“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17500 Oct 9, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good evening/morning good people! Hope the weekend was enjoyable to you all, and found you in good health.

The temperature bottomed in the 20s in the wee hours out here in the hinterland and climbed to high 50s today; below average. Several days recently have been below average, with a spike last Wednesday or Thursday in the 80s. The "yo-yo" weather of the most recent weeks past provoked a code in my noase and haid since Friday evening.

I think I'm winning ... feeling better today.
Hot tea is my answer for everything! Rest up & feel better Deer Whisperer.

“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#17501 Oct 9, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very impressive ! A fellow Kitchener who had a brush with fame!
Kudos from me also ...

Speaking of which..
and just for the record LOL..

my own son, who is a Music Producer,
is the proud owner of a Grammy..
as of earlier this year!

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Heywood, UK

#17502 Oct 9, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
'morning El! You got me interested in selling on eBay again. This little handbag I listed must be popular -- bids started coming in immediately!
'Morning Quincy....myself..I haven't done anything about it as yet,
may put my LP collection on there eventually too.

“Scotland The Brave”

Heywood, UK

#17503 Oct 9, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Morning El and all,
I couldn't help wondering about all
the well paid intuitive psychics,
and fortune tellers -
who constantly boast of their extraordinary powers -
and WHERE are they now that little APRIL still cannot be found..
makes one think, doesn't it..
not ONE amongst them from ANY country
can help in the slightest way!
Anyway, today is a perfect Autumn day here,
how beautiful the changing colours..
almost changing before the eyes.
I'm still watching X FACTOR El, are you?
I like Gary Barlow, but found him quite
harsh Saturday in comparing two singers,
I often think, too easily they forget
there's a human heart behind all the
razzle-dazzle and hype, in all these people.
O, well.. it IS X Factor, I suppose,
and for all that, it's truly entertaining.
Wishing all the regulars a good
start to the week ahead.
'Morning Grace....

again...missed it watching 'Strictly Come Dancing' which, frankly,
is just sooo predictable. Tuning in to the X Factor next week
for sure. Gary Barlow can be harsh if the mood takes him, I
noticed that.
I wonder if you read that Will-i-am donated all his fee for appearing
on The Voice, to the Prince of Wales Trust...a wonderful gesture I
thought.

“Scotland The Brave”

Heywood, UK

#17504 Oct 9, 2012
quilterqueen wrote:
Does El's kitchen have chocolate???
Welcome back Quilter Queen....so nice to see you. Do we have chocolae you ask? Is the Pope Catholic? haha We have Hot Chocolate,
Chocolate Bailey's, chocolate muffins, so make yourself at home
you are amongst friends.....:)

“Scotland The Brave”

Heywood, UK

#17505 Oct 9, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
Morning to all and afternoon to some!
I found out that the Carolina Chocolate Drops will be playing in the UK soon. If you haven't heard of them, I suggest you Google or YouTube. Great band!
'Morning Boomer...enjoyed hearing this group for the first time,
can understand them receiving a Grammy....thanks so much for
posting about them.

“Scotland The Brave”

Heywood, UK

#17506 Oct 9, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
From weekend news, there is a family and community in the state of Colorado that is sharing this horrid experience.
A precious girl aged 10 was last seen heading for school Thursday or Friday morning and went missing. The mother is tremendously devastated because she missed the call from school about her because she was sleeping, assuming she works a night shift and slept through or turned off the phone.
There is a custody situation, but by last evening the father is not suspect. He resides in Missouri.
All this conjures up the McCann girl, and there is a missing boy in one of the northwest states over here for 2 or 3 years. No solid evidence in that case. Step-mother was being investigated. Bio mother and father are divorced.
I was so sorry to hear of these two missing children....and how sad
that the mother of the 10yr old girl is berating herself, not having
heard the 'phone....one can imagine how she must feel, it's just dreadful.
Sadly it all too common these days to have children abducted, or worse,
that was the shock of it here, as it is not commonplace at all here,
extremely rare if not non-existent.
One can only hope that it has made people more vigilant.

