El's Kitchen

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#19699 Dec 10, 2012
Wishing everyone at El's a very pleasant day! FC <3 ...

Level 1

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#19700 Dec 10, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Groucho ... this Monday or last Monday? Am I too late? LOL ... JD sausage is the best ... No, Elgin sausage is the best ... Gotta try ... Elgin TX sausage world renown ... THE best ... Hope your weekend was good and your Monday even better! FC <3 ...
Actually, I meant THIS morning... I like Bob Evans sausage, but my all time favorite is Purnell's Old Folks country sausage. Brought a big ol' cast iron skillet... Coffee smells good... let's have breakfast!

Level 1

Location hidden

#19701 Dec 10, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
....:)
Coffee smells splendid El... Fresh pot?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#19702 Dec 10, 2012
Groucho AKA Falcon 68 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I meant THIS morning... I like Bob Evans sausage, but my all time favorite is Purnell's Old Folks country sausage. Brought a big ol' cast iron skillet... Coffee smells good... let's have breakfast!
GM again, Groucho ... you don't seem to grouchy, lol ... takes a seat at the table, straightens cloth napkin in her lap ... says a silent prayer (rub a dub dub, thanks for grub, yay G-d)... My brother used to kick me under the table when it was my turn to say grace ... I'd kick him back harder and move my legs, lol ... and reaches for her plate ... I could eat breakfast and any meal ... matter of fact ... when the firm I was working for in Austin moved to Houston ... Edwanna and I lived two blocks from each other and 1/4 mile from IHOP ... on Friday nights we'd go to IHOP for breakfast ... I remember when Princess Diana passed ... we went to IHOP, came home and cried for Princess Di ... stayed up all night and watched in horror what was being televised ... Everyone loved the Princess ... I can still see her lovely face ... No one will ever be her or surpass her ... in my mind, at least ... well, moving right along ... It was an alright weekend ... Lost one of my Offbeat friends and another OB friend lost her mum ... both were very distraught and I tried to console and offer them as much comfort as I could ... it affected me as well ... I'm so sensitive these days, the holidays do not help as I miss my on mom and daddy ... my grandpa ...

On a lighter note: It's cold out and I love it .. so do my frisky pups ... can't get Jax to come in, he loves it so ... wish it would snow and watch Jax frolic in the snow ... he's so funny!...

Saturday afternoon the non-profit organization I am involved in fix numerous amount of care packages to be mailed today to the men and women of our armed services ... we specially wrapped the perishables so they would not be crushed and broken during transit ... I mean who wants a crushed Little Debbie sweet? lol ... personal hygiene stuff and handkerchiefs, towels and such ... they will appreciate anything they can get they do not have to buy ... it was nice helping our group and other volunteers who helped ...

Wishing all here a wonderful day filled with love, sunshine, warmth, joy and laughter ... Peace~FC <3 ...

4800 ... full house ... going for the gusto

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#19703 Dec 10, 2012
<quoted text>Actually, I meant THIS morning... I like Bob Evans sausage, but my all time favorite is Purnell's Old Folks country sausage. Brought a big ol' cast iron skillet... Coffee smells good... let's have breakfast!
Elgin sausage ...

Elgin (play /&#712;&#603;l&#60 9;&#616;n/) is a city in Bastrop and Travis Counties in the U.S. state of Texas. The population was 8,135 at the 2010 census. Elgin is also known as The Sausage Capital of Texas[3] and the Brick Capital of the Southwest [4] due to the presence of three operating brickyards in the mid-twentieth century (two of which are open to this date).

Just and FYI ... ohhhhhh, a sausage wrapped in a flour tortilla at McDonald's ... yummy!... Once you've had one you'll never go back ... guarnteed, lol ... just sayin'...

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#19704 Dec 10, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Elgin sausage ...
Elgin (play /&#712;&#603;l&#60 9;&#616;n/) is a city in Bastrop and Travis Counties in the U.S. state of Texas. The population was 8,135 at the 2010 census. Elgin is also known as The Sausage Capital of Texas[3] and the Brick Capital of the Southwest [4] due to the presence of three operating brickyards in the mid-twentieth century (two of which are open to this date).
Just and FYI ... ohhhhhh, a sausage wrapped in a flour tortilla at McDonald's ... yummy!... Once you've had one you'll never go back ... guarnteed, lol ... just sayin'...
Good morning El and Flower. We got a snow in Dallas and the cold is great. I am tired of warm days:)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#19705 Dec 10, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El and Flower. We got a snow in Dallas and the cold is great. I am tired of warm days:)
Good morning, Denny! SNOW? wow, I wish ... just colder weather ... we're loving it, too!... tired of the warm days, too!... 25 for tonight ... People, Pets and Plants ... don't forget! I'm sure you've got it covered ... have a fun day! FC <3 ...

