“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19673 Dec 8, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>'Afternoon Quincy..really nice to see you. So...we could extend
at the back, a conservatory would be nice, it's South facing too so we would have the sun all day long, wicker furniture with deep
cushions, what d'ya think?
How was the ballet? Oh, imagine that, The Russian Ballet Co performing The Nutcracker, my all time favourite, that would be perfect. Let us know how you enjoyed it. Always something of interest going on in the entertainment world in Chicago, I know that from the newsletter I receive.
Have a great weekend, enjoy the rest....:)
My husband has never seen it. Me, I love it and never tire of seeing it. It was just beautiful and quite amazing. More to my pleasant shock I could actually hear the dancers' feet pattering on the stage! This was ballet not tap! I was so pleasantly surprised I didn't think that's what I was actually hearing.

“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#19674 Dec 9, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aldi's like the grocery store??
Yes indeed RM, but as
El correctly put ASDA'S another grocery store..
I incorectly said ALDI'S

Jahmene worked in Asda's stamping prices on
goods for the shelf.

Bless his beautiful voice, whatever the outcome
i think his Asda's days are numbered.

Now, RM,
I hope you have your Xmas stocking hanging up properly
else Santa might just pass by!(:

What is Christmas like where YOU live?

“September”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19675 Dec 9, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening Grace....just finished watching X-Factor...how on
earth do you choose, I really really like all three contestants,
I agree with you about Jahmene in that he is very gentlemanly
interesting to see him in his home surrounding, including the
church as well...and going back to Asda...I liked the second
song he did with Nicole better than his first one...
I have a soft spot for Christopher....really like his style...a good entertainer too..
But it was James moved me most withn his voice. Something about him, and I love his 'gravelly sound'...
Whoever of the three is chosen is absolutely fine with me..having now watched the show,rather than snippets of it, I believe the judges know precisely what they are talking about!!! I have a new regard for Louis tonight for what it's worth.
El, thanks,
and SO glad you watched it..
so we can share!

Yeah,'twas a topping show!
I watched it with an eagle eye!
tho Ali wasn't as interested! lol
wanted to play ball in the middle of it!!!

Yes, Chris has a very fine voice, and will
do well in any case, he has been given such
great exposure,
as indeed they all will!

and for once I agree the two remaining finalists
are neck in neck, eventho' I put my cards the
table .. favouring JAHMENE, who is unique, in my book.

and yet,

I also think James is a fine contestant,
very magnetic on stage and has a fabulous voice,
one could say they both have THE X FACTOR,
which is what it's all about:

May the best man win tonight.

Hotting up here now for Xmas!!!

I will give all my attention to it in
the coming week,
I hate to get bogged down the final week,
kinda like to 'come up for air'
so to speak! lol
and take in the carols, the sparkling lights
and general fleeting magical atmosphere.

Wishing ALL HERE a VERY good day..

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#19676 Dec 9, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
My word! A country gal indeed, and a Isolde Farnon to boot!(I couldn't very well call you Siegfried or Tristan now could I ?!)
Charolais is quite a popular and prized breed here, and has been for quite some time. Angus is another. Herefords are fairly kept too. And dairy breeds Guernsey, Holtein, Jersey as well for some farms. Helped my cousins milk cows, feed chickens, and probably more feather plucking, etc. a few times.
One experience with swine: helped my father-in-law and vet holding 45-ish pound young male pigs up by their back legs to facilitate losing vital reproductive parts. Good part of an afternoon caused my ears and muscles to hurt. But, I had all my parts.
Also for him, I helped some with field prep via tractor pulled gang-disc prior to planting.
You could...but I wouldn't answer to it, LOL! I answered this last night btw, left it while I answered the 'phone..then forgot,
just so you know.
Trying to visualise a 45 pound hog. Pretty heavy I imagine.
Hope the hog didn't feel a thing. Welp, I never imagined I would be bringing a calf back to the farm in my pristine car, my long-suffering hubby (Peter) drove, I sat in the back with this gi-normous calf, he in the footwell resting his curly head on my shoulder. We drove through town and would you believe the Mayor was in the main street, I had the window open, he looked in amazement, and I waved at him, and shouted 'Prynoun Dda'(Good Afternoon). He waved back and grinned.
I had been held to ransome in one respect, as Kathy's calf had died in still birth, the farmer buried the calf in view of our lounge window, for three days Kathy had brevvied over the spot, then the farmer dismissed her with a wave of his hadn, saying 'she is barren, she will go to market on Friday'...I pleaded with him to spare her if I bought a calf to take her milk.....
Purely because I knew she wasn't barren, the farmer had been drunk when he should have been keeping an eye on her when she was due.
I helped often on his farm. It was an amazing place, run down, but in it's time the farmhouse had accommodated the King of England, as long ago as Edward 1st.
One day he taught me how to 'attract' the cows to the gate...he told me to shout 'Coooop, Coooop,' repeatedly, and they would come. I tried this, needless to say they didn't respond. Tured round, the farmer was doubled up with laughter.....:)

