“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19733 Dec 11, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>chipping in here...hope you don't mind {{{Cuz Luke}}}

another take or two on 'walking' a small dog in this manner...
I had the most beautiful coat once upon a time, the shawl collar was
black Astrakhan...I would take my beautiful poodles out and the toy
one being so small, would snuggle inside my coat, mingling in with the collar which was undistinguishable from his own fur.
This was great if I took a bus ride, as, the fare for a dog is that
of an adult, but the conductor never did see her! Ludicrous to pay full fare for a scrap of a dog.

More recently, when we went for long walks, P would take advantage of using his motorised scooter which we kept in the boot. Our little
Yorkie..all of 5 lbs in weight...would love to ride in his basket...
many is the person who stopped to take pics of her as she sat there like a Queen!....:)
Imagine a passerby seeing your coat collar move....and then yelp!

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#19734 Dec 11, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cracker Barrel? Did someone mention Cracker Barrel? I love the hash brown casserole!
'morning Groucho! Pleased to know you.
Hey! Hash Brown casserole! Recipe please,(when you have
time).
Just popped in from Grace's Christmas song thread...saw you here,
safe journey this morning to work, and have a brilliant day....)

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#19735 Dec 11, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
...:) Telling the conductor 'I will set my collar on you' haha
I remember so well putting the other little dog, the miniature poodle
on the seat next to me, and telling the conductor I had paid for that seat...the things you do when you are young!
Would I do the same now....well yes.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#19736 Dec 11, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Good AM
Yes very frosty here too,
I was all ready to go up near the mountains
to a quaint shopping mall and walk the dog after,
in the hills...
but my plans were dashed, it would be dangerous,
and far too slippery,
but I am sure many folks have FAR BIGGER worries LOL!
Good for YOU El,
not changing your mind re the turkey!
The last posts here are lovely to read,
I saw mention of 'Tchaikovsky'
A very fine composer indeed, I agree,
but my own favourite has always been Mozart,
thought this would be nice for the thread,
being near Christmas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4ug0PYot-mEXX
and, being so near I must away again
and do a few bits, I'm going to
France immed after Xmas,
to where my son lives, it was like
a fairytale there last Christmas,
he lives in rural France, mistletoe trees,
around his house!
I look forward to that so much.
Christmas creeps up [doesn't it] and I can
so easily be sidetracked into something
unrelated, like firing the ball upstairs
Ali catching it at the top and letting it
bop down step by step! which she loves and does accurately,I taught her that -
the nearest thing we have between us to a game of tennis! LOL
Good day to everyone of the fine regulars here.
It certainly does Grace...creep up quickly that is...

meanwhile I am throwing a ball up the stairs for Rosie,
just screwed up tin foil, she 'fetches' it back.
She also has a ping pong ball for in the kitchen where it can bounce. Gotta keep them amused this weather!

Interesting link above, thanks.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#19737 Dec 11, 2012
Happeeeeeee TWOSday, El, Grace, Quinn, Deer Whisperer, Tony, etc etc etc. El and Grace, I have been following the story of those 2 DJS who pranked on that nurse. Lots of stories surfacing and in my opinion, she killed herself,lf because she took her job very seriously. Having betrayed a confidence, through no fault of her own, but she was devestated from the results. in the New York Post the DJS were quite stoic, having said that to kill herself over a joke, it had to be more then that, a troubled past, emotional issues, and I do not agree with their assessment. They got suspended but they need to get more then that. Just my opinion. Hope all animals are doing great, El, are you sick of the Macaroni and Cheese yet? ha ha ha.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#19738 Dec 11, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly does Grace...creep up quickly that is...
meanwhile I am throwing a ball up the stairs for Rosie,
just screwed up tin foil, she 'fetches' it back.
She also has a ping pong ball for in the kitchen where it can bounce. Gotta keep them amused this weather!
Interesting link above, thanks.
Hello El. Your weather sounds like ours today. Below freezing again

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#19739 Dec 11, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
oops...that's P's 22nd great-grandfather.
who's counting?
Linda the lonely widow

Plainfield, IL

#19740 Dec 11, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>who's counting?
OH,look one of the gayboys are hiding out here

