El's Kitchen

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#19639 Dec 7, 2012
Groucho AKA Falcon 68 wrote:
<quoted text>There's nothing to me that says 'good morning' to me, than the smell of fresh perculated coffee, and the aroma of frying bacon... AHHHH!!!
Then that is what will meet you as you come in the kitchen of a morning Falcon.....:) I will even throw on some grilled tomatoes.

Location hidden

#19640 Dec 7, 2012
NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes she is and I am madly in love with her.
I've already made my daughters aware that they are now second, third, and fourth in line. Lol. J/k.
I do love her though. She is so visibly appreciative of everyone and everything.
She is a 3 pounder that enjoys cat toys.
I appreciate how welcome you make me feel.
Do you have any pets that you are head over heels for?
She's adorable...I thought she was a 'she'...how old is she?
I can see she has a lovely personality and nature in her little
face.
The last dog I had was a tiny Yorkie weighing in at five pounds.
She was an adult when we rescued her from a breeder, and older than we were told she was. She brought us a lot of joy.
Just cats now, our eldest is 16 yrs. 4 months, he is a British Shorthair Silver Tabby, his best pal is Ginger Bailey, aged 15, we brought him home from the shelter where we used to help out, 14 and half years ago.
The baby of the cat family is Rosie Probert, she is a blue and cream tortie, with white socks, she is very knowing at two and half years of age.
My grandaughter said 'you love the cats more than us'...that is nonsense of course!
Glad you joined us NM...:)

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#19641 Dec 7, 2012
Lady Eleanor...
Reading through the page it seems Your day has been a good one so far and I hope that the remainder will be even better..
I have been steadly trying to get ready for Christmas, seems I'm lacking the spirit...
Having had the year I've had makes it really difficult to be cheerful.. I am blessed though and I know it... While so many have little or nothing.. I sit in a comfortable chair, able to use a computer and having more than enough food to eat... I am warm and dry and I have a warm clothing... So yes I do and will continue to count my little blessings and to try my best to accept the things I can not change...
Sending You and Yours my Warmest Wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

Leaving a fresh baked batch of Chocolate Cup Cakes... Chocolate, It's A Good Thing....
:o)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#19642 Dec 7, 2012
LADY EL..MADAME GRACIE...
AND THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE REALM...

hope that prosecution ... is forth coming so sad why is someone's fun is another pain..

A nurse at the hospital that was duped by a prank call from two Australian radio DJs concerning Prince William's pregnant wife, Catherine, has apparently committed suicide, the hospital confirmed Friday.

The nurse "was recently the victim of a hoax call," King Edward VII Hospital said in a media statement.

The DJs impersonated Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles in the prank call, in which some details of the Duchess of Cambridge's condition and care were given.

Read more: Opinion: How will royal couple react to pregnancy prank?

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#19643 Dec 7, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
If there is any good outcome of loss, for me it is an awaremess of how real this unreal cyber world is. Most of us have never met, yet those of us who behave on here as we would in the real world seem to have developed a bond amongst ourselves. Strange how one can call a person one has never met face to face friend - yet it is the correct word.
Hear, hear! Great post, Tony!

informs against BS

#19644 Dec 7, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear {{{Cuz Luke}}}...I can't find the words to thank you enough for allowing me into your life story as you have told here...I will treasure it and keep it close...I could almost see the places you mentioned and the family you portrayed, your family. Priceless, and simply, thank you.
Simply ... you're welcome and thanks for your interest.

Only striving in doing my part around here as all of you do well.:)
Groucho aka Falcon68

Dearborn, MI

#19645 Dec 7, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Groucho .. some diced ham, extra please, and make it into an omelette and I'm a happy breakfast camper ... They make a mean ham and cheese omelette at the 620 Cafe in wherever it is, Round Rock, North Austin wherever ... best one I've ever had ... Thank you for breakfast ... and yes, I love the smell of percolating coffee, too!...
Good day to you ... make it a good one! Enjoy ... FC ...
Lovely to have you here for breakfast! I think Monday I'll pop in early to make drop biscuits and sausage gravy. I'll have to bring in some Jimmy Dean's sausage for that...

informs against BS

#19646 Dec 7, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Deer Luke ... good to see you ... everything is fine now ... good to go ... I'm pretty sure I'm back on track ... shouldn't have aired my illness on here and I apologize for that ... Hadn't been like that in 10-15 years ... drizzling out there and foggy this morning ... the Austin morning commute must be horrendous ... glad it's not me ... I'm just listening to some oldies station my bff turned me on to ... actually I like the Boston station Jeffrey (LPW thread) turn me on to better ... less talk more music ... I'll give it 30 more minutes try and then switch back to the Boston station ... Christmas music right now ... It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, la la la la la lol ...
Hope your day is bright, sunny and warm, Luke ... you're a sweetheart ... Hello to the lady and my deepest regards! >>hugs at the two of you<< FC <3 ...
{{{ FC }}} Drizzle and fog up here this morn also. In fact, was thinking "am I in Indiana or London (U.K)?" lol Fog burned off to an overcast gloom.. Oh well.