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#19677 Dec 9, 2012
NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>
Pets do add something to life.
When Kimberly was young and a terror we had fish tanks. She loved them. They had a calming effect.
It is around 6:00 pm here. I work again tomorrow. I love this job. A top notch group of woman. And one happy, friendly man. They are a pleasure to work with. Something I needed right now. I don't see me leaving this job.
I'll write more in a minute. Dogs barking.
Great that you are enjoying your job and co-workers. Or work-mates
as we would say. It makes it a pleasure turning up for work.
I didn't tell you, one of our cats is a little feral, she is black
and has fangs,(I paint a pretty picture!) and howls, she was abandoned under our garden shed by her mother. It took me weeks to be able to catch her, I was feeding her by putting food underneath the shed, but she was soaked,,had to go for it. Until earlier this year, although she lives in the house, she would not allow anybody but myself, to touch her, made it difficult to apply pipettes and such, then this year, after having her for at least ten years, she went on my husband's knee. She has an absolute turn around of character, it's amazing. She is a little sweetie, called MillyMolly.
Interesting about the fish tank...I notice they have them in hospital waiting rooms, it suddenly strikes me, for the calming effect the fish have. Funnily enough, I have mine advertised in the local rag this week. Hmmm.

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#19678 Dec 9, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband has never seen it. Me, I love it and never tire of seeing it. It was just beautiful and quite amazing. More to my pleasant shock I could actually hear the dancers' feet pattering on the stage! This was ballet not tap! I was so pleasantly surprised I didn't think that's what I was actually hearing.
That is truly wonderful that you could hear the dancer's feet Quincy...it's miraculous in a lot of respects, as they couldn't have been loud...very glad for you.
Occasionely I manage to visit the theatre where I lived when in England (Buxton Opera House)...seen some good shows there, one of which was Dancing on Ice..and if I am not mistaken it was the Russian Ballet Company..could be wrong, I shall have to find the programme. Whoever it was, it was beautifully done.

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#19679 Dec 9, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
El, thanks,
and SO glad you watched it..
so we can share!
Yeah,'twas a topping show!
I watched it with an eagle eye!
tho Ali wasn't as interested! lol
wanted to play ball in the middle of it!!!
Yes, Chris has a very fine voice, and will
do well in any case, he has been given such
great exposure,
as indeed they all will!
and for once I agree the two remaining finalists
are neck in neck, eventho' I put my cards the
table .. favouring JAHMENE, who is unique, in my book.
and yet,
I also think James is a fine contestant,
very magnetic on stage and has a fabulous voice,
one could say they both have THE X FACTOR,
which is what it's all about:
May the best man win tonight.
Hotting up here now for Xmas!!!
I will give all my attention to it in
the coming week,
I hate to get bogged down the final week,
kinda like to 'come up for air'
so to speak! lol
and take in the carols, the sparkling lights
and general fleeting magical atmosphere.
Wishing ALL HERE a VERY good day..
It great to watch it 'together' Grace....I DID like Christopher,
mind you, there can only be one winner, and I am basing my opinion on seeing James on the one occasion only, I had seen Jahmene before on youtube. Can't fault either of them...both very talented, as you say, they have THE X FACTOR...
P condescended to view it with me, lol, I told him he is more critical than Simon, Louie and Gary rolled into one, haha. He
eased up a bit and admitted he he liked Christopher out of the three...my brother is rooting for James.
It was so funny when Louie told Christopher 'you don't have to go back to Liverpool' LOL...then the compere said 'what's wrong with Liverpool'...I like Louis, the more I see him. Gary's great and I LOVE Nicole.
Totally understand about winding down here for a while, it's a busy time of the year, will be doing just that myself Grace, after all it only comes but once a year.
Wishing yourself and ALL a very enjoyable day.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#19680 Dec 9, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>Yes indeed RM, but as
El correctly put ASDA'S another grocery store..
I incorectly said ALDI'S

Jahmene worked in Asda's stamping prices on
goods for the shelf.

Bless his beautiful voice, whatever the outcome
i think his Asda's days are numbered.

Now, RM,
I hope you have your Xmas stocking hanging up properly
else Santa might just pass by!(:

What is Christmas like where YOU live?
I plum forgot about Dec 6 to put out a shoe for St Nick and some goodies.

When I was much younger, we went to a local arts & crafts or hobby store and got "kits" to make ornaments for our Christmas tree. My family gets together and exchanges presents in Christmas Eve ----- some just do not care to leave the house on Christmas Day.

Mom always baked lots if cookies and her Italian sauce, sausage sandwiches and lasagna were a staple between Christmas and New Years.

