do men like strong opinionated women who stay true to their beliefs?

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 109
Next Last
honey

Scottsville, KY

#1 Jul 22, 2011
Just wondering... do men like strong , opinionted women who stay true to their beliefs?, see i am strong and opinionated on certian things, like i need respect, that's all i ask for, i love with all my heart, but there's a fire inside me, i can be a fighter and i stand up for what i believe in, and i stand up for the innocent and the people who can't stand up for themselves
Example: i see someone being mean to someone else for no reason, i stand up for them.
Example: a man says a womans' place is in the kitchen or you can't do that your just a woman, now make me a sandwhich woman
Me: nope i can be anything i wanna be; and only if you say please :)
I mean i like making whoever i'm with happy but i will not be pushed around or treated badly and stay, i have self respect and know what i deserve.
Moderate Maria

Cleveland, GA

#2 Jul 22, 2011
no
DILF

Medford, NY

#3 Jul 22, 2011
No

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 Jul 22, 2011
Sexy men do because that means they are confident and aren't afraid of a smart women.

:)smiles and hugs!

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Coxsackie, NY

#5 Jul 22, 2011
It depends on how much of a man he is. A little man is threatened by a strong woman. A true man will love and respect you for it.

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Coxsackie, NY

#6 Jul 22, 2011
I do have to laugh at the example of the sammich. I knew a chick who would actually cut out the heart of the watermelon, de-seed it for him, and she would just eat the edges of the thing. Sad really, she didn't think that she was worthy of the best of anything.

“RIP Eric Medlen FC#4 1973-2007”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#7 Jul 22, 2011
honey wrote:
Just wondering... do men like strong , opinionted women who stay true to their beliefs?, see i am strong and opinionated on certian things, like i need respect, that's all i ask for, i love with all my heart, but there's a fire inside me, i can be a fighter and i stand up for what i believe in, and i stand up for the innocent and the people who can't stand up for themselves
Example: i see someone being mean to someone else for no reason, i stand up for them.
Example: a man says a womans' place is in the kitchen or you can't do that your just a woman, now make me a sandwhich woman
Me: nope i can be anything i wanna be; and only if you say please :)
I mean i like making whoever i'm with happy but i will not be pushed around or treated badly and stay, i have self respect and know what i deserve.
I'm a lot like this too. Throw in a stubborn streak and the fastest way for hubby (or anyone else for that matter) to get me to do something was to tell me I couldn't. We're married, it's a 50/50 thing, he is not my boss. He grew up in a household where his dad was the boss so he just had to learn, and he did, eventually.=)

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#8 Jul 22, 2011
Mine says that is why he married me.

NMG
Level 4

Since: Feb 11

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#9 Jul 22, 2011
I agree with post #5.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#10 Jul 22, 2011
This is a little off topic ..
but related.

On a news report recently,
a top Irish female journalist was in Saudi Arabia,
on business
being widely traveled, she knew 'how'
to dress there, and, to the best of her
ability observed the dress code, long
dress, veil covering head/shoulders etc.

On one occasion, as she was going into
some place of worship .. sightseeing,
she said she felt something pinching
her legs sharply around her ankles, when she went to
investigate, here was a male member of the dress code police
... slashing her ankles with
a thin stick, telling her
'Get out, you cannot come in here with ankles
exposed like that'! OMG!! just imagine!

She said she had SUCH an over-whelming desire to
tell him to 'something**** OFF' Ha ha ha!

His behaviour towards this lady -
who was doing her best to dress in accordance with
THEIR rules,
was the very same as what farmers do here when herding cattle
in the gate at milking time! LOL!

TG, I am living 'here'
IF I were living overthere
I would be in jail for 'disobedience'
every other day,
as I'm strong willed..
well.. kinda my own woman..

Well!!
Goodness, gracious me! lol

“I only have”

Level 2

Since: Mar 11

enough for me

#11 Jul 22, 2011
nope. Men want women who like drigs, and boooze, and sex.
DILF

Medford, NY

#12 Jul 22, 2011
Always Wary wrote:
Mine says that is why he married me.
Man you must have really beat him down.....lol

(Just kidding!!!)

“...2015...”

Since: Jun 08

....comin' right up!........

