that sea gulls are so hungry they are killing
little sparrows for food these days.
I went to the local shop and brought back a few
bags of seeds,
just wanted to say here, if everyone became
conscious of it and gave a little of their
left overs to the starving birds, it would help
a lot.
The birds are scrounging, you say?? The sparrows are still about in these parts... it's been too warm for them to leave quite yet.

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello NM...you are always welcome, make yourself at home!
That's such a sweet little doggie, is she a Chihuahua (sp)
lovely expression.
Yes she is and I am madly in love with her.

I've already made my daughters aware that they are now second, third, and fourth in line. Lol. J/k.

I do love her though. She is so visibly appreciative of everyone and everything.

She is a 3 pounder that enjoys cat toys.

I appreciate how welcome you make me feel.

Do you have any pets that you are head over heels for?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Groucho AKA Falcon 68 wrote:
<quoted text>Plenty of eggs left... and some cheese if you'd like an omelette...
Good morning, Groucho .. some diced ham, extra please, and make it into an omelette and I'm a happy breakfast camper ... They make a mean ham and cheese omelette at the 620 Cafe in wherever it is, Round Rock, North Austin wherever ... best one I've ever had ... Thank you for breakfast ... and yes, I love the smell of percolating coffee, too!...
Good day to you ... make it a good one! Enjoy ... FC ...

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>Plenty of eggs left... and some cheese if you'd like an omelette...
You will love those eggs, they are from Brown Burford hens, I won't have any others. Will you rustle up an omelette for
our Flower please while you are at it! Enjoy....:)

Hi Flower...waving from the doorway, just bringing in some logs for the fire. <3

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Grace Nerissa wrote:
i was out walking with doggie,
brought old scraps, stale bread,
out of date oatmeal etc for the birds,
when I scattered them in the park
[with Ali safe locked in the car of course]
I was inundated with birds, starving ravenous
ones all coming to be fed,
I felt like the ole lady in 'Mary Poppins'
A lady came by, and we talked she told me
that sea gulls are so hungry they are killing
little sparrows for food these days.
I went to the local shop and brought back a few
bags of seeds,
just wanted to say here, if everyone became
conscious of it and gave a little of their
left overs to the starving birds, it would help
a lot.
It is important to feed the birds at this time of the year
particularly Grace, good for you for looking after these ones.
Sadly the seagulls do that, I was throwing bread for them at
the place we have a picnic when we go to the cinema, a lady
came up to let me know 1) it is against the law to feed them
(I thought that was a bit ridic) until she told me that one had killed a little Yorkshire Terrier the previous week.....
They do prevent any other birds getting the food, but I can't resist their funny little chicks, slip them something when nobody is looking.
I am feeding the garden birds, today has been sheer hell (lol) as I had to keep the cats in, and Rosie is a nightmare on four legs if she isn't allowed her own way...it has just gone dark, the little s...darling has just had her tea and I opened the door, out she went. Heaven.
I am getting a pair of Blackbirds visit, I give them mixed fruit I got for the Christmas Cake I haven't yet made...bits of chicken, moistened bread and butter....a Nuthatch is a daily visitor and masses of blue tits, coal tits...hang on, not seen any sparrows at all. They are on the decline apparently.

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Denny Crain wrote:
http://www.draftfcb.com/holida y2011/ Check this out. You can put a picture of your house in a snow globe :)
I love this, played with it for a bit, it's wonderful! t/y Den.

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>There's nothing to me that says 'good morning' to me, than the smell of fresh perculated coffee, and the aroma of frying bacon... AHHHH!!!
Then that is what will meet you as you come in the kitchen of a morning Falcon.....:) I will even throw on some grilled tomatoes.

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already made my daughters aware that they are now second, third, and fourth in line. Lol. J/k.
I do love her though. She is so visibly appreciative of everyone and everything.
She's adorable...I thought she was a 'she'...how old is she?
I can see she has a lovely personality and nature in her little
face.
The last dog I had was a tiny Yorkie weighing in at five pounds.
She was an adult when we rescued her from a breeder, and older than we were told she was. She brought us a lot of joy.
Just cats now, our eldest is 16 yrs. 4 months, he is a British Shorthair Silver Tabby, his best pal is Ginger Bailey, aged 15, we brought him home from the shelter where we used to help out, 14 and half years ago.
The baby of the cat family is Rosie Probert, she is a blue and cream tortie, with white socks, she is very knowing at two and half years of age.
My grandaughter said 'you love the cats more than us'...that is nonsense of course!
Glad you joined us NM...:)

