El's Kitchen

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#19659 Dec 8, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
She's adorable...I thought she was a 'she'...how old is she?
I can see she has a lovely personality and nature in her little
face.
The last dog I had was a tiny Yorkie weighing in at five pounds.
She was an adult when we rescued her from a breeder, and older than we were told she was. She brought us a lot of joy.
Just cats now, our eldest is 16 yrs. 4 months, he is a British Shorthair Silver Tabby, his best pal is Ginger Bailey, aged 15, we brought him home from the shelter where we used to help out, 14 and half years ago.
The baby of the cat family is Rosie Probert, she is a blue and cream tortie, with white socks, she is very knowing at two and half years of age.
My grandaughter said 'you love the cats more than us'...that is nonsense of course!
Glad you joined us NM...:)
Hello El,

Ninja Princess Warrior is 2 years old. Her birthday was in October. She has a wardrobe and the girls will sometimes paint her nails. Lol.

We also have birds and cats.

My cat, Elijah, moved to my eldest daughter's apartment with her. He is long hair, black and white. He understands much of what we say. It is scary.

Another cat is some inbred thing off a farm. Her name is Bucca. She looks like a white siamese or something. Creams, whites, and some light greyish brown. She is sweet and sour. Lol. She'll come to you for attention, act as though she can't get enough, then turn around and bite you. She has crazy blue eyes.

Kimberly wants two yorkies. I tease her and tell her I will call them Peppermint and Patty, as in York Peppermint Patty. She gets so mad. Poor kid. Gotta put up with me.

I love kids and pets.

It's nice to stop by and chat. Enjoy your day.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19660 Dec 8, 2012
Good morning all who visit this Kitchen. El the crew's getting bigger and I planned another build out after the holidays to accommodate the wonderful crowd.

As is tradition in Chicago, the Joffrey Ballet company is performing the Nutcracker. We're going to see it this afternoon. I love it and don't know how many I've seen it. The Russian Ballet Company is also in town performing ---- now that would be a fabulous interpretation!

A blessed Hanukkah filled with goodness and light and peace to any and all diners who celebrate.

Have a splendid weekend All!!
:-)

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#19661 Dec 8, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a natural human reaction to personify a poster: for me it depends on how regularly I post with an individual as to whether I do. I certainly don't do it for trolls! Does lead to some amusing mistakes - just found out someone I've exchanged posts with for a while is female not male (she made reference to her husband in a post)! I use my real face, but I can understand why many do not.
As with any non-verbal communication (and some verbal!), misunderstanding can occur. We post very swiftly (or I do at times) which can mean we don't express what we mean to write (and make typos). Thus, we can appear more critcal than we mean to be, or a comment is seen as a criticism when it is not meant in that way. In some cases, posters use language that in the RW, they would not consider saying to someone's face - the anonimity of the keyboard has much for which it should answer. All pretty obvious I guess, but thought I'd chuck in my ten pennyworth.
See you all in six days if I haven't turned into an iceberg on the water!
That is SO true, Tony,
sometimes [as we know]
a thing said accompanied with the wink of an eye can
change a would be insult into a joke in seconds,
lots of things missed out in cyberland,
I have had a few harsh criticisms when a joke was
obviously meant LOL!

but then, can't win 'em all!

good luck tony & don't get stuck in the ice!

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#19662 Dec 8, 2012
Firstly Good 'Afternoon'all!

Won't name anyone for fear of leaving
a name out ..
but GREETINGS to all who write here.

In reference to the ROYAL prank which
has gone all around the world in shock waves,
dreadful turn of events,
dono' what else was involved, apart from details
splashed all over the news, but it strikes me
that something else was at play,
for an unfortunate lady to take her life;
after all SHE wasn't responsible nor did she
set the ball rolling.

About these pranks, and by coincidence,
my son mailed me this link last week,
we were both swopping notes about it,
on the one hand it IS very funny [I found]
and well thought out,
by I remarked to my son that they'd need to be
careful who they are playing with, as, someone
with a weak heart might drop down dead..
he agreed..

