'Who' will EVER EVER *really* know
how this young man ticked..
it is all conjecture now..
The massacre has taken place.
as the saying goes
'Closing the stable door after the horse has gone'
God be with the families of
the beautiful LOST children..
No one knows much of anything yet and you can trust what you hear is right. We don't know what gun or guns were even used. To me the pistols were more dangerous than the rifle

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

14 yrs ago....right after my daughter was
born I had to sit down my boys (7 and 13)
and explain to them about Columbine.

I had to tell them to forget everything
I had ever told them about standing up for
ppl who couldn't stand up for themselves.

I felt like hell but I told them to HIDE
at the first hint of trouble at the school.
No matter what they heard just hide and don't
come out until you hear the Police call
an all clear.

Just a few days ago I had to sit down my
14 yr old and tell her the same thing.

It's a sad thing in this country when we have
to tell our kids to ignore their classmates
being killed just to keep themselves safe.

Personally I'm totally devastated. I keep
seeing all those Christmas presents under
the tree that will never be opened.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Hi AW I don't much care for AR-15 but I may buy one for the investment. At least the ammo is cheap. Just because I don't like a certain type of fire arm it sure isn't up to me what other people should do. I know a guy with an MP-5 full auto. He just loves to take it out and rock and roll. I would never spend that kind of money on the ammo. Same with the big 50 cal. Damn to expensive to shoot but then most bench rest shooting can get expensive fast :)
50 cals are illegal in California. Barret made a different model that is legal, the 416. Pricy ammo that no one keeps in stock, always has to be special ordered.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a mental health issue that killed all those children.
It was a combination of factors and his mental health did affect his behavior. I am not saying it is an excuse. He is still responsible for what he did.

Level 9

Powellton WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was diagnosed with Asperger's.
What's not to understand?
Here, do some reading and learn:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrom...
I believe that diagnosis is correct.
If you've seen his pictures he does appear
to have Asperger syndrome.(the low set ears
gives it away)
However I've never known an Asperger patient
to be violent.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>50 cals are illegal in California. Barret made a different model that is legal, the 416. Pricy ammo that no one keeps in stock, always has to be special ordered.
So, not for home defense then?

Well, if you were defending your home from a mile away maybe?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>No one knows much of anything yet and you can trust what you hear is right. We don't know what gun or guns were even used. To me the pistols were more dangerous than the rifle
I agree...seem's early media reports were that the AR-15 was in the car trunk.....the pistols were more dangerous, easier to hide, quicker to reload....

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>So, not for home defense then?
Well, if you were defending your home from a mile away maybe?
True, not for home defense.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
The syndrome is named after the Austrian pediatrician Hans Asperger who, in 1944, studied and described children in his practice who lacked nonverbal communication skills, demonstrated limited empathy with their peers, and were physically clumsy. The mainstay of management is behavioral therapy, focusing on specific deficits to address poor communication skills, obsessive or repetitive routines, and physical clumsiness.
There is no symptoms of Asperger's that connects to any violent behavior.
So you are assuming that was his only issue? If that was it there would be no need to to have him committed.
Having him committed was what his mother planned to do, more must have been going on. Connecticut is one of six states that does not have AOT (assisted outpatient treatment) having him committed would have been her only choice for treatment. She didn't have a degree in mental health, I doubt she could have imagined what he was going to do. It is possible to have more than one mental illness.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I agree...seem's early media reports were that the AR-15 was in the car trunk.....the pistols were more dangerous, easier to hide, quicker to reload....
Do you folks just read early, early reports and say ff %%%ck it, that's all I "need to know"???
By Monday morning and night it was nailed down that the shotgun was left in the car, the Bushmaster was taken into the school.

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Grace
That is not the point I was making, it was about making smoking against the law not banning in certain places.
Thanks for that,

I was kinda 'thinking aloud' really
when I saw the topic ..

I imagine they'll never be able to make
smoking illegal!.

ironic really when cigaratte smoking is now
'known' to be so injurious to health.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you folks just read early, early reports and say ff %%%ck it, that's all I "need to know"???
By Monday morning and night it was nailed down that the shotgun was left in the car, the Bushmaster was taken into the school.
That's the way I understood it. Fox teaches some folks to go with one's first impression and stay there.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nix Monday ... how about Saturday evening according to the town newspaper (it was also on TV during the Sunday evening news that I saw):

http://newtown.patch.com/articles/police-no-m...

excerpting:

"The shooter who wielded that gun—discovered dead inside the building Friday with a rifle and two smaller guns near his body, police have said—has been widely reported to be Adam Lanza, 20. His motives remain unclear; state police are investigating."

