|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

NeverMissed wrote:
Evening El, RMQ, DW,
It was nice talking pets with you. I think we should start a thread.
:)
Hello Grace and the rest of the friends.
Good to see everyone. I've been silly elsewhere on this forum.
Now I am getting sleepy.
Make it a Great night!
1946 - The year mom and dad were born.
Good evening, NM ... haven't seen you around in awhile and now you're getting sleepy ... I'm trying to stay awake long enough to see Mick and Keith, LOL ... I talk enough about Pooh Bear and Jax and you want to start a pet thread ... I'd get thrown off topville, LOL ... your mom and and dad born in '46 ... geesh, gal ... I'm almost old enough to be your mom, hahaha WAIT, that ain't funny >>grins<< I said ALMOST ... not quite ... kind of like horseshoes ... have a birthday coming in February ... don't feel old at all ... If you're going to sleep then sweet dreams ... good night, dream light zzzzzzzzzzzzz FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

About the suicide nurse ... it truly is a sad situation and I feel bad for the children, husband, immediate and extended family ... there were deeper issues with the nurse than meets the eye ... the practical joke just pushed her over the edge ... and, when in this world, does a woman have to be treated in a hospital for morning sickness for a pregnancy?... Maybe there is something I do not understand ... Okay, I've never had any children so I obviously I would not understand ... Maybe someone could enlighten me ... The ladies here who have experienced this situation morning sickness ... maybe I don't have the whole story the illness which led Kate Middleton's treatment at the hospital ...
Anyone?...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in the USA there is a show called Impractical Jokers. Stupid, silly, inane, and then some. We watched it once and thought that if anyone wanted to do that where we frequent, someone WILL get a fat lip!
These guys are beyond rude behavior and they think it is funny.
I have always hated the idea of practical jokes .. I was not supporting them with my previous comment .. I was just pointing out that it is very rare for a practical joke to lead to a suicide ...

But I do know that victems of practical jokes resent the people who did it to them, people have lost freindships over them, people have had falling out with family over them ...

Some people consider them "sport" and some people think it develops a tough skin ...

I say, why inflict hurt on purpose? People who do practical jokes are just a wee bit sadistic, IMO

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidy ho, Franko ...
Yo HO HO and a bottle of rum, FC!!!

7586 .... I'll run with that! What should I bet?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
About the suicide nurse ... it truly is a sad situation and I feel bad for the children, husband, immediate and extended family ... there were deeper issues with the nurse than meets the eye ... the practical joke just pushed her over the edge ... and, when in this world, does a woman have to be treated in a hospital for morning sickness for a pregnancy?... Maybe there is something I do not understand ... Okay, I've never had any children so I obviously I would not understand ... Maybe someone could enlighten me ... The ladies here who have experienced this situation morning sickness ... maybe I don't have the whole story the illness which led Kate Middleton's treatment at the hospital ...
Anyone?...
in rare cases it can be quite bad ... here is a link and an excerpt from the article

"Cheryl Harrison, 34, was nine weeks into a planned second pregnancy when she decided she couldn't continue any more, and had a termination. The reason? Morning sickness so severe it made her vomit more than 25 times a day, and left her unable to care for her toddler."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/j...

My wife had it pretty bad but not as bad as this .. but she did book several days off work 3 or 4 times in her first trimester. The second was not so bad but in the third trimester she had regular heartburn .... for the only time in our marriage I was OK with her bitchness while she was pregnant.

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Good Morning everyone,

Well today it's all the twelves > lol

12/12'12 !!!

