Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Groucho AKA Falcon 68 wrote:
<quoted text>Coffee smells splendid El... Fresh pot?
Always a fresh pot of coffee going Falcon....

Now what are you doing bringing your own skillet, lol,
the kitchen has state of the art cookware...I dry fry
the bacon in the ridged skillet, about the time the
sausage are five minutes of being cooked through....
actually just finished dinner here so can barely think of
food just now!

Found a pic taken at a vintage car display a few years ago,
I think I sent you one at the time? My problem, I cannot
identify the vehice...I will put it on my avatar and hope perhaps you or somebody else will come to the aid of the party!

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
believe it was in the original 67# articles of the Magna Carta
1262????????? year
REALLY? Well, I knew it would be ancient, but as old as that?

An interesting law is, it is still legal to use a crossbow here in self-defence.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad, sad ...very sad development. News is that radio hosts have been told not to come to work until further notice.
With some exceptions allowing for the relationships of parties involved, and nature of the prank, I'm not a keen fan of practical jokes. Not at all.
Have seen bits of interviews of the radio pranksters, and they seem to be truly grieved. There future with that radio station must be tentative for their show has been cancelled.

I feel it's right to "voice" for this nurse. She was from India, and had been in G.B./London for about four years. While she only passed on the call to the other nurse -- that hospital not having a receptionist/call screener handling that call -- her sense of duty dedication, and respect of patients and the Royals could very well have been from the emigre factors.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a natural human reaction to personify a poster: for me it depends on how regularly I post with an individual as to whether I do. I certainly don't do it for trolls! Does lead to some amusing mistakes - just found out someone I've exchanged posts with for a while is female not male (she made reference to her husband in a post)! I use my real face, but I can understand why many do not.
As with any non-verbal communication (and some verbal!), misunderstanding can occur. We post very swiftly (or I do at times) which can mean we don't express what we mean to write (and make typos). Thus, we can appear more critcal than we mean to be, or a comment is seen as a criticism when it is not meant in that way. In some cases, posters use language that in the RW, they would not consider saying to someone's face - the anonimity of the keyboard has much for which it should answer. All pretty obvious I guess, but thought I'd chuck in my ten pennyworth.
See you all in six days if I haven't turned into an iceberg on the water!
Safe seas to ya, Captain Tony!

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she has an excellent life and I hope somehow that her previous mom knows.
I'm not sure how aware you are when you leave.
Sorry I missed this one.
Hi! Yeah, no doubt your lovable Ninja Princess Warrior have an excellent life. She's one little cutie there.

When I made the prior post, I was recalling seeing a celebrity/actor in an interview recently. Part of the presentation was taking the dogs for a walk in the neighborhood. One dog was on leash. The other, a Chihuahua, was "riding" along in the person's coat with its head and head sticking out. So I did "life is good" for it.

And dual-purposed "life is good" for you about your posting about your having your loving daughters, a good job you like, and the pets loved and loving back.

Hope you had a good weekend and the week started fine too.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband has never seen it. Me, I love it and never tire of seeing it. It was just beautiful and quite amazing. More to my pleasant shock I could actually hear the dancers' feet pattering on the stage! This was ballet not tap! I was so pleasantly surprised I didn't think that's what I was actually hearing.
Wow Quinny, hearing the foot-falls in a ballet is pretty darn awesome, as well as the ballet performance enjoyed, the venerable "The Nutcracker".

