El's Kitchen

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#18460 Nov 9, 2012
Enjoyed our little banter Grace, it wouldn't
do if we all liked the same folk, I recall
when you was not too impressed with 'Englebert's' voice, I thought he was still top of the game,
but no harm done at the end of the day.

Later I learnt of his boasts about his conquests
and I was truly appalled, such a gent.

Now that I have slated all and sundry.....hahaha

Much more important things happening in the world,
haven't seen Deer Whisperer around and hear that
Indiana are having a rough time of it. Glad to see that Boomer is okay there in Ohio, Capt. Morgan not so lucky I hear, he and his family are without power. Our thoughts are with you and hope that you soon have your power restored.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.
Krypteia

Workington, UK

#18462 Nov 9, 2012
Well El what can i say,wolf whistle coming your way..x

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#18463 Nov 9, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
when you was not too impressed with 'Englebert's' voice, I thought he was still top of the game,

Indiana are having a rough time of it. Glad to see that Boomer is okay there in Ohio, Capt. Morgan not so lucky I hear, he and his family are without power. Our thoughts are with you and hope that you soon have your power restored.

Nice avatar!
Woo-hoo!!
Just teasing...

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#18464 Nov 9, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
HEY!'Tis all right in my part of the world, and thank you for showing some concern. Really, the weather this week was 'blah' and dreary having no sunshine for 3 or 4 days, some pesky drizzle, too breezy from the north/northwest direction, and that was it here. But yesterday afternoon it warmed a bit, but morning freezing fog dissipated into clouds for all day. Today -- the sun! Warming now into a delightful weekend.

And it's such pleasure to come 'round and view such a lovely image. The gleam in your eyes and the sheen-y hair -- fantastic pic, chic.

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#18465 Nov 9, 2012
Have fine Friday evening and wonderful weekend wishes for all the kitchen-eers.

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#18466 Nov 9, 2012
Post Script:

You bakers here are well appreciated ! Yummmmmm.

Dear Quinny -- congrats on securing your work for the rest of the year!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#18467 Nov 9, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our back yard used to flood so bad that we had ducks and geese for a few weeks!
you could designate your yard as a wildlife refuge .. maybe you can get a tax break?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#18468 Nov 9, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Has anyone read about this
[link below] explains all,
it is turning into quite a controversy.
VERY very sad.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22263...
makes yuo wonder doesn't it ... you keep hearing about how people pull together to help and yet, sometimes it's the opposite. I presume these people feared for thier own lives if they went outside?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#18469 Nov 9, 2012
PFfff wrote:
Howdy People!
my granddaughter lost her first tooth yesterday, we're so proud! lol
my baby's growing up..
>sniff sniff<
:}
aww shucks!!!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18470 Nov 9, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Post Script:

You bakers here are well appreciated ! Yummmmmm.

Dear Quinny -- congrats on securing your work for the rest of the year!
Thank you! How goes it in the Hoosier state? Yard work all tended to or is it a never ending project? If its not the leaves it's the snow, if it's not the snow it's the weeds.......and let's not even talk about that front & back yard with the lovely lawn!

For me it's the never ending housecleaning! These dogs are NOT earning their keep!

Have a spectacular weekend!!!!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#18471 Nov 9, 2012
tallyho wrote:
INFO: INFO: INFO:
When Mary Wittenberg, the chief executive of New York Road Runners, told the mayor she wanted to cancel the New York City Marathon last Friday, she hoped that the furor over the race would end and her organization could get to work helping residents affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Indeed, she and many athletes who were expecting to run the marathon last Sunday have been to Staten Island to help with relief efforts. Road Runners has also donated many of the supplies that would have been used for the race, including bottled water, blankets, food, medical supplies and tens of thousands of heat sheets and fleece ponchos.
The efforts, though, have not blunted the criticism of Wittenberg’s handling of the crisis, with critics calling for her to resign. Some runners are so disgusted that they are giving up their membership in Road Runners.
“All she cares about is hitting her financial numbers,” Colleen Kirk said of Wittenberg in a post on Road Runners’ Facebook page.“This organization owes the city of NY a huge apology!” Jamie Stephens wrote in another post.“Shame on you for what you tried to pull. Your current efforts are just too little too late. Very disgusting indeed.”
I hope Mary gets the support she deserves for doing the right thing

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#18472 Nov 9, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>you could designate your yard as a wildlife refuge .. maybe you can get a tax break?
But wait there is more...

A guy here who works for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources knew of our condition. I asked if he could get me a "No Mow Zone" for the yard. That way we would be protected under the ODNR so we would not get a ticket for high grass!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#18473 Nov 9, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Compromise means both sides give. Clinton compromised. There is no compromise in Obama. Get ready for huge tax increases on everyone, a debt of 20 trillion by 2016 and the devaluation of the dollar. Obamacare can't be stopped so our health insurance is doomed. More illegals will flood the country taking more jobs from Americans
doom and gloom everywhere? Most of the bad expectatoins of the past 4 years really never came off.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#18474 Nov 9, 2012
Phyllis Good Body wrote:
<quoted text>I like squirrels they seem to enjoy life
they just need to learn to look both ways when they cross the road, poor little things...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#18475 Nov 9, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. You have to give Simon credit. He has made millions on finding talent that the market place will buy. Sometimes things don't sound as good on TV as they do live. I find the balance on volume and instruments really terrible but the audience goes wild so it must be a problem at the sound board
I think they mess up the sound on the TV on purpose .. they don't want people recordig off the TV and putting it on YOUTUBE for free because they want people to buy the ITUNES versoins...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#18476 Nov 9, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Denny. Can you please tell me of any artistes
who Simon has found. Thanks.
He's in his early 50;s and has worked in the music industry since the early 80;s .... I guess his two biggest to date were Leonna Lewis and II DIVO but now he has ONE DIRECTION, and a few years ago Susan Boyle too ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#18477 Nov 9, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
But wait there is more...
A guy here who works for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources knew of our condition. I asked if he could get me a "No Mow Zone" for the yard. That way we would be protected under the ODNR so we would not get a ticket for high grass!
LOL????

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18478 Nov 9, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
<<blows a kiss>>
>>smiles<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18479 Nov 9, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>LOL????
Hi Franko ... long time no see ... hope all is well with you ...

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#18480 Nov 10, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY!'Tis all right in my part of the world, and thank you for showing some concern. Really, the weather this week was 'blah' and dreary having no sunshine for 3 or 4 days, some pesky drizzle, too breezy from the north/northwest direction, and that was it here. But yesterday afternoon it warmed a bit, but morning freezing fog dissipated into clouds for all day. Today -- the sun! Warming now into a delightful weekend.
And it's such pleasure to come 'round and view such a lovely image. The gleam in your eyes and the sheen-y hair -- fantastic pic, chic.
Really glad to see you Luke...I was concerned, we wouldn't like
to think 'one of our own' was at all affected by this recent
disaster. Gorgeous day here today after a few grey days, and
t/y for the compliments.....:)the pic was taken about 3 years ago...could be four...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Judy 123 224,439
One Word (Jan '09) 2 min -Papa-Smurf- 18,382
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 min Brandiiiiiiii 28,905
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 4 min -Papa-Smurf- 84,131
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 5 min -Papa-Smurf- 50,011
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 6 min Brandiiiiiiii 4,768
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 6 min -Papa-Smurf- 13,218
Why Do White People Start Stuff They Can’t Fini... 2 hr Boinkface 66
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 3 hr Suezanne 9,521
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr Crazy Jae 6,430