|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>EL ... that was honest, not mean ... the fact is that the theatres do indeed rake us over the coals as far as price of food and drink .... how else will they pay those $20 million wages of the actors?
I know....seven pounds ninety five for a bag of popcorn and
a coke, not even keen on coke, it's daylight robbery!
I noticed the lady on one side of me had taken in her own,
she surrepticiously took a drink throughout the movie...not
that I was watching, lol. Actually, she and her partner
were most kind, they had the end seats and moved up the row
to make it easier for P and did so cheerfully. Nice people.

“June”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>thought I'd save you the trouble of blowing with your breath ... you could pop an aneurism trying that on an entire tree.
LOL

That's funny..

Imagine the Doc.

'And my good man how did you get
this aneurism?'

'I was blowing the dust off my Christmas tree' Ha ha!

why didn't you let the wind do that! ha!

“June”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
A slight difference Grace, with all due respect. I responded to
interest in what was a war involving the world, hence WW11, my own personal recollections, I was talking about hundreds of enemy aircraft droning overhead, bombing cities, it would have to be heard to be believed. Being brought up in darkness as no lights
had to be shown from windows after daylight hours.
I am not minimising any of the problems relating to Ireland, quite the opposite, but you yourself didn't live through those times, and that is what I was responding to.
It is gratifying to learn that the atrocities committed by the said
Black and Tans so repelled any decent minded Briton, that it helped bring about a more peaceful time.
"However, many of the atrocities popularly attributed to the Black and Tans may have been committed by the Auxiliary Division; and some were committed by Irish RIC men. For instance, Tomás Mac Curtain, the Mayor of Cork, was assassinated in March 1920 by local RIC men and the massacre of 13 civilians at Croke Park on Bloody Sunday was also carried out by the RIC although a small detachment of Auxiliaries were also present. However, most Republicans did not make a distinction, and "Black and Tans" was often used as a catch-all term for all police and army groups.
The actions of the Black and Tans alienated public opinion in both Ireland and Great Britain. Their violent tactics encouraged both sides to move towards a peaceful resolution. Edward Wood MP, better known as the future Foreign Secretary Lord Halifax, rejected force and urged the British government to make an offer to the Irish "conceived on the most generous lines".[6] Sir John Simon MP, another future Foreign Secretary, was also horrified at the tactics being used. Lionel Curtis, writing in the imperialist journal The Round Table, wrote: "If the British Commonwealth can only be preserved by such means, it would become a negation of the principle for which it has stood".[7] The King, senior Anglican bishops, MPs from the Liberal and Labour parties, Oswald Mosley, Jan Smuts, the Trades Union Congress and parts of the press were increasingly critical of the actions of the Black and Tans. Mahatma Gandhi said of the British peace offer: "It is not fear of losing more lives that has compelled a reluctant offer from England but it is the shame of any further imposition of agony upon a people that loves liberty above everything else".[8]"
True El,
Point well taken.
and thanks for a very good post,
Must have been frightening having lived through that..

One thing I remember from those times..
was the rationing, I remember my late parents
having a matchbox full of sugar EACh,
and at meal time they would take the little
box out and carefull dropp a little in the tea,
well as a very small child I thought this was 'WONDERFUL:'!!!
and HOW I longed to have a matchbox full of sugar of my VERY OWN(:

The shining innocence of a child's mind!

A few other things.

CONGRATS on the great ROYAL news -
hope Kate will be ok,
I remember a light 'morning sickness'
in one pregnancy, and what a horrid feeling,
I recall how every scent in a supermarket
seemed heightened, a mix of baked bread, washing powder,
meat, polish etc.. all seemed to mingle and turn my stomach..

and I only had a mild type,
I really FEEL sorry for her having such
a serious version and hope it will be short lived.

I believe there's big snow in the UK..
cold enuf here too!

So glad you enjoyed SKYFALL<
it was pure escapism, wasn't it?

Well
today is budget day here,
and all the predictions are,
that we are going to be skint alive!!!

Happy day El & everyone here,
keep warm.

“June”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

El,
Referring back to your #19516

True,
Point well taken.
and thanks for a very good post, El.

A few other things.

hope Kate will be ok,
I remember a light form 'morning sickness'
even that was;

I recall how my sense of smell

became heightened, and in a supermarket,
a mix of baked bread, washing powder,
meat, polish etc.. all seemed to mingle and
come at me together turning my stomach..
tho' it didn't last long.

and I only had a mild form,

cold enuf here too!