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#19741 Dec 11, 2012
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeee TWOSday, El, Grace, Quinn, Deer Whisperer, Tony, etc etc etc. El and Grace, I have been following the story of those 2 DJS who pranked on that nurse. Lots of stories surfacing and in my opinion, she killed herself,lf because she took her job very seriously. Having betrayed a confidence, through no fault of her own, but she was devestated from the results. in the New York Post the DJS were quite stoic, having said that to kill herself over a joke, it had to be more then that, a troubled past, emotional issues, and I do not agree with their assessment. They got suspended but they need to get more then that. Just my opinion. Hope all animals are doing great, El, are you sick of the Macaroni and Cheese yet? ha ha ha.
Interesting post Vee,
re the two DJ's... yes indeed it has gone
right round the world and they are devastated,
especially the female who cannot stop crying,
the interviewer said to her
"you know you might have to appear at the
inquest, then you'll have to face her whole family'

she replied
"I'll do ANYTHING it takes if it helps"

I really think they're getting very bad press even
threats, like you say, Vee,
there MUST HAVE BEEN other issues..
and question answers itself,
the 2 DJ's were out for a quick laugh,
and if they had the least idea it would end in such
tragedy the wouldn't have gone near it!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#19742 Dec 11, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting post Vee,
re the two DJ's... yes indeed it has gone
right round the world and they are devastated,
especially the female who cannot stop crying,
the interviewer said to her
"you know you might have to appear at the
inquest, then you'll have to face her whole family'
she replied
"I'll do ANYTHING it takes if it helps"
I really think they're getting very bad press even
threats, like you say, Vee,
there MUST HAVE BEEN other issues..
and question answers itself,
the 2 DJ's were out for a quick laugh,
and if they had the least idea it would end in such
tragedy the wouldn't have gone near it!
I read an article that looked into the consequences of practical jokes. for exmpae thre have eben entire shows on TV that were all about practical jokes (Candid Camera).... there is no record of anyone commiting suicide over a practical joke. Somehow this is a confluence of various factors that must have combined to make this woman feel like her life should end over this ... maybe depression, maybe cultural aspects, etc etc.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#19743 Dec 11, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I read an article that looked into the consequences of practical jokes. for exmpae thre have eben entire shows on TV that were all about practical jokes (Candid Camera).... there is no record of anyone commiting suicide over a practical joke. Somehow this is a confluence of various factors that must have combined to make this woman feel like her life should end over this ... maybe depression, maybe cultural aspects, etc etc.
Here in the USA there is a show called Impractical Jokers. Stupid, silly, inane, and then some. We watched it once and thought that if anyone wanted to do that where we frequent, someone WILL get a fat lip!
These guys are beyond rude behavior and they think it is funny.

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Farmington, MI

#19744 Dec 11, 2012
Evening El, RMQ, DW,

It was nice talking pets with you. I think we should start a thread.

:)

Hello Grace and the rest of the friends.

Good to see everyone. I've been silly elsewhere on this forum.
Now I am getting sleepy.

Make it a Great night!