The seasonal lights in the city must be so pretty.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
You could...but I wouldn't answer to it, LOL! I answered this last night btw, left it while I answered the 'phone..then forgot,
just so you know.
Trying to visualise a 45 pound hog. Pretty heavy I imagine.
Hope the hog didn't feel a thing. Welp, I never imagined I would be bringing a calf back to the farm in my pristine car, my long-suffering hubby (Peter) drove, I sat in the back with this gi-normous calf, he in the footwell resting his curly head on my shoulder. We drove through town and would you believe the Mayor was in the main street, I had the window open, he looked in amazement, and I waved at him, and shouted 'Prynoun Dda'(Good Afternoon). He waved back and grinned.
I had been held to ransome in one respect, as Kathy's calf had died in still birth, the farmer buried the calf in view of our lounge window, for three days Kathy had brevvied over the spot, then the farmer dismissed her with a wave of his hadn, saying 'she is barren, she will go to market on Friday'...I pleaded with him to spare her if I bought a calf to take her milk.....
Purely because I knew she wasn't barren, the farmer had been drunk when he should have been keeping an eye on her when she was due.
I helped often on his farm. It was an amazing place, run down, but in it's time the farmhouse had accommodated the King of England, as long ago as Edward 1st.
One day he taught me how to 'attract' the cows to the gate...he told me to shout 'Coooop, Coooop,' repeatedly, and they would come. I tried this, needless to say they didn't respond. Tured round, the farmer was doubled up with laughter.....:)
"It was an amazing place, run down, but in it's time the farmhouse had accommodated the King of England, as long ago as Edward 1st."

Amazing, quite amazing the extent of history of the "old countries".

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Monday morning, Deer Luke ... 80-82 over the last week or so ... We had an arctic cold blast come in overnight ... woke up 0530 at 37 this morning ... LOVE it!... just loved sticking my head out the door this morning you have no idea, crazy huh?... should get down to 25 tonight, yippee ... Hope you and Paula, family and friends are holding up well and are anxious for holiday get togethers ... Have a nice day and chat soon! Peace~FC <3 ...
Good evening, dear FC. Yep, got that arctic blast here today as well. The north wind is biting, no sun, had a few snow flurries this afternoon. That wind chill factor is now about 20F or probably below that now this evening. brrrr.. chill ...freeze

About the same for tomorrow, but a slight warming in the next few days of the week.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

<quoted text>Actually, I meant THIS morning... I like Bob Evans sausage, but my all time favorite is Purnell's Old Folks country sausage. Brought a big ol' cast iron skillet... Coffee smells good... let's have breakfast!
had breakfast food for lunch this day, ummmm ummmm

Nice avatar pic, Falcon!

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Good evening or morning Kitchen-eers, and wishing all a fine Tuesday.

OH, just remembered ....

Saw an auto driving with stylized Christmas reindeer antlers on brackets for securing at tops of closed windows (instead of sports teams booster flags that might be seen often)

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Hope golden slumbers were had, or will be had.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning, Quinny! I just love the Nutcracker Suite and have enjoyed many productions of same ... I never tire of it and it seems to be a staple of each holiday season to come ... Matter of fact it's showing at one of the theaters in a week or two ... I've managed to get some really good tickets at a very fair price ... My neighbor Leigh rolls her eyes every year and says, "really, again ... really?" ... her husband laughs at her and then tells me, "don't look at me, I ain't going" LOL ... It's so easy to take someone right next door because I don't have to run into Austin proper and drag someone out of their home, drop them off, and then come home ... anyway, Hope you enjoyed the show and hope your weekend was otherwise a great one ... FC <3 ...
It was fabulous and beautiful and amazing! I don't tire of it either and I love Tchaikovsky's music. Another something we have in common.

Two years ago I saw it.....in complete silence. My beagle destroyed my hearing device. At least the ballet was very visually based, I just missed the music!
;-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Wow Quinny, hearing the foot-falls in a ballet is pretty darn awesome, as well as the ballet performance enjoyed, the venerable "The Nutcracker".

The seasonal lights in the city must be so pretty.
All little white Italian lights lining Michigan Avenue.

I can do without the snow until the 24th & 25th... then melt on the 26th.

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
"It was an amazing place, run down, but in it's time the farmhouse had accommodated the King of England, as long ago as Edward 1st."
Amazing, quite amazing the extent of history of the "old countries".
And that's just the tip of the iceberg so to speak.