#13 Jul 22, 2011
Let's deconstruct the question highlighting the subject of this discussion...a quest for the answer, if you will...

Men...like....women....

Thank you for stopping by, and remember - stay hydrated!

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Coxsackie, NY

#14 Jul 22, 2011
Grace Nerissa wrote:
This is a little off topic ..
but related.
On a news report recently,
a top Irish female journalist was in Saudi Arabia,
on business
being widely traveled, she knew 'how'
to dress there, and, to the best of her
ability observed the dress code, long
dress, veil covering head/shoulders etc.
On one occasion, as she was going into
some place of worship .. sightseeing,
she said she felt something pinching
her legs sharply around her ankles, when she went to
investigate, here was a male member of the dress code police
... slashing her ankles with
a thin stick, telling her
'Get out, you cannot come in here with ankles
exposed like that'! OMG!! just imagine!
She said she had SUCH an over-whelming desire to
tell him to 'something**** OFF' Ha ha ha!
His behaviour towards this lady -
who was doing her best to dress in accordance with
THEIR rules,
was the very same as what farmers do here when herding cattle
in the gate at milking time! LOL!
TG, I am living 'here'
IF I were living overthere
I would be in jail for 'disobedience'
every other day,
as I'm strong willed..
well.. kinda my own woman..
Well!!
Goodness, gracious me! lol
I would be dead, but I would take a couple of those out with me.

“He's back!!”

Level 2

Since: Jul 11

Bel Air, MD

#15 Jul 22, 2011
Oneluckygal wrote:
I do have to laugh at the example of the sammich. I knew a chick who would actually cut out the heart of the watermelon, de-seed it for him, and she would just eat the edges of the thing. Sad really, she didn't think that she was worthy of the best of anything.
For the record, mind telling us what you're worthy of? Did you make it there yet??

“Here comes the big one!”

Level 6

Since: Sep 10

Miami, FL

#16 Jul 22, 2011
Those are the BEST kind. If you don't believe in something, you'll fall for anything. Just look at my son Lamont, the big dummy!
DILFuscious

Medford, NY

#17 Jul 22, 2011
Oneluckygal wrote:
It depends on how much of a man he is. A little man is threatened by a strong woman. A true man will love and respect you for it.
I understand your point.....BUT

I prefer a women to be opinionated of course, but there is a limit to the "strongness" that I have...... Women (and men) that are too opinionated, or too strong or both (yikes) are a turn off to me. I prefer a more librarian type woman who contains herself....and that is NOT a sign of weakness, she may very well be opinionated but also a bit less "in your face"..... Sometimes keeping ones lips sealed says more than opening them and turning someone off...

But hey, that's just me.....

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#18 Jul 22, 2011
DILF wrote:
<quoted text>
Man you must have really beat him down.....lol
(Just kidding!!!)
HAHAHAHAHAHA You do make me laugh!

If you only knew him, he is beyond stubborn. He just likes that I will stand my ground. He says he never wanted a wife that would agree with him all the time, so we disagree most of the time :P

Level 2

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#19 Jul 22, 2011
Noone wants to deal with women who'/s opinins are stupid and undecated. Tatoos, good grief, they vote.

“I'm not listening.”

Level 9

Since: Feb 10

Coxsackie, NY

#20 Jul 22, 2011
DILFuscious wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your point.....BUT
I prefer a women to be opinionated of course, but there is a limit to the "strongness" that I have...... Women (and men) that are too opinionated, or too strong or both (yikes) are a turn off to me. I prefer a more librarian type woman who contains herself....and that is NOT a sign of weakness, she may very well be opinionated but also a bit less "in your face"..... Sometimes keeping ones lips sealed says more than opening them and turning someone off...
But hey, that's just me.....
Hummm... Very interesting answer there. So you think she should have an opinion, yet not speak it? LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 109
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min Jennifer Renee 7,834
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min DanFromSmithville 134,675
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min Shaddup 37,795
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 5 min wichita-rick 336
True or False Game 7 min mr goodwrench 1,317
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min Crazy Beautiful 26,032
"I love it!" what about you? 12 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 33 min Crazy Beautiful 152,907
Is it possible to....... 54 min Brandiiiiiiii 616
More from around the web