Level 1

Location hidden

#19706 Dec 10, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Elgin sausage ...
When I do a drive by the mickey D's, it's usually for a sausage mcmuffin with egg... Yep, I love breakfast at any time... My fave place to go is Cracker Barrel...

Level 1

Location hidden

#19707 Dec 10, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
GM again, Groucho ... you don't seem to grouchy, lol ... takes a seat at the table, straightens cloth napkin in her lap ... says a silent prayer (rub a dub dub, thanks for grub, yay G-d)... My brother used to kick me under the table when it was my turn to say grace ... I'd kick him back harder and move my legs, lol ... and reaches for her plate ... I could eat breakfast and any meal ... matter of fact ... when the firm I was working for in Austin moved to Houston ... Edwanna and I lived two blocks from each other and 1/4 mile from IHOP ... on Friday nights we'd go to IHOP for breakfast ... I remember when Princess Diana passed ... we went to IHOP, came home and cried for Princess Di ... stayed up all night and watched in horror what was being televised ... Everyone loved the Princess ... I can still see her lovely face ... No one will ever be her or surpass her ... in my mind, at least ... well, moving right along ... It was an alright weekend ... Lost one of my Offbeat friends and another OB friend lost her mum ... both were very distraught and I tried to console and offer them as much comfort as I could ... it affected me as well ... I'm so sensitive these days, the holidays do not help as I miss my on mom and daddy ... my grandpa ...
On a lighter note: It's cold out and I love it .. so do my frisky pups ... can't get Jax to come in, he loves it so ... wish it would snow and watch Jax frolic in the snow ... he's so funny!...
Saturday afternoon the non-profit organization I am involved in fix numerous amount of care packages to be mailed today to the men and women of our armed services ... we specially wrapped the perishables so they would not be crushed and broken during transit ... I mean who wants a crushed Little Debbie sweet? lol ... personal hygiene stuff and handkerchiefs, towels and such ... they will appreciate anything they can get they do not have to buy ... it was nice helping our group and other volunteers who helped ...
Wishing all here a wonderful day filled with love, sunshine, warmth, joy and laughter ... Peace~FC <3 ...
4800 ... full house ... going for the gusto
Groucho Marx wasn't exactly grouchy... More sarcastic tha anything else. He got that nick-name because in the days before wallets were popular, he wore what was called a 'grouch bag' around his neck to keep money and valuables. Jax?? He isn't named after... Nah... not Jax from General Hospital?

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#19708 Dec 10, 2012
LADY EL: came across this as I was researching some law..........

CHAPTER 56

If we have disseised or deprived the Welsh of their lands or liberties or other goods, without lawful judgment of their peers, in England or in Wales, let these things be forthwith restored, and if a dispute arise upon this, let it be thereafter settled in the march by the judgment of their peers; on tenements in England according to the law of England; on tenements in Wales according to the law of Wales; on tenements in the march according to the law of the march. The Welshmen shall do the same to us and ours

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#19709 Dec 10, 2012
tallyho wrote:
LADY EL: came across this as I was researching some law..........
CHAPTER 56
If we have disseised or deprived the Welsh of their lands or liberties or other goods, without lawful judgment of their peers, in England or in Wales, let these things be forthwith restored, and if a dispute arise upon this, let it be thereafter settled in the march by the judgment of their peers; on tenements in England according to the law of England; on tenements in Wales according to the law of Wales; on tenements in the march according to the law of the march. The Welshmen shall do the same to us and ours
That's most interesting, very interesting. Am puzzled as
to the significance of the seperate laws, apparently it all changed in the 1500's when the Tudors came into power, but not
completely au fait with it at all.
The Marches are the border country between England and Wales, running through Shropshire nand Hereford that I know of, beautiful countryside.
Thanks for that Sir Tally.

Location hidden

#19710 Dec 10, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El and Flower. We got a snow in Dallas and the cold is great. I am tired of warm days:)
'Afternoon Denny..how wonderful after all that searing heat!
Is it a serious fall or just a sprinkling...either way, it
it is beginning to feel like Christmas!
Expecting snow overnight here too, it's freezing now.

