El's Kitchen

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#19106 Nov 24, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
Good morning El and all my friends in the kitchen :)
Good Morning Denny Darlin'...:)

Sad to hear about Larry Hagman passing away. Was he actually
Texan?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19107 Nov 24, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>No, and didn't see Father of the Bride 2, too.

Without an occasion to view with daughter(s) or a S/O to enjoy their company, I don't tend to view theatrical movies "of that kind". Would rather view documentaries that include these special moments of real families.

But I do have a cOLoR Tv!!
Just a little something to show you what the next year will entail.....my Dear (whisper) Father of the Bride ;-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19108 Nov 24, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
Good morning El and all my friends in the kitchen :)
Hey Denny! Hope you & Mrs Denny and the crew had a lovely Thanksgiving !

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#19109 Nov 24, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you,{{{ Cuz El }}} and wishing a fine weekend for you as well!
Night here was near same but no frost because the breeze didn't abate enough.'Twas clear and looked like a 3-quarter moon of adequate brightness to pierce the blackness a bit.
My late afternoon and evening was non-routine. There was a trek to the bridal shoppe, nabbing my youngest daughter as a passenger along the way because she is adamant about being early or on-time for appointments and thought the sister/to-be bride was going to be late.
Viewing the trying-on and judging of two wedding dress options with 2 bride's maids (one being the youngest daughter) and their mother, my 'ex', and being asked for my assessment of the two options and accessories.
Trying to mentally find a hide-hole during price-haggling with the process of playing two shops against the other. I had found out that the reason we had this appointment was that the shop at the distance had the dresses in stock; whereas, the one "in the neighborhood" didn't.
Having a meal all-together at a restaurant in that locale before we made the trek back to our respective homes.
An interestingly special evening for sure!
'Morning {{{Cuz Luke}}}
Yesterday was the calm before the storm...dry overnight with a very heavy frost, have put a higher tog rating duvet on my bed for tonight!
Just got back from a flying visit to the shops for bird food and a few
bits and bobs before the rain started, the road was under water the
other day but they have been along and cleaned up all the debris.
Yesterday sounds as though it was rather hectic, but satisfying..and so
nice that you can all come together at this special time in your
daughter's life. How exciting to be choosing a wedding dress, oh how
I would have loved a daughter!
Welp, it has gone dark as I 'speak'...half past four already and lots
of little mouths to feed, then settling down for a couple of 'shows'
on the tv...there is one chat show of sorts I really enjoy, The Graham
Norton show, he is incredibly funny and has the most interesting guests, so have that recorded to watch....
TTFN..

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#19110 Nov 24, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that on the TV news Denny!
There seemed to be a 'grab all' of different items!
and it mentioned something
about saving THANKSGIVING, in ..
not having the the ever commercial 'black Friday' so close to the
family 'Thanksgiving'.
What's your opinion about that?
Hope you are well & keeping warm this cold weather.
Good evening El!
So I saw on the news Thanksgiving morning, folks were already in line outside of electronics stores, and department stores, wanting to be first in the door when they opened at midnight. Many had their children with them.
My opinion of that is it's DISGUSTING.
Talk about idol worship; sacrificing the precious elements of good times, bonding, laughter with our loved ones; for THINGS. How dear is that flat screen gonna be to the children who spent their holiday in line on a cold sidewalk?
Maybe all don't see family gatherings as I do. I have a large family who's elected to stay in this cold northern city in order to be near to family. Our get togethers are the highlights of the year to most of us. It gave me pause when the stores began opening at midnight on Thanksgiving, but that wasn't good enough for the retailers, this year many had 'pre-midnight' openings and special sales. But it wouldn't work for them if folks didn't have the skewed priorities that took them out of their family holiday and to the sales.
I went ONE year for my mother who really wanted a sewing machine that was less than half normal price. Folks generally hostile, looking at each other as competitors, NOT the spirit of Christmas at all.
Black Friday is also a myth. The facts are that right before Christmas the prices are even lower than Black Friday and after Christmas comes the best deals of all.
I hate it, can you tell? lol

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#19111 Nov 24, 2012
WHAT THE FREAK..are the Black Friday sales...ALL ya can talk about?? hey..El the aroma of that fresh hazelnut coffee is wafing my way..Ahhhhh think I'll have a spot and a cinnamon apple muffin with REAL butter...would ya please hand me the scissors and the red and green constuction papar...WHO wants to help cut strips of paper and intertwine them to make circles to form a garland over the doorways????? FREAKIN' DON'T CROWD ME..plenty for all...ROCK ON ROCKERS!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19112 Nov 24, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I also lived in New York City...W23rd St. Macy's windows were
spectacular. I never saw a Thanksgiving Parade, simple reason,
no one told me they held them, so I went back to NJ for Thanksgiving
to hostess the dinner.(:....
The Thanksgiving Day Parade & the New Years ball drop?!? How could you miss them?!? You were there! Many Americans actually get on planes to go see the parade or the New Years celebration --- and you lived in the heart of it !
We all kind of take for granted the things around us that others can't wait to see.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19113 Nov 24, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Denny Darlin'...:)