See what you folks think,
and the men in it were as scared as the females!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19663 Dec 8, 2012
NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>Hello El,

Ninja Princess Warrior is 2 years old. Her birthday was in October. She has a wardrobe and the girls will sometimes paint her nails. Lol.

We also have birds and cats.

My cat, Elijah, moved to my eldest daughter's apartment with her. He is long hair, black and white. He understands much of what we say. It is scary.

Another cat is some inbred thing off a farm. Her name is Bucca. She looks like a white siamese or something. Creams, whites, and some light greyish brown. She is sweet and sour. Lol. She'll come to you for attention, act as though she can't get enough, then turn around and bite you. She has crazy blue eyes.

Kimberly wants two yorkies. I tease her and tell her I will call them Peppermint and Patty, as in York Peppermint Patty. She gets so mad. Poor kid. Gotta put up with me.

I love kids and pets.

It's nice to stop by and chat. Enjoy your day.
LOVE the pup in your avatar!! Too cute :-)

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#19664 Dec 8, 2012
El,
Wanted to say,
Looking forward to X FACTOR final tonight
and [I think] concluding tomorrow night..
Wonder if you'll be watching, I know
you said you were returning to it..

Whatever way it goes,
it is a splendid nail biting show.
KUDOS to all concerned, it has to be said,
they have simply kept us entertained for WEEEKS!

i have the log fire on..
as bottle o wine at the ready and 'GO'-----

I happen to like the final 3 contenders

Would LOVE to see Jahmene win..
I think the young man is extraordinary, by all standards,
such a versatile singer..

and a *real gent* to boot..

I love how he worked in Aldi's
makes it a kind of CINDERELLA story..

Not that there's anything wrong in

WORKING AT ALDI'S!!!

but, with a talent like he has,
I'm glad someone 'found' him.

May the best man win..

but my flag is flying high for JAHMENE,
when I heard him singing this >
link below, it filled my eyes with
tears of pure admiration.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19665 Dec 8, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
El,
Wanted to say,
Looking forward to X FACTOR final tonight
and [I think] concluding tomorrow night..
Wonder if you'll be watching, I know
you said you were returning to it..

Whatever way it goes,
it is a splendid nail biting show.
KUDOS to all concerned, it has to be said,
they have simply kept us entertained for WEEEKS!

i have the log fire on..
as bottle o wine at the ready and 'GO'-----

I happen to like the final 3 contenders

Would LOVE to see Jahmene win..
I think the young man is extraordinary, by all standards,
such a versatile singer..

and a *real gent* to boot..

I love how he worked in Aldi's
makes it a kind of CINDERELLA story..

Not that there's anything wrong in

WORKING AT ALDI'S!!!

but, with a talent like he has,
I'm glad someone 'found' him.

May the best man win..

but my flag is flying high for JAHMENE,
when I heard him singing this >
link below, it filled my eyes with
tears of pure admiration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WLu1fi5FeOYXX
Aldi's like the grocery store??

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#19666 Dec 8, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOVE the pup in your avatar!! Too cute :-)
Thank you. She is a lovable little creature.

Enjoy your weekend.

:)

“Hands across the sea”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#19667 Dec 8, 2012
NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello El,
Ninja Princess Warrior is 2 years old. Her birthday was in October. She has a wardrobe and the girls will sometimes paint her nails. Lol.
We also have birds and cats.
My cat, Elijah, moved to my eldest daughter's apartment with her. He is long hair, black and white. He understands much of what we say. It is scary.
Another cat is some inbred thing off a farm. Her name is Bucca. She looks like a white siamese or something. Creams, whites, and some light greyish brown. She is sweet and sour. Lol. She'll come to you for attention, act as though she can't get enough, then turn around and bite you. She has crazy blue eyes.
Kimberly wants two yorkies. I tease her and tell her I will call them Peppermint and Patty, as in York Peppermint Patty. She gets so mad. Poor kid. Gotta put up with me.
I love kids and pets.
It's nice to stop by and chat. Enjoy your day.
'Afternoon NM..although late evening here.
I did enjoy hearing about your pets, love the names they have too,
can visualise them by your description...must confess I used to paint my French Poodles nails too, they were a miniature and a toy, jet black, I put scarlet ribbons in their hair and matching nail varnish. lol They travelled to the USA with me, considering I went there to stay.
Hope Kimberly gets her Yorkies one day...cute names you have lined up for them...:)
Bucca sounds a character, I have one like her, our Rosie blows hot and cold, you know they say cats give you 'cupboard love'..I never saw it before until Rosie, she is sweet as can be meal times, can be really wild other times...her dad has to be the feral who hung around for a while.
Elijah sounds adorable.
Great to talk pets...hope your day is going well.

