Can Married Women Be Friends With Single Men?

Created by Friendship on Jan 30, 2012

457 votes

Click on an option to vote

Sure! Why Not?!!!

No! It's Wrong!

Not Sure!

Just Friends And Nothing More!!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#2278 Sep 25, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>The bible also says "May he who is without sin cast the first stone"..........
Yes, that is true..Billy R..hey, how's the missus? CAN ANYONE SAY...they haven''t ever SINNED? I honestly don't think they can...for mankind WAS placed on Earth..knowing that Satan was already here..setting up housekeeping. So, you can try and keep a PURE HEART and live by every Bible passage written...BUT, just eye balling THE new pastor's speaking voice..sending a peaceful message to your heart..that you could listen to him talk all day long..ISN'T that a sign of POSSESSIVENESS???

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#2279 Sep 25, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>The bible also says "May he who is without sin cast the first stone"..........
That does not excuse sin. All it is saying is not to be hypocritical in one's judgment. You really need to read the whole passage it is taken from to understand the proper context involved. The last statement in the passage was go and sin no more.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2280 Sep 25, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>And since meeting a friend isn't sinning, I'm set......But seriously, why do you care what uninformed people think? If your neighbors thought that Ford made a terrible truck, would you sell your truck so that they weren't disappointed in you? I just don't understand why you care so much.
That analogy went over like a lead balloon. If one wants to quote the Bible, remember the Bible warms us to avoid presenting even an appearance that could be misconstrued as evil. I personally do not deel any need to meet with the opposite sex publicly or privately. Turning down such opportunities does no damage to me and saves me from being a possible victim of the false rumor mill.
KPW

Bloomfield, CT

#2281 Sep 25, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Nice attempt at deflection....
you too
not alone

Roanoke, VA

#2282 Sep 25, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I am not debating what society's standards are today and how far they have digressed. I was only trying to set the record straight on what the Bible teaches. If one rejects the authority of the Bible, there is no point on my part of arguing from a religious perspective with such an individual. All I am saying about the Bible is if one wants to call oneself a Christian, act like one. If somebody came crying to me over false rumors being started over meeting publicly with a member of the opposite sex who was not a spouse, my shoulder will be cold and unavailable for comfort.
So if a man was to meet a woman in public,sat down where she is at and starting talking to her about the Lord.you will still say they are sinning.This is more of what you are saying..I,a woman,have run into a male one the street and talked to him.Asked him to join us at church and we are sinning????..This stuff even happens even if both are single..So what now???

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Ravena, NY

#2283 Sep 25, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>That analogy went over like a lead balloon. If one wants to quote the Bible, remember the Bible warms us to avoid presenting even an appearance that could be misconstrued as evil. I personally do not deel any need to meet with the opposite sex publicly or privately. Turning down such opportunities does no damage to me and saves me from being a possible victim of the false rumor mill.
You must be a JW...

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2284 Sep 25, 2012
not alone wrote:
<quoted text>So if a man was to meet a woman in public,sat down where she is at and starting talking to her about the Lord.you will still say they are sinning.This is more of what you are saying..I,a woman,have run into a male one the street and talked to him.Asked him to join us at church and we are sinning????..This stuff even happens even if both are single..So what now???
You have to admit that was a rather extreme sample. Today I got my doorbell rung by what likely was a husband wife team of Jehovah's Witnesses which I believe is the best way to go when trying to evangelize.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2285 Sep 25, 2012
Oneluckygal wrote:
<quoted text>You must be a JW...
Not by a long shot.

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Ravena, NY

#2286 Sep 25, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>You have to admit that was a rather extreme sample. Today I got my doorbell rung by what likely was a husband wife team of Jehovah's Witnesses which I believe is the best way to go when trying to evangelize.
Likely was? You didn't answer and talk religion with them? You stayed hidden in your room preaching to us???

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Ravena, NY

#2287 Sep 25, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>You have to admit that was a rather extreme sample. Today I got my doorbell rung by what likely was a husband wife team of Jehovah's Witnesses which I believe is the best way to go when trying to evangelize.
And if they weren't husband and wife? Out driving around together, scandalous.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2289 Sep 25, 2012
Oneluckygal wrote:
<quoted text>Likely was? You didn't answer and talk religion with them? You stayed hidden in your room preaching to us???
That is not what went down. We had a brief, but very cordial discussion. I briefly stated my reasons why I could not consider becoming a Jehovah's Witness, but I did tell them that I admired their zeal for their faith and willingness to stand up for it.