Don't make me blush so!!! Deck those halls !!! ;)

informs against BS

#19647 Dec 7, 2012
Groucho AKA Falcon 68 wrote:
<quoted text>There's nothing to me that says 'good morning' to me, than the smell of fresh perculated coffee, and the aroma of frying bacon... AHHHH!!!
Ah, yes!!

informs against BS

#19648 Dec 7, 2012
NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes she is and I am madly in love with her.
I've already made my daughters aware that they are now second, third, and fourth in line. Lol. J/k.
I do love her though. She is so visibly appreciative of everyone and everything.
She is a 3 pounder that enjoys cat toys.
I appreciate how welcome you make me feel.
Do you have any pets that you are head over heels for?
Easy to take her for a walk too -- leave coat unzipped a bit, pop her in, leave her head sticking out .... life's good!:)

Location hidden

#19649 Dec 7, 2012
Wildbluerose wrote:
Lady Eleanor...
Reading through the page it seems Your day has been a good one so far and I hope that the remainder will be even better..
I have been steadly trying to get ready for Christmas, seems I'm lacking the spirit...
Having had the year I've had makes it really difficult to be cheerful.. I am blessed though and I know it... While so many have little or nothing.. I sit in a comfortable chair, able to use a computer and having more than enough food to eat... I am warm and dry and I have a warm clothing... So yes I do and will continue to count my little blessings and to try my best to accept the things I can not change...
Sending You and Yours my Warmest Wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
Leaving a fresh baked batch of Chocolate Cup Cakes... Chocolate, It's A Good Thing....
:o)
Hello Dear Rose, so nice to see you, I think of you often.
I think of you when I look out of my kitchen window and see
just the one David Austen fragrant climbing rose feverishly
clingling to Summer refusing to be bowed down by the Winter chill!
How many of us would care to admit that we have not got the Christmas spirit? I wonder. We try so hard, and at times I think we are 'going through the motions'...
well, I am about to turn this around, and NOW. Let's put some festive decs up in our cyber kitchen, got some pretty icicles for round the window and glittery snowflakes for the mirrors and on the windows, nice holly wreath for the door....voila...it's beginning to feel like Christmas.!...:)
Seriously Rose, it will come, the true meaning that is, nearer the day.
Always remember, Somebody loves you.
Have a happy afternoon and evening my friend.
Elxx

Location hidden

#19650 Dec 7, 2012
tallyho wrote:
LADY EL..MADAME GRACIE...
AND THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE REALM...
hope that prosecution ... is forth coming so sad why is someone's fun is another pain..
A nurse at the hospital that was duped by a prank call from two Australian radio DJs concerning Prince William's pregnant wife, Catherine, has apparently committed suicide, the hospital confirmed Friday.
The nurse "was recently the victim of a hoax call," King Edward VII Hospital said in a media statement.
The DJs impersonated Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles in the prank call, in which some details of the Duchess of Cambridge's condition and care were given.
Read more: Opinion: How will royal couple react to pregnancy prank?
It's incredibly sad, a mother of two, a highly regarded nurse.
She was not rebuked by her employers and was given all the support after she was taken in by the pranksters. They must feel particularly bad about the whole thing, when after all, it was just a joke which misfired.
It is bound to have some impact on the Royal couple.
I cannot percieve what must have been going through this nurse's mind that she should take her own life.

Location hidden

#19651 Dec 7, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply ... you're welcome and thanks for your interest.
Only striving in doing my part around here as all of you do well.:)
I found it fascinating, I don't mind telling you. I wish more would be so forthcoming.
Incidentally, I knew Trenton, NJ very well, I lived in Rahway prior to moving to NYC.
Something else in common, weekends and holidays I helped on a farm, as a teen I milked cows by hand. Since coming to Wales this city girl as I fancied myself, lol, helped my neighbour, a reclusive farmer, deliver a Welsh Black calf, treat his sheep's feet, milk goats and keep hens. A country gal....:)
A firm believer in adapting to my surroundings.
When one of his calves was stillborn, I travelled 50 miles to buy a Charolais cross calf and bring her back in my car to the farm to be put to his Welsh Black bereaved cow, Kathy. Otherwise she would have gone to market.
My farming experiences in a nutshell...

informs against BS

#19652 Dec 7, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I found it fascinating, I don't mind telling you. I wish more would be so forthcoming.
Incidentally, I knew Trenton, NJ very well, I lived in Rahway prior to moving to NYC.
Something else in common, weekends and holidays I helped on a farm, as a teen I milked cows by hand. Since coming to Wales this city girl as I fancied myself, lol, helped my neighbour, a reclusive farmer, deliver a Welsh Black calf, treat his sheep's feet, milk goats and keep hens. A country gal....:)
A firm believer in adapting to my surroundings.
When one of his calves was stillborn, I travelled 50 miles to buy a Charolais cross calf and bring her back in my car to the farm to be put to his Welsh Black bereaved cow, Kathy. Otherwise she would have gone to market.
My farming experiences in a nutshell...
My word! A country gal indeed, and a Isolde Farnon to boot!(I couldn't very well call you Siegfried or Tristan now could I ?!)