“Hands across the sea”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#19668 Dec 8, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
Good morning all who visit this Kitchen. El the crew's getting bigger and I planned another build out after the holidays to accommodate the wonderful crowd.
As is tradition in Chicago, the Joffrey Ballet company is performing the Nutcracker. We're going to see it this afternoon. I love it and don't know how many I've seen it. The Russian Ballet Company is also in town performing ---- now that would be a fabulous interpretation!
A blessed Hanukkah filled with goodness and light and peace to any and all diners who celebrate.
Have a splendid weekend All!!
:-)
'Afternoon Quincy..really nice to see you. So...we could extend
at the back, a conservatory would be nice, it's South facing too so we would have the sun all day long, wicker furniture with deep
cushions, what d'ya think?
How was the ballet? Oh, imagine that, The Russian Ballet Co performing The Nutcracker, my all time favourite, that would be perfect. Let us know how you enjoyed it. Always something of interest going on in the entertainment world in Chicago, I know that from the newsletter I receive.
Have a great weekend, enjoy the rest....:)

“Hands across the sea”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#19669 Dec 8, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
El,
Wanted to say,
Looking forward to X FACTOR final tonight
and [I think] concluding tomorrow night..
Wonder if you'll be watching, I know
you said you were returning to it..
Whatever way it goes,
it is a splendid nail biting show.
KUDOS to all concerned, it has to be said,
they have simply kept us entertained for WEEEKS!
i have the log fire on..
as bottle o wine at the ready and 'GO'-----
I happen to like the final 3 contenders
Would LOVE to see Jahmene win..
I think the young man is extraordinary, by all standards,
such a versatile singer..
and a *real gent* to boot..
I love how he worked in Aldi's
makes it a kind of CINDERELLA story..
Not that there's anything wrong in
WORKING AT ALDI'S!!!
but, with a talent like he has,
I'm glad someone 'found' him.
May the best man win..
but my flag is flying high for JAHMENE,
when I heard him singing this >
link below, it filled my eyes with
tears of pure admiration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WLu1fi5FeOYXX
Evening Grace....just finished watching X-Factor...how on
earth do you choose, I really really like all three contestants,
I agree with you about Jahmene in that he is very gentlemanly
interesting to see him in his home surrounding, including the
church as well...and going back to Asda...I liked the second
song he did with Nicole better than his first one...
I have a soft spot for Christopher....really like his style...a good entertainer too..
But it was James moved me most withn his voice. Something about him, and I love his 'gravelly sound'...
Whoever of the three is chosen is absolutely fine with me..having now watched the show,rather than snippets of it, I believe the judges know precisely what they are talking about!!! I have a new regard for Louis tonight for what it's worth.

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#19670 Dec 8, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy to take her for a walk too -- leave coat unzipped a bit, pop her in, leave her head sticking out .... life's good!:)
I think she has an excellent life and I hope somehow that her previous mom knows.

I'm not sure how aware you are when you leave.

Sorry I missed this one.

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#19671 Dec 8, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Afternoon NM..although late evening here.
I did enjoy hearing about your pets, love the names they have too,
can visualise them by your description...must confess I used to paint my French Poodles nails too, they were a miniature and a toy, jet black, I put scarlet ribbons in their hair and matching nail varnish. lol They travelled to the USA with me, considering I went there to stay.
Hope Kimberly gets her Yorkies one day...cute names you have lined up for them...:)
Bucca sounds a character, I have one like her, our Rosie blows hot and cold, you know they say cats give you 'cupboard love'..I never saw it before until Rosie, she is sweet as can be meal times, can be really wild other times...her dad has to be the feral who hung around for a while.
Elijah sounds adorable.
Great to talk pets...hope your day is going well.
Pets do add something to life.