“Right to Bear Puns”

Level 3

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2290 Sep 25, 2012
I never expected to witness Jehovah's Witnesses being part of this thread.

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#2291 Sep 26, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>And since meeting a friend isn't sinning, I'm set......But seriously, why do you care what uninformed people think? If your neighbors thought that Ford made a terrible truck, would you sell your truck so that they weren't disappointed in you? I just don't understand why you care so much.
Maybe the reason he is so attuned to the nature of gossip and how it is spread is that he is a busybody and a gossip.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#2292 Sep 26, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the reason he is so attuned to the nature of gossip and how it is spread is that he is a busybody and a gossip.
Thats a very good possibility, honestly I hadn't really thought about it before.... In the 5 years I have been on Topix, I've heard all kinds of gossip about me. I've heard that I was Black,white,jewish,evangelical Christian,Buddhist,a Hitman, unemployed,a tyrannical boss that oppresses minority dishwashers, etc,etc,etc...Frankly, as long as my family and friends know the truth, I really don't care what the uninformed think......

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#2293 Sep 26, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that is true..Billy R..hey, how's the missus? CAN ANYONE SAY...they haven''t ever SINNED? I honestly don't think they can...for mankind WAS placed on Earth..knowing that Satan was already here..setting up housekeeping. So, you can try and keep a PURE HEART and live by every Bible passage written...BUT, just eye balling THE new pastor's speaking voice..sending a peaceful message to your heart..that you could listen to him talk all day long..ISN'T that a sign of POSSESSIVENESS???
Mrs Billy is doing great, that woman is about as steady as a person can be......Honestly, people like Flbadcatowner don't realize the damage they cause when they are so nasty and judgmental. People that were on the fence about religion will take one look at him and run the other way.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#2294 Sep 26, 2012
Old timer wrote:
<quoted text>That Billy- you give him lemons and he'll make lemon juice, TELL you it's lemonade and that its the best- THE BEST, JERRY- drink IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!
Yutz!
And thats Ferrerman, still too much of a coward to sign in........
not alone

Roanoke, VA

#2295 Sep 26, 2012
About the man and woman meeting...who know if it is family or not??? So you still going to say it's sinning.....Like it has been said before if you are the one who is gossiping you are the one who has the problem.These people are not bothering no one.You are the one who is bothering them with your gossip.
not alone

Roanoke, VA

#2296 Sep 26, 2012
Who's sinning now???.....add to the above post

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2297 Sep 26, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I am not debating what society's standards are today and how far they have digressed. I was only trying to set the record straight on what the Bible teaches. If one rejects the authority of the Bible, there is no point on my part of arguing from a religious perspective with such an individual. All I am saying about the Bible is if one wants to call oneself a Christian, act like one. If somebody came crying to me over false rumors being started over meeting publicly with a member of the opposite sex who was not a spouse, my shoulder will be cold and unavailable for comfort.
And that is a real Christian attitude isn't it? Wow!

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#2298 Sep 26, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Thats a very good possibility, honestly I hadn't really thought about it before.... In the 5 years I have been on Topix, I've heard all kinds of gossip about me. I've heard that I was Black,white,jewish,evangelical Christian,Buddhist,a Hitman, unemployed,a tyrannical boss that oppresses minority dishwashers, etc,etc,etc...Frankly, as long as my family and friends know the truth, I really don't care what the uninformed think......
Apparently, I am a pagan feminazi child-murderer. Who knew, right? lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Charles Idemi 122,143
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 15 min Parden Pard 29,855
More 'Honey Boo Boo' allegations arise: Will mo... 18 min disgusted 15
Man's own dog helps police bust him on drug charge 27 min Parden Pard 7
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 30 min Hitesrunprincess 23,972
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 31 min Hitesrunprincess 46,056
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 41 min Wolftracks 22,507
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Wolftracks 149,527
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 5 hr -Lea- 7,012
True or False Game 9 hr Old Sam 610