|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right Franko, they have smaller bags of popcorn and a coke, that is only 3. 95 but it's hardly worth having. Imagine taking a bunch of children to the cinema and having to pay that much.
I took a milk shake in one time and produced it from my bag just before the lights went down, quick as a flash, the lady along the row said 'mind the usher doesn't see you, you are not supposed to bring in your own refreshments'...I was in two minds whether to tell her 'mind yours' instead of which I politely thanked her, but it's like living under a dictatorship!...:)
Dictatorship??? LOL!!! But like I said, they need ot make teh money to pay those actors ..... they need those 15,000 square foot mansions and Ferraris .....

ANy time I have a group going to a movie we always eat and drink somewhere else before we go it .. it's the only way.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll have none of this sort of thing in the kitchen
if you don't mind Missus...hahaha
I felt a bit bad jokingly repeating what that fellow on Sky News
said about his mug, toilet humour not being our scene Grace and
friends, but it was funny when HE said it as he usually a dignified chap.
I lkie Will and Kate, the latest is she has been discharged from hospital, not the best start to her pregnancy, but she looks fine and hopefully all will go well for them now.
my ex had a lot of morning sickness as well ...in the end though she gained less wieght during the pregnancy .. but both our kids were under 7 pounds at birth, still a healthy wieght and easier on her at birth .. so I tried to get her to see the bright side ...

One night we were at a class where they train women prior to birth .. the first night, the lady running it asked all the women to describe each trimester and to discuss things like morning sickness ... obviously to make the women all realize they are not alone in thie rsuffering ... as expected most of the women gave similar experiences with slight variations ... then one woman with an overly cheery voice, said she never had morning sickenss, never had heartburn in her third trimester, she never felt better. etc etc .... I think no one believed her, to be honest ... my wife leaned over to me and muttered "I HATE HER!!!!" I almost laughed out loud....

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
>>whoosh<< lol ...
watch out!!! You might knock that tree down!!! NOw go pick up those ornaments!
Groucho aka Falcon68

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno Falcon...I am just on my way out, well not exactly, am
heading for the stove as making an early meal and catching the
match. Now there are some nice eggs in the fridge (free range)
and a pack of Lake District Extra Strong Cheddar......be my guest!....:)
Hmm... no bacon. bangers will do.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>my ex had a lot of morning sickness as well ...in the end though she gained less wieght during the pregnancy .. but both our kids were under 7 pounds at birth, still a healthy wieght and easier on her at birth .. so I tried to get her to see the bright side ...

One night we were at a class where they train women prior to birth .. the first night, the lady running it asked all the women to describe each trimester and to discuss things like morning sickness ... obviously to make the women all realize they are not alone in thie rsuffering ... as expected most of the women gave similar experiences with slight variations ... then one woman with an overly cheery voice, said she never had morning sickenss, never had heartburn in her third trimester, she never felt better. etc etc .... I think no one believed her, to be honest ... my wife leaned over to me and muttered "I HATE HER!!!!" I almost laughed out loud....
We had the same experience!
Thanks for the belly laugh!!!

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>it is amazing how many phrases can have double meanings ... one has to be careful ...
Tell me about it!!!!

We all do it,
my worst one by far was..
when I was teaching my 18 yr old grandson
how to drive,
we were around the block as usual, and finally,
under my instruction, I told him
'indicate in' come to 'a gradual stop'
'go into neutral' and NEVER forget the handbrake,
explaining if he were on a hilly place, the car would
fall back, I was so engrossed in all this,
I was tslking quicker than I was thinking..when I told him..
'and BE SURE the handbrake is properly secured'

'like this' said I, showing him

give it a real good yank!
only..
putting the letter 'W' in place of
'Y' in Yank!!

I was truly mortified!
He looked, saw my mistake and burst out laughing,
and said 'Don't worry, I know you didn't intend that,
I'm only surprised you knew what it meant!!!!' LOL LOL!

I replied...

"My lovely young man, listen..
When you were but a twinkle in my son's eye..
I had well learned my way round this old world'!!!!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
We had the same experience!
Thanks for the belly laugh!!!
If we had known the other couples in the room I am sure many would have concurred with my wife ....