Here we are in the heart of Welsh Wales, where Edward 1st built his castles complete with moats and walled cities, to keep OUT the WELSH
and I have recently traced my husband's line back to Edward 1st. lol
He is his 25th grandfather.

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
All little white Italian lights lining Michigan Avenue.
I can do without the snow until the 24th & 25th... then melt on the 26th.
Sounds just beautiful.

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi! Yeah, no doubt your lovable Ninja Princess Warrior have an excellent life. She's one little cutie there.
When I made the prior post, I was recalling seeing a celebrity/actor in an interview recently. Part of the presentation was taking the dogs for a walk in the neighborhood. One dog was on leash. The other, a Chihuahua, was "riding" along in the person's coat with its head and head sticking out. So I did "life is good" for it.
And dual-purposed "life is good" for you about your posting about your having your loving daughters, a good job you like, and the pets loved and loving back.
chipping in here...hope you don't mind {{{Cuz Luke}}}

another take or two on 'walking' a small dog in this manner...
I had the most beautiful coat once upon a time, the shawl collar was
black Astrakhan...I would take my beautiful poodles out and the toy
one being so small, would snuggle inside my coat, mingling in with the collar which was undistinguishable from his own fur.
This was great if I took a bus ride, as, the fare for a dog is that
of an adult, but the conductor never did see her! Ludicrous to pay full fare for a scrap of a dog.

More recently, when we went for long walks, P would take advantage of using his motorised scooter which we kept in the boot. Our little
Yorkie..all of 5 lbs in weight...would love to ride in his basket...
many is the person who stopped to take pics of her as she sat there like a Queen!....:)

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

oops...that's P's 22nd great-grandfather.

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Good Morning ALL...

no snow this morning but a very heavy frost, glistening
in the Winter's sun just coming up over the mountain.

Well...only a fortnight today until Christmas Day...
everybody read? I am about to start by shopping
this afternoon, and ordering a few 'specials'(not
turkey Grace, I'm adamant) but specials nevertheless.

Wishing everybody here or just looking in, a very good day.

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Lovely post, funny how all doggies love
to stick their heads out the window,
Ali is only entitled to a slit
of open window, as she embarrasses me every time, if she sees anyone
in a wheel-chair or with a walking stick etc,
she wants to give them a fair 'dressing down'!

My son and I were watching this the other night
and got such a kick out of it..

would like to share it here ROFL!

Or should that be RUFF RUFF!

good Day DW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Good AM

Yes very frosty here too,
I was all ready to go up near the mountains
to a quaint shopping mall and walk the dog after,
in the hills...
but my plans were dashed, it would be dangerous,
and far too slippery,
but I am sure many folks have FAR BIGGER worries LOL!

Good for YOU El,
not changing your mind re the turkey!

The last posts here are lovely to read,
I saw mention of 'Tchaikovsky'

A very fine composer indeed, I agree,
but my own favourite has always been Mozart,
thought this would be nice for the thread,
being near Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

and, being so near I must away again
and do a few bits, I'm going to
France immed after Xmas,
to where my son lives, it was like
a fairytale there last Christmas,
he lives in rural France, mistletoe trees,
around his house!
I look forward to that so much.

Christmas creeps up [doesn't it] and I can
so easily be sidetracked into something
unrelated, like firing the ball upstairs
Ali catching it at the top and letting it
bop down step by step! which she loves and does accurately,I taught her that -
the nearest thing we have between us to a game of tennis! LOL

Good day to everyone of the fine regulars here.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

<quoted text>When I do a drive by the mickey D's, it's usually for a sausage mcmuffin with egg... Yep, I love breakfast at any time... My fave place to go is Cracker Barrel...
Cracker Barrel? Did someone mention Cracker Barrel? I love the hash brown casserole!

'morning Groucho! Pleased to know you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••