Location hidden

#19711 Dec 10, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
Good morning, Lady El ... seems I haven't been around here as of late ... Truly I hope you, P and the kittens are doing well and are in good spirits ... Been missin you ... Love, FC <3 ...
'Afternoon Flower....not since I teased Falcon about making y'all's
breakfast, lol...you know I make a very mean Full English and you are welcome any ol' time.
We are fine here thanks for asking, I'm glad you at least SOUND to be much better....we have these ups and downs, and so long as we know, we WILL recover we will be alright.
Had some issues with my neck (pain in the neck) lol, but it has
gone easier thankfully...
Glad to see you hun...luvya..<3

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#19712 Dec 10, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
That's most interesting, very interesting. Am puzzled as
to the significance of the seperate laws, apparently it all changed in the 1500's when the Tudors came into power, but not
completely au fait with it at all.
The Marches are the border country between England and Wales, running through Shropshire nand Hereford that I know of, beautiful countryside.
Thanks for that Sir Tally.
believe it was in the original 67# articles of the Magna Carta

1262????????? year

Location hidden

#19713 Dec 10, 2012
<quoted text>Coffee smells splendid El... Fresh pot?
Always a fresh pot of coffee going Falcon....

Now what are you doing bringing your own skillet, lol,
the kitchen has state of the art cookware...I dry fry
the bacon in the ridged skillet, about the time the
sausage are five minutes of being cooked through....
actually just finished dinner here so can barely think of
food just now!

Found a pic taken at a vintage car display a few years ago,
I think I sent you one at the time? My problem, I cannot
identify the vehice...I will put it on my avatar and hope perhaps you or somebody else will come to the aid of the party!

Location hidden

#19714 Dec 10, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
believe it was in the original 67# articles of the Magna Carta
1262????????? year
REALLY? Well, I knew it would be ancient, but as old as that?

An interesting law is, it is still legal to use a crossbow here in self-defence.

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#19715 Dec 10, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad, sad ...very sad development. News is that radio hosts have been told not to come to work until further notice.
With some exceptions allowing for the relationships of parties involved, and nature of the prank, I'm not a keen fan of practical jokes. Not at all.
Have seen bits of interviews of the radio pranksters, and they seem to be truly grieved. There future with that radio station must be tentative for their show has been cancelled.

I feel it's right to "voice" for this nurse. She was from India, and had been in G.B./London for about four years. While she only passed on the call to the other nurse -- that hospital not having a receptionist/call screener handling that call -- her sense of duty dedication, and respect of patients and the Royals could very well have been from the emigre factors.

#19716 Dec 10, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a natural human reaction to personify a poster: for me it depends on how regularly I post with an individual as to whether I do. I certainly don't do it for trolls! Does lead to some amusing mistakes - just found out someone I've exchanged posts with for a while is female not male (she made reference to her husband in a post)! I use my real face, but I can understand why many do not.
As with any non-verbal communication (and some verbal!), misunderstanding can occur. We post very swiftly (or I do at times) which can mean we don't express what we mean to write (and make typos). Thus, we can appear more critcal than we mean to be, or a comment is seen as a criticism when it is not meant in that way. In some cases, posters use language that in the RW, they would not consider saying to someone's face - the anonimity of the keyboard has much for which it should answer. All pretty obvious I guess, but thought I'd chuck in my ten pennyworth.
See you all in six days if I haven't turned into an iceberg on the water!
Safe seas to ya, Captain Tony!

#19717 Dec 10, 2012
NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she has an excellent life and I hope somehow that her previous mom knows.
I'm not sure how aware you are when you leave.
Sorry I missed this one.
Hi! Yeah, no doubt your lovable Ninja Princess Warrior have an excellent life. She's one little cutie there.

When I made the prior post, I was recalling seeing a celebrity/actor in an interview recently. Part of the presentation was taking the dogs for a walk in the neighborhood. One dog was on leash. The other, a Chihuahua, was "riding" along in the person's coat with its head and head sticking out. So I did "life is good" for it.

And dual-purposed "life is good" for you about your posting about your having your loving daughters, a good job you like, and the pets loved and loving back.

Hope you had a good weekend and the week started fine too.

#19718 Dec 10, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband has never seen it. Me, I love it and never tire of seeing it. It was just beautiful and quite amazing. More to my pleasant shock I could actually hear the dancers' feet pattering on the stage! This was ballet not tap! I was so pleasantly surprised I didn't think that's what I was actually hearing.
Wow Quinny, hearing the foot-falls in a ballet is pretty darn awesome, as well as the ballet performance enjoyed, the venerable "The Nutcracker".

The seasonal lights in the city must be so pretty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who won the Presidential debate 2016 ? 1 min TheJerseyDevil 121
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 2 min Hoosier Hillbilly 36,274
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 2 min Poppyann 1,215
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 3 min andet1987 1,400
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 6 min Poppyann 465
2words into 2new words (May '12) 6 min Zandy Devine 5,157
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 7 min andet1987 27,652
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 20 min Hypocrite Hunter 9,152
Philly grey poster hangout 37 min Spotted Girl 94
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 57 min TheJerseyDevil 201,096
More from around the web