nascar....

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#283 Aug 10, 2014
That was some kind of wreck and I'm glad Newman and McDowell are OK......Engines are started and getting to finish this race, after a hour long red flag!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#284 Aug 10, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Tony is being blamed by 'some' for the death of a hot head 20 year old not dry behind the ears for getting out of his car and not standing by it.
FIRST the rules are stay in your vehicle until help arrives.
But this -dude- decides he's going to show the 'champ' up by degrading him in public for cliping and wrecking him.
He not only walks behind his vehicle but down the track on a dark night
(lighting at track poor) in all black to display his vengeance racing.
Tony doesn't know what the caution was called for -this isn't NASCAR-
he's still on and off the throttle to keep oil and water temperature up and he's got his eyes set on the bumper in front of him ( that guy makes a miscue it put 's Tony in jeopardy).
He has no idea what happened in the corner last lap ( maybe an inkling?)
Tony may be a hot head ( yes-he-is ) but this was totally an accident and
the guy does have common sense and good judgement. He's helped 'me' out in races when I was racing against him but he was a smart-azz doing it. Helps you out and puts you down at the same time "Race Strategy!"
I know Tony feels as bad about this as anyone could and he'll never get over it but it is a part of racing!!!
PS: I rest my case!!!
Yep, not Tony's fault.
Innocent_Bistand er

Trexlertown, PA

#285 Aug 10, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text> Unhappy life you got goin' there huh?
Are u a troll ? You sure sound like one, and Spirit didn't write that. Yes, i'm butting in because something was done to me similar to this by a troll awhile back. I know how it feels to have a troll bothering ya. I hate to see it done to others. Your life must be dull to be here trolling Spirit huh?
Question

Francesville, IN

#286 Aug 11, 2014
Yournotgoingtobelievethis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, not Tony's fault.
Should Tony or should he not 'donate' to the family?
My emotions are mixed concerning the matter_?_

If this gets discussed I'll jump back-in with comments
while "I make my final decision" ???
*=* more info *=*

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#287 Aug 11, 2014
It's really a shame that he hasn't been charged, but hopefully in the future justice will prevail!

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#288 Aug 11, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Tony is being blamed by 'some' for the death of a hot head 20 year old not dry behind the ears for getting out of his car and not standing by it.
FIRST the rules are stay in your vehicle until help arrives.
But this -dude- decides he's going to show the 'champ' up by degrading him in public for cliping and wrecking him.
He not only walks behind his vehicle but down the track on a dark night
(lighting at track poor) in all black to display his vengeance racing.
Tony doesn't know what the caution was called for -this isn't NASCAR-
he's still on and off the throttle to keep oil and water temperature up and he's got his eyes set on the bumper in front of him ( that guy makes a miscue it put 's Tony in jeopardy).
He has no idea what happened in the corner last lap ( maybe an inkling?)
Tony may be a hot head ( yes-he-is ) but this was totally an accident and
the guy does have common sense and good judgement. He's helped 'me' out in races when I was racing against him but he was a smart-azz doing it. Helps you out and puts you down at the same time "Race Strategy!"
I know Tony feels as bad about this as anyone could and he'll never get over it but it is a part of racing!!!
PS: I rest my case!!!
Tony's number is up.
Page 14

He wasn't the one that caused it, now was he?
Think about it!

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#289 Aug 11, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
My lady and I just celebrated 6 years happily being together. Met her here on Topix NASCAR forum when Brenda then was well known as Jimmy48 in Topixville.
Good for you, I remember those
Good ole days..
Tell Brenda the Irish lass sends regards:)

More of the good times to you both.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#292 Aug 11, 2014
It was one of those freak things
that wasn't meant ..

unintentional...

Very tough luck...

The unfortunate guy who was killed,
let his rage blind him, therefore didn't allow for
the obvious danger he was in...
and that's kind of natural too, we're all human.

How many times do we see someone put their
Fist through a pane of glass, in a temper,
only to worsen a situation.

Anyway RIP.

*******

As 'John Lennon' once said,

"Life happens -when you're busy making other plans"

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#293 Aug 11, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>You are dumber than a stone. No charges will or should be filed as what happened is tragic however not criminal.
Please don't breed okay
You are completely dumb! Tony had enough time to swerve from hitting him, instead he raced his engine, trying to be cute and ran him over like a dern squirrel in the street!
I don't have time to 'spoon' feed you, so think what you want!
Second time

Salt Lake City, UT

#294 Aug 11, 2014
He tried buzzing the kid and killed him instead. Not the first time he's done that. I won't go so far to say charges should be filed, that's not my call. I will say however that he should be banned from motorsports for life though. He knew exactly why and where the caution was thrown for. As to the. "Badly lit" crap. If the video can pick up what happened with no problem, the human eye surely did. To those saying he did nothing wrong. Explain the reason for burping the throttle when he gets to him. He tried a stupid buzzing stunt and failed. A young driver is dead because of it.

