helpful

Australia

#2542 Aug 11, 2013
the man that confessed his love for me said that the main reason he fell for me was because I was opinionated and stood up for myself :)

Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#2543 Aug 11, 2013
helpful wrote:
the man that confessed his love for me said that the main reason he fell for me was because I was opinionated and stood up for myself :)
When my now husband came to ask me out, he got really nervous......started shuffling his feet and stuttering, lol. Blurted out "Um..is your brother home?" I said, "Are you really here to see my brother or did you come to ask me out? Cause if you're not gonna ask me out then I guess I'll ask you out." We went a few days later. It became an every weekend thing and I married him right out of high school. If it wasn't for the strength and courage it took to do that, I may not have him. And as far as opinions, I'm as opinionated as they come. My strength and opinions landed me a wonderful man and 2 beautiful children. So, I'm thankful I'm not a doormat. Also, my most dear friends in life aren't the type to tolerate a doormat, so here's to the strong, opinionated women.!!

Way to go "helpful"!!!! Women like you make me "Proud"
:)

Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#2544 Aug 11, 2013
Racy, mean and disagree? LOL. You realize it only counts as strong if I know who it's from you silly little weakling..........Hahahaha.... Very cute though, definitely got a laugh out of me :)

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#2546 Jan 6, 2014
It all depends on what type of strong. Hardly any man would want a woman who is dictatorial in nature and incapable of listening. Men should also be good listeners and not dictators as well.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2547 Jan 6, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
I am strong, independent, and conservative. You have to be independent to be a conservative these days, since liberals have it all sewn up. The libs all think alike and suck off of the same teat. But to truly be Conservative, you have to fight back the lies, the names, the bullying, all from the left. You have to fight the peer pressure, since the "natural" order of society these days seems to be to the left. If you are "left" you can't do no wrong, and if you are "right" then the rest say you are not right and can do no right.
So I am very independent since being liberal is too easy to do and I choose the harder path of being Conservative, and that is my own inborn nature, not anything I ever got from anyone.
To those who disagree with me. I am not saying I am any messiah, so there is no need to crucify me.
Bullying and lies are not the exclusive domain of any political belief system.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2548 Jan 6, 2014
quilterqueen wrote:
I think some men like an opinionated woman, as long as the opinion agrees with theirs.
That goes for women as well.

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#2549 Jan 6, 2014
I love a strong woman but hate a woman who thinks that just means being a self centered bitch all the time.

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2550 Jan 6, 2014
Well FTW its easy to b a btch!
Being a btch is no different from being a whiner. Both are a weakness. A strong woman deals with life without btchin. Steps up n takes care of business like only a woman can.

N who is this new he man woman hater praetarian dude gees dude this is just for u. Stfu already;)!! Tehehe Dang I bet u have the ladies just beating down ur door! Smdh

Level 6

Location hidden

#2551 Jan 6, 2014
Hey flbadcatowner. Great seeing ya around again. ;)

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2552 Jan 6, 2014
Lylah wrote:
Hey flbadcatowner. Great seeing ya around again. ;)
Thank you, Lylah. I agreed with what you said about disagreeable women.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#2553 Jan 6, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Bullying and lies are not the exclusive domain of any political belief system.
Never said they were. If I had meant that, I would have said just that, using the word ALL, and your comment would have been justified.(Personally, I always consider an adult trying to correct or help another equal adult of the same rank without their prior consent to be an attack.) But I didn't. Remember, nobody means an entire group when they mention a group unless they explicitly say it applies to all.

(For instance, if someone says people of color are poor, they are not saying that ALL people of color are poor unless they use those words. That hypothetical statement only applies to the segment of the group who are, and it needs no clarification because everyone has the mind to realize there are the rappers, the athletes, the doctors etc. So if someone is asking "Why are Blacks poor?" they are not asking about every Black person, only the ones that are poor, and such a sentence is a universal shorthand for that.)

Besides, I wasn't posting to any person, just drawing a line in the sand and hoping to forget it and never speak about it again. That is a tradition I have. I should have the right to draw a line in the sand in public, on a public forum, and be ignored rather than challenged. I prefer to deal only with ideas rather than people. "Friends" are a dime a dozen, but your beliefs can be eternal. There are billions of people on the earth, and they are all put here for the same reason, to get in your way, destroy your beliefs, and block your goals.

Generally, if a person challenges someone, they are saying their own beliefs are better, and that the beliefs of the other person need destroyed or changed. And thus it becomes a form of bullying.

