Grace Nerissa

Dublin, Ireland

#19369 Dec 1, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>WEll, glad that's over with I guess? I was wondering if you ended up staying in the hospital with your friend, or how did you handle it?
Thanks FRANKO

Other family member travelled on train with her and went to hospital
I waited outside for them friend had to return same day
(Work early nx day)

Other than that things went well
Thanks FRANKO for enquiring
Grace Nerissa

Dublin, Ireland

#19370 Dec 1, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta admit they are beautiful creatures....and graceful. I'm blessed with a yard that abuts county forest preserve property. Years ago every morning I'd let the dogs out, they'd see 6-8 deer eating and they would bark like crazy; deer took off into the trees. This happened several days until the deer figured out there was a fence separating the dogs from them. Next morning dogs bark like crazy, deer ignore the dogs & keep eating, dogs finally shut up and I just enjoyed watching the deer.
Great morning routine!
;-)
Morning Q,
Lol

Enjoyed your post and
I agree
They are such elegant looking creatures.

Coincidentally.. I left a funny link here .. about a dog
Chasing deer .. A few days ago..
But maybe it didn't turn up
As there were no comments.

Hard to believe we're into the Christmas month!

Wow it really does fly.

Happy weekend.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#19371 Dec 1, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember her implicitly Franko...a very dear girl, for the life
of me I cannot remember her name. Yet I can see her face.
I remember we all pulled together for her, and with her. Hope
she is doing well today.
I'm sure a number of folks here will remember her, and like you I have her name on the tip of my tongue but cant remember. I had a similar event in another part of TOPI5727X as well ... 6 months later.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#19372 Dec 1, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks FRANKO
Other family member travelled on train with her and went to hospital
I waited outside for them friend had to return same day
(Work early nx day)
Other than that things went well
Thanks FRANKO for enquiring
it sounds like everyone was accomodating and understanding of your worries about being in the hospital while such a bad bug was doing it's rounds ... so a solution was found that everyone was satisfied with ....

“HI!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#19373 Dec 1, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
Hello all!
This weekend I will attempt my glazed carrots. Apricot jam with apricot brandy and other items. I will post a recipe for those who wish to try it!
Great day/evening to all.
We get late scores from European soccer rather late. Looks like Manchester United is rolling...
Am torn as to which excites me more....your recipe for glazed carrots, or the fact Manchester United is retaining the lead
in the Premiership..lol.
I would love your recipe, have the carrots, have the apricot jam, also various liqueurs sitting there doing nothing, Galliano, Ameretto, and a delicate Ginger liqueur...any of those fit the bill.?
Man U play today or tonight, fingers crossed. So miss Sky Sports, but it's a dear do.
Have a fabulous day Boomer.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#19374 Dec 1, 2012
Happeeeeeee Saturday, El, Grace, other kitchen dwellers and Howie Mandel. I work all day and then going to a birthday party at the Olive Garden. Happeeeeeeeeeee birthday Shae Shae!!!!! We are going to gorge on all-you-can-eat,soup, salad and breadsticks. I love their chicken gnocci soup.(That weakness for dumplings)Then I get to stand up and sing Happy Birthday to her.(A heart stopper. ha ha ha)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19375 Dec 1, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I discovered that in my first year in TOPIX .. there was a young girl who came online very upset, talking suicidal feelings about losing her boyfreind .... many of us here in Offbeat offered her support and she settled down, became a regular for a while ... it really felt good that we, as a group, managed to help her.
I don't know why I find it fascinating, but I've met a lot of war vets too.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#19376 Dec 1, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>Morning Q,
Lol

Enjoyed your post and
I agree
They are such elegant looking creatures.

Coincidentally.. I left a funny link here .. about a dog
Chasing deer .. A few days ago..
But maybe it didn't turn up
As there were no comments.

Hard to believe we're into the Christmas month!

Wow it really does fly.

Happy weekend.
I did check out the link. Too funny. Reminded me of when I'm chasing the beagle, although she doesn't herd animals, she just hones in and takes off.

Enjoy your day. Time lags on when when we are young children and the older we get it seems to fly past doesn't it?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#19377 Dec 1, 2012
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeee Saturday, El, Grace, other kitchen dwellers and Howie Mandel. I work all day and then going to a birthday party at the Olive Garden. Happeeeeeeeeeee birthday Shae Shae!!!!! We are going to gorge on all-you-can-eat,soup, salad and breadsticks. I love their chicken gnocci soup.(That weakness for dumplings)Then I get to stand up and sing Happy Birthday to her.(A heart stopper. ha ha ha)
A gal after my own heart Vee! I enjoy the Olive Garden and that cream of gnocchi soup is heaven!! Enjoy!

“HI!”