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#295 Aug 11, 2014
Second time wrote:
He tried buzzing the kid and killed him instead. Not the first time he's done that. I won't go so far to say charges should be filed, that's not my call. I will say however that he should be banned from motorsports for life though. He knew exactly why and where the caution was thrown for. As to the. "Badly lit" crap. If the video can pick up what happened with no problem, the human eye surely did. To those saying he did nothing wrong. Explain the reason for burping the throttle when he gets to him. He tried a stupid buzzing stunt and failed. A young driver is dead because of it.
That's the truth! I used to like him when he drove for Home Depot, but with all of his lashing out and anger problems then, I started to dislike him more and more!
He knew what he was doing by acting smart and look at what happened.....He's a veteran of the sport and not some clueless newcomer! I believe he knew exactly what he was doing and never once swerved at all, his intentions were to run him over and try and act like a hero!
There's not a court room in America that could look at that video and find where he avoided to hit that poor boy!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#296 Aug 11, 2014
The headline should read a man walked into on coming traffic and was killed

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#297 Aug 11, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
The headline should read a man walked into on coming traffic and was killed
Yep. The kid really showed his age by walking out on that track, trying to act like a bad azz towards a NASCAR driver.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#298 Aug 11, 2014
It amazes me that folks here profess to KNOW in minute detail what
actually caused the accident, even when the experts yesterday said
they didn't know.

I doubt if Tony would run him down in cold blood,
I can't see that,
It seemed to me more like an accident,
Undoubtedly the young man was foolhardy to
come right down to the track,
Altho' as I said previously,we all do odd things in a fit of emotion...
but .... when it's all 'gone into'
We will all eventually know.
Independent

United States

#300 Aug 11, 2014
Second time wrote:
He tried buzzing the kid and killed him instead. Not the first time he's done that. I won't go so far to say charges should be filed, that's not my call. I will say however that he should be banned from motorsports for life though. He knew exactly why and where the caution was thrown for. As to the. "Badly lit" crap. If the video can pick up what happened with no problem, the human eye surely did. To those saying he did nothing wrong. Explain the reason for burping the throttle when he gets to him. He tried a stupid buzzing stunt and failed. A young driver is dead because of it.
You are mistaken about what a camera can pick up that the human can't see.

Unless you were sitting in the seat of the car you have no clue as to what could have been seen.

The last thing these drivers expect to see is some idiot running onto a race track while a race is underway. Flags or no flags.

I highly doubt this was an intentional act.

Your emotional rant is not based on fact. Facts are in short supply atm.

Further, nobody has the wherewith-all to explain why anything happened, let alone why someone in a race would "burp their throttle."

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#301 Aug 11, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>When I say you're dumber than a stone it takes into account the majority of babble which you slop these threads with. Language skills aren't something you developed earlier on in life is my take, primarily most of the print you put up here on Topix sounds as if a child scribed it.
go away as your starting to bother me
This is MY thread that I created, so to you, get lost!!!!

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#302 Aug 11, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken about what a camera can pick up that the human can't see.
Unless you were sitting in the seat of the car you have no clue as to what could have been seen.
The last thing these drivers expect to see is some idiot running onto a race track while a race is underway. Flags or no flags.
I highly doubt this was an intentional act.
Your emotional rant is not based on fact. Facts are in short supply atm.
Further, nobody has the wherewith-all to explain why anything happened, let alone why someone in a race would "burp their throttle."
There was no race underway....It was a caution and race drivers 'do' get out of there car's, it's not against any NASCAR rules during a wreck!
Tony kept trying to wreck him before this horrible incident happened!

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Level 10

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#303 Aug 11, 2014
Second time wrote:
Explain the reason for burping the throttle when he gets to him.
Watch the video a few more times ......

It was the 45 car, the one just ahead of Tony Stewart, that "burped his throttle" after his own very close call with Mr Ward - not Tony Stewart.

Tony Stewart never saw the guy until it was too late.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#304 Aug 11, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony kept trying to wreck him before this horrible incident happened!
How could you possibly know that unless you were at the race?

I'm no Tony Stewart fan, but you're condemning the man without any evidence showing that he hit the kid intentionally.
Independent

United States

#305 Aug 11, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no race underway....It was a caution and race drivers 'do' get out of there car's, it's not against any NASCAR rules during a wreck!
Tony kept trying to wreck him before this horrible incident happened!
It may not be against the rules, it is, however, against common sense to run onto the track with speeding cars racing by.

If there were no race they wouldn't throw the flag. Cars do not immediately drop to 2 mph because of a flag.

Flag or no flag, it is still an ongoing race.

Do you play on the freeway often?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '15) 19 min Gunslinger45 1,024
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 33 min Judy 123 4,705
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 33 min Crazy Jae 85,241
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 37 min Crazy Jae 151,565
Topix tell me why? 1 hr Jackie 36
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 1 hr Gunslinger45 38,059
* Things You Don't Want To See * 1 hr Jackie 134
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Jackie 34,951
2words into 2new words (May '12) 4 hr Just Bev 9,539
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr Judy 123 230,618
WHo ARe YOu THinking ABout RIght NOw (Jul '13) 8 hr Just Saying 1,323