Should the Democrats do more to reach...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#104 Jun 19, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
And as far as the "corporate tax" goes those
damn corps manage to get out of paying.
Literally GE AND Exxon both got tax rebates.
Rebates for gods sake. Exxon brought in millions
in the first quarter......and they got a Rebate!
There is something really wrong with that.
And who does GE support? Obama. People have the wrong idea that big companies are for Republicans. Companies are for who every writes the tax laws in their favor. Congress looked pretty stupid going after Apple for not paying millions in taxes. They were merely following the laws of Ireland and America. Those so called loopholes are not loopholes. They were written that way for a purpose. You will never have a fair tax until they repeal Federal income tax and go to a federal sales tax

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#105 Jun 19, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I did hear that Denny and it was horrible but thats not the norm.
I'm Prp- Choice you know that but for me and most of us that are it means It's available, safe and RARE!!
The gov. has no business telling a woman what she can do with her body.
Who would feed those 50 million Denny? The taxpayers because the women who wanted them aborted would just turn themover to the state.
If only it was rare. I have no problem with early abortion it is when the baby is moving around that I have a problem with

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#106 Jun 19, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Working at any wage gives you more than just money.
Sure it does.

A full time minimum wage worker in Wisconsin working will earn $290.00 per week, or $15,080.00 per year. Wisconsin's minimum wage rate as of June, 2013 is $7.25 per hour.

The maximum amount that one is entitled to with regards to unemployment benefits in Wisconsin is $363 per week.

Sitting at home gives me $73 more per week. That is more.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#107 Jun 19, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
My great grandma was Cherokee and my husbands
grandmother was Crow.
My grandfather ate a lot of crow - does that count?

***disclaimer: the above post was meant solely as entertainment and not bigotted or sexual in nature in any way, shape or fashion***

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#108 Jun 19, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does.
A full time minimum wage worker in Wisconsin working will earn $290.00 per week, or $15,080.00 per year. Wisconsin's minimum wage rate as of June, 2013 is $7.25 per hour.
The maximum amount that one is entitled to with regards to unemployment benefits in Wisconsin is $363 per week.
Sitting at home gives me $73 more per week. That is more.
A full time worker in Wisconsin making $290.00 per week would only be entitled to $186 per week in unemployment benes.

http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uiben/calculator_wbr...

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#109 Jun 19, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does.
A full time minimum wage worker in Wisconsin working will earn $290.00 per week, or $15,080.00 per year. Wisconsin's minimum wage rate as of June, 2013 is $7.25 per hour.
The maximum amount that one is entitled to with regards to unemployment benefits in Wisconsin is $363 per week.
Sitting at home gives me $73 more per week. That is more.
There is the problem.
$290 a week, 320 w/overtime.
$1280 a month.

Rent (for a crappy apt)$450-500
Utilities $175 electric, 190 gas, 85 water,
69 sewage,$45 trash.
Food: A fam of 4 uses about $150 weekly
(not counting any extras like take out or
fresh/healthy food)
Gas (for the hoopty they are driving b/c they
can't afford car pmts)$100 a month as long
as they don't go anywhere b/s work and the
groc. store.

What does that come to?
More than he makes even w/ot.
And things like day care, diapers, clothes,
or luxuries like furniture aren't even included.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#110 Jun 19, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandfather ate a lot of crow - does that count?
***disclaimer: the above post was meant solely as entertainment and not bigotted or sexual in nature in any way, shape or fashion***
LOL

Sounds sexual to me;)

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#111 Jun 19, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>If only it was rare. I have no problem with early abortion it is when the baby is moving around that I have a problem with
I disagree w/late term abortions.

I think that it should only be done up
to 12 weeks. After that, it's my opinion, it's too late.

“Hello Trump”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#112 Jun 19, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry about Crain. He's probably on another thread right now claiming those hospitals closed because of fears about Obamacare. The reality is that if a hospital can't make a living off of $200 aspirins they don't deserve to be in business!
You DO know why they charge $200.00 for those aspirin,right?

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#113 Jun 19, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
We were all "illegal" at one time or another - not all "illegals" are in this country to sell drugs and shoot at tourists.
How about this, Einstien?
In order to qualify for welfare benefits, you need to have a 40-hour a week job - no ifs, ands or buts. Can't work? Tough luck - you're screwed. Let's stop giving away government benefits to the people who won't work first.(On a side note we will have a new business sector opening up as a result of this idea - homeless eradication)
Stop social security and Medicare completely - if you're too old or disabled, f*ck off and die.
You simply can't cut government benefits off at the knees for one segment and hope everything else cures itself. Government has never worked that way. You simply cannot flip a light switch and hope the problem goes away. Immigrant labor is an evil necessity in this country. Giving them a very good reason to stay home would ruin an already fragile economy in this country.
It's a trickle down effect.
When my ancestors were "illegal", there was no such thing as welfare. That makes a big difference. Let me also say that we can ill afford spending on illegal aliens at a time when our national debt is spiraling out of control.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#114 Jun 19, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
A full time worker in Wisconsin making $290.00 per week would only be entitled to $186 per week in unemployment benes.
http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uiben/calculator_wbr...
I would be more inclined to believe what you have posted herethan what you responded to. I know of no state that pays higher amounts for unemployment than what a worker averaged for whatever base period was used to compute unemployment benefits.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#115 Jun 19, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
There is the problem.
$290 a week, 320 w/overtime.
$1280 a month.
Rent (for a crappy apt)$450-500
Utilities $175 electric, 190 gas, 85 water,
69 sewage,$45 trash.
Food: A fam of 4 uses about $150 weekly
(not counting any extras like take out or
fresh/healthy food)
Gas (for the hoopty they are driving b/c they
can't afford car pmts)$100 a month as long
as they don't go anywhere b/s work and the
groc. store.
What does that come to?
More than he makes even w/ot.
And things like day care, diapers, clothes,
or luxuries like furniture aren't even included.
If your point is that the minimum wage should be raised, I will be inclined to agree.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#116 Jun 19, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree w/late term abortions.
I think that it should only be done up
to 12 weeks. After that, it's my opinion, it's too late.
I oppose abortion entirely, but I also realize that we realistically cannot expect any rollbacks in abortion rights.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#117 Jun 19, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>If your point is that the minimum wage should be raised, I will be inclined to agree.
Yes, that was the point.

