do men like strong opinionated women ...

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2605 Dec 14, 2015
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>When I use the term, to me, it is a woman who thinks for herself rather than one who simply tries to be a crowd pleaser. I am not talking about egostistical hardheaded women who think they know it all and everybody else knows nothing. There is a big difference between women who think for themselves and those who think that only their own opinions count.
So true. Well said. The same can be said about men.

Level 9

Location hidden

#2606 Dec 14, 2015
DILF wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
Rosie O'Donnell is a strong opinionated woman.....and, uh.....
Blech!!!
I much prefer Rachel Maddow as an example.

“"My Book of Many Shadows"”

Since: Apr 15

Reincarnate; Volver a encarn.

#2607 Dec 14, 2015
You know what is truly disgusting from all these “successful, strong women” commenting?

How absolutely sexiest they are toward woman who aren’t as “successful, ambitious, or strong.”

So your degree and career make you women more deserving of love than lowly women?

Men don’t want to date you because you are ugly on the inside.

A teacher or secretary with a sunny disposition beats these career women any day.

Check you arrogance. It makes you very off-putting and repulsive.

Way to throw women with less ambition, less career success, less forwardness under the bus! But you’d rather be single than compromise … your dream came true!

Because the hair dressers, teachers, secretaries, waitresses I know are happily married with loving families. But hey, you career and strong women have your toys and careers!

Yay! You must be so happy!!

I don’t think most men have a problem with successful women, it’s that many successful women forgot how to be soft, and men want soft.

Like the Stevie Nicks song says,“Give to me your leather, take from me my lace.”

Also, men do want to be a leader for their woman. Is it really that hard to let him?

It doesn’t mean you have to act dumb, or incapable....... Just let him lead....so easy !

Level 9

Location hidden

#2608 Dec 14, 2015
Wow! Way to assume facts NOT in evidence. Nowhere in the title of this thread does it mention women who have a career or are ambitious. Possibly a course in reading comprehension would stand you in good stead.

#2609 Dec 14, 2015
_Susan_ wrote:
Wow! Way to assume facts NOT in evidence. Nowhere in the title of this thread does it mention women who have a career or are ambitious. Possibly a course in reading comprehension would stand you in good stead.
Susan, that is the very reason I have introduced it here as a discussion.....it's called "my perogative."

However, it is possible that a course in manners as your comprehension would stand you in much better stead.

Cordially
~DeVine.

Level 9

Location hidden

#2610 Dec 14, 2015
Umm, name calling does not make for a discussion. Nor is it your anything much less prerogative to be uncivil whether or not you started this thread. You obviously have an agenda. And you'd better figure that out.

Have a nice day.

#2611 Dec 14, 2015
_Susan_ wrote:
Umm, name calling does not make for a discussion. Nor is it your anything much less prerogative to be uncivil whether or not you started this thread. You obviously have an agenda. And you'd better figure that out.
Have a nice day.
Pardon me , kindly point out where I've called you any name here, or where you consider that I've been uncivil to you in anyway ?

I have figured out long time ago that whoever you are in life, we all have an agenda......thank you for reminding me.

NB:- Civility is not not saying negative or harsh things. It is not the absence of critical analysis. It is the manner in which we are sharing this territorial freedom of opinion in discussion. If our discourse is yelled and screamed and interrupted and patronized, that's uncivil.

~Richard Dreyfuss

Since: Nov 14

In the WEB of your LIES

#2613 Jan 9, 2016
honey wrote:
Just wondering... do men like strong , opinionted women who stay true to their beliefs?, see i am strong and opinionated on certian things, like i need respect, that's all i ask for, i love with all my heart, but there's a fire inside me, i can be a fighter and i stand up for what i believe in, and i stand up for the innocent and the people who can't stand up for themselves
Example: i see someone being mean to someone else for no reason, i stand up for them.
Example: a man says a womans' place is in the kitchen or you can't do that your just a woman, now make me a sandwhich woman
Me: nope i can be anything i wanna be; and only if you say please :)
I mean i like making whoever i'm with happy but i will not be pushed around or treated badly and stay, i have self respect and know what i deserve.
"Just wondering... do men like strong , opinionted women who stay true to their beliefs?"

'Despite her silence, Trump supporters around her began chanting Trump's name -- as instructed by Trump campaign staff before the event in case of protests -- and pointed at Hamid and Marty Rosenbluth, the man alongside her who stood up as well.'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/08/politics/donald...

Since: Nov 14

In the WEB of your LIES

#2614 Jan 9, 2016
Sorry to interrupt the Ozzie and Beth love fest...please do continue.