Happy Day everyone.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Groucho ... I LOVE Cracker Barrel ... I'd hate to have to do inventory in one of those stores ... they have so much "stuff" there ... goodness ... always buy something for my niece and nephew ... they have a lot of stuff, lol ... they're not spoiled or anything ... got their Christmas mailed off today ... whew, glad that's all done ... Happy day to you when you read this ...
Hi FC ! In addition to the great food, I love the store at CB. Who knew the penny candy I enjoyed as a kid is now nostalgic?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Quinny ... I am pleased to tell you that Leigh and I will be attending the Nutcracker on December 15th at 2pm at the Long Center for Performing Arts in Austin ... I was able to get the tickets I was shooting for ... they are PERFECT seating ... great acoustics, great viewing ... am so excited ... oh, to get dressed up, make-up and all for such an event at this time of year for the holidays ... it's just so exciting ... yet again, Leigh rolls her eyes at me ... I have "drag" her out ... I tell her it's only once a year ... she says, "it's EVERY year, Flower" ... she's so funny ... I told her but it's not every year that Keith Richard and Mick Jagger are on Letterman for the TOP TEN so stay up late tonight and watch Letterman ... she just laughs at me, LOL ... I'll be thinking of you Saturday afternoon ...

Hope you've been well ... Take it easy, stay well ... Catch you around the corner ... Laters, Quinny! FC <3 ...
I have no doubt you'll enjoy the production and isn't always nice to get 'prettied up' once in a while?!? Keith and Mick? Wow! Sadly these days I'm not staying up late enough to catch Letterman. Where's TiVo when I need it?

Enjoy! And I'm glad to hear you're doing so much better health wise. That's fantastic news...
Tootles - Quinny

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
Anyone?...
I'll admit I've never had children but my understanding from friends is that morning sickness is not just in the morning and some women experience it throughout the entire pregnancy.

Pure speculation but it is also my understanding the miscarriage is quite common in the first trimester. Perhaps there was something of greater concern than morning sickness. Some things should still be kept private even for celebrities and heads of state.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

franko wrote:
<quoted text>I have always hated the idea of practical jokes .. I was not supporting them with my previous comment .. I was just pointing out that it is very rare for a practical joke to lead to a suicide ...

But I do know that victems of practical jokes resent the people who did it to them, people have lost freindships over them, people have had falling out with family over them ...

Some people consider them "sport" and some people think it develops a tough skin ...

I say, why inflict hurt on purpose? People who do practical jokes are just a wee bit sadistic, IMO
I would agree with you. Sometimes one man's joke is another man's insult....or worse.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

franko wrote:
<quoted text>in rare cases it can be quite bad ... here is a link and an excerpt from the article

"Cheryl Harrison, 34, was nine weeks into a planned second pregnancy when she decided she couldn't continue any more, and had a termination. The reason? Morning sickness so severe it made her vomit more than 25 times a day, and left her unable to care for her toddler."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/j...

My wife had it pretty bad but not as bad as this .. but she did book several days off work 3 or 4 times in her first trimester. The second was not so bad but in the third trimester she had regular heartburn .... for the only time in our marriage I was OK with her bitchness while she was pregnant.
Yet another reason why if men had to endure pregnancy the human race would be extinct!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Always a fresh pot of coffee going Falcon....
Now what are you doing bringing your own skillet, lol,
the kitchen has state of the art cookware...I dry fry
the bacon in the ridged skillet, about the time the
sausage are five minutes of being cooked through....
actually just finished dinner here so can barely think of
food just now!
Found a pic taken at a vintage car display a few years ago,
I think I sent you one at the time? My problem, I cannot
identify the vehice...I will put it on my avatar and hope perhaps you or somebody else will come to the aid of the party!
You can always e-mail it to me... If you forgot my e-mail addy, I could send it in a PM...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
had breakfast food for lunch this day, ummmm ummmm
Nice avatar pic, Falcon!
Love the Falcon!!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cracker Barrel? Did someone mention Cracker Barrel? I love the hash brown casserole!
'morning Groucho! Pleased to know you.
Good day Quinn! I could have Cracker barrel ANY day of the week... and I'll nearly always order breakfast!!!! And the cinnamon apples, real maple syrup for your pancakes... Marion blackberry preserves... and damn good coffee to boot! There's one maybe 20 miles from my place...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Groucho ... I LOVE Cracker Barrel ... I'd hate to have to do inventory in one of those stores ... they have so much "stuff" there ... goodness ... always buy something for my niece and nephew ... they have a lot of stuff, lol ... they're not spoiled or anything ... got their Christmas mailed off today ... whew, glad that's all done ... Happy day to you when you read this ...
Have a splendid day yourself, FC! I got into GH after some of the charactors from One life to live came over... things have been a bit more interesting since then. Since i've been back to work, I don't see it until 9 pm eastern time.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, Not a Luke and Laura fan ... never was, never will ... Laura is on the Young and the Restless now ... she sure isn't a very good actress ... wasn't on the GH either from what I saw ... No, Jax is named after Jax on Sons of Anarchy ... Jackson Teller Morrow ... bad to the bone, Jax! Yeah, that one! LOL ... Do you watch it?...
Yes, I've seen it... There aren't that many 'Jax' out there, and I figured I'd take a shot...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Grace Nerissa wrote:
Good Morning everyone,
Well today it's all the twelves > lol
12/12'12 !!!
Happy Day everyone.
Good day my Dear grace!!