I think ppl gloss over how bad it is
for the "working poor." Which is what
a huge portion of the country is dealing
with.
I don't like hearing ppl say that others
Like welfare. Who would like recieving
such a small amt of money a month? Enough
to stay alive but that's about it.
They don't have lots of extras.

As for abortion......it's a necessary evil.
With over 7 billion ppl on the planet we are
in danger of mass starvation as it is.
And if you've ever had to work w/unwanted kids
you might change your mind about it.
What would be worse.....being beaten to death by
a stepfather at 15 months (after 15 months of
neglect and physical abuse) or never having been
born?

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#118 Jun 19, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>When my ancestors were "illegal", there was no such thing as welfare. That makes a big difference. Let me also say that we can ill afford spending on illegal aliens at a time when our national debt is spiraling out of control.
You make a lot of sense when you want to.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#119 Jun 19, 2013
THEY and THE REPUBLICANS...should concentrate on PULLING our TROOPS Home from the WARS...to guard OUR Borders..

LET all the foreign countries HANDLE their OWN Affairs...

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#120 Jun 19, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a lot of sense when you want to.
Perhaps we both can refrain from the side shows and concentrate on serious problems like welfare costs for illegals.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#121 Jun 19, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
THEY and THE REPUBLICANS...should concentrate on PULLING our TROOPS Home from the WARS...to guard OUR Borders..
LET all the foreign countries HANDLE their OWN Affairs...
I would love to agree with you, buit I just can't . Yes, we never should have been in Iraq.. Afghanistan, however, was an entirely different situation. Before we drove the Taliban from power, that country was aiding and abetting terrorism vs. the U.S. It is not always possible to withdraw from the rest of the world militarily.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#122 Jun 20, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
A full time worker in Wisconsin making $290.00 per week would only be entitled to $186 per week in unemployment benes.
http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uiben/calculator_wbr...
You completely missed my point - work it the other way around. If I was pulling in the maximum in unemployment, what incentive would push me back to work on a job that paid minimum wage?

Think it through next time - think it through.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#123 Jun 20, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>When my ancestors were "illegal", there was no such thing as welfare. That makes a big difference. Let me also say that we can ill afford spending on illegal aliens at a time when our national debt is spiraling out of control.
You're so full of sh*t - it is constantly leaking out your ears.

Business after the turn of the last century in the US was booming in the United States. Manufacturing was at an all time high - there were jobs for everyone. Many immigrants settled in cities and started their own businesses. Many others had American sponsers that took entire families under their wings - they...didn't...need...welfare .

The 1920s was a period of vigorous, vital economic growth. It marks the first truly modern decade and dramatic economic developments are found during those years.

There was the rapid adoption of the automobile to the detriment of passenger rail travel. Though suburbs had been growing since the late nineteenth century their growth had been tied to rail or trolley access and this was limited to the largest cities. The flexibility of car access changed this and the growth of suburbs began to accelerate.

The demands of trucks and cars led to a rapid growth in the construction of all-weather surfaced roads to facilitate their movement. The rapidly expanding electric utility networks led to new consumer appliances and new types of lighting and heating for homes and businesses.

The introduction of the radio, radio stations, and commercial radio networks began to break up rural isolation, as did the expansion of local and long-distance telephone communications. Recreational activities such as traveling, going to movies, and professional sports became major businesses.

The period saw major innovations in business organization and manufacturing technology. The Federal Reserve System first tested its powers and the United States moved to a dominant position in international trade and global business.

Real GNP growth during the 1920s was relatively rapid, 4.2 percent a year from 1920 to 1929 according to the most widely used estimates.(Historical Statistics of the United States, or HSUS, 1976) Real GNP per capita grew 2.7 percent per year between 1920 and 1929. By both nineteenth and twentieth century standards these were relatively rapid rates of real economic growth and they would be considered rapid even today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raccoon jumps on moving Colorado police van, ta... 5 min Rocky 2
#Things You DON'T Want To Hear# 8 min razz58 60
True False Game (Jun '11) 14 min razz58 15,567
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 27 min Crazy Jae 9,441
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 32 min Rosa 27,345
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. (Oct '16) 40 min Parden Pard 3,755
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 48 min tiger_-_dad 6,050
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 1 hr Parden Pard 2,334
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 1 hr Parden Pard 766
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Proud To Be Trina 223,357
More from around the web