Absolute tragedy!
Tootsie

Allentown, PA

#156 Dec 15, 2012
I think the media needs to be toned down about tradgedies like this, it just brings more attention to it. I mean we don't need this on the news 24/7 everyday for days or weeks on end.

Maybe some gun control needs to be factored in, I don't know much about the gun laws, but what I have heard there are some silly things being allowed that need to be toned down a bit.
Tootsie

Allentown, PA

#157 Dec 15, 2012
C_Lassico wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if according to the NRA children from the age of 4 should carry a gun, so that Newtown-type of assailants can no longer count on defenseless victims when forcing their way into a kindergarten.
You bring up a good point, it starts in the home, keep the guns away from KIDS !!!!

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#158 Dec 15, 2012
Tootsie wrote:
I think the media needs to be toned down about tradgedies like this, it just brings more attention to it. I mean we don't need this on the news 24/7 everyday for days or weeks on end.
Maybe some gun control needs to be factored in, I don't know much about the gun laws, but what I have heard there are some silly things being allowed that need to be toned down a bit.
Cop-cat risks after extensive media reports real, but how on earth are you going to keep such big incidents out of the news ? It's better to address the issue of public safety openly without any taboos.
Gun control will help in reducing risks as frustrated agressors will have more difficulty in finding the more efficient killing instruments.
Tootsie

Allentown, PA

#159 Dec 15, 2012
C_Lassico wrote:
<quoted text>
Cop-cat risks after extensive media reports real, but how on earth are you going to keep such big incidents out of the news ? It's better to address the issue of public safety openly without any taboos.
Gun control will help in reducing risks as frustrated agressors will have more difficulty in finding the more efficient killing instruments.
Yes, keep it in the news, just not around the clock is all I am saying. Hopefully this will not go 24/7 for the next 2 weeks.

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

La Porte, TX

#161 Dec 15, 2012
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
I think we all need to step back and take a few calming breaths, including the media whores who rush in with "facts" in order to be first to air the "news". Let the experts dissect the scene and determine what happened and why. Let the experts piece together the history of the perpetrator and let the experts then release the information as a whole package, instead of the speculation and misinformation sown by the media.
My heart goes out to the families of those killed in this tragic incident, even the family of the shooter. They are innocent as well. Let us try not to vilify them, or anyone else until all the facts are in, which may take weeks.
You are so right about the Media. As we were watching our LOCAL news station, it was mentioned that there were two reporters on their way there and they would be able to give "live, on the scene" reports!!!

Totally unnecessary!!!!! Like a bunch of vultures!!

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#162 Dec 15, 2012
Norma E wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right about the Media. As we were watching our LOCAL news station, it was mentioned that there were two reporters on their way there and they would be able to give "live, on the scene" reports!!!
Totally unnecessary!!!!! Like a bunch of vultures!!
depends on which side of the fence you stand ?????

65007noogard

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#164 Dec 15, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is where we differ, It is what makes ALL the difference in my opinion,
guns are a means readily available, and
[unfortunately] quick and easy to use and are designed to kill or..
maim ..
How long would it take to beat up or stab 26 people
resulting in death!
I'm not sure Grace. I was talking about automobile deaths, not beating or stabbing.

65007noogard

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Down on the bayou

#165 Dec 15, 2012
harleyhunni wrote:
Deaths from guns in the US a year is 11,700
Canada from guns 220.
Two words....GUN CONTROL!
11,700 out of 311,000,000 (the U.S. population)= 3.76 percent

220 out of 34,000,000 (Canada's population)= 6.47 percent

As a percentage, more Canadians are killed every year by guns than Americans.