Again, let me remind you that I need an entire life free of all masculine culture and influences (even when women adopt them), and that nobody owns me. If a person challenges the beliefs of another, they are saying they are not entitled to them and that they own the other person and reserve the right to decide for them. The only ones who rightfully have authority over me, are God and the government, nobody else. If I want and need help or advice, I will ask. If I don't ask, it means I don't want it. Nobody except God or the government have the right to try to teach me, correct me, nor help me in any way, unless I explicitly ask.

This is all just my own opinion.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2554 Jan 6, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said they were. If I had meant that, I would have said just that, using the word ALL, and your comment would have been justified.(Personally, I always consider an adult trying to correct or help another equal adult of the same rank without their prior consent to be an attack.) But I didn't. Remember, nobody means an entire group when they mention a group unless they explicitly say it applies to all.
(For instance, if someone says people of color are poor, they are not saying that ALL people of color are poor unless they use those words. That hypothetical statement only applies to the segment of the group who are, and it needs no clarification because everyone has the mind to realize there are the rappers, the athletes, the doctors etc. So if someone is asking "Why are Blacks poor?" they are not asking about every Black person, only the ones that are poor, and such a sentence is a universal shorthand for that.)
Besides, I wasn't posting to any person, just drawing a line in the sand and hoping to forget it and never speak about it again. That is a tradition I have. I should have the right to draw a line in the sand in public, on a public forum, and be ignored rather than challenged. I prefer to deal only with ideas rather than people. "Friends" are a dime a dozen, but your beliefs can be eternal. There are billions of people on the earth, and they are all put here for the same reason, to get in your way, destroy your beliefs, and block your goals.
Generally, if a person challenges someone, they are saying their own beliefs are better, and that the beliefs of the other person need destroyed or changed. And thus it becomes a form of bullying.
Again, let me remind you that I need an entire life free of all masculine culture and influences (even when women adopt them), and that nobody owns me. If a person challenges the beliefs of another, they are saying they are not entitled to them and that they own the other person and reserve the right to decide for them. The only ones who rightfully have authority over me, are God and the government, nobody else. If I want and need help or advice, I will ask. If I don't ask, it means I don't want it. Nobody except God or the government have the right to try to teach me, correct me, nor help me in any way, unless I explicitly ask.
This is all just my own opinion.
I don't think you are a bad person, but your oversensitivity to correction seems totally unnecessary. You let too many things bother you unnecessarily.

Level 8

Spotted World

#2555 Jan 6, 2014
Actually, complaining is a strength, and how God intended all women to deal with life. Women are supposed to bond though sharing and complaining. What is a weakness is acting outside one's own gender or being too proud or self-righteous to complain if you are a woman.

The purpose of complaining is to feel better so you don't have to take action. Seeing a need to take action is what men do, and many men see needs to act where there aren't any. That is only a step away from being a rapist. A woman who doesn't like another woman would complain about her, but a man would take action such assault, kill, or rape her. So venting and removing the need to act is far superior to taking evil action. If venting were established as an entitlement and places set aside for that at work and at school, there would be less bullying and less school and workplace shootings.

Listening to someone vent without saying anything is an essential part of empathy. An abusive person would silence what they have to say, and I find that action to be most commonly among left-wing males.(There is no need to say that it is not exclusive to them - that is so obvious that even a 2-year-old would know that, and thus it is wrong to point that out since it is so obvious.)

These are all my opinions, and I have a right to them, and I am drawing the line in the sand and am not interested in a debate nor discussion about what I just said.

Level 6

Location hidden

#2556 Jan 6, 2014
Being a btch is a coping mechanism for a weak miserible person who doesn't have the mentality to deal with lifes problems in a reasonable adult manner.

“G-Spot Tornado”

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#2557 Jan 6, 2014
Lylah wrote:
Well FTW its easy to b a btch!
Being a btch is no different from being a whiner. Both are a weakness. A strong woman deals with life without btchin. Steps up n takes care of business like only a woman can.
N who is this new he man woman hater praetarian dude gees dude this is just for u. Stfu already;)!! Tehehe Dang I bet u have the ladies just beating down ur door! Smdh
And a strong man keeps his woman all loved up n respects her so she never has a reason to btch to begin with..I try not to whin but I'm always howlin for you baby!

Level 8

Spotted World

#2558 Jan 6, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you are a bad person, but your oversensitivity to correction seems totally unnecessary. You let too many things bother you unnecessarily.
Again, what have I said about labels? Implying that someone is oversensitive or too much or too little of anything is an attack and an accusation. Nobody has a right to know how sensitive I am. That is my private business, and not up for discussion. The number of things that bother me is my private business and accusing me of letting too many things bother me is an attack. Only I am the one to decide what is necessary in my life. I have my life and character precisely as I want it to be forever, and I will do whatever it takes to never change who I am - thus it is important to deal with ANY challenge to that goal ASAP.