Charolais is quite a popular and prized breed here, and has been for quite some time. Angus is another. Herefords are fairly kept too. And dairy breeds Guernsey, Holtein, Jersey as well for some farms. Helped my cousins milk cows, feed chickens, and probably more feather plucking, etc. a few times.

One experience with swine: helped my father-in-law and vet holding 45-ish pound young male pigs up by their back legs to facilitate losing vital reproductive parts. Good part of an afternoon caused my ears and muscles to hurt. But, I had all my parts.
Also for him, I helped some with field prep via tractor pulled gang-disc prior to planting.

informs against BS

#19653 Dec 7, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It's incredibly sad, a mother of two, a highly regarded nurse.
She was not rebuked by her employers and was given all the support after she was taken in by the pranksters. They must feel particularly bad about the whole thing, when after all, it was just a joke which misfired.
It is bound to have some impact on the Royal couple.
I cannot percieve what must have been going through this nurse's mind that she should take her own life.
Sad, sad ...very sad development. News is that radio hosts have been told not to come to work until further notice.

With some exceptions allowing for the relationships of parties involved, and nature of the prank, I'm not a keen fan of practical jokes. Not at all.

informs against BS

#19654 Dec 7, 2012
Knowing/recognizing that 1939 up through and beyond the Blitz is very dear to folks on the Auld Sod Isles:

This day, Friday December 7 is the 71st anniversary of the 1941 Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor, Hawaii moving Americans off our collective arses to enter the War.

For this side of the Atlantic, "The Day That Will Live In Infamy" [FDR]
To do what all needed to be done by all of the Allies.

Good evening/good morning Kitchen-eers! Golden slumbers wished.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19655 Dec 7, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>It took me years to understand "normal" after what I had endured!
My heart to ALL the civilians that supported their military, the REAL 12th man!!
Certainly makes getting all upset cause someone cut you off on the freeway seem pretty trivial.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19656 Dec 7, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Was that a 'rank' situation then Quincy...not sure if pilots must
be officers in the USAF. They were actually on suicide missions
half the time....the strain must have been tremendous.
Army soldiers did the ground work of course, heartbreaking to think
of what they all went through.
Might have been a 'rank' situation. The older of the two was the Airforce pilot and perhaps an officer, I don't know. The younger if the two was the Army grunt.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#19657 Dec 8, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Very thought provoking post,
with a 100 ways of looking at it.
Yes,I agree about the uniqueness of the
cyber world, and one of the other strange aspects is,
if one has NO idea
of what a poster looks like [they might use a cartoon figure
for avatar pic, for example] but strangely 'we' will put a 'face'
on that person ourselves, we won't respond to just 'a post'
until we have turned it into some kind of person.
Is that just me or is it universal?
and isn't it strange too how we act[ generally speaking]
to criticism, from someone we never met or will meet! lol!
Would be interesting to hear further comments to your
interesting post Tony.
I think it's a natural human reaction to personify a poster: for me it depends on how regularly I post with an individual as to whether I do. I certainly don't do it for trolls! Does lead to some amusing mistakes - just found out someone I've exchanged posts with for a while is female not male (she made reference to her husband in a post)! I use my real face, but I can understand why many do not.

As with any non-verbal communication (and some verbal!), misunderstanding can occur. We post very swiftly (or I do at times) which can mean we don't express what we mean to write (and make typos). Thus, we can appear more critcal than we mean to be, or a comment is seen as a criticism when it is not meant in that way. In some cases, posters use language that in the RW, they would not consider saying to someone's face - the anonimity of the keyboard has much for which it should answer. All pretty obvious I guess, but thought I'd chuck in my ten pennyworth.

See you all in six days if I haven't turned into an iceberg on the water!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#19658 Dec 8, 2012
Oh goodie, I'm not in Christchurch according to my avatar. Hear it's a nice place - much more pleasant than Southampton, Northampton, Bedford, Kettering and the other places Topix has had me located!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 7 min DILF 30,670
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min DILF 15,503
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: (Apr '15) 10 min DILF 5,750
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 10 min ImFree2Choose 43,050
7 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter 12 min ImFree2Choose 672
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min Hellbilly 181,280
Favorite Oldies Songs (Jun '10) 28 min Just Bev 18,866
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr 8541 MARINE 1,891
More from around the web