FUnny how certain things become stories you tell years later ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about it!!!!
We all do it,
my worst one by far was..
when I was teaching my 18 yr old grandson
how to drive,
we were around the block as usual, and finally,
under my instruction, I told him
'indicate in' come to 'a gradual stop'
'go into neutral' and NEVER forget the handbrake,
explaining if he were on a hilly place, the car would
fall back, I was so engrossed in all this,
I was tslking quicker than I was thinking..when I told him..
'and BE SURE the handbrake is properly secured'
'like this' said I, showing him
give it a real good yank!
only..
putting the letter 'W' in place of
'Y' in Yank!!
I was truly mortified!
He looked, saw my mistake and burst out laughing,
and said 'Don't worry, I know you didn't intend that,
I'm only surprised you knew what it meant!!!!' LOL LOL!
I replied...
"My lovely young man, listen..
When you were but a twinkle in my son's eye..
I had well learned my way round this old world'!!!!!
HHAAH! Cute story ....

Reminds me of a comment a freind's father told him about "being worldly" ...

he would say "LIsten son. I was playing basketball in Baghdad while you were still in dad's bag"

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry ER, would have let you know, but didn't think you knew S & P - I PM'd Denny to tell him as I knew he was a pal of hers.
It's a tough time, Tony..
and, I think the Christmas season
has an art in pulling at the heart strings
a little stronger.

I felt your sadness and

left you a post in INTERESTING QUOTES thread.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning all and afternoon to some!
The Community Festival was voted the best festival in the state of Ohio for the year 2010!
We are volunteer only! No corporate sponsors! Plus, we are a non profit, so all monies made go back to the festival. We also have a grants program that has given away almost 50k!
Check out the web site, comfest.com .
Our son and daughter have volunteered for years! They receive community service hours for their university and high school.
Hi Boomer >>waves<< how was your day? I checked out the websites, very cool! And a very cool idea ... The money goes back into the the program and it's a win-win! Way cool!... What a wonderful way to give back to the community ... and a teaching tool for the son and daughter on responsibility ... double win-win ... good for you!... That's great!... If only more parents would step up like that what a wonderful world it would be ... there probably are we just don't hear too much about it ... wish we did ...
It was a pretty good day ... my hammy's, quads, traps, everything on my body are screaming at me ... it's going to be an early night for me ... Hope your day was a good one ... Have a great evening and thanks for sharing your story with us ... Peace~FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

franko wrote:
<quoted text>watch out!!! You might knock that tree down!!! NOw go pick up those ornaments!
I like it when you're bossy, franko LOL *wink*...

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

please try this , UK , may not play but

lets try this .......

www.youtube.com/watch ...

I was a more Elvis style.. a tad slower

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

hum , make that national shag dance 2012 jr champs kayla/jeremey

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Good evening and morning for ones on the Auld Isle Sods.

I see that a duo of radio 'talent' pranked the Royals. In a public setting, Prince Charles commented about it in humor, though Buckingham Palace's PR statements were stern "all business".

And the good Duchess was discharged today ... that's a good thing.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Lady El ... I slept well night before last and last night ... that is a good thing ... The cough seems to be dissipating and I feel really well ... I may have over done it at the gym yesterday and feel it in my traps but not too bad ... I am suited out and ready to go back today for the floor mats, core exercise and some cardio exercises ... back to the machines and free weights tomorrow the good Lord willing ... I feel healthier today than yesterday so maybe the kid is on a comeback! I certainly hope so ...
so, how are YOU?... all's good?... talk to me, lol ... getting ready for the holidays?... I think the holidays around here are going to be fun ... at least I'm excited about them ... nothing special planned and IDK why I'm excited ... maybe because of the cooler weather ... 70's and 80's instead of 90's which is not unusual for this time of year ... January is usually our colder month and when our winter begins ...
well, have an awesome day and take care! Nice to see you! Love, FC <3 ...
OH dear FC ... sorry you've been sick and glad you're on the up-tick! <3

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

franko wrote:
<quoted text>thought I'd save you the trouble of blowing with your breath ... you could pop an aneurism trying that on an entire tree.
Oh Thanks, Franko!