Manchester, UK

#19378 Dec 1, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Lady El ... it was a "have to" get out ... zero co-pay to get out of the doctors and $175.25 to get out of the pharmacy ... never made it to the grocery store ... but after my domestic help finished cleaning and such she and her boyfriend dragged me out to Parrain's Louisiana Kitchen down the road about 3 miles I had the jumbo grilled shrimp ... mananged to get 3 of them down and could actually taste them ... they were fantastic ... what a treat and I almost feel human today ... not 100% to go to the gym yet but probably tomorrow maybe? Maybe the next day ... we shall see ... anyway, enough of that talk ... How are you and P ... how's the kittens ... My pups are good!...
Oh, the librarian called yesterday and on the way home from the docs I stopped by and got the brand new Janet Evanovich book of the Stephanie Plum series named Notorious Nineteen ... it's the 19th book in her series ... I've started reading it already and looks like the girl is up to her old antics ... should be a good read ...
So glad to see everyone here having a good time and wishing everyone here a great day and you to! Love is all around! FC <3 ...
THE TROGGS ~ LOVE IS ALL AROUND ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =m_HnBac5jWsXX
Hi Flower...had a feeling you had been under the weather...so glad you are on the mend, did you get to the gym? Failing that, can you
apply the exercises they give you at home or do you need their equipment?? Did you say Jumbo grilled shrimp? Yummy yummy, now
that's interesting actually as I never have tried them grilled, that is a 'must try'...shrimp being one of my favourite things
to eat. Big treat tonight for Dai Bach (the 16 yr old puss)..I am thawing a freezer and have some King prawns thawing for him...had an excess, he can share them with his pal Bailey. Two of our senior citizen cats, lol, although you would think they are kittens the way they behave rushing around chasing leaves and things. P made them some pom-pom balls with some wool I had sorted out for the charity shop, they have had great fun with those.
Bags of wool left for the shop, there is a lady goes there knits little toys, another knits patchwork covers, so it will come in handy for them.
Going dark here I think we are in for some snow, the sky is heavy.
You take care...ya hear?..:)...luvya..xoxoxo

“HI!”

Manchester, UK

#19379 Dec 1, 2012
Vee wrote:
Enjoy the party Vee....the soup sounds delish...and we who have
heard you sing, know that it is going to be quite some moment!

“HI!”

Manchester, UK

#19380 Dec 1, 2012
So...I go back a few pages in order to 'reply'
and am disconnected from the internet. I re-
connect and am on another page entirely....
just too time consuming I'm afraid.

GRACE...so glad things worked out for your relative (and yourself)...she has my heartfelt
sympathy having the illness so very young, P
is unable to walk above a few steps unaided,
reason being, the cartiliage has worn away in his knees, so when he walks he has bone grating on bone....
I am his care-giver. Daily.

So if I neglect to reply to anyone here, it is nothing personal....just not enough hours in the day you understand.

I don't do offbeat justice...lol..in that I would like to visit more threads, Flower and Denny in partic..they are so supportive of the kitchen.

Big wave to Cuz Luke and Sir Tally....

off to take the Cinnamon and Carrot cake out of the oven....

and put the Madras Chicken curry in....:)

TTFN

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#19381 Dec 1, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did check out the link. Too funny. Reminded me of when I'm chasing the beagle, although she doesn't herd animals, she just hones in and takes off.
Enjoy your day. Time lags on when when we are young children and the older we get it seems to fly past doesn't it?
Lovely dogs beagles, but a little short in the brain cell department. The one we had was fine until he got the scent of a fox, then forget it! Not the brightest, the cat used to play Pooh sticks with him either end of the kitchen table.

“HI!”

Manchester, UK

#19382 Dec 1, 2012
OMG! Nelly's....Dirty Nelly's....

love that thread....and Grace...:)

“HI!”

Manchester, UK

#19383 Dec 1, 2012
Great results from Twickers...yay!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#19384 Dec 1, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
Great results from Twickers...yay!
Absolute magic, one of the best games I have seen England play: they made the All Blacks look very ordinary, which they are not. 38-21 - the biggest defeat of New Zealand ever. I only wish I'd had a tenner on the match - the odds were 12-1!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#19385 Dec 1, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
PP,
Heartiest CONGRATS on the new arrival-
Glad both are safe and you must be
thrilled and relieved too that all went well.
Was the baby 'a boy or a child'
As they say over here lol
But you know what
I mean!
Have a rest now
Good greetings to all on the thread.
How kind, thank you Grace. After a long labor that ultimately ended up with a c-section, my grandson was born in the wee hours yesterday morning. I did have a few moments when I felt afraid (but didn't let on), and it was for naught.
Mother and baby are fine, and getting to know each other. Dad is walking on air too. It's a joyful time. He has a full, curly, dark head of hair, surprising for a newborn. <smile>

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19386 Dec 1, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
Congrats my beauty on the new arrival ... what a blessing and great addition to the family ... a day for celebration ... <3 ...
Thank you Lovely Lady! We're still celebrating.:-)

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19387 Dec 1, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I discovered that in my first year in TOPIX .. there was a young girl who came online very upset, talking suicidal feelings about losing her boyfreind .... many of us here in Offbeat offered her support and she settled down, became a regular for a while ... it really felt good that we, as a group, managed to help her.
I remember that. It was a good thing. Mama San, Jimwings, and a few other posters I can't remember their names were in on that. Jimwings doesn't post on topix anymore, but he keeps touch with a lot of us on FB. A lot of good posters, missed.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#19388 Dec 1, 2012
Sorry PP, failed to add my congratulations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 3 min Crazy Beautiful 6,823
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min WhyAllTheFuss 120,713
"The KISSING BOOTH: - Who Would You Most Like t... (Apr '13) 5 min David0407 1,576
Family shocked after texting dead grandmother, ... 6 min Christsharian Law 4
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 7 min David0407 6,828
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min CJ Rocker 148,918
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 19 min Cyan in CA 6,713
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 2 hr Christsharian Law 6
Puppy-sized spider spotted in South America 3 hr a_visitor 24
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr sunshine 22,209

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE