Krypteia

Hove, UK

#19349 Nov 30, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, pancreatic cancer, which is normally a pretty swift death sentence. She survived it for 6 years, which is remarkable.
Bloodyhell that's aweful,my mate Big John was diagnosed August2011 and died January,but for her to survive that like what a remarkable lady wished i'd known her better mate.
My mate was 64 and no age really did you know her age?.
Krypteia

Hove, UK

#19350 Nov 30, 2012
That should be long.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#19351 Nov 30, 2012
Hello all!
This weekend I will attempt my glazed carrots. Apricot jam with apricot brandy and other items. I will post a recipe for those who wish to try it!
Great day/evening to all.
We get late scores from European soccer rather late. Looks like Manchester United is rolling...

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19352 Nov 30, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>My hunting buddy saw 6 deer at dusk but none were trophy size so he just enjoyed watching them
Gotta admit they are beautiful creatures....and graceful. I'm blessed with a yard that abuts county forest preserve property. Years ago every morning I'd let the dogs out, they'd see 6-8 deer eating and they would bark like crazy; deer took off into the trees. This happened several days until the deer figured out there was a fence separating the dogs from them. Next morning dogs bark like crazy, deer ignore the dogs & keep eating, dogs finally shut up and I just enjoyed watching the deer.

Great morning routine!
;-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#19353 Nov 30, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>I read the book in 2 days, it was fun ... start with Book 1, One for the Money and then watch the film with Katherine Hegl ... it was fun and funny and then work your way up to book 19 ... Denny liked all the books ... they're fun, witty, murder and mayhem ... you'll love the characters ... they're not serious murder mysteries ... they've got the funnies in them, too!... fun fast reading ...
Who is the author with the cat detective? Or is that Janet?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#19354 Nov 30, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>AHHA! I know you're only joking about me Q ... believe me there are folks I know who are convinved I know Nothin'
They're just jealous!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#19355 Nov 30, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, pancreatic cancer, which is normally a pretty swift death sentence. She survived it for 6 years, which is remarkable.
I believed that it also what finally took its toll on Steve Jobs. As you say, 6 years is pretty remarkable. One of the positive things above Topix is that it seems to serve as a wonderful outlet or source if connection for many folks with injuries or serious illness.

I've met several folks on Last Post Wins who have serious illnesses. Connecting with people may bring them more happiness than we know.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#19356 Nov 30, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
They're just jealous!
that's the spirit!!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#19357 Nov 30, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believed that it also what finally took its toll on Steve Jobs. As you say, 6 years is pretty remarkable. One of the positive things above Topix is that it seems to serve as a wonderful outlet or source if connection for many folks with injuries or serious illness.
I've met several folks on Last Post Wins who have serious illnesses. Connecting with people may bring them more happiness than we know.
I discovered that in my first year in TOPIX .. there was a young girl who came online very upset, talking suicidal feelings about losing her boyfreind .... many of us here in Offbeat offered her support and she settled down, became a regular for a while ... it really felt good that we, as a group, managed to help her.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#19358 Nov 30, 2012
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Bloodyhell that's aweful,my mate Big John was diagnosed August2011 and died January,but for her to survive that like what a remarkable lady wished i'd known her better mate.
My mate was 64 and no age really did you know her age?.
Not exactly - she was in her forties - left an 18 year old boy and a 17 year old girl behind.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#19359 Nov 30, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Her mother has posted on facebook and clearly RR did derive a great deal of pleasure from posting and getting to know new folks. It's good to see at least one positive side to the internet.

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#19360 Dec 1, 2012
Good Morning to all our friends in the kitchen...

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF DECEMBER!

I seem to have missed Paisley Posey's announcement of her new grandchild...Many Congrats Paise, well done!

On the chilly side this morning but dry....what say
hot chocolate first thing, shortbread bikkies to
dip!

Great day everyone......

“MEOW!”

Manchester, UK

#19361 Dec 1, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
Good morning all! Happy Friday...or Saturday as the case may be. Congrats to grandma PP and how fun for the holidays......Denny, call my psychic but I'm guessing there was finally a chink in the Bambi circle? You could follow Boomer's example and make a meal for the pub orphans in Texas.......just a thought.
Deer Whisperer & Boomer -- next time you're in the drive thru, pay for the guy's order behind you......
I wish our hostess El and honorary hostess Grace safety, better weather and all good things this weekend and always.
Peace and comfort to Tony & Kryp, their families and friends.
I will be nominating Franko to the Guinness Book of World Records ---- he holds the record for knowing everything! Can I just call you Data?
For those I've not mentioned, I mean no offense, I'm getting older and often quite dense. A happy day I wish you, filled with sunshine and light; bringing you all life's goodness from day into night.
What a joy to read such a delightful post.....thanks Quincy.

“MEOW!”

