El's Kitchen

Posted in the Weird Forum

Comments (Page 938)

Showing posts 18,741 - 18,760 of34,794
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18996
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

franko wrote:
<quoted text>the AMerican football had a situation earlier this year where the referees were on strike and so they called in replacement referees who had worked in none-NFL games but were experienced referees. The end result was that poor calls did occur at a higher frequency and which appeared to decide some close games.
I think if the poor calls evened out between both teams that is not too bad.
But in a case like this ENgland-AUSSIE match, where the calls always seemed to go against one team while identical infraction by the other team were ignored, then I agree an inquiry into that referee's work should be made, and at least several game susspension withuot pay should result.
Well said Franko...if it were just one bad call it could be
forgiven, but numerous bad calls, and always against the one
side, not on.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18997
Nov 20, 2012
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Very good day here -
Speeding into Xmas-
Grandson studying hard taken over my laptop! Lol
That, among other things , is what GrannMas are for(:
What's new!
On a more serious note -
I find myself in a bit of an awkward situation-
Am put in a position of accompanying a relative
(Who 'needs ' physical assistance )
For a hospital appmnt-
(The hospital is near where I live
And very far from where the relative & immediate family live)
Thing is there's a serious outbreak
Of the winter vomiting super bug'
there at present, patient visiting has
even been suspended
I honestly don't want to take ANYchances with this
Plus the fact that I'm on heart medication-
I simply don't want to go in there.
I've been there for this relative 'all other times'
Without a problem or regret
But, this is different
A close friend said
'You owe it to yourself to do whats best for ' you'
Too'
Any opinions from the wise and intelligent
Folks on this thread would be welcome indeed-
And please be honest-
If you think I'm being mean don't hesitate in saying so
I'd prefer & Appreciate that
Thanks
we have a bug going around here too .. no vomitting but phlem and cough and fatigue and it goes on for about 2 weeks.

HOw immobile is this person?

Can you get them to the door and then you go spend an hour or two shopping or at a coffee shop, etc while they are attended to in the hospital, and where a nurse can help them navigate from place to place in the hospital? Can you get a third party fiend, who is not as worried abut catching the bug, to accompany them within the hospital while you stay outside of it?

I hope your freind can appreciate that in yuor conditoin you can't afford to risk catching something as destructive as this bug going around because you are more susceptable to complications.

Is your presence truly required or is it moral support?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18998
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

franko wrote:
<quoted text>did you ever hear the particular joke I told, BTW?
actually no i haven't.

doesnt matter, i didnt understand it anyway. LOL
:)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18999
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Franko! This will be my 3rd grandchild, my first grand SON.
His birthday falls close to a major holiday .. some people willl say that is wonderful ... one piece of advise from me for our daughter ... my sister and my ex wife have birthdays very close to Christmas and New Years and they have endured lifelong "second fiddle" status because of that ..... try to make sure his birthday is not treated as second fiddle to the holiday ... don't combine his birthday celebratoin with the holiday gathering, etc etc ...

BTW yuor younger daughter who is already a mother sounds wise ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19000
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

typo "your daughterr"

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19001
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
actually no i haven't.
doesnt matter, i didnt understand it anyway. LOL
:)
you might start laughing later today and no one will know that you just got it ...J/K ...(O:)

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19002
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I can hardly believe I spoke to anybody like I
just did to Denny...who am I...Topix police already?! lol

Perhaps I misunderstood the joke, regardless,
not falling out with you over it D.

Off to catch an hour of tv before bed, a new
series starting tonight.

NightNight everyone.

Peace...

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19003
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

franko wrote:
<quoted text>His birthday falls close to a major holiday .. some people willl say that is wonderful ... one piece of advise from me for our daughter ... my sister and my ex wife have birthdays very close to Christmas and New Years and they have endured lifelong "second fiddle" status because of that ..... try to make sure his birthday is not treated as second fiddle to the holiday ... don't combine his birthday celebratoin with the holiday gathering, etc etc ...
BTW yuor younger daughter who is already a mother sounds wise ...
Thank you Franko. Yes the oldest daughter was born just a few days after Christmas, so she knows all about folks giving her a birthday/Christmas gift. The only time I ever did that was when she asked for an item more expensive than I would've gotten for one or the other, but suitable as a combined gift. But it was her suggestion. My mom has had to share her BD with Thanksgiving several times. Her immediate family has always made sure to have a celebration just for her on the nearest weekend.
How is it going with your kids?