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>So you are assuming that was his only issue? If that was it there would be no need to to have him committed.
Having him committed was what his mother planned to do, more must have been going on. Connecticut is one of six states that does not have AOT (assisted outpatient treatment) having him committed would have been her only choice for treatment. She didn't have a degree in mental health, I doubt she could have imagined what he was going to do. It is possible to have more than one mental illness.
And you're assuming that it wasn't? His mother wanted him committed because that was her only option. Living with a 20-year old with Asperger's isn't a cake walk. I surmise she had her hands full with him - but it was in no way the cause of his murderous episode. I didn't hear if he was still in school for his condition since Asperger's affects your speech and nonverbal communication skills, demonstrated limited empathy with their peers, and were physically clumsy. I assume, by virtue of this affliction, he also suffered from low self-esteem and probably was bullied - even by the younger kids in the neighborhood, which would explain his anger towards younger children.

It's a stretch, I know - but he did pre-plan this. If his thought process was even slightly disfigured, the plan would've fell through.

Level 9

Powellton WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nix Monday ... how about Saturday evening according to the town newspaper (it was also on TV during the Sunday evening news that I saw):
http://newtown.patch.com/articles/police-no-m...
excerpting:
"The shooter who wielded that gun—discovered dead inside the building Friday with a rifle and two smaller guns near his body, police have said—has been widely reported to be Adam Lanza, 20. His motives remain unclear; state police are investigating."
He destroyed all of the hard drives on his pcs.
I doubt his "motive" will ever be known.

What could it be anyway? Even if we knew why
he did it we would never understand it.
He was mentally ill.....period.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>That's the way I understood it. Fox teaches some folks to go with one's first impression and stay there.
Whatever is read in right-wing blogs and chain e-letters is Gospel Truth too!

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
He destroyed all of the hard drives on his pcs.
I doubt his "motive" will ever be known.
What could it be anyway? Even if we knew why
he did it we would never understand it.
He was mentally ill.....period.
Yeah, indeed. That part in that excerpt I just left in because it finished that paragraph. I'm not smart enough about that topic to join in the exchanges here pertaining to "his mind". In some states, he could have been convicted even if "insane". I do know that.

Kudos to your U.S. Senator Joe M.; Dem. and Pro-gun and NRA; and he sticks his neck out and makes his statement anyway.

And it's way more important than 'Buck Wild'.:)

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're assuming that it wasn't? His mother wanted him committed because that was her only option. Living with a 20-year old with Asperger's isn't a cake walk. I surmise she had her hands full with him - but it was in no way the cause of his murderous episode. I didn't hear if he was still in school for his condition since Asperger's affects your speech and nonverbal communication skills, demonstrated limited empathy with their peers, and were physically clumsy. I assume, by virtue of this affliction, he also suffered from low self-esteem and probably was bullied - even by the younger kids in the neighborhood, which would explain his anger towards younger children.
It's a stretch, I know - but he did pre-plan this. If his thought process was even slightly disfigured, the plan would've fell through.
Yes, I am assuming he had another mental issue besides Asperger's.

You do not need to be sane to plan and carry out a murderous plot.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

for the victims

Hallelujah - The Voice Sings Tribute To 26 Killed In Elementary School Classrooms
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The Spanish Inquisition

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.ibtimes.com/did-adam-lanza-have-as...
Psychologist Elizabeth Laugeson, an assistant clinical professor at the University of California, Los Angeles:
"In previous reports, which cited interviews with Lanza’s former classmates, the Sandy Hook shooter was described as intelligent, but painfully shy, anxious and a loner.
These types of tragedies have occurred at the hands of individuals with many different types of personalities and psychological profiles.
I think it’s far more likely that what happened may have more to do with some other kind of mental health condition like depression or anxiety rather than Asperger’s."
She added that those diagnosed with Asperger’s tend to focus on rules and be very law-abiding.
Experts are ruling out the connection between the Asperger’s syndrome and the violence."

"Living with a 20-year old with Asperger's isn't a cake walk."
How many 20-year old young adults with Asperger's have you lived with? lol, j/k, you were too, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

127 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min buck the duck 14,972
Laxmi Yadav: Woman forever trapped in the body ... (Jul '13) 16 min Raju 7
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 29 min eleanorigby 34,951
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 45 min Bill 112,842
The N-word: 47 min Denny CranesPlace 10
Which O/B lady would you want to be stranded on... (Dec '13) 51 min The Martyr 49
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 58 min Denny CranesPlace 23,730
How did you get over a broken heart? (Oct '09) 4 hr wichita-rick 264
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr wichita-rick 141,322
Car Dealer Gives Woman Refund - in Pennies 6 hr Marcavage s Emission 7
•••
•••