Absolute tragedy!
June

Conshohocken, PA

#130 Dec 15, 2012
I Am Enzo - The Baker wrote:
I'm at a loss for words for what happened here in Ct yesterday.
Me too, I feel very sad and confused that it happened. Prayers to all the families.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#131 Dec 15, 2012
I'm sure this question was already asked, but why did the mother have these weapons in her home? She knew that her son had mental issues. Adam Lanza was said to have been autistic or have some form of it, in addition to having a personality disorder. This tragedy happened not long after the Oregon incident. It seems these tragedies follow one after the other lately - movie theaters, schools - no one is safe. As Grace Nerissa stated - "The gun was 'specifically designed' to kill." Guns should not be so accessible or available. We also can no longer afford to ignore the mentally ill/ disturbed of our society.

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

La Porte, TX

#132 Dec 15, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
yes confusion was he took his brothers ID , why ?
the other body was the Mom ??
i have to leave this it is sad enough
A lot of confusion going on. It was stated in the news that his brother had not talked with him since 2010!!!!!!
So what's the story there?

65007noogard

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#133 Dec 15, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes driving and many other things we use daily.. can be abused,
Even the log fire you sit near, can be abused
by throwing petrol in it ...
But the main difference ..I see, is..
A car was designed as a means of transport..
Lots of things are designed to assist us ..
but,
The gun was 'specifically ' designed to kill.
Dead is dead. Makes no difference whether the mechanism of death is intended to kill or not.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#134 Dec 15, 2012
I think we all need to step back and take a few calming breaths, including the media whores who rush in with "facts" in order to be first to air the "news". Let the experts dissect the scene and determine what happened and why. Let the experts piece together the history of the perpetrator and let the experts then release the information as a whole package, instead of the speculation and misinformation sown by the media.
My heart goes out to the families of those killed in this tragic incident, even the family of the shooter. They are innocent as well. Let us try not to vilify them, or anyone else until all the facts are in, which may take weeks.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosilly

#138 Dec 15, 2012
The gun was 'specifically ' designed to keep from being killed.

“Happy Birthday”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#139 Dec 15, 2012
65007noogard wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead is dead. Makes no difference whether the mechanism of death is intended to kill or not.
Here is where we differ, It is what makes ALL the difference in my opinion,
guns are a means readily available, and
[unfortunately] quick and easy to use and are designed to kill or..
maim ..

How long would it take to beat up or stab 26 people
resulting in death!

“Happy Birthday”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#140 Dec 15, 2012
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
The gun was 'specifically ' designed to keep from being killed.
Tell that to the bereaved of yesterday's
tragic events.
HenryiAint

Carnegie, PA

#141 Dec 15, 2012
Dear Public,
Police need help.
When you see or notice a person or hear a person making crazy or threatening remarks send their picture to your local police dept. most people now have cell phones with a camera.
I think police should make a data base for such reports.
that way suspicious persons would be on record and possibly be headed off before they do this kind of action?

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#142 Dec 15, 2012
Norma E wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of confusion going on. It was stated in the news that his brother had not talked with him since 2010!!!!!!
So what's the story there?
hard to say , the 50 states should have a RECIPROCATING law

about guns ,

base line now is to wait and the State police will let us know all ....

it is a shame to see this thread get so much negativity

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#143 Dec 15, 2012
I can not believe a reporter ask a child how many shots were fired ....

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#145 Dec 15, 2012
AmericanApplePie wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on!
Well, well- if I post to you I'll will be relentlessly pursued by your obsessed stalker, Mikey. I sure don't want THAT to happen!

But, it already has so, sometimes ya just gotta say, "What the Schpank?" in life and just do what you were gonna do anyway. Right?

So, how YOU doin'?

“Good or Bad”

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Your choice

#146 Dec 15, 2012
tallyho wrote:
I can not believe a reporter ask a child how many shots were fired ....
That is why I'm was angry/upset with the media.It's like it doesn't bother them one little bit as long as they get a story.
It saddens me more to see this.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#148 Dec 15, 2012
harleyhunni wrote:
Deaths from guns in the US a year is 11,700
Canada from guns 220.
Two words....GUN CONTROL!
Not to defend them, but guns are a means, not a cause....several days ago, a man in China, stood at a school entrance and slashed and stabbed, like 30 children.....
Tootsie

Conshohocken, PA

#149 Dec 15, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Not to defend them, but guns are a means, not a cause....several days ago, a man in China, stood at a school entrance and slashed and stabbed, like 30 children.....
Maybe they need to fence in the entrances with guards, checking for guns or knives or any other weapons at the schools? I have no problem with that infringing on my freedoms. But done in a manner that is acceptable not like patted down at the airports.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Hengelo, Netherlands

#150 Dec 15, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Not to defend them, but guns are a means, not a cause....several days ago, a man in China, stood at a school entrance and slashed and stabbed, like 30 children.....
Chances of actually making 30 victims increase dramatically with a fire-arm.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#151 Dec 15, 2012
Tootsie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they need to fence in the entrances with guards, checking for guns or knives or any other weapons at the schools? I have no problem with that infringing on my freedoms. But done in a manner that is acceptable not like patted down at the airports.
I think it would be good to also know...since all these are fairly young guys....how much they may have been desensitized by heavy playing these type, computer games where shooting proliferates, in large dossage?
Flo

Conshohocken, PA

#152 Dec 15, 2012
Was the kid on drugs I wonder?
Tootsie

Conshohocken, PA

#154 Dec 15, 2012
The more I think about it, we can put guards up on every entrance to movie theaters, shopping mall, store, school, airports. What would it solve ?
I don't think I would want to live caged up like that.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Hengelo, Netherlands

#155 Dec 15, 2012
Tootsie wrote:
The more I think about it, we can put guards up on every entrance to movie theaters, shopping mall, store, school, airports. What would it solve ?
I don't think I would want to live caged up like that.
I wonder if according to the NRA children from the age of 4 should carry a gun, so that Newtown-type of assailants can no longer count on defenseless victims when forcing their way into a kindergarten.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 4 min DILF 20,202
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min Sublime1 181,424
it's gray or grey 4 min DILF 43
News $63M Lottery Win About to Go Unclaimed 6 min DILF 5
Roger Waters Calls Donald Trump Pig-Ignorant 9 min Wolftracks 3
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 9 min Crystal_Clear722 2,003
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 9 min DILF 2,050
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 43 min DILF 15,563
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 59 min Wolftracks 54,229
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Ricky F 31,262