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19004
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

eleanorigby wrote:
I can hardly believe I spoke to anybody like I
just did to Denny...who am I...Topix police already?! lol
Perhaps I misunderstood the joke, regardless,
not falling out with you over it D.
Off to catch an hour of tv before bed, a new
series starting tonight.
NightNight everyone.
Peace...
Have a good night El!

“June”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19005
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

franko wrote:
<quoted text>we have a bug going around here too .. no vomitting but phlem and cough and fatigue and it goes on for about 2 weeks.
HOw immobile is this person?
Can you get them to the door and then you go spend an hour or two shopping or at a coffee shop, etc while they are attended to in the hospital, and where a nurse can help them navigate from place to place in the hospital? Can you get a third party fiend, who is not as worried abut catching the bug, to accompany them within the hospital while you stay outside of it?
I hope your freind can appreciate that in yuor conditoin you can't afford to risk catching something as destructive as this bug going around because you are more susceptable to complications.
Is your presence truly required or is it moral support?
Franko,

I was thinking of many of the alternatives
you mentioned.

My friend walks with a walking aid and needs
a person by her for support,
with her condition
[motorneuron] she can lose control of her legs
at a moment's notice.

That's not a bad idea..
re bringing her to the door
and have a nurse take over from there.

It's a virulent strain, a deadly bug to be taken lightly
and takes it's toll on the 'older person'
whose immunity would not be 100%

I shall have to make it my priority
NOT to go there, and from there
build around it.

Thanks truly, Franko
for your helpful suggestions..

Much appreciated.

GREAT we can share these varied 'everyday' problems here which affect us ALL..

in different ways.
on different days!

“June”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19006
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

correction-

'a deadly bug NOT to be taken lightly
[of course]

“June”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19007
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Eves dropping! lol

WHAT new series starting tonight, El?

[we have many of the same channels]

Don't wanna miss anything worthwhile -
and I know *you* have good taste.

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Davisburg, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19008
Nov 20, 2012
 
Hello everyone.

Hi El.

I love changing rooms and repurposing things.

Hope you had fun.

:)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19009
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
In my fevered brain I knew it was on a Saturday! It's been a
weird week for getting it wrong...I can only improve!
Interesting about the horses, thanks.
>>laughing out loud<< IDK Lady El, I am now totally confused, haha ... I just watch the game ... I made a report in the sixth grade about American football and I thought I had the game totally figured out by the 6th grade and still think I do, LOL ... don't ask me, I'm just the recliner arm chair official, haha ...

Hello, my friend ... I hope this day finds you, P and the four legged children in good health and in good spirits ... too much going on in too little of time ... kind of makes me nervous as a cat near a rocking chair, ha!... it's my responsibility to show up for Thanksgiving dinner with two pumpkin pies and I DON'T COOK!... I can go by Marie Callender's and pick up 2 pumpkin pies tomorrow ... that store makes the best short of going downtown to Central Market ... Marie Callender's is on 183 and everyone knows how I feel about Highway 183 ... >>makes the sign of the cross<< "pray for me on 183" lol ... I took my friends 12 year old daughter to watch Breaking Dawn: part 2 of the Twilight saga yesterday at the movies ... we had chinese food for lunch prior to watching the movie which was very good ... so that is it for the the saga ... last week I watched the movie Lincoln which was very very good ... I still want to watch the new James Bond movie on the big screen ... Denny said it was very good ... I've got 2 books from the library which have not gotten my attention ... TOYS by James Patterson, yuck! I read the whole book and although it got many great reviews it just wasn't my cup of tea ... My friend from Florida gave me an author who wrote murder mysteries as a forensic base and I cannot remember the name of the author so I'll have to call her back and ask her and write the name down this time so I can visit the library and check out some books for the holidays to keep me busy and out of the malls, lol ... my Christmas shopping is complete!... Well, I'm rambling now so I'll rest your eyes ... Have a nice day and TTYS ... Good day! Much love, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19010
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mention that breakfast is around half past seven to
eight...then there are 'elevenses'....lunch at noon, usually
a cup of tea and biscuit at two'ish..followed by tea at 4....
etc.
Did I mention I weight 22 stone? hahahaha just kidding.
I am actually 10 and half stone which is too heavy really.
you are beautiful and perfect to me, lol ... seems I have some reading to catch up to ... I hadn't realized I haven't been here since Sunday ... okay, I'll be back ... Sons of Anarchy is on ...