Actually I had to confirm that my upright vac doesn't have a "blower" outlet; nor a switch to reverse the function with hose and wand. But the small portable air compressor I have in the garage will do it up just fine!

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Dear Luke. We had a mad chase along the A55 to get there
on time, and of course there is always something to slow one down,
one of the lanes was shut due to road works, fortunately
P is able to put his foot down, too much so, lol, got there with five minutes to spare. You can imagine my delight when the opening scenes of the movie were of a car chase! Got into it
after about 15 minutes and enjoyed it eventually.
Thinking back to when growing up, we had four cinemas within walking distance, my uncle took me to the cinema, or the pictures as we called it, every Friday night, stopping at the sweet shop
on the way. Happy times.
I take it you lived quite rural growing up?
What an adventure then!:){{{ Cuz Eleanor }}}

Yes, a rural town of maybe 350-400 human souls.

Only as an infant did I live in the city where I was born; where Dad worked until retirement. As a wee toddler we moved to a community where he grew up, then out of that small town to country, renting a farmhouse on a working farm. The landlord had dominion on the farm part, but there must have been an arrangement. I have vague memories of "helping" mom collect eggs, and at least one memory of her dispatching an adult for a meal. Then or another time, I had to help pluck feathers. Also remember bottle-feeding a calf. As the farmer wanted to move in his house, we moved to another rental country house of a family "settlement" surrounded by fields.

Parents bought a house back in the town where we had lived before "going country". There was the township school for grades 1-12, 3 churches, 2 petrol stations, a drug/general store, a small grocery store, another general store with essential grocery items, Masonic Lodge, barber shop, hardware store, 2 small restaurants, and a grain elevator situated at the railroad.

The county seat was about 10 miles distance where 2 movie theaters, "supermarkets", and all of the commerce truly useful in living.

Then ... with the influences of newspapers, magazines, TV, driving when of age; and consolidation of school systems the world expanded and changed, as did "we".

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Dear Luke. We had a mad chase along the A55 to get there
on time, and of course there is always something to slow one down,
one of the lanes was shut due to road works, fortunately
P is able to put his foot down, too much so, lol, got there with five minutes to spare. You can imagine my delight when the opening scenes of the movie were of a car chase! Got into it
after about 15 minutes and enjoyed it eventually.
Thinking back to when growing up, we had four cinemas within walking distance, my uncle took me to the cinema, or the pictures as we called it, every Friday night, stopping at the sweet shop
on the way. Happy times.
I take it you lived quite rural growing up?
Filling in a bit more -- when I was deemed "ready", I helped farmers of the area with their summer haying for savings and spending money. Still had house/yard chores as well.
First wife was a farm girl. At one point, we had a mobile home on the farm property. I worked full time or part-time with university (commuting there); helped with farm duties as I could and/or really, really needed, but it wasn't regular, frequent activities.

Have lived in and near Indianapolis (mid-sized town there), St. Louis suburb, thriving medium-sized city south of Trenton, NJ; and back again for a bit in my birth city in Indiana.

Then a second life "country-living" in a different Indiana area without farming involved.

Glad you shared your movies with uncle time!:)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Thanks, Franko!
Actually I had to confirm that my upright vac doesn't have a "blower" outlet; nor a switch to reverse the function with hose and wand. But the small portable air compressor I have in the garage will do it up just fine!
well good thing you have that air compressor. I used to work with my dad on weekends in the bodyshop where he worked .. that compressor was POWERFUL!! We used to blow off all the dust off the cars as we worked and of course, especially just prior to doing a full sized paint job.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a tough time, Tony..
and, I think the Christmas season
has an art in pulling at the heart strings
a little stronger.
I felt your sadness and
left you a post in INTERESTING QUOTES thread.
Found it thanks. It's a beautiful song, as so many of the Irish ones are. Years ago, used to play in a band that did a fair few Irish numbers, although not that one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••