El's Kitchen

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#18822 Nov 17, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
the irony there is that years ago when LASIK surgery was just coming out, I said the same thing but the opposite, no one's messing with my eyes, I'll take the hearing surgery ...... years later I needed the hearing surgery anyway. And with age the contacts had to make way for glasses. Yes, lack of hearing can be very isolating.
yeah ive wondered about the lasik surgery myself, but i know several people who've had it done and they are fine. but for me, ive never been a brave soul and besides at this point in life im beginning to choose wearing my glasses over the contacts since i figure it helps hide some of those wrinkles. lol
:)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#18823 Nov 17, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have given you a straight forward answer there Sir Tally,
I thought you was joking.
I thought everybody in the world knew thaqt tea-time is 4 o'clock.
Ah..the arrogance of we Brits!
for my mom, tea time was anytime and it was a good excuse to eat some cake. lol
;)
Krypteia

Hove, UK

#18824 Nov 17, 2012
Always time for Tiffin..

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18825 Nov 17, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>Roosevelt (FD) once commented that Churchill was a man who could have 400 ideas in a day, four of them good ones! But than how many of us can have one good idea in a day? Unfortunately, some of his bad ones were carried through - Tonypandy miners' strike, Dardenelles, return to the gold standard (1925, when he was Cahncellor of the Exchequer). In some ways, he was a poor peacetime politican, in the 1930s he was in the political wilderness. It was almost Lord Halifax who succeeeded Neville Chamberlain in 1940, he turned it down as he felt a PM should sit in the Commons, not the Lords and there was no mechanism to give up his peerage in those days.
I gather that when the 'chips were down' and the time was critical some rose and inspired people. When the moment was gone so was their "usefulness".

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#18826 Nov 17, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry Quincy...I badly phrased my question. I wouldn't dream
of asking such as that. I was meaning....has any of the love of
horses been passed down? I am always thinking along the lines of 'it's in the genes'...lol.
Interesting to learn of your in-laws achievements non-the-less.

I believe you have an anniversary today....

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband, hope you have a brilliant day.
Thank you. Actually the anniversary is next Saturday. I confused things when I spoke of next week and the American Thanksgiving.

While none in my husband's have a passion for horses, an uncle and cousin on my mom's side do. Uncle actually gave her horse when she was in her 20s or 30s. Lot of work and expense. She's most fond of Arabians, reads a lot and catches all the big races. The horse she had was not an Arabian.

Not to complicate, this was mom's sister ---- her husband (my uncle) had a nephew who boarded and trained them. My aunt & uncle had 1 daughter and in her adulthood my uncle bought her a horse which she boarded on her cousin's farm. Beautiful animals.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#18827 Nov 17, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Dearest Rose...you have made my day! I really did not find this
until this morning, I tell ya, I leave for a day or two, I can't
catch up, lol. Sounds like you have been pretty busy there, and I know myself how much hard work there is involved in looking after our pets, so worth it for the pleasure they give us.
Chocolate cake, yum, just the thing for this cold and wet November morning....I have had a fetish myself on baking lately, nothing like home made....:)
Wishing you the best of days and sending my love xoxoxox
Good morning El. Our pets give us so much love. It you want a second opinion on the baked goods I will volenteer

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#18828 Nov 17, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It varies across the land, speaking for myself we have tea at 4'ish
followed by dinner at precisely six o'clock and a light supper
between half past eight and nine o'clock.
Wow that is so different than our eating times

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#18829 Nov 17, 2012
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>yeah ive wondered about the lasik surgery myself, but i know several people who've had it done and they are fine. but for me, ive never been a brave soul and besides at this point in life im beginning to choose wearing my glasses over the contacts since i figure it helps hide some of those wrinkles. lol
Always a silver lining. If it aint broke don't fix it. Some things we can get by without surgery - like you say the glasses are enough. I had been wearing hearing aids for over 10 years by the time the doc said the implant was necessary. If I hadn't had the surgery, in 6 months I would have been completely deaf anyway.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#18830 Nov 17, 2012
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah ive wondered about the lasik surgery myself, but i know several people who've had it done and they are fine. but for me, ive never been a brave soul and besides at this point in life im beginning to choose wearing my glasses over the contacts since i figure it helps hide some of those wrinkles. lol
They are pretty wrinkles I am sure ; )

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#18831 Nov 17, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I gather that when the 'chips were down' and the time was critical some rose and inspired people. When the moment was gone so was their "usefulness".
And then they kicked him out of office when he was no longer needed