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19012
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Bad taste Denny...there is a difference in humour and sheer
bad taste.
Lady El and others, please understand that culturally speaking some jokes play well in those cultures. On the outside of any culture it would seem people are being disrespectful.
I enjoy a joke as much as the next person. It is good to laugh at oneself.
However, don't assume that since I look like you, I think like you.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19013
Nov 20, 2012
 
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Franko. Yes the oldest daughter was born just a few days after Christmas, so she knows all about folks giving her a birthday/Christmas gift. The only time I ever did that was when she asked for an item more expensive than I would've gotten for one or the other, but suitable as a combined gift. But it was her suggestion. My mom has had to share her BD with Thanksgiving several times. Her immediate family has always made sure to have a celebration just for her on the nearest weekend.
How is it going with your kids?
so I stated the obvious? Again?

Puleaz forgive me ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19014
Nov 20, 2012
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Franko,
I was thinking of many of the alternatives
you mentioned.
My friend walks with a walking aid and needs
a person by her for support,
with her condition
[motorneuron] she can lose control of her legs
at a moment's notice.
That's not a bad idea..
re bringing her to the door
and have a nurse take over from there.
It's a virulent strain, a deadly bug to be taken lightly
and takes it's toll on the 'older person'
whose immunity would not be 100%
I shall have to make it my priority
NOT to go there, and from there
build around it.
Thanks truly, Franko
for your helpful suggestions..
Much appreciated.
GREAT we can share these varied 'everyday' problems here which affect us ALL..
in different ways.
on different days!
can you call the hospital and request the sort of help you will require? Plan it in advance for the time when the appointment will be?

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Towcester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19015
Nov 21, 2012
 
franko wrote:
<quoted text>the AMerican football had a situation earlier this year where the referees were on strike and so they called in replacement referees who had worked in none-NFL games but were experienced referees. The end result was that poor calls did occur at a higher frequency and which appeared to decide some close games.
I think if the poor calls evened out between both teams that is not too bad.
But in a case like this ENgland-AUSSIE match, where the calls always seemed to go against one team while identical infraction by the other team were ignored, then I agree an inquiry into that referee's work should be made, and at least several game susspension withuot pay should result.
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that at top level, the referee's performance is reviewed and decisions made about his (or her) suitability to ref more games at that level. Problem in the UK is that even the top referees are not paid much - in most cases it is not thier full-time job, so suspension won't achieve a great deal.

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19016
Nov 21, 2012
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Eves dropping! lol
WHAT new series starting tonight, El?
[we have many of the same channels]
Don't wanna miss anything worthwhile -
and I know *you* have good taste.
'Morning Grace.

You would have loved it I just know you would..

'Last Tango In Halifax'..lol...a four part drama
I think, on BBC. Anne Reid and David Jacobii starred,
really enjoyable, the hour flew by.

Do try to get it on iplayer or whatever.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,741 - 18,760 of34,794
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

130 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What's That Word Mean To You????????????????????? (Jan '13) 4 min Independent1 2,517
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Dream Crystal 140,631
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Charles Idemi 112,030
Word Association. (Nov '10) 11 min Independent1 16,562
sleeping naked and being chubby 14 min cretin56 29
Word Association (Jun '10) 16 min Bezeer 25,877
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 17 min Bezeer 1,273
ask amy rose 3 hr Petal Power 31
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••