Well
that we are going to be skint alive!!(:

keep warm.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

is this TRUE:

Marouane Fellaini to Arsenal? Arsene Wenger says ‘Yes’
Groucho aka falcon68

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to hear that you got the knee surgery done Falcon,
just the one knee? You will be glad in time you went for it.
I do love the Graham Norton show, he has the most interesting guests, it's a funny old world though, here am I watching American
shows and our home grown ones are popular over there.
I could watch Fawlty Towers series all over again, never fails to
amuse.
Yes, just the left knee... the right side holding up ok for now. I will admit to this, while I was off, i got caught up in a couple of daytime soaps... One life to live, and General Hospital.

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
True El,
Point well taken.
and thanks for a very good post,
A few other things.
hope Kate will be ok,
I remember a light 'morning sickness'
I recall how every scent in a supermarket
seemed heightened, a mix of baked bread, washing powder,
meat, polish etc.. all seemed to mingle and turn my stomach..
and I only had a mild type,
cold enuf here too!
Well
that we are going to be skint alive!!!
keep warm.
Well Grace, going back briefly, in all fairness, no matter the scale, violence is violence, I would say almost impossible not
to draw attention to what happened in one's own country....it has been a bloody history all round. You mentioned Belfast, I saw that on Sky News the other morning, five police officers injured amongst others, and as you say, all over a flag. Amazing as to the symbolism of a mere flag. And there are always young ones waiting in the wings as it were, to challenge what they see as wrongful decisions, is it a good thing? Sometimes it is of course.
They of course, haven't been through the traumas of the older generation..it is all new to them. Let us just hope that the flag issue is resolved and quickly.

Rationing brought back a few memories, how on earth did people manage? Do you remember powdered eggs? I do not, but P does...
and a friend buys them to this day, from choice?....(: Ah well.

Nice to hear about the Royal baby...but...already some bright sparks are cashing in by selling mugs inscribed with 'Will and Kate..Royal Baby 2013'. One of the fellows discussing this on the news this morning said he has one inscribed 'Kate loves Willy'...hahaha

Have a lovely day Grace....just a sprinkling of snow today, nice.

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

tallyho wrote:
is this TRUE:
Marouane Fellaini to Arsenal? Arsene Wenger says ‘Yes’
REALLY???? I heard it here first. That's good news for
Arsenal Sir Tally, but def not for Everton. How come I
didn't know about this?....:)

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Groucho aka falcon68 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, just the left knee... the right side holding up ok for now. I will admit to this, while I was off, i got caught up in a couple of daytime soaps... One life to live, and General Hospital.
Makes life easier having had it done I expect Falcon...P was
in line for two, but there was a high risk attached due to a
previous medical issue....but, he gets by. He was on top of
the shed roof this morning (which was icy) fixing the roofing felt,
with me holding onto the ladders for dear life.
What was funny, was, a neighbour comes up for a chat while he is up there with hammer poised....happens every time. What can you do?
TER-DUH

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
That's funny..
Imagine the Doc.
'And my good man how did you get
this aneurism?'
'I was blowing the dust off my Christmas tree' Ha ha!
why didn't you let the wind do that! ha!
'
G'mornin EL, Grace, Tally, Oknarf, and all others on this most blessed of threads..
'
Sorry I have been off a bit, But just got overwhelmed with certain anxieties and I never did do holidays too well.. But been missing you all and thought I would stop in a sec and spread some kisses and hugs..(no ashtrays) hehe
'
I know you are just funnin about the aneurisms and such. That is ok. I am the biggest one to 'poke fun' of certain traumatic situations and such. It does help us deal with them..
'
But I found out a few facts about them that I felt I must share here..:
'
People with Varicose (not 'very close veins' hehe)- in their legs or ankles is a number one sign of weak blood vessels. And the body is showing you that there is a problem.. Or a mineral deficiency...
'
WHITE hair --not nec. gray, but WHITE .. is a sure sign of COPPER Deficiency in the body.
'
ALso the CHOMPING on ice.. Is a thing called PICA .. THe body is craving minerals and will 'chomp' ice to try to increase this most important MIneral shortage.
'
Suggestion??--- COLLOIDAL MINERALS.. usually in liquid. 50 cents a day can help prevent things we may not even know what is goings ons in our bodies. SOme people call these COLLOIDAL MINERALS --Expensive Pee.. hehe.. Increasing one's copper mineral is a sure way to give the walls of arteries and veins,, Elasticity and tinsel strength...
'
I do not sell them. and I am not out to plug any particular thing here. I am just informing you for your health. I had to learn this a very hard way, and will not get into that. I found tho that a DR. JOEL WALLACH has a couple of tapes out on the net that I find very informative on this and other subjects.... Just saying..
'
WIsh all a very DUHLIGHTFUL and pleasant holiday season. Keep looking up... and think of us periodically.. We do you all.
'
Lil Bluegrass group I found
'
PUNCH BROTHERS
RYE WHISKEY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
'
Hope you like it.. Bless all.. MMMUA!!.. dh
'
'
>!<+>-<><@@@ 8)