She was diagnosed with a brain tumor early Dec and had surgery Christmas Eve. Died almost a year later before Thanksgiving.......and our second wedding anniversary.

Sorry for the depressing last part. That was 15 years ago she died and I'm only now just starting to not have the spontaneous crying fits over certain things.

“September”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19681 Dec 9, 2012
El,

Left you a song on my new CHRISTMAS MUSIC thread.

would appreciate .. IF you're in the mood...
a few selections from folks here.

“September”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19682 Dec 9, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I plum forgot about Dec 6 to put out a shoe for St Nick and some goodies.
When I was much younger, we went to a local arts & crafts or hobby store and got "kits" to make ornaments for our Christmas tree. My family gets together and exchanges presents in Christmas Eve ----- some just do not care to leave the house on Christmas Day.
Mom always baked lots if cookies and her Italian sauce, sausage sandwiches and lasagna were a staple between Christmas and New Years.
She was diagnosed with a brain tumor early Dec and had surgery Christmas Eve. Died almost a year later before Thanksgiving.......and our second wedding anniversary.
Sorry for the depressing last part. That was 15 years ago she died and I'm only now just starting to not have the spontaneous crying fits over certain things.
GREAT post RM, appreciated..

Your Mom makes me feel positively
inadequate baking all those cookies! etc!!!!

I prefer to be out 'drinking in' the Christmas spirit
and all that entails -
watching all the goings-ons.. twinkling lights and .. how each shop
window is done.. dangling bells..
tinsel stars glowing and how the
evening light catches the sparkle..Christmas tree coloured lights
that flicker in a December breeze - I get the *greatest* pleasure from all
that; happy to return home with an instant
'dinner
' from Marks & Sparks' under my arm.. ready to shove in the microwave
and ..... Hey presto ! 3 mins! DONE! dinner ready!

but each to one's own.

Never heard of 'the show for St Nick on the 6/12..'
that's why I think it's SO valuable to see how
customs among us here... are very different
[per country]

all the richer for that..

NO prob what-SO-EVER re the last part,
just highlights your beautiful
humanity..

'Loved one's' are precious.. timeless..
and held ever dear -
therefore,

We understand 100%

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#19683 Dec 9, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
You could...but I wouldn't answer to it, LOL! I answered this last night btw, left it while I answered the 'phone..then forgot,
just so you know.
Trying to visualise a 45 pound hog. Pretty heavy I imagine.
Hope the hog didn't feel a thing. Welp, I never imagined I would be bringing a calf back to the farm in my pristine car, my long-suffering hubby (Peter) drove, I sat in the back with this gi-normous calf, he in the footwell resting his curly head on my shoulder. We drove through town and would you believe the Mayor was in the main street, I had the window open, he looked in amazement, and I waved at him, and shouted 'Prynoun Dda'(Good Afternoon). He waved back and grinned.
I had been held to ransome in one respect, as Kathy's calf had died in still birth, the farmer buried the calf in view of our lounge window, for three days Kathy had brevvied over the spot, then the farmer dismissed her with a wave of his hadn, saying 'she is barren, she will go to market on Friday'...I pleaded with him to spare her if I bought a calf to take her milk.....
Purely because I knew she wasn't barren, the farmer had been drunk when he should have been keeping an eye on her when she was due.
I helped often on his farm. It was an amazing place, run down, but in it's time the farmhouse had accommodated the King of England, as long ago as Edward 1st.
One day he taught me how to 'attract' the cows to the gate...he told me to shout 'Coooop, Coooop,' repeatedly, and they would come. I tried this, needless to say they didn't respond. Tured round, the farmer was doubled up with laughter.....:)
El you are priceless. Your love of animals is inspiring :)

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#19684 Dec 9, 2012
Happpppeeeee SINday!!!!! El,Grace,saw the commercial AGAIN last night. There were NO touch-ups, it was wonderful!!!!!!! Have a great day!!!!!

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#19685 Dec 9, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Dear Rose, so nice to see you, I think of you often.
I think of you when I look out of my kitchen window and see
just the one David Austen fragrant climbing rose feverishly
clingling to Summer refusing to be bowed down by the Winter chill!
How many of us would care to admit that we have not got the Christmas spirit? I wonder. We try so hard, and at times I think we are 'going through the motions'...
well, I am about to turn this around, and NOW. Let's put some festive decs up in our cyber kitchen, got some pretty icicles for round the window and glittery snowflakes for the mirrors and on the windows, nice holly wreath for the door....voila...it's beginning to feel like Christmas.!...:)
Seriously Rose, it will come, the true meaning that is, nearer the day.
Always remember, Somebody loves you.
Have a happy afternoon and evening my friend.
Elxx
OK OK OK!!!!
I'm gonna put the Christmas tree up... It's a Chrlie Brown Tree...
Way back in 1978 I bought and painted a set of little wooden Charlie Brown Ornaments.. They have been on every tree I've had ever since...
I usually decorate outside but it hasn't stopped raining for an entire week... Christmas Cheer sucking gray wet nasty weather...
I requested that Lady Grace post a poem of Christmas Cheer back on the old Blog thread...
It touches my heart that you can look at a rose and give me a thought...thank you....
My roses bless their hearts are still trying to bloom... I need to cut them back for winter but it's hard for me because my tender heart wants to give each rosebud a chance...
I hope that your day is a good one... Sending you all of my warmest wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness....
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#19686 Dec 9, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>El you are priceless. Your love of animals is inspiring :)
Hey there Denny! Hope you & Mrs Denny are well and enjoying the holiday season.