It is right to punish others who wrong you first, and correcting ANY mere equal person is a dire wrong. If you are minding your own business and doing things your own way, it is every bit as evil to push another way on them (unless they came to you asking) as it is to take a machine gun and mow them down. Each person has a right to decide who they will be and what they will believe and to hold those forever and ever without them being challenged by any equal (nor "inferior" rank like a mere child). Now if God or the cops or their boss did, then that would be acceptable.

I take "correction" well when it is warranted and done only by the correct people. Only AUTHORITY figures must correct others. For instance, take a coworker who you feel is not doing their job correctly. What they do is not your business, and you don't own that employee nor have a valid right to authority over them. If they are doing wrong, then you are supposed to go to the boss. Then the boss is supposed to set them straight, not you. It is not your place to "help" them or change them - ONLY the supervisor's job. And yes, I function in a supervisory capacity on a website. I hate having to correct people, but that is my "job." I'd rather correct them than ban them. The rules there say not to swear in the contributions, not to post gibberish, not to spam, not plagiarize, etc.

Please discuss my ideas without discussing me. Saying any person is too much or too little of anything is always an attack, and always disrespectful. It doesn't matter how "sensitive" you think someone is, by matter of principal, it is always wrong.

I see it as immoral and wrong to EVER correct a single person on an equal or social level. To correct anyone, you MUST either be God, be their boss, be their parent, or be their slave master. It is a hostile and immoral act to EVER correct anyone whom doesn't ask for it first or whom are not in your charge.

I have always respected you enough to never correct you know matter what because online, we are equals. If I worked for Topix, I'd have that right. I don't. Since I have never corrected you first

(Yes, I did correct you for pretending to be my parent and doing ONLY what parents/teachers/bosses/sergea nts are supposed to do. That is different, since you did it first. If you hadn't posted to me, I would not have posted to you to punish you for doing such wrong to me).

The only thing unnecessary was your post to me pretending I was talking about every liberal and no conservatives when anyone with half a brain would see I never used the word ALL. Without exception, when someone means an entire group, they use the word ALL or otherwise specify just that.

So which are you? An equal and a friend who will never correct me, critique me, nor give me any assistance I didn't ask for in advance? An authority figure who acts like they own people? Or someone who voluntarily refrains from posting to me? I believe it is impossible to be both a friend and an authority over that same person

Again, these are just my opinions, and I would prefer to not debate nor discuss them.

Level 6

Location hidden

#2559 Jan 6, 2014
Wow flbadcatower. Step away from the crazy. Lol. It amazing that someone who post their personal stories on a public forum has an expectation of privacy. Smdh. Some ppl!! Lmao.

Level 8

Spotted World

#2560 Jan 6, 2014
Again, complaining is one of the most superior coping mechanisms. It is therapeutic, and prevents people from being miserable, and it negates any need for certain types of action.

Like I said, people should be encouraged to vent. That means to have a safe place to rant and rave, in a guilt-free setting, and where it is never used against the person. Providing such is a part of being empathetic. People should be encouraged to vent their emotions out. Complaining about things is a part of being assertive. If you don't complain, you are telling others that you like that treatment and inviting them to walk over you. You have to let them know it is not acceptable. And earlier, I was not oversensitive, but assertive. If someone treats you in a way you find unacceptable, you MUST say so to them, and I did.

Passive-aggression is the coping mechanism of miserable people. They pretend to be more sophisticated than others, but are actually worse inside. Ever visit someone who hides their hatred of you quite well, but then their dog hauls off and bites you, and the owner really has no clue why? Well, the dog is able to see through their passive aggression, lies, and false image to know their real intentions. Thus the dog is a surrogate for their buried emotions. If it bites, they can play that off as something else (hungry, doesn't like strangers, just back from the vet, etc).

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#2561 Jan 6, 2014
Lylah wrote:
Wow flbadcatower. Step away from the crazy. Lol. It amazing that someone who post their personal stories on a public forum has an expectation of privacy. Smdh. Some ppl!! Lmao.
On Topix, one will meet all kinds. I have given up trying to understand what makes them tick.

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#2563 Jan 6, 2014
A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 8,281
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 10 min Grace Nerissa 2,167
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 14 min Chimney1 159,206
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 17 min Fish_sticks 8,269
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 18 min Grace Nerissa 25,945
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 26 min TALLYHO 8541 40,129
LOVE and OTHER BRUISES (Apr '12) 27 min KNIGHT DeVINE 1,353
News Watch adorable video of clever dog faking injur... 29 min TALLYHO 8541 4
News NY Man Demonstrates How Not to Get Rid of Bedbugs 2 hr Spotted Girl 16
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr SLY WEST 161,010
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 6 hr Rose of Tralee 1,400
More from around the web