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Lady Eleanor...
Reading through the page it seems Your day has been a good one so far and I hope that the remainder will be even better..
I have been steadly trying to get ready for Christmas, seems I'm lacking the spirit...
Having had the year I've had makes it really difficult to be cheerful.. I am blessed though and I know it... While so many have little or nothing.. I sit in a comfortable chair, able to use a computer and having more than enough food to eat... I am warm and dry and I have a warm clothing... So yes I do and will continue to count my little blessings and to try my best to accept the things I can not change...
Sending You and Yours my Warmest Wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

Leaving a fresh baked batch of Chocolate Cup Cakes... Chocolate, It's A Good Thing....
:o)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

LADY EL..MADAME GRACIE...
AND THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE REALM...

hope that prosecution ... is forth coming so sad why is someone's fun is another pain..

A nurse at the hospital that was duped by a prank call from two Australian radio DJs concerning Prince William's pregnant wife, Catherine, has apparently committed suicide, the hospital confirmed Friday.

The nurse "was recently the victim of a hoax call," King Edward VII Hospital said in a media statement.

The DJs impersonated Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles in the prank call, in which some details of the Duchess of Cambridge's condition and care were given.

Read more: Opinion: How will royal couple react to pregnancy prank?

“defusing bigot mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

-- every day --

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

tony1003 wrote:
If there is any good outcome of loss, for me it is an awaremess of how real this unreal cyber world is. Most of us have never met, yet those of us who behave on here as we would in the real world seem to have developed a bond amongst ourselves. Strange how one can call a person one has never met face to face friend - yet it is the correct word.
Hear, hear! Great post, Tony!

-- every day --

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear {{{Cuz Luke}}}...I can't find the words to thank you enough for allowing me into your life story as you have told here...I will treasure it and keep it close...I could almost see the places you mentioned and the family you portrayed, your family. Priceless, and simply, thank you.
Simply ... you're welcome and thanks for your interest.

Only striving in doing my part around here as all of you do well.:)
Groucho aka Falcon68

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Groucho .. some diced ham, extra please, and make it into an omelette and I'm a happy breakfast camper ... They make a mean ham and cheese omelette at the 620 Cafe in wherever it is, Round Rock, North Austin wherever ... best one I've ever had ... Thank you for breakfast ... and yes, I love the smell of percolating coffee, too!...
Good day to you ... make it a good one! Enjoy ... FC ...
Lovely to have you here for breakfast! I think Monday I'll pop in early to make drop biscuits and sausage gravy. I'll have to bring in some Jimmy Dean's sausage for that...

-- every day --

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Deer Luke ... good to see you ... everything is fine now ... good to go ... I'm pretty sure I'm back on track ... shouldn't have aired my illness on here and I apologize for that ... Hadn't been like that in 10-15 years ... drizzling out there and foggy this morning ... the Austin morning commute must be horrendous ... glad it's not me ... I'm just listening to some oldies station my bff turned me on to ... actually I like the Boston station Jeffrey (LPW thread) turn me on to better ... less talk more music ... I'll give it 30 more minutes try and then switch back to the Boston station ... Christmas music right now ... It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, la la la la la lol ...
Hope your day is bright, sunny and warm, Luke ... you're a sweetheart ... Hello to the lady and my deepest regards! >>hugs at the two of you<< FC <3 ...
{{{ FC }}} Drizzle and fog up here this morn also. In fact, was thinking "am I in Indiana or London (U.K)?" lol Fog burned off to an overcast gloom.. Oh well.

Don't make me blush so!!! Deck those halls !!! ;)

-- every day --

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>There's nothing to me that says 'good morning' to me, than the smell of fresh perculated coffee, and the aroma of frying bacon... AHHHH!!!
Ah, yes!!

-- every day --

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy to take her for a walk too -- leave coat unzipped a bit, pop her in, leave her head sticking out .... life's good!:)

