help any practice to expand their cluster of customers and saving lots of money for not having to hire as many doctors
Result is mediocracy , more people dying as a result. How can a stupid MP be treating very sick patients ,c'mon it is all about money
You certainly have a right to your opinion but you are truly mistaken. Your assessment of PAs and NPs is highly inaccurate. It's cool, though. All you have to do is request to be treated by a physician.

Level 1

Location hidden

#2509 Oct 8, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking you have a sexy French name. I think you chose a nice name.
So, I just looked up 'burque', and it says it's short for Albuquerque. lol (from possible a Spanish origin)
You must have taken a left- AND right- at Albuquerque!
lol! I love Bugsy! I was born here. It's a hard town to leave. A lot of people stop here or break down and just end up staying. It's weird:-)

Elise is really my name, btw. Thanks for the compliment.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#2510 Oct 8, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I love Bugsy! I was born here. It's a hard town to leave. A lot of people stop here or break down and just end up staying. It's weird:-)
Elise is really my name, btw. Thanks for the compliment.
Good night Elise, that's about it for me and Topix today.
Hope you have nice dreams to go with your pretty name and personality.

“Ante Omnia Armari”

Since: Nov 07

"You get back what you give"

#2511 Oct 9, 2012
Sure they can be "friends", as long as hubby don't know.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

#2512 Oct 9, 2012
nada wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not even close to having the ability to give diagnosis. These PA's appeared because for pure monetary reasons. They help any practice to expand their cluster of customers and saving lots of money for not having to hire as many doctors
Result is mediocracy , more people dying as a result. How can a stupid MP be treating very sick patients ,c'mon it is all about money
My GP's at the VA saved my life - can't get any better than that.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#2513 Oct 9, 2012
Simply_Red wrote:
Sure they can be "friends", as long as hubby don't know.
But that is how we became friends..

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#2514 Oct 13, 2012
Uscgthumper wrote:
<quoted text>
I seem to recall that you stated that men were more mechanically orientated and women make better kindergarten teachers! You said it not me! And it is a proven fact that women tend to pay more attention to details! And I never said men and women were wired the same! You do an awful lot of speaking in circles!
Don't argue with me, argue with those who have scientifically reasearched the subject. Some people are still stuck in early radical feminist opinions that men and women are different only in reproductive rolls. Recent research has shown that opinion to be dead wrong.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2515 Oct 13, 2012
nada wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point! Nurses are qualified to recognize certain symptoms, but they certainly are not allowed to prescribe medication and perform surgery. When A nurse sees a suspicious symptom, her job is to report it to a qualified physician and not take it upon herself to treat a patient beyond what is authorized by a physician.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2516 Oct 13, 2012
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
For starters, you data is flawed - in a major way. I do this for a living, let me explain.
First, the chart in your first link does not include divorce data from 1999-2008 - a 10 year lapse. That will skew any data claim. Secondly, the chart does not include data from some of what I would consider the larger states for marriage or divorce -
California, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana, and Minnesota. Thirdly, marriage rates are mis-leading. The total population increased drastically of a period of 98 years - of course the marriage rate it stay stagnant or reduce.
Single parent families started on the rise after World War I - so many fathers were killed in that war that it actually affected the national census. Historically, death of a partner was a common cause of single parenting. Diseases and maternal death not infrequently resulted in a widower or widow responsible for children. At certain times wars might also deprive significant numbers of families of a parent.
Single parent families have been on the steady rise since the 1960's - nothing new there. The Census Bureau calls it a "trend," showing that 45% are single parents due to divorce - not a majority. 34% are single mothers by choice.
I also remember the 50's - it was a time that gave rise to institutions such as Boy's Town. Adoption flourished in the 1950s and 1960s, as measured both by number and by the enthusiastic support of a broad white middle class.
Again - blogs are not written by experts - I could reference my own blog as scientific fact using your logic.
You didn't answer his question by a long shotand threw red herring into the discussion.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2517 Oct 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's utterly ridiculous. My electrician is a woman, my neighbor renovated her old adobe home largely by herself, I do many of my own home repairs. While I don't like working on my truck, I understand how everything works, so I can discuss what needs to be done with my mechanic, who respects my knowledge and capabilities. I have never had a problem talking to men about "manly" stuff. Keep going, you have a right to work in your chosen field.
I have never said that women can't be mechanics or construction workers or something similar. All I am saying is that they are less predisposed to being successful at such occupations.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2518 Oct 13, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>He can't seem to understand that I have a sexual partner, and I'm not looking for another one.
That is the oldest dodge in the book. You get little sister to answer my post instead of you and then turn around and only give a vague response to little sister's post in order to avoid giving simple yes or no answers to the questions posed.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2519 Oct 13, 2012
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Billy says that he doesn't, so why do you insist he does? Why can't you get past the fact that he doesn't see women--ANY woman--as a possible sexual partner? And why can't you let this go? You seem fixated.....
I didn't out and out accuse him. I only posed a few questions which required only simple yes or no answers.

“get u sum”

Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2520 Oct 13, 2012
A woman can Not be friends without wanting some pecker.that's all there is to it

Level 1

Location hidden

#2521 Oct 13, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Good point! Nurses are qualified to recognize certain symptoms, but they certainly are not allowed to prescribe medication and perform surgery. When A nurse sees a suspicious symptom, her job is to report it to a qualified physician and not take it upon herself to treat a patient beyond what is authorized by a physician.
True, but nurse practitioners are qualified to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medication independently.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2522 Oct 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>True, but nurse practitioners are qualified to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medication independently.
In all or most states, they need a physician to OK anything they might want to prescribe if they are allowed to do it at all. I personally would never want to allow a nurse to prescribe medication for me or treat conditions other than as directed by a physician. State laws do vary, but those who allow prescribing of drugs by a nurse only allow it for a very limited list of medications and often require a physician's approval on top of that.

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2523 Oct 13, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>In all or most states, they need a physician to OK anything they might want to prescribe if they are allowed to do it at all. I personally would never want to allow a nurse to prescribe medication for me or treat conditions other than as directed by a physician. State laws do vary, but those who allow prescribing of drugs by a nurse only allow it for a very limited list of medications and often require a physician's approval on top of that.
There you are very wrong! Nurse Practitioners ARE allowed to diagnose, treat, and prescribe meds! The dr's office I use has 2 extremely wonderful Nurse Practitioners! If they feel it is beyond them they will ask the doc but most of the time they do it themselves!

Level 1

Location hidden

#2524 Oct 14, 2012
Uscgthumper wrote:
<quoted text>
There you are very wrong! Nurse Practitioners ARE allowed to diagnose, treat, and prescribe meds! The dr's office I use has 2 extremely wonderful Nurse Practitioners! If they feel it is beyond them they will ask the doc but most of the time they do it themselves!
That guy is just being an ass. Who cares what he thinks or wants or does? Silly old man...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 2 min SweLL GirL 13,719
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 2 min Poppyann 44,659
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 2 min SweLL GirL 3,743
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 3 min SweLL GirL 8,359
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min navey man 197,634
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min Dogen 205,120
News In Tom Wolfe's 'Kingdom,' Speech Is The One Wei... 19 min Parden Pard 1
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 38 min streetglidehoney 59,864
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 43 min Knock off purse s... 33,259
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 1 hr Lucy the First 8,862
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 hr Jennifer Renee 19,835
More from around the web