Aspen reviews 14 mph speed limit

Aspen reviews 14 mph speed limit

There are 18 comments on the WANE-TV Fort Wayne story from Jan 31, 2013, titled Aspen reviews 14 mph speed limit. In it, WANE-TV Fort Wayne reports that:

Aspen city council members are considering a 14 mph speed limit in a residential area of the Colorado mountain town in attempt to get the attention of drivers and have them slow down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WANE-TV Fort Wayne.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1 Jan 31, 2013
sound fair

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#2 Jan 31, 2013
The local judge's kids tuiton bill is due

“YOU'RE STEWED BUTTWAD!!!”

Since: Oct 07

the place with Pyramid Head

#3 Jan 31, 2013
man you are one pathetic loser

over here <-------->

#4 Jan 31, 2013
PRIME RIB wrote:
man you are one pathetic loser
Reality 's a biytch

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#5 Jan 31, 2013
This kind of nonsense is found in trailer parks where there are private roads. Speed Limits on public thoroughfares are determined by engineering studies, not by the whim of public officials.

It's stupid to say a 25 MPH speed limit can not be enforced. All you have to do is enforce it! Stop speeders, issue fines, repeat. What will happen here is: rogue cops will use this excuse to bump up their ticket 'points', esp near the end of the month. Their superiors will push them to write more tickets when the coffers are low. And some cops will use this as an excuse to punish and harass residents they have a beef with.

A 25 limit is no different in enforcing than a 50, 60 70 etc. Another thing that will happen will be a wealthy driver with balls will be fined, will research the pertinent law and process, and sue the pants off the mayor, county commissioners and the cops. Every penny they gained in fines will go to a rich guy and his lawyer who BTW don't even need it. There are plenty of rich guys and gals in Aspen. TS will HTF.

over here <-------->

#6 Jan 31, 2013
The local gendarmes retirement fund

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#7 Feb 1, 2013
14? Well, ok, but... 13 - NEVER!
Donkey Estonkey

Hampton, VA

#8 Feb 1, 2013
That'll work well for the non speeders.
Donkey Estonkey

Hampton, VA

#9 Feb 1, 2013
Bubbletoes wrote:
This kind of nonsense is found in trailer parks where there are private roads. Speed Limits on public thoroughfares are determined by engineering studies, not by the whim of public officials.
It's stupid to say a 25 MPH speed limit can not be enforced. All you have to do is enforce it! Stop speeders, issue fines, repeat. What will happen here is: rogue cops will use this excuse to bump up their ticket 'points', esp near the end of the month. Their superiors will push them to write more tickets when the coffers are low. And some cops will use this as an excuse to punish and harass residents they have a beef with.
A 25 limit is no different in enforcing than a 50, 60 70 etc. Another thing that will happen will be a wealthy driver with balls will be fined, will research the pertinent law and process, and sue the pants off the mayor, county commissioners and the cops. Every penny they gained in fines will go to a rich guy and his lawyer who BTW don't even need it. There are plenty of rich guys and gals in Aspen. TS will HTF.
You were just kidding, right?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

#10 Feb 1, 2013
Officer: "Sir, do you know how fast you were going?"

Driver: "No sir."

Officer: "I clocked you going 17 in a 14."

Driver: "Sorry officer, my foot must've slipped off the brake."
Cognizant Driver

Huntington, NY

#11 Feb 1, 2013
"Honey, I'm going to the store down the road to get milk and bread....I'll be back in 3 hours!!"
Parden pard

Nazareth, PA

#12 Feb 1, 2013
Cognizant Driver wrote:
"Honey, I'm going to the store down the road to get milk and bread....I'll be back in 3 hours!!"
Honey I'm Home,,,(what?),OHH SH**,,I forgot the cigarettes,,,,,

“Just Call It Marriage Now”

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

All rights For All!

#13 Feb 1, 2013
I seen how this works in real life. It is a town that does not have any revenue. By posting a radical speed limit change, those who break the speed limit,(usually out of towners) will be the ones to pay the price. Watch how this works....

You go on a winter vacation to a small northern town. You arrive and you are hungry. You spot a restaurant/pub sort of place and miss the driveway by one. So, you pull in the parking lot of a motel.This motel has put up a portable fence to divide them from the restaurant so you must turn around. You don't do it so well, so you have your other half (who drank a few when you stopped for lunch five hours back) turn the vehicle around. While doing so, they knock one of the fence partitions over. You jump back into the seat, because you only had two at lunch and that was hours ago.

The Motel calls the police, you are fined 1500.00 for the replacement of the fence, 250.00 for the ruts in the dirt, another 500.00 for disturbing the peace,and oh, have you been drinking? For lunch you had two beers? It's after dark now.

Because your breath held the smell, you now have popped the breath test....which is fought and won later but at huge court and travel costs...remember, your from out of town.

Moral of the story.....if you really want to enjoy a vacation, tell everyone you know where you are going, how long you will be gone and then go back home and hide out. Your not tired at the end of your vacation and no one can arrest you for tripping over the coffee table and knocking a picture over.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#14 Feb 1, 2013
All I need is my bong and I'll be under the speed limit.

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Sayonara Falls.

#15 Feb 1, 2013
After a while the cops will be less vigilant and people will speed through Aspen again.
Rosa

Opelousas, LA

#16 Feb 1, 2013
MeanandNasty wrote:
After a while the cops will be less vigilant and people will speed through Aspen again.
...really?...how would you know that?...
Donkey Estonkey

Hampton, VA

#17 Feb 2, 2013
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
I seen how this works in real life. It is a town that does not have any revenue. By posting a radical speed limit change, those who break the speed limit,(usually out of towners) will be the ones to pay the price. Watch how this works....
You go on a winter vacation to a small northern town. You arrive and you are hungry. You spot a restaurant/pub sort of place and miss the driveway by one. So, you pull in the parking lot of a motel.This motel has put up a portable fence to divide them from the restaurant so you must turn around. You don't do it so well, so you have your other half (who drank a few when you stopped for lunch five hours back) turn the vehicle around. While doing so, they knock one of the fence partitions over. You jump back into the seat, because you only had two at lunch and that was hours ago.
The Motel calls the police, you are fined 1500.00 for the replacement of the fence, 250.00 for the ruts in the dirt, another 500.00 for disturbing the peace,and oh, have you been drinking? For lunch you had two beers? It's after dark now.
Because your breath held the smell, you now have popped the breath test....which is fought and won later but at huge court and travel costs...remember, your from out of town.
Moral of the story.....if you really want to enjoy a vacation, tell everyone you know where you are going, how long you will be gone and then go back home and hide out. Your not tired at the end of your vacation and no one can arrest you for tripping over the coffee table and knocking a picture over.
Yeah, sounds like if you hadn't gotten shitfaced, you'd have had a nice time...
Actually, you're a bit hammered right now aren't you?

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Sayonara Falls.

#18 Feb 2, 2013
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>...really?...how would you know that?...
Take a good guess, Madame Frootloop! And you would about what I know...why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 min a_visitor 25,418
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min CJ Rocker 222,148
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min Clear Skies Here 76,853
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 4 min quilterqueen 13,635
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 6 min quilterqueen 3,969
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? (Nov '14) 34 min CJ Rocker 1,187
Name something that gets past around (Feb '14) 42 min quilterqueen 696
Cyber Friendships real or not? (Nov '11) 1 hr Sublime1 1,285
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Sublime1 5,494
More from around the web