El's Kitchen

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#19379 Dec 1, 2012
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeee Saturday, El, Grace, other kitchen dwellers and Howie Mandel. I work all day and then going to a birthday party at the Olive Garden. Happeeeeeeeeeee birthday Shae Shae!!!!! We are going to gorge on all-you-can-eat,soup, salad and breadsticks. I love their chicken gnocci soup.(That weakness for dumplings)Then I get to stand up and sing Happy Birthday to her.(A heart stopper. ha ha ha)
Enjoy the party Vee....the soup sounds delish...and we who have
heard you sing, know that it is going to be quite some moment!

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#19380 Dec 1, 2012
So...I go back a few pages in order to 'reply'
and am disconnected from the internet. I re-
connect and am on another page entirely....
just too time consuming I'm afraid.

GRACE...so glad things worked out for your relative (and yourself)...she has my heartfelt
sympathy having the illness so very young, P
is unable to walk above a few steps unaided,
reason being, the cartiliage has worn away in his knees, so when he walks he has bone grating on bone....
I am his care-giver. Daily.

So if I neglect to reply to anyone here, it is nothing personal....just not enough hours in the day you understand.

I don't do offbeat justice...lol..in that I would like to visit more threads, Flower and Denny in partic..they are so supportive of the kitchen.

Big wave to Cuz Luke and Sir Tally....

off to take the Cinnamon and Carrot cake out of the oven....

and put the Madras Chicken curry in....:)

TTFN

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Bath, UK

#19381 Dec 1, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did check out the link. Too funny. Reminded me of when I'm chasing the beagle, although she doesn't herd animals, she just hones in and takes off.
Enjoy your day. Time lags on when when we are young children and the older we get it seems to fly past doesn't it?
Lovely dogs beagles, but a little short in the brain cell department. The one we had was fine until he got the scent of a fox, then forget it! Not the brightest, the cat used to play Pooh sticks with him either end of the kitchen table.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#19382 Dec 1, 2012
OMG! Nelly's....Dirty Nelly's....

love that thread....and Grace...:)

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#19383 Dec 1, 2012
Great results from Twickers...yay!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Bath, UK

#19384 Dec 1, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
Great results from Twickers...yay!
Absolute magic, one of the best games I have seen England play: they made the All Blacks look very ordinary, which they are not. 38-21 - the biggest defeat of New Zealand ever. I only wish I'd had a tenner on the match - the odds were 12-1!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#19385 Dec 1, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
PP,
Heartiest CONGRATS on the new arrival-
Glad both are safe and you must be
thrilled and relieved too that all went well.
Was the baby 'a boy or a child'
As they say over here lol
But you know what
I mean!
Have a rest now
Good greetings to all on the thread.
How kind, thank you Grace. After a long labor that ultimately ended up with a c-section, my grandson was born in the wee hours yesterday morning. I did have a few moments when I felt afraid (but didn't let on), and it was for naught.
Mother and baby are fine, and getting to know each other. Dad is walking on air too. It's a joyful time. He has a full, curly, dark head of hair, surprising for a newborn. <smile>

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19386 Dec 1, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
Congrats my beauty on the new arrival ... what a blessing and great addition to the family ... a day for celebration ... <3 ...
Thank you Lovely Lady! We're still celebrating.:-)

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19387 Dec 1, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I discovered that in my first year in TOPIX .. there was a young girl who came online very upset, talking suicidal feelings about losing her boyfreind .... many of us here in Offbeat offered her support and she settled down, became a regular for a while ... it really felt good that we, as a group, managed to help her.
I remember that. It was a good thing. Mama San, Jimwings, and a few other posters I can't remember their names were in on that. Jimwings doesn't post on topix anymore, but he keeps touch with a lot of us on FB. A lot of good posters, missed.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Bath, UK