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Hello El. Your weather sounds like ours today. Below freezing again
'Lo Denny...well it's 3 degrees at the moment (36F) and not
unpleasant, I went down to the village earlier and one side
of the road was white where the sun had not shone, the other
side green, I should hate to live in the houses on the white
side...brrr. So you might have snow around Christmas there?...:)

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Groucho AKA Falcon 68 wrote:
<quoted text>Good day my Dear grace!!
Hi Falcon, warm wishes,

When I saw you around, I thought
I just must send this..
dyu remember when we had all the fun
back on '07, I wrote this back then
for the fun, I omitted any other
names making allowances for situations
that change over time.

Enjoy..

ODE to Falcon..
by Grace Nerissa:

" Falcon rises early, he's up with the lark,
opens the office 6.30pm sharp

Goes on line to see what's new
While the kettle's getting ready
For a nice pot of brew.

'X' his princess reigns supreme,
She has poor Falcon locked in a dream.

He has other 'cyber' girlfriends,
Amongst them El and Vee...
Vee lines up he jokes whilst El provides the tea!

He charms us with srories of fancy fast cars-
music - movies and yesterday's stars.

Falcon has to work a very long day,
Sometimes he has to
for a little extra pay.

But late in the afternoon he closes up shop
Saying "Goodnight' lovely ladies,
I'm off before I drop!

When he goes home, the wife makes tea
And says >

'Hey! Here! listen, lad
now it's YOU and ME'

"QUIT your dreaming
of those ladies on he Net
or I'll give you a SLAP you won't forget !

AND what is this?
You're sulking
You haven't said a word??"

"NO" said Falcon!

"IM JUST SHAKEN ... NOT STIRRED''!!

Then he relaxes with a drink or two
And listens to his music -
- old and the new.

That brings us nicely to another day's end
In the life of James Bond/Falcon >
Our CHERISHED cyber friend(:"

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeee TWOSday, El, Grace, Quinn, Deer Whisperer, Tony, etc etc etc. El and Grace, I have been following the story of those 2 DJS who pranked on that nurse. Lots of stories surfacing and in my opinion, she killed herself,lf because she took her job very seriously. Having betrayed a confidence, through no fault of her own, but she was devestated from the results. in the New York Post the DJS were quite stoic, having said that to kill herself over a joke, it had to be more then that, a troubled past, emotional issues, and I do not agree with their assessment. They got suspended but they need to get more then that. Just my opinion. Hope all animals are doing great, El, are you sick of the Macaroni and Cheese yet? ha ha ha.
Vee...as you say...also because she may not have recognised a truly
bad impression of the English accent, herself being Indian, but it
says a lot for her, that she was sufficiently conscientious to take
it to heart, although it was hardly worth her life, that had to be the straw which broke the camel's back.
I think it's terrible the manner in which the dj's are being held responsible, as everything they did was recorded first, and passed by a higher authority. They are taking the rap imo.
Mac Cheese? Santa musta forgot! Just as well, I have completely gone off the idea now, homemade tastes better after all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••