Manchester, UK

#19362 Dec 1, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
"A LETTER TO SANTA "
'DEAR SANTA..
Can you bring me a doll for Christmas
who has >
eyes of China Blue:
A pretty face:
And a dress made of lace:
One who smiles like REAL babes do:
AND
Santa, will you see that she has long blond hair
that I can do myself
With a tiny little brush and comb set
I keep on a separate shelf..
OH!
here's another thing Santa,
Make sure she can say 'MAMA'
Remember..
a doll's house you brought me once ?-
Well - that can be her home.
A small little Teddy lives there already
See! she won't feel alone.
I want my dolly to have shiny shoes
an' ankle socks of white
A brushed-silk gown in pale rose pink
That she can wear at night..
SO
Santa , I'll be waiting at Christmas!!
PLEASE do what you can..!
BUT
If you think a poor child needs her more..
Then
I will understand -
And I'll PROMISE not to be greedy or sad..
No matter WHAT you do
I'll just think of ALL the other times
Santa..
when you made my dreams come true:'
Another joy.....

did you get your dolly Grace? So enjoyed this poem, it was a
bonus too as I was looking to you for the poem you wrote where
a little girl was looking through an old-fashioned shoppe window
or am I dreaming?

Poetry has always been a love of mine, interestingly (perhaps)
it struck me that the poetry of Wales is mostly of a tragic nature, bearing the soul.

“MEOW!”

Manchester, UK

#19363 Dec 1, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I discovered that in my first year in TOPIX .. there was a young girl who came online very upset, talking suicidal feelings about losing her boyfreind .... many of us here in Offbeat offered her support and she settled down, became a regular for a while ... it really felt good that we, as a group, managed to help her.
I remember her implicitly Franko...a very dear girl, for the life
of me I cannot remember her name. Yet I can see her face.
I remember we all pulled together for her, and with her. Hope
she is doing well today.

“MEOW!”

Manchester, UK

#19364 Dec 1, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly - she was in her forties - left an 18 year old boy and a 17 year old girl behind.
So young. Her children will have good memories of her fighting spirit, in fact, we are getting to know of her through yourself Tony, and she was inspirational from what we hear. Really regret
not making her aquaintance.
My brother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and within two
weeks he was dead. His youngest was 15. My brother was a
competitive cyclist, never had a day off work......
His family are doing well, his daughter is now at Uni and has
passed her driving test....my brother left behind great values.

“MEOW!”

Manchester, UK

#19365 Dec 1, 2012
Tony, not to take anything away...merely to emphasise the kids coped well. My brother was
60, forgot to say and it was seven years ago.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#19366 Dec 1, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
So young. Her children will have good memories of her fighting spirit, in fact, we are getting to know of her through yourself Tony, and she was inspirational from what we hear. Really regret
not making her aquaintance.
My brother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and within two
weeks he was dead. His youngest was 15. My brother was a
competitive cyclist, never had a day off work......
His family are doing well, his daughter is now at Uni and has
passed her driving test....my brother left behind great values.
Morning ER. It is a hideous disease, with no cure in sight, all they can do is try to get a patient into remission if they catch it early enough. Very sorry to hear about your brother, but so glad your neice is doing well.

Freezing here this morning, a heavy frost, but a beautiful, clear morning with whisps of mist over the river. A touch of God's in his heaven, All's right with the world.

“MEOW!”

Manchester, UK

#19367 Dec 1, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning ER. It is a hideous disease, with no cure in sight, all they can do is try to get a patient into remission if they catch it early enough. Very sorry to hear about your brother, but so glad your neice is doing well.
Freezing here this morning, a heavy frost, but a beautiful, clear morning with whisps of mist over the river. A touch of God's in his heaven, All's right with the world.
Thanks Tony...

it really is a beautiful morning...time I went out there and
surveyed the scene....have a lovely day our good friend.
Grace Nerissa

Dublin, Ireland

#19368 Dec 1, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Another joy.....
did you get your dolly Grace? So enjoyed this poem, it was a
bonus too as I was looking to you for the poem you wrote where
a little girl was looking through an old-fashioned shoppe window
or am I dreaming?
Poetry has always been a love of mine, interestingly (perhaps)
it struck me that the poetry of Wales is mostly of a tragic nature, bearing the soul.
No
You are not dreaming El
I must have written something about it here as
I
Have a special memory of a doll in a shop window!
I thought this one was the one you spoke of lol
It's why I put it here .

My relative is still here going back later.

I'm tired very tired but appreciative I don't
Have her illness she only in her 40's
Can hardly walk, says walking with motorneuron
Is like wading through a river EVERY step,
But she has a great outlook was anxious to see the Xmas shops..
So I brought her to a few.

Motor euros is such a frightening one, related
To
MS but far more serious..
Still she receives great care, medically speaking.
None of us have a choice in these things-as we all know so well.

Speaking of PP
And the new arrival
a brief mention of it on another thread
Is how I knew.
Glad 'twas a safe arrival.

Good day El & Tony I see here too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 7 min SLY WEST 2,207
Company Creates WORKING Hoverboard 8 min Mitt s Santorum S... 1
Word Association (Mar '10) 9 min Zwiebel 16,110
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Wolftracks 148,964
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 11 min Crazy Jae 6,230
'Mystery Man' Flies Past Plane at 3K Feet 12 min Mitt s Santorum S... 1
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 13 min Old Sam 4,163
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 13 min -Lea- 22,229
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 45 min dragoon70056 29
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 1 hr dragoon70056 36