Has nothing to do with gun laws, but everything to do with population.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#167 Dec 15, 2012
harleyhunni wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the hell did you get in my post that I said it was a cause???
I know about china,,does not take the onus off of what happened in Conneticut.
This is a sad situation. What every country needs is gun control, and not everyone and their dog can buy a gun.
And what are guns a MEANS for? What every country also needs is to bring back capital punishment.
That is the way we do it in Texas. Gun control is proper sight picture and a smooth trigger squeeze :) The majority of Texans are legally armed

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#168 Dec 15, 2012
I over stated the last comment. 500,000 in Texas have concealed carry

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#169 Dec 15, 2012
65007noogard wrote:
<quoted text>
11,700 out of 311,000,000 (the U.S. population)= 3.76 percent
220 out of 34,000,000 (Canada's population)= 6.47 percent
As a percentage, more Canadians are killed every year by guns than Americans.
Has nothing to do with gun laws, but everything to do with population.
Figures lie and idiots figure. Your 'point' is insane.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#170 Dec 15, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>That is the way we do it in Texas. Gun control is proper sight picture and a smooth trigger squeeze :) The majority of Texans are legally armed
So, you're saying you don't 'lead' kids as much, slick?

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#171 Dec 15, 2012
Texas has a population of about 24 million and we have about 51 million guns :)

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#174 Dec 15, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Figures lie and idiots figure. Your 'point' is insane.
figures in a survey are deceiving ... can be factual but not actual

one can't take a survey as total coverage

all crimes for instances are not reported

65007noogard

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Down on the bayou

#175 Dec 15, 2012
French Connection wrote:
<quoted text>He hasn't made a point in 24 hours.
I'm sure the Ferrertman appreciates you taking a turn on your knees, Geno. LoL.

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Since: Sep 12

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#176 Dec 15, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>So, you're saying you don't 'lead' kids as much, slick?
Here! Let me help you with terminology...It's called 'Kentucky windage'.

There are 12 states that allow open carry. Yeah!!! just like wild west days...all of the others allow concealed carry except the one with the most loons???? Illinois....you guessed it...lol

So who is going to take every person's weapon from them. How are they going to pay for them. I have 2 semi-autos worth in the neighborhood of $2000 ( not much!!! some target pistols go for extremely more than that) It has never entered my mind to shoot anyone. Why would you blame the gun, when it's the people.

They banned drugs....how's that working out???

Tragedies happen. Nothing they do will stop them. They'll just make bombs, get grenades, etc., etc.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#177 Dec 15, 2012
Mister_ E wrote:
<quoted text>
Here! Let me help you with terminology...It's called 'Kentucky windage'.
There are 12 states that allow open carry. Yeah!!! just like wild west days...all of the others allow concealed carry except the one with the most loons???? Illinois....you guessed it...lol
So who is going to take every person's weapon from them. How are they going to pay for them. I have 2 semi-autos worth in the neighborhood of $2000 ( not much!!! some target pistols go for extremely more than that) It has never entered my mind to shoot anyone. Why would you blame the gun, when it's the people.
They banned drugs....how's that working out???
Tragedies happen. Nothing they do will stop them. They'll just make bombs, get grenades, etc., etc.
thought: designer drugs are made from ??????

everyday items

banning the gun isn't the answer , but having some control is .. but better yet a gun doesn't kill a gun and ammo together kill when misused......

let us control the ammo .... along with the gun

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Since: Sep 12

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#178 Dec 15, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
everyday items
banning the gun isn't the answer , but having some control is .. but better yet a gun doesn't kill a gun and ammo together kill when misused......
That would only limit the law biding citizen. Black market would bring anything they would want. Drugs are everywhere sir. There is a drug bust all the time. Our jails are filled with drug offenders. You can't ban anything from criminals.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#179 Dec 15, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
everyday items
I reload :) Vermont understands the constitution. There it is illegal to carry a gun for an illegal purpose :)
Gunner

Muskogee, OK

#180 Dec 15, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>That is the way we do it in Texas. Gun control is proper sight picture and a smooth trigger squeeze :) The majority of Texans are legally armed
Way to go. You just made the most insensitive comment of the day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 min 8541 MARINE 21,403
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 min 8541 MARINE 73,301
News That big chicken video isn't fake, but it's scary 58 min go 14
News Snake + plane = A really good story to tell you... 1 hr wichita-rick 3
conversation using song lyrics (Aug '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 2,587
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 213,014
News Enough hidden salt in shopping baskets for 130 ... 2 hr wichita-rick 3
Icon Discussion 5 hr Crystal_Clear722 104
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 5 hr Ding Dong 3,552
More from around the web