When Kimberly was young and a terror we had fish tanks. She loved them. They had a calming effect.

It is around 6:00 pm here. I work again tomorrow. I love this job. A top notch group of woman. And one happy, friendly man. They are a pleasure to work with. Something I needed right now. I don't see me leaving this job.

I'll write more in a minute. Dogs barking.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19672 Dec 8, 2012
NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. She is a lovable little creature.

Enjoy your weekend.

:)
You too Never Missed!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19673 Dec 8, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>'Afternoon Quincy..really nice to see you. So...we could extend
at the back, a conservatory would be nice, it's South facing too so we would have the sun all day long, wicker furniture with deep
cushions, what d'ya think?
How was the ballet? Oh, imagine that, The Russian Ballet Co performing The Nutcracker, my all time favourite, that would be perfect. Let us know how you enjoyed it. Always something of interest going on in the entertainment world in Chicago, I know that from the newsletter I receive.
Have a great weekend, enjoy the rest....:)
My husband has never seen it. Me, I love it and never tire of seeing it. It was just beautiful and quite amazing. More to my pleasant shock I could actually hear the dancers' feet pattering on the stage! This was ballet not tap! I was so pleasantly surprised I didn't think that's what I was actually hearing.

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#19674 Dec 9, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aldi's like the grocery store??
Yes indeed RM, but as
El correctly put ASDA'S another grocery store..
I incorectly said ALDI'S

Jahmene worked in Asda's stamping prices on
goods for the shelf.

Bless his beautiful voice, whatever the outcome
i think his Asda's days are numbered.

Now, RM,
I hope you have your Xmas stocking hanging up properly
else Santa might just pass by!(:

What is Christmas like where YOU live?

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#19675 Dec 9, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening Grace....just finished watching X-Factor...how on
earth do you choose, I really really like all three contestants,
I agree with you about Jahmene in that he is very gentlemanly
interesting to see him in his home surrounding, including the
church as well...and going back to Asda...I liked the second
song he did with Nicole better than his first one...
I have a soft spot for Christopher....really like his style...a good entertainer too..
But it was James moved me most withn his voice. Something about him, and I love his 'gravelly sound'...
Whoever of the three is chosen is absolutely fine with me..having now watched the show,rather than snippets of it, I believe the judges know precisely what they are talking about!!! I have a new regard for Louis tonight for what it's worth.
El, thanks,
and SO glad you watched it..
so we can share!

Yeah,'twas a topping show!
I watched it with an eagle eye!
tho Ali wasn't as interested! lol
wanted to play ball in the middle of it!!!

Yes, Chris has a very fine voice, and will
do well in any case, he has been given such
great exposure,
as indeed they all will!

and for once I agree the two remaining finalists
are neck in neck, eventho' I put my cards the
table .. favouring JAHMENE, who is unique, in my book.

and yet,

I also think James is a fine contestant,
very magnetic on stage and has a fabulous voice,
one could say they both have THE X FACTOR,
which is what it's all about:

May the best man win tonight.

Hotting up here now for Xmas!!!

I will give all my attention to it in
the coming week,
I hate to get bogged down the final week,
kinda like to 'come up for air'
so to speak! lol
and take in the carols, the sparkling lights
and general fleeting magical atmosphere.

Wishing ALL HERE a VERY good day..