Sad to hear about Larry Hagman passing away. Was he actually
Texan?
Yep. I think the obituary said Houston. He was amazing!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19114 Nov 24, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>'Morning {{{Cuz Luke}}}
Yesterday was the calm before the storm...dry overnight with a very heavy frost, have put a higher tog rating duvet on my bed for tonight!
Just got back from a flying visit to the shops for bird food and a few
bits and bobs before the rain started, the road was under water the
other day but they have been along and cleaned up all the debris.
Yesterday sounds as though it was rather hectic, but satisfying..and so
nice that you can all come together at this special time in your
daughter's life. How exciting to be choosing a wedding dress, oh how
I would have loved a daughter!
Welp, it has gone dark as I 'speak'...half past four already and lots
of little mouths to feed, then settling down for a couple of 'shows'
on the tv...there is one chat show of sorts I really enjoy, The Graham
Norton show, he is incredibly funny and has the most interesting guests, so have that recorded to watch....
TTFN..
Yesterday we caught an old Dick Cavett interview with Alfred Hitchcock. Hitchcock was pretty funny --- with a straight face too!

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#19115 Nov 24, 2012
Hello again dear/deer folk ... popping in the fray as they say once again whilst having a bit of time.

Another slice of life in Hoosier-ville:
Later this afternoon will be visiting bride-to-be and fiance house at the other edge of town with the younger in attendance there to celebrate OUR Thanksgiving meal and time.

American sports shorts:
With the exception of a December traditional game between our Army and Navy military academies, today is pretty much the end of the regular collegiate gridiron football season. Traditional rival games abound in the nation; be they intra-state and/or intra-conference, or even non-conference traditional rivals (e.g., Notre Dame University and the University of Southern California).

If you're a fanatic alumni of one of those teams, it's a must attend -- or a must see on the color TV! Or if not an alumni, and a fanatic follower, at least TV or radio enjoyment.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19116 Nov 24, 2012
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening El!
So I saw on the news Thanksgiving morning, folks were already in line outside of electronics stores, and department stores, wanting to be first in the door when they opened at midnight. Many had their children with them.
My opinion of that is it's DISGUSTING.
Talk about idol worship; sacrificing the precious elements of good times, bonding, laughter with our loved ones; for THINGS. How dear is that flat screen gonna be to the children who spent their holiday in line on a cold sidewalk?
Maybe all don't see family gatherings as I do. I have a large family who's elected to stay in this cold northern city in order to be near to family. Our get togethers are the highlights of the year to most of us. It gave me pause when the stores began opening at midnight on Thanksgiving, but that wasn't good enough for the retailers, this year many had 'pre-midnight' openings and special sales. But it wouldn't work for them if folks didn't have the skewed priorities that took them out of their family holiday and to the sales.
I went ONE year for my mother who really wanted a sewing machine that was less than half normal price. Folks generally hostile, looking at each other as competitors, NOT the spirit of Christmas at all.
Black Friday is also a myth. The facts are that right before Christmas the prices are even lower than Black Friday and after Christmas comes the best deals of all.
I hate it, can you tell? lol
Whole heartedly agree with you especially after spending 4 years working at Macy's. It's crazy. And every year at least one person or more gets killed, trampled in the throngs at Walmart.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#19117 Nov 24, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning {{{Cuz Luke}}}
Yesterday was the calm before the storm...dry overnight with a very heavy frost, have put a higher tog rating duvet on my bed for tonight!
Just got back from a flying visit to the shops for bird food and a few
bits and bobs before the rain started, the road was under water the
other day but they have been along and cleaned up all the debris.
Yesterday sounds as though it was rather hectic, but satisfying..and so
nice that you can all come together at this special time in your
daughter's life. How exciting to be choosing a wedding dress, oh how
I would have loved a daughter!
Welp, it has gone dark as I 'speak'...half past four already and lots
of little mouths to feed, then settling down for a couple of 'shows'
on the tv...there is one chat show of sorts I really enjoy, The Graham
Norton show, he is incredibly funny and has the most interesting guests, so have that recorded to watch....
TTFN..
Enjoy a cozy eve with Mr. P watching TV,'E'! Glad the roads were cleared up for you.