#2615 Jan 9, 2016
5th Row Centre wrote:
<quoted text>
"Just wondering... do men like strong , opinionted women who stay true to their beliefs?"
'Despite her silence, Trump supporters around her began chanting Trump's name -- as instructed by Trump campaign staff before the event in case of protests -- and pointed at Hamid and Marty Rosenbluth, the man alongside her who stood up as well.'
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/08/politics/donald...
To have an opinion is a very powerful concept. every person has at least one toward a subject they feel strongly about.

To have an opinion is not a negative. however, I do not regret to inform you that it's unnecessary to have an abundance of them.

To have an opinion is very influential. at least we all make it seem as such.

To have an opinion isn't as meaningful as we lead it on to be. we are told to choose our battles wisely. treat your opinions likewise.....

Opinions are an opiate onion:...they sting they burn but they taste oh so delicious on your tongue
when you speak them
Coup de Theatre

United States

#2616 Jan 9, 2016
KNIGHT DeVINE wrote:
<quoted text>
To have an opinion is a very powerful concept. every person has at least one toward a subject they feel strongly about.
To have an opinion is not a negative. however, I do not regret to inform you that it's unnecessary to have an abundance of them.
To have an opinion is very influential. at least we all make it seem as such.
To have an opinion isn't as meaningful as we lead it on to be. we are told to choose our battles wisely. treat your opinions likewise.....
Opinions are an opiate onion:...they sting they burn but they taste oh so delicious on your tongue
when you speak them
Actions speak louder than words.

#2617 Jan 9, 2016
Coup de Theatre wrote:
<quoted text>
Actions speak louder than words.
Thoughts echo in actions
Each having their consequences
Positive actions disseminate gracefully
Creating a lasting bond with the soul
Pass on your thoughts to beautiful minds
Positive actions can build stronger bonds.....

Every action has its consequences
Bound to a fate of its own
We choose an action by choice
Informed or under compulsions
Wound in a complex circle
Once we knock the door with uncertainty
Fate is there watching over us
Given the task to execute the action
Awaiting the consequences as remuneration
Coup de Theatre

United States

#2618 Jan 9, 2016
Ménage aTrois

Not my cupa tea.

Please do go carry on
With your other half of
The OFFbeat dynamic duo.

I have nothing more to say.

#2619 Jan 9, 2016
Coup de Theatre wrote:
Ménage aTrois
Not my cupa tea.
Please do go carry on
With your other half of
The OFFbeat dynamic duo.
I have nothing more to say.
You've already said enough, and along with you, I have no idea what you're talking about in your attempt to implicate me by false accusations; involving your slander and in any questionable behaviour, typically involving sexual impropriety
A_Visitor

Hellertown, PA

#2620 Jan 9, 2016
Who cares if they don't, there's plenty of other fish in the sea that do.

#2621 Jan 9, 2016
TEN WORDS WOMEN USE

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

&#8203;(Remember&#8203 ; boys - when they say "I'll be ready in five minutes" that's exactly the same amount of time when we say "I'll be home in five minutes"

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement of ten misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing.(Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome.(I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot'- that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome'. that will bring on a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying F-- YOU!

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.

&#8203;(10)&#8203; We have to talk: That means - Sit down, shut up and listen. Open your trap and you're dead-meat.

Also, when a woman asks your advice - similarly, that means sit down, shut up and listen - don't give any advice at all.

Level 9

Location hidden

#2623 Jan 13, 2016
Generalizations are always inaccurate. Sorry you have so many immature women in your life.

Since: Jan 14

Denver, CO

#2624 Jan 13, 2016
I would never want to be involved with a man that expected nothing less than a strong woman with an opinion.

;-)

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#2625 Jan 13, 2016
_Susan_ wrote:
Generalizations are always inaccurate. Sorry you have so many immature women in your life.
And guess what you used in your first sentence? And condescension is a sign of immaturity.

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#2626 Jan 13, 2016
...as long as their beliefs are to listen and abide by what their husband wants, then I have no problem with women being strong and opinionated.

I'm all for it!!!!

8-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird substance discovered in new A 5 notes - a... 1 min Mila Beaujolais 29
News Church fined $12,000 for helping homeless new 7 min Spotted Girl 38
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min wichita-rick 22,151
Tell me a TRUTH (Dec '12) 9 min Enzo49 1,184
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 10 min Princess Hey 148,386
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 11 min Princess Hey 6,384
2words into 2new words (May '12) 15 min wichita-rick 6,757
All Christmas Carols/Songs and Quotes.. 22 min greymouser 43
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 22 min Enzo49 976
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 58 min wichita-rick 206,895
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Snowflake Nation 67,091
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr honeymylove 10,571
More from around the web