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#18832 Nov 17, 2012
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>for my mom, tea time was anytime and it was a good excuse to eat some cake. lol
;)
Sounds good to me!:-)

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Barnet, UK

#18833 Nov 17, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>And then they kicked him out of office when he was no longer needed
Absolutely - even before the war against Japan was over, which was one of the great disappointments of his life. He did return in the 1951 election, but he had aged considerably by then and handed over to Anthony Eden in 1955. Wonder if he would have made the same cock up over Suez that Eden made - I'd like to think not.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18834 Nov 17, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I remember the death of the girlfriend was an accident so to speak -- case of mistaken identity cause he really wanted the boyfriend. Wouldn't have fessing up been easier on the club?
Juicy there is a double agent working for both Jax and Clay, doesn't Jax get that? And won't Clay get suspicious if Gemma now all of the sudden feigns interest? He may be a conniving slimeball, but he's a smart conniving slimeball.
true dat! When Clay grab Gemma's face to kiss her I though she was going to throw up, LOL ... I know I would have, LOLOL ... j/k ... well, no not really j/k but you know what I mean ... he's so mean and conniving like you say ... he's out to ruin Jax and the club and that makes me mad ... but I get all riled up and my friends say, "FC ... it's just a show!" hahaaha ...{{{{{JAX!}}}} haha ...

enjoy your Saturday, Quinny! >>smiles<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18835 Nov 17, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi FC - should point out that is in soccer - in rugby if a player gets a yellow card, he spends 10 mins in the "sin bin" - i.e. off the field. In both sports, a red card means you leave the filed for the rest of the game and may face later disciplinary measures from the sport's governing body, depending on the offence.
Hi Tony! Good afternoon to you! Oh, so your rugby is what we call our football? What do you mean in "BOTH" sports? rugby and soccer? oh, okay ... I think I get it ... do they have "instant replay" to better determine if the call is made correctly by the judging officials in order to make the call and therefore drop the yellow or red card? Very interesting ... thanks for pointing that out ... Appreciated ... Enjoy the rest of your day, Tony! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18836 Nov 17, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Wow that is so different than our eating times
I don't think I could wait that long what with having the aroma hang around all day long, LOL ... 1400hrs sounds like the right time to me ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18837 Nov 17, 2012
Linda the lonely widow wrote:
I'd like Ham&Eggs Hash brown's toast and jelly with coffee
that sounds so good in an omelette with extra ham right about now ... I just woke up about 30 minutes ago ... grape jelly to be exact, lol ... Hi!...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18838 Nov 17, 2012
Good morning, Lady El ... and a good morning it is ... nice cool crisp Saturday morning with the thermometer at 50 degrees having been 38 overnight ... warming up to approximately 67 ... a beautiful day ... getting ready to suit up and head to town as I hear the gym calling my name ... at 1600 hours going to meet one of my friends at her church for their yearly Thanksgiving dinner ... she asks me every year so I usually cave-in and go with her ... he daughter won't go with her so it's all good ... it's usually a nice gathering ... We had our Commnity T-gathering on Thursday ... I went early for the prep work and some of the serving but was able to leave early and didn't have to do the clean up ... I don't like to do the clean up part is why I volunteer for the prep work ... I really don't know which is better, lol ... It should otherwise be a beautiful day ... hope the same for you, P and the kittens ... Have a nice day! Luvya big! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18839 Nov 17, 2012
Good day to all in the kitchen ... sending warmth and sunshine your way! FC <3 ...

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#18840 Nov 17, 2012
Krypteia wrote:
Wales lost against Somoa tonight,ROFLMAO..
Hey Krypteia....I think your Welsh friend could have a point,
it is just a glitch...apparently they were minus an important
player...
Not that I support them anyway being English!...:)
I just live 'ere.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#18841 Nov 17, 2012
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
for my mom, tea time was anytime and it was a good excuse to eat some cake. lol
;)
Oh absolutely PFfff...your mom got it right, it is always
the right time to have a cuppa...and a slice of cake.
Very sustaining!...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 9 min andet1987 6,202
News California scientist names moth species after D... 11 min Jim 22
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) (Jul '15) 12 min andet1987 1,969
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... (Aug '15) 16 min andet1987 1,638
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 19 min Sue 4,892
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 19 min andet1987 2,982
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 22 min Sue 3,559
Back in the day...... 27 min Ferrerman 103
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 1 hr beatlesinafog 95
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Winterday 210,067
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 hr Dawn in Miami 2,767
What Turns You Off? 4 hr Bye Bye Obummer 160
More from around the web