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Wildbluerose wrote:
Lady Eleanor...
Reading through the page it seems Your day has been a good one so far and I hope that the remainder will be even better..
I have been steadly trying to get ready for Christmas, seems I'm lacking the spirit...
Having had the year I've had makes it really difficult to be cheerful.. I am blessed though and I know it... While so many have little or nothing.. I sit in a comfortable chair, able to use a computer and having more than enough food to eat... I am warm and dry and I have a warm clothing... So yes I do and will continue to count my little blessings and to try my best to accept the things I can not change...
Sending You and Yours my Warmest Wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
Leaving a fresh baked batch of Chocolate Cup Cakes... Chocolate, It's A Good Thing....
:o)
Hello Dear Rose, so nice to see you, I think of you often.
I think of you when I look out of my kitchen window and see
just the one David Austen fragrant climbing rose feverishly
clingling to Summer refusing to be bowed down by the Winter chill!
How many of us would care to admit that we have not got the Christmas spirit? I wonder. We try so hard, and at times I think we are 'going through the motions'...
well, I am about to turn this around, and NOW. Let's put some festive decs up in our cyber kitchen, got some pretty icicles for round the window and glittery snowflakes for the mirrors and on the windows, nice holly wreath for the door....voila...it's beginning to feel like Christmas.!...:)
Seriously Rose, it will come, the true meaning that is, nearer the day.
Always remember, Somebody loves you.
Have a happy afternoon and evening my friend.
Elxx

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

tallyho wrote:
LADY EL..MADAME GRACIE...
AND THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE REALM...
hope that prosecution ... is forth coming so sad why is someone's fun is another pain..
A nurse at the hospital that was duped by a prank call from two Australian radio DJs concerning Prince William's pregnant wife, Catherine, has apparently committed suicide, the hospital confirmed Friday.
The nurse "was recently the victim of a hoax call," King Edward VII Hospital said in a media statement.
The DJs impersonated Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles in the prank call, in which some details of the Duchess of Cambridge's condition and care were given.
Read more: Opinion: How will royal couple react to pregnancy prank?
It's incredibly sad, a mother of two, a highly regarded nurse.
She was not rebuked by her employers and was given all the support after she was taken in by the pranksters. They must feel particularly bad about the whole thing, when after all, it was just a joke which misfired.
It is bound to have some impact on the Royal couple.
I cannot percieve what must have been going through this nurse's mind that she should take her own life.

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply ... you're welcome and thanks for your interest.
Only striving in doing my part around here as all of you do well.:)
I found it fascinating, I don't mind telling you. I wish more would be so forthcoming.
Incidentally, I knew Trenton, NJ very well, I lived in Rahway prior to moving to NYC.
Something else in common, weekends and holidays I helped on a farm, as a teen I milked cows by hand. Since coming to Wales this city girl as I fancied myself, lol, helped my neighbour, a reclusive farmer, deliver a Welsh Black calf, treat his sheep's feet, milk goats and keep hens. A country gal....:)
A firm believer in adapting to my surroundings.
When one of his calves was stillborn, I travelled 50 miles to buy a Charolais cross calf and bring her back in my car to the farm to be put to his Welsh Black bereaved cow, Kathy. Otherwise she would have gone to market.
My farming experiences in a nutshell...

-- every day --

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I found it fascinating, I don't mind telling you. I wish more would be so forthcoming.
Incidentally, I knew Trenton, NJ very well, I lived in Rahway prior to moving to NYC.
Something else in common, weekends and holidays I helped on a farm, as a teen I milked cows by hand. Since coming to Wales this city girl as I fancied myself, lol, helped my neighbour, a reclusive farmer, deliver a Welsh Black calf, treat his sheep's feet, milk goats and keep hens. A country gal....:)
A firm believer in adapting to my surroundings.
When one of his calves was stillborn, I travelled 50 miles to buy a Charolais cross calf and bring her back in my car to the farm to be put to his Welsh Black bereaved cow, Kathy. Otherwise she would have gone to market.
My farming experiences in a nutshell...
My word! A country gal indeed, and a Isolde Farnon to boot!(I couldn't very well call you Siegfried or Tristan now could I ?!)

Charolais is quite a popular and prized breed here, and has been for quite some time. Angus is another. Herefords are fairly kept too. And dairy breeds Guernsey, Holtein, Jersey as well for some farms. Helped my cousins milk cows, feed chickens, and probably more feather plucking, etc. a few times.

One experience with swine: helped my father-in-law and vet holding 45-ish pound young male pigs up by their back legs to facilitate losing vital reproductive parts. Good part of an afternoon caused my ears and muscles to hurt. But, I had all my parts.
Also for him, I helped some with field prep via tractor pulled gang-disc prior to planting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 8 min dragoon70056 1,822
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min Isaac The Bartender 18,273
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 10 min Isaac The Battender 165
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min inbred Genius 114,924
Fergson Police Dept. 14 min reebie 283
I love you because.............. (Mar '09) 15 min Princess Hey 4,444
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 17 min CJ Rocker 4,820
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 37 min Princess Hey 144,994
What's your tip for the day? 57 min DMAN 774
•••