Lo and behold -- I just got back from a dash off to the grocery store meself.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#19118 Nov 24, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday we caught an old Dick Cavett interview with Alfred Hitchcock. Hitchcock was pretty funny --- with a straight face too!
OH! That would be a great conversation between Cavett and Hitchcock!

And that new movie being out "Hitchcock" with Anthony Hopkins (Hitchcock), Helen Mirren (Alma), and Scarlett Johannson (Janet Leigh) ought to be good.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#19119 Nov 24, 2012
Pub dinner update...
Stopped in yesterday to help clean up. We were not expecting congratulatory hand shakes and hugs! Word had spread about how we fed the homeless guy. No big deal to us, just helping the less fortunate.
We are now preparing for Christmas. And, folks are asking what they can bring and how they can help.
Life is good!
Enjoy the day/evening.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#19120 Nov 24, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a little something to show you what the next year will entail.....my Dear (whisper) Father of the Bride ;-)
Indeed, that would be so Dear Quinny!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19121 Nov 24, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>OH! That would be a great conversation between Cavett and Hitchcock!

And that new movie being out "Hitchcock" with Anthony Hopkins (Hitchcock), Helen Mirren (Alma), and Scarlett Johannson (Janet Leigh) ought to be good.
It was pretty amazing -- the Hitchcock interview. Didn't realize how funny he was either!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19122 Nov 24, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
Pub dinner update...
Stopped in yesterday to help clean up. We were not expecting congratulatory hand shakes and hugs! Word had spread about how we fed the homeless guy. No big deal to us, just helping the less fortunate.
We are now preparing for Christmas. And, folks are asking what they can bring and how they can help.
Life is good!
Enjoy the day/evening.
How wonderful ! Blessings to you & your family.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#19123 Nov 24, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whole heartedly agree with you especially after spending 4 years working at Macy's. It's crazy. And every year at least one person or more gets killed, trampled in the throngs at Walmart.
and we continue to devolve ... two reports I remember about yesterday were about a guy showing a gun, and another guy firing one. I think the former was in response to some other guy punching his way up to the front of the line; the latter was over a parking spot.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#19124 Nov 24, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Hello again dear/deer folk ... popping in the fray as they say once again whilst having a bit of time.
Another slice of life in Hoosier-ville:
Later this afternoon will be visiting bride-to-be and fiance house at the other edge of town with the younger in attendance there to celebrate OUR Thanksgiving meal and time.
American sports shorts:
With the exception of a December traditional game between our Army and Navy military academies, today is pretty much the end of the regular collegiate gridiron football season. Traditional rival games abound in the nation; be they intra-state and/or intra-conference, or even non-conference traditional rivals (e.g., Notre Dame University and the University of Southern California).
If you're a fanatic alumni of one of those teams, it's a must attend -- or a must see on the color TV! Or if not an alumni, and a fanatic follower, at least TV or radio enjoyment.
Good afternoon DW. Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned, you and yours.
I'm not a fanatic alumni of Notre Dame, but I have a couple of family members who are. I'm just a fanatic of Notre Dame football! Also, most of the family either did or does attend Catholic schools and high schools in Indy, many times we know the players on the team, some of the guys played HS football with them. There's always some of us taking their turns going up to the home games. As you can imagine, we're really PSYCHED right now....and hubby's family is from Alabama, so you can imagine he is too. If they end up playing each other for the title, there's gonna be trouble on the home front...hee hee.
Hope y'all have a blessed and memorable day.
As you can ima

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#19125 Nov 24, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
WHAT THE FREAK..are the Black Friday sales...ALL ya can talk about?? hey..El the aroma of that fresh hazelnut coffee is wafing my way..Ahhhhh think I'll have a spot and a cinnamon apple muffin with REAL butter...would ya please hand me the scissors and the red and green constuction papar...WHO wants to help cut strips of paper and intertwine them to make circles to form a garland over the doorways????? FREAKIN' DON'T CROWD ME..plenty for all...ROCK ON ROCKERS!
There is topical 'talk' in here and not -- whatever trips your trigger.

So, how's the weather; or, what color of sky is it in your world?

Hello to you too, CC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 5 min honeymylove 140,790
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 5 min Doug77 32,322
Do you believe spanking a child over the knee o... (Nov '10) 6 min Stevies Mommy 294
*=* Let's give 6 A'go! *=* 10 min 40ish 13
Add a Word, Drop a Panty game 11 min andet1987 510
I Like..... (Mar '14) 14 min honeymylove 1,193
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min Sublime1 165,198
News Teen Leads Mob In Ransacking Of Georgia Walmart 46 min TALLYHO 8541 18
motorcycle traveling stories 2 hr Sublime1 1,228
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 2 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 1,399
More from around the web