“Hands across the sea”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#19676 Dec 9, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
My word! A country gal indeed, and a Isolde Farnon to boot!(I couldn't very well call you Siegfried or Tristan now could I ?!)
Charolais is quite a popular and prized breed here, and has been for quite some time. Angus is another. Herefords are fairly kept too. And dairy breeds Guernsey, Holtein, Jersey as well for some farms. Helped my cousins milk cows, feed chickens, and probably more feather plucking, etc. a few times.
One experience with swine: helped my father-in-law and vet holding 45-ish pound young male pigs up by their back legs to facilitate losing vital reproductive parts. Good part of an afternoon caused my ears and muscles to hurt. But, I had all my parts.
Also for him, I helped some with field prep via tractor pulled gang-disc prior to planting.
You could...but I wouldn't answer to it, LOL! I answered this last night btw, left it while I answered the 'phone..then forgot,
just so you know.
Trying to visualise a 45 pound hog. Pretty heavy I imagine.
Hope the hog didn't feel a thing. Welp, I never imagined I would be bringing a calf back to the farm in my pristine car, my long-suffering hubby (Peter) drove, I sat in the back with this gi-normous calf, he in the footwell resting his curly head on my shoulder. We drove through town and would you believe the Mayor was in the main street, I had the window open, he looked in amazement, and I waved at him, and shouted 'Prynoun Dda'(Good Afternoon). He waved back and grinned.
I had been held to ransome in one respect, as Kathy's calf had died in still birth, the farmer buried the calf in view of our lounge window, for three days Kathy had brevvied over the spot, then the farmer dismissed her with a wave of his hadn, saying 'she is barren, she will go to market on Friday'...I pleaded with him to spare her if I bought a calf to take her milk.....
Purely because I knew she wasn't barren, the farmer had been drunk when he should have been keeping an eye on her when she was due.
I helped often on his farm. It was an amazing place, run down, but in it's time the farmhouse had accommodated the King of England, as long ago as Edward 1st.
One day he taught me how to 'attract' the cows to the gate...he told me to shout 'Coooop, Coooop,' repeatedly, and they would come. I tried this, needless to say they didn't respond. Tured round, the farmer was doubled up with laughter.....:)

“Hands across the sea”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#19677 Dec 9, 2012
NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>
Pets do add something to life.
When Kimberly was young and a terror we had fish tanks. She loved them. They had a calming effect.
It is around 6:00 pm here. I work again tomorrow. I love this job. A top notch group of woman. And one happy, friendly man. They are a pleasure to work with. Something I needed right now. I don't see me leaving this job.
I'll write more in a minute. Dogs barking.
Great that you are enjoying your job and co-workers. Or work-mates
as we would say. It makes it a pleasure turning up for work.
I didn't tell you, one of our cats is a little feral, she is black
and has fangs,(I paint a pretty picture!) and howls, she was abandoned under our garden shed by her mother. It took me weeks to be able to catch her, I was feeding her by putting food underneath the shed, but she was soaked,,had to go for it. Until earlier this year, although she lives in the house, she would not allow anybody but myself, to touch her, made it difficult to apply pipettes and such, then this year, after having her for at least ten years, she went on my husband's knee. She has an absolute turn around of character, it's amazing. She is a little sweetie, called MillyMolly.
Interesting about the fish tank...I notice they have them in hospital waiting rooms, it suddenly strikes me, for the calming effect the fish have. Funnily enough, I have mine advertised in the local rag this week. Hmmm.

“Hands across the sea”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#19678 Dec 9, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband has never seen it. Me, I love it and never tire of seeing it. It was just beautiful and quite amazing. More to my pleasant shock I could actually hear the dancers' feet pattering on the stage! This was ballet not tap! I was so pleasantly surprised I didn't think that's what I was actually hearing.
That is truly wonderful that you could hear the dancer's feet Quincy...it's miraculous in a lot of respects, as they couldn't have been loud...very glad for you.
Occasionely I manage to visit the theatre where I lived when in England (Buxton Opera House)...seen some good shows there, one of which was Dancing on Ice..and if I am not mistaken it was the Russian Ballet Company..could be wrong, I shall have to find the programme. Whoever it was, it was beautifully done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The stunning facial inkings of a little known t... 2 min andet1987 21
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 8 min Mila Beaujolais 12,804
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 10 min Mila Beaujolais 1,514
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min Mila Beaujolais 22,214
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 14 min -ZAMASU- 148,477
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 15 min Princess Hey 48,298
2words into 2new words (May '12) 15 min wichita-rick 6,847
What Topics knows about you 33 min _Susan_ 85
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 39 min wichita-rick 207,146
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr whose who 2,460
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Suezanne 10,642
More from around the web