“September”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19687 Dec 10, 2012
Morning ALL...

Cold & frosty here but very seasonal.

Well El!

The final was brilliant and eventho I
favoured JAHMENE to win, it was JAMES
who eventually pulled it of [as you know]

Congrats to you for picking the winner!
if you had a few bob on him,
you might treat us all here to a big fat Christmas cake(:

LOL!

Seriously they will both do very well..
and kudos to ALL involved who gave us weeks
of great entertainment.

“September”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19688 Dec 10, 2012
Folks

Did anyone see the interview with the
two Australian DJ's regarding
the Royal related tragedy..

I was really sorry for them..
they are devastated.

I think they never meant harm
by it, it was a practical joke
that went so wrong.
which indeed can happen.

anyhow...
away,
writing here won't sort the CHRISTMAS shopping!

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#19689 Dec 10, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Folks
Did anyone see the interview with the
two Australian DJ's regarding
the Royal related tragedy..
I was really sorry for them..
they are devastated.
I think they never meant harm
by it, it was a practical joke
that went so wrong.
which indeed can happen.
anyhow...
away,
writing here won't sort the CHRISTMAS shopping!
'Morning Grace,

Lovely morning, heavy frost here but a nice Winter sun.

I saw the interview, apparently their prank had been 'passed'
as it had been recorded beforehand, that is my understanding
anyway, yet they are being made to feel totally responsible.
I feel dreadfully sorry for them. There was a 'depression expert'
on yesterday, did you see him?..he at least said that the dj's should have our sympathy, I agree. It seems the nurse was of a nervous disposition, obviously very conscientious, and must have
felt like she had failed, maybe counselling would have helped her and it would not have happened, but easy to say in hindsight.

Have a nice day out there Grace. I may go out myself later, am assisting outside taking down a small building.

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#19690 Dec 10, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Morning ALL...
Cold & frosty here but very seasonal.
Well El!
The final was brilliant and eventho I
favoured JAHMENE to win, it was JAMES
who eventually pulled it of [as you know]
Congrats to you for picking the winner!
if you had a few bob on him,
you might treat us all here to a big fat Christmas cake(:
LOL!
Seriously they will both do very well..
and kudos to ALL involved who gave us weeks
of great entertainment.
I can only say I am so pleased...might as well be honest.
Always sorry for the losers naturally, and it was so close.

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#19691 Dec 10, 2012
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
OK OK OK!!!!
I'm gonna put the Christmas tree up... It's a Chrlie Brown Tree...
Way back in 1978 I bought and painted a set of little wooden Charlie Brown Ornaments.. They have been on every tree I've had ever since...
I usually decorate outside but it hasn't stopped raining for an entire week... Christmas Cheer sucking gray wet nasty weather...
I requested that Lady Grace post a poem of Christmas Cheer back on the old Blog thread...
It touches my heart that you can look at a rose and give me a thought...thank you....
My roses bless their hearts are still trying to bloom... I need to cut them back for winter but it's hard for me because my tender heart wants to give each rosebud a chance...
I hope that your day is a good one... Sending you all of my warmest wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness....
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
How very very sweet. I see there is room to put my little fairies
up alongside, I brought them back from the USA and they go up every year.
I bought two blue roses for the first time this Summer since I left
England, the colour and fragrance was a delight, the colour, a rich
bluey pink, let's say Mauve, always something to look forward to next year.
The day is beautiful, impossible not to enjoy however it is spent.
Have a good one Dear Rose....<3 xoxoxo

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#19692 Dec 10, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>El you are priceless. Your love of animals is inspiring :)
....:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min HOG_ the Hand of God 116,536
farts 11 min Gofigger 1
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 15 min Elvis Presley 7,066
Word Association (Jun '10) 17 min curiouslu 26,299
What Could Be Short,...? 18 min Kid_Tomorrow 27
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 18 min _Zoey_ 29,279
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 21 min Spreading 3,586
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 37 min Gofigger 146,874
Navy 4 on trial for bizarre sexual assault 46 min dragoon70056 2
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 51 min Michael McDonald 5,508