#19388 Dec 1, 2012
Sorry PP, failed to add my congratulations.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19389 Dec 1, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
Sorry PP, failed to add my congratulations.
Hello Tony. No apology necessary, and thank you!
:-)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#19390 Dec 1, 2012
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Tony. No apology necessary, and thank you!
:-)
did I read right you are a granny ????????? if so congrats to the parents as well as yourself

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19391 Dec 1, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
did I read right you are a granny ????????? if so congrats to the parents as well as yourself
A granny, lol....yep I guess I am. Still sounds strange to me though my oldest granddaughter is 6, wow. This was my first grandson, and this daughter's first baby.
Thank you. The parents are on cloud nine, and still at the hospital with the babe. I keep telling them to get more sleep while there, while they can....lol But they won't stop holding him. Oh well, soon enough they'll learn to sleep when he is sleeping, or not sleep at all. Hope you're having a splendid weekend! Your weather over there looks cold even from here.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#19392 Dec 1, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why I find it fascinating, but I've met a lot of war vets too.
I agree, it's fascinating to talk to poeple who have lived through things at a different time, especially things such as war time. My mom and Dad have told me many stories about their youth (they were young teens as the war ended in 1945).

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#19393 Dec 1, 2012
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>How kind, thank you Grace. After a long labor that ultimately ended up with a c-section, my grandson was born in the wee hours yesterday morning. I did have a few moments when I felt afraid (but didn't let on), and it was for naught.
Mother and baby are fine, and getting to know each other. Dad is walking on air too. It's a joyful time. He has a full, curly, dark head of hair, surprising for a newborn. <smile>
FNALLY eh??? congratualtoins to you and yuor daughter ...
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#19394 Dec 1, 2012
Juast got in very very happy,in fact i'm more than happy, with a history beating score against the All Blacks by anyone since the thirties is near enough a as good winning the world cup.
tony i'm so sorry for the loss of Roadrunner and at that age,xx,
i;m so sorry posting this it's tsken a whike to do as iv'e had a coyple mate like you do.
anuway im buzzing,,,

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19395 Dec 1, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>FNALLY eh??? congratualtoins to you and yuor daughter ...
Yes, finally. That's the feeling! Thank you.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19396 Dec 1, 2012
Krypteia wrote:
Juast got in very very happy,in fact i'm more than happy, with a history beating score against the All Blacks by anyone since the thirties is near enough a as good winning the world cup.
tony i'm so sorry for the loss of Roadrunner and at that age,xx,
i;m so sorry posting this it's tsken a whike to do as iv'e had a coyple mate like you do.
anuway im buzzing,,,
Ha ha! Glad you're having a good time! Congrats on your historical win.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#19397 Dec 1, 2012
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, finally. That's the feeling! Thank you.
Congrats PP!
I know you were sitting on pins and needles for a moment...,

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Location hidden

#19398 Dec 1, 2012
The party was a huge success. There were more then 7 party goers, so they adjoined two tables. After 3 bowls of Chicken with Gnocci. 4-6 bread sticks, once they rolled me out on the carpet to my car, I was actually able to stand in a prone position and climb into the driver's seat. I ate no salad. I gave Shae a box of incense, cones and sticks with a burner and her partner, claimed that for his own. Ron, shame on you!!!!!!! I bought her desert, and sang Happy Birthday to her. I was a big hit but the spotlight was on her. Her littlest one is 4 months old, and her older one will be two in a few months. Shae turned 40. I have under garments older then that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name something that gets past around (Feb '14) 3 min andet1987 887
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 11 min Bovenzi13 8,629
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. (Oct '16) 12 min andet1987 3,768
Word Association (Mar '10) 14 min andet1987 22,585
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 16 min andet1987 877
Post "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Jul '12) 17 min Bovenzi13 3,626
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 27 min andet1987 37,217
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 33 min andet1987 47,514
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Crystal_Clear722 223,371
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr Radius Maximus 27,353
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 3 hr Parden Pard 2,341
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 3 hr Parden Pard 772
More from around the web