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

TER-DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
'
G'mornin EL, Grace, Tally, Oknarf, and all others on this most blessed of threads..
'
Sorry I have been off a bit, But just got overwhelmed with certain anxieties and I never did do holidays too well.. But been missing you all and thought I would stop in a sec and spread some kisses and hugs..(no ashtrays) hehe
'
I know you are just funnin about the aneurisms and such. That is ok. I am the biggest one to 'poke fun' of certain traumatic situations and such. It does help us deal with them..
'
But I found out a few facts about them that I felt I must share here..:
'
People with Varicose (not 'very close veins' hehe)- in their legs or ankles is a number one sign of weak blood vessels. And the body is showing you that there is a problem.. Or a mineral deficiency...
'
WHITE hair --not nec. gray, but WHITE .. is a sure sign of COPPER Deficiency in the body.
'
ALso the CHOMPING on ice.. Is a thing called PICA .. THe body is craving minerals and will 'chomp' ice to try to increase this most important MIneral shortage.
'
Suggestion??--- COLLOIDAL MINERALS.. usually in liquid. 50 cents a day can help prevent things we may not even know what is goings ons in our bodies. SOme people call these COLLOIDAL MINERALS --Expensive Pee.. hehe.. Increasing one's copper mineral is a sure way to give the walls of arteries and veins,, Elasticity and tinsel strength...
'
I do not sell them. and I am not out to plug any particular thing here. I am just informing you for your health. I had to learn this a very hard way, and will not get into that. I found tho that a DR. JOEL WALLACH has a couple of tapes out on the net that I find very informative on this and other subjects.... Just saying..
'
WIsh all a very DUHLIGHTFUL and pleasant holiday season. Keep looking up... and think of us periodically.. We do you all.
'
Lil Bluegrass group I found
'
PUNCH BROTHERS
RYE WHISKEY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
'
Hope you like it.. Bless all.. MMMUA!!.. dh
'
'
>!<+>-<><@@@ 8)
G'Morning DUH, really good to see you here...you know you are
never far from our thoughts, in fact, only thinking of you today!
I swear it's true.
This is very valuable advice you have posted here, it could well
be a life-saver, you never know. As you know I am a great believer in mineral and herbal supplements..........
So a big THANKYOU for taking time out to think of us...and
wishing y'all continued good health...love to you and to Loretta...
xoxoxox
Oh Boy...loved the Blue Grass!

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Groucho aka falcon68 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, just the left knee... the right side holding up ok for now. I will admit to this, while I was off, i got caught up in a couple of daytime soaps... One life to live, and General Hospital.
Groucho, wishing you a speedy recovery!
Do get some reading in and flex your brain. Watching too much television will turn your brain to mush! LOL!
I love some of the Stephen King novels. I had a pinched back nerve that required me to be prone most of the day. My wife picked up 6 of his novels that I had not read. I finished all 6 in about 2 weeks.
Groucho aka falcon68

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Groucho, wishing you a speedy recovery!
Do get some reading in and flex your brain. Watching too much television will turn your brain to mush! LOL!
I love some of the Stephen King novels. I had a pinched back nerve that required me to be prone most of the day. My wife picked up 6 of his novels that I had not read. I finished all 6 in about 2 weeks.
I read Tommyknockers many years ago... One of my faves! My brother brought me a couple of books while I was in the hospital, one was the biography of Andy Kaufman... I laughed so hard, they thought I may blow out my staples!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the author with the cat detective? Or is that Janet?
Hi Quinny ... I'm not sure which cat detective you are referring to ... I know the book, one of my faves, The Cat Who Went to Paris ... You will LOVE this book and fall in love with the man and the cat ... Norton, the cat, a Scottish Fold cat ... it was fun, funny and a lovely true story ...

the 19 books, fun, funny, witty, murder mystery and mayhem books I'm talking about by Janet Evanovich are the books Denny and I have read are the other books I was talking about ... good reads and I think you'll enjoy them ... read them all ... IDK if Denny finished the whole series ... then he turned me on to the Jack Reacher series by author Lee Child ... Excellent reading ... I think I've read all those as well ... Now I'm on to another excellent writer ... uh, can't remember his name ... um, Andrew Gross is his name ... I had to go look on my thread for my last book review ... can you believe someone negative icons me for my book reviews? cracks me up, lol ...