1946 - The year mom and dad were born.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#19745 Dec 11, 2012
Groucho AKA Falcon 68 wrote:
<quoted text>When I do a drive by the mickey D's, it's usually for a sausage mcmuffin with egg... Yep, I love breakfast at any time... My fave place to go is Cracker Barrel...
Hi Groucho ... I LOVE Cracker Barrel ... I'd hate to have to do inventory in one of those stores ... they have so much "stuff" there ... goodness ... always buy something for my niece and nephew ... they have a lot of stuff, lol ... they're not spoiled or anything ... got their Christmas mailed off today ... whew, glad that's all done ... Happy day to you when you read this ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#19746 Dec 11, 2012
Groucho AKA Falcon 68 wrote:
<quoted text>Groucho Marx wasn't exactly grouchy... More sarcastic tha anything else. He got that nick-name because in the days before wallets were popular, he wore what was called a 'grouch bag' around his neck to keep money and valuables. Jax?? He isn't named after... Nah... not Jax from General Hospital?
Nope, Not a Luke and Laura fan ... never was, never will ... Laura is on the Young and the Restless now ... she sure isn't a very good actress ... wasn't on the GH either from what I saw ... No, Jax is named after Jax on Sons of Anarchy ... Jackson Teller Morrow ... bad to the bone, Jax! Yeah, that one! LOL ... Do you watch it?...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#19747 Dec 11, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Afternoon Flower....not since I teased Falcon about making y'all's
breakfast, lol...you know I make a very mean Full English and you are welcome any ol' time.
We are fine here thanks for asking, I'm glad you at least SOUND to be much better....we have these ups and downs, and so long as we know, we WILL recover we will be alright.
Had some issues with my neck (pain in the neck) lol, but it has
gone easier thankfully...
Glad to see you hun...luvya..<3
By the time you get this Lady El ... it will be morning as it is 2124 on Tuesday night ... I am very well, thank you! FINALLY!... Have been doing a full workout at the gym back to 3-4 times a week, cardio, weight machines and free weights ... all is good ... no running out of breath or anything like that ... dropped by docs today to pick up an unrelated prescription and she checked my lungs quickly and it's all good!... Thank you for your concern ... Now, what's this about a pain in YOUR neck?... Did you sleep wrong or something? Is is chronic neck pain from earlier years? Hope it resolves itself soon ... I had the neck fusion at C5-6 3/11/11 so I'll have the chronic neck thing but I find the exercise helps a lot ... when it acts up moist heat helps ... I also have a TENS unit 2011 model which I love ... haven't had to use it since my auto injury of 8/7/11 resolved and then the slip and fall on the marble fall of 5/5/12 resolved ... man, I'm just an accident waiting to happen, huh?... goodness, lol ... Hope you get to feeling better ... I went looking for Boardwalk Empire yesterday and I guess last week was the season finale ... Season finale of Sons of Anarchy last week, too ... Justified is season premiere is next month so at least have that to look forward to ... Hope your Wednesday is a good one ... Hope P is well and the kittens are spry and looking good, too! Enjoy your day and have a smile on me ... Love and arms around you! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#19748 Dec 11, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening, dear FC. Yep, got that arctic blast here today as well. The north wind is biting, no sun, had a few snow flurries this afternoon. That wind chill factor is now about 20F or probably below that now this evening. brrrr.. chill ...freeze
About the same for tomorrow, but a slight warming in the next few days of the week.
Hello and good evening deer Luke ... It has been a blast having this cold weather ... It has been in the 50's during the day, dry and sunny ... running around in t-shirt and leggings, socks and tennis shoes ... to the gym, running errands, shopping ... don't even need a jacket or sweater unless you're in the shade ... the tourists wear their coats, scarves and ear muffs, lol ... you can tell ... winter usually doesn't hit til January or Februay ... it's been really nice ... it did get to 25 the night before, and 29 last night ... suppose to get to 29 tonight again ... should warm up by weeks end ... 70's by Saturday ... We have summer and winter ... all in the same week ... that is Texas weather, LOL ... Say hello to Paula for me and yall take care and be safe! Peace~FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#19749 Dec 11, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was fabulous and beautiful and amazing! I don't tire of it either and I love Tchaikovsky's music. Another something we have in common.
Two years ago I saw it.....in complete silence. My beagle destroyed my hearing device. At least the ballet was very visually based, I just missed the music!
;-)
Hi Quinny ... I am pleased to tell you that Leigh and I will be attending the Nutcracker on December 15th at 2pm at the Long Center for Performing Arts in Austin ... I was able to get the tickets I was shooting for ... they are PERFECT seating ... great acoustics, great viewing ... am so excited ... oh, to get dressed up, make-up and all for such an event at this time of year for the holidays ... it's just so exciting ... yet again, Leigh rolls her eyes at me ... I have "drag" her out ... I tell her it's only once a year ... she says, "it's EVERY year, Flower" ... she's so funny ... I told her but it's not every year that Keith Richard and Mick Jagger are on Letterman for the TOP TEN so stay up late tonight and watch Letterman ... she just laughs at me, LOL ... I'll be thinking of you Saturday afternoon ...

Hope you've been well ... Take it easy, stay well ... Catch you around the corner ... Laters, Quinny! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#19750 Dec 11, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
chipping in here...hope you don't mind {{{Cuz Luke}}}
another take or two on 'walking' a small dog in this manner...
I had the most beautiful coat once upon a time, the shawl collar was
black Astrakhan...I would take my beautiful poodles out and the toy
one being so small, would snuggle inside my coat, mingling in with the collar which was undistinguishable from his own fur.
This was great if I took a bus ride, as, the fare for a dog is that
of an adult, but the conductor never did see her! Ludicrous to pay full fare for a scrap of a dog.
More recently, when we went for long walks, P would take advantage of using his motorised scooter which we kept in the boot. Our little
Yorkie..all of 5 lbs in weight...would love to ride in his basket...
many is the person who stopped to take pics of her as she sat there like a Queen!....:)
what a cute little story and a lovely little memory ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#19751 Dec 11, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#19752 Dec 11, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>who's counting?
Hidy ho, Franko ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min DanFromSmithville 133,117
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Mega Monster 152,579
I Like..... (Mar '14) 5 min Independent1 504
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 9 min Jesus Latter Day ... 14
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min Jennifer Renee 7,650
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 10 min Doug77 3,995
Leg lamp stolen from New York store's display 13 min Jesus Latter Day ... 6
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 18 min -Lea- 25,765
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 26 min American Werewolves 372
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 31 min toad4754 2,907