anyway, there's a Jack Reacher movie coming out this month, a couple of weeks ... Tom Cruise is playing Jack ... in the books, Jack Reacher is 6'5" 250# and a powerhouse, built like a brickhouse ... Tom Cruise hardly portrays him in stature at least, cracks both Denny and I up ... anyway ... enjoy the books and the movie ... I'm sure it'll be good just as well ... I'm not a Cruise fan but I'll give it a shot ...

okay, enough here, Quinny ... have a good afternoon / evening ... gotta go find my Lady El ... xoxo

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Flower...had a feeling you had been under the weather...so glad you are on the mend, did you get to the gym? Failing that, can you
apply the exercises they give you at home or do you need their equipment?? Did you say Jumbo grilled shrimp? Yummy yummy, now
that's interesting actually as I never have tried them grilled, that is a 'must try'...shrimp being one of my favourite things
to eat. Big treat tonight for Dai Bach (the 16 yr old puss)..I am thawing a freezer and have some King prawns thawing for him...had an excess, he can share them with his pal Bailey. Two of our senior citizen cats, lol, although you would think they are kittens the way they behave rushing around chasing leaves and things. P made them some pom-pom balls with some wool I had sorted out for the charity shop, they have had great fun with those.
Bags of wool left for the shop, there is a lady goes there knits little toys, another knits patchwork covers, so it will come in handy for them.
Going dark here I think we are in for some snow, the sky is heavy.
You take care...ya hear?..:)...luvya..xoxoxo
Good evening, Lady El ... yes, it's been 3 weeks and initially for the first two weeks I tried self medicating ... NOTE TO SELF: never do that again ... so as of today I've been on steroids, antibiotics, tessa pearls for cough, albeuteol for wheezing in the lungs and chest and nasal spray for breathing and allergies ... good old walking pneumonia and bronchitis almost landed me in the hospital with pneumonia ... sick body I tell you ... Jax was a trooper and would jump up on the bed with me, how did he know? Pooh Bear right by my bed, how did he know? What troopers they are ... My domestic helper an angel ... I couldn't ask for anything or anyone better ...

Finally, I went to the gym today, probably overdid it ... a half hour on cardio, hit the machines and the the free weights ... looked at the floor mats for the floor exercises and that's about all I did, just looked at them, lol ... an hour of exercises and I was just about out of breath, no more breath, did 120 ab crunches on my way out and headed toward the car ... this was after I made it to the bank and downtown to the docs to pic up some meds so I had a full day ... tomorrow, we shall see ... probably won't be able to move, heh!...

Better days ahead of us all, Lady El ...

Hope you, P and the furry one's are all well ... sure that's the case ... that is certainly my wish for you and all here ... Much love and affection ... your friend, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Lovely Lady! We're still celebrating.:-)
Hello my beauty ... hugging Reese's to pieces, lol ... that would be so wonderful to have a little baby's hand on my face ... you're so lucky ... what a lucky family ... celebrating the birth and life of a new baby ... wonderful ... Love to all ---------- of you! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Krypteia wrote:
Juast got in very very happy,in fact i'm more than happy, with a history beating score against the All Blacks by anyone since the thirties is near enough a as good winning the world cup.
tony i'm so sorry for the loss of Roadrunner and at that age,xx,
i;m so sorry posting this it's tsken a whike to do as iv'e had a coyple mate like you do.
anuway im buzzing,,,
Hey babes ... congrats ...

Mr Tony, I believe I've rendered my condolences before but in case I inadvertently missed ... I offer them once again ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Boomer7 wrote:
I am rather camera shy.
However, if I did post there I would have to leave here!
LOL ...

Hi Boomer7 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Hi Franko ... too many pages to get caught up on reading ... so may I please stop here and get caught up from hereonin? Yall have a great rest of afternoon / afternoon ... Peace out~FC <3 ..

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>LOL ...

Hi Boomer7 ...
Hey FC if you ever get to Columbus, Ohio, there is a festival you would enjoy!
Love the tie dye avatar!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 19,261 - 19,280 of34,757
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

137 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
In honor of Petal Power 5 min night machine 60
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min bohart 111,939
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 11 min Mechanic 23,687
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min wichita-rick 140,536
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 11 min cretin56 719
In honor of ms Sweeter 12 min night machine 86
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 15 min Old Sam 5,543
Kodiak, Alaska, Has Most Expensive Haircut in US 25 min KKKafeteria Christianists 9
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 28 min Old Sam 15,409
How to become Unbannable 47 min Independent1 85
Colorado Man Offers President Obama Pot 58 min KKKafeteria Christianists 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••