“Scotland The Brave”

Heywood, UK

#17507 Oct 9, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
El's Kitchen has everything.....and great company to boot!
And that includes you Miss Quinn....we love your company here!

“Scotland The Brave”

Heywood, UK

#17508 Oct 9, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good morning and afternoon, kitchen-eers.
The frost is on the pumpkin this morning, for sure; and all things outside. By now, my yard near the woods patch is collecting scattered fallen leaves. I couldn't say as yet that the woods all around is exploding in color, but leaves are definitely turning -- the array of yellows, reds, oranges, and some purples interspersed with "earth tones". Barring tumultuous rain and wind storms, peak is yet to be.
I dwell in a small settlement in the country comprising of about 30 homes just off a state highway on a private rock/dirt road. It should be all rock, but it's just barely maintained because of some the slackers in our "neighborhood association" formed pretty much to hire for replacement rock as needed. The two dwellings nearest the highway are actually single level duplexes.
The frame and modular homes (no "trailers") are surrounded by or tucked in the prevailing hilly woods. The electric, natural gas, and phone utilities are delivered underground. Water is from a municipal co-operative ( there could be a well or two on some properties but I'm not aware), and home-maintained septic systems are used instead of a sewer system. I've "whined" about having no cable TV/internet access before, and we exceed the range for DSL broadband internet access.
Driving time to the nearest town of commerce just takes "5 minutes". Another 2 or 3 minutes will get me to one of my daughter's house after she moved from the college town where she was schooled, worked, and lived. My youngest is still doing the working and living there (they both finished college last year), about 25-30 minutes drive from me.
My eldest is in the metro-Indianapolis area and it is almost 1.5 hours to travel there. As the twin grand-daughters turned 9 years yesterday, I'm making that trip next Sunday!
Good Morning Cuz Luke....and thank you for this incredibly interesting insight of your part of the world and your family life.....so nice to
learn more of the background of the friends we share our own lives with on more or less a daily basis, it widens the picture greatly.
An enjoyable Sunday coming up this weekend.....plenty of time to 'get back on your feet'...maybe a drop of the hard stuff in a very hot water and a dash of lemon with a spoonful of honey..last thing at night might help?! Certainly won't do any harm!....:) Hope you feel better as the day goes on {{{Cuz Luke}}}

“Scotland The Brave”

Heywood, UK

#17509 Oct 9, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos from me also ...
Speaking of which..
as of earlier this year!
Let me be the first here to CONGRATULATE you as
his mother Grace, that is wonderful news, how on
earth did you manage to keep it to yourself for
so long, LOL....
Many, many, Congratulations, you must be very proud
indeed.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#17510 Oct 9, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>'Morning Boomer...enjoyed hearing this group for the first time,
can understand them receiving a Grammy....thanks so much for
posting about them.
Thanks El. Good afternoon to all across the pond...
Good morning to all here in the USA.
Baseball playoffs!

“Truth and perspective”

Since: Nov 09

defeats BS

#17511 Oct 9, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks El. Good afternoon to all across the pond...
Good morning to all here in the USA.
Baseball playoffs!
Playoffs??!!... playoffs??!! couldn't resist to mimic Indianapolis Colts' head coach Jim Mora outburst before his departure from the team. lol

Yes, MLB end-of-season playoff series time ... it's all good. Good morning to you, Boomer.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#17512 Oct 9, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Playoffs??!!... playoffs??!! couldn't resist to mimic Indianapolis Colts' head coach Jim Mora outburst before his departure from the team. lol

Yes, MLB end-of-season playoff series time ... it's all good. Good morning to you, Boomer.
Thanks!
Great avatar.

“Truth and perspective”

defeats BS

#17513 Oct 9, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Cuz Luke....and thank you for this incredibly interesting insight of your part of the world and your family life.....so nice to
learn more of the background of the friends we share our own lives with on more or less a daily basis, it widens the picture greatly.
An enjoyable Sunday coming up this weekend.....plenty of time to 'get back on your feet'...maybe a drop of the hard stuff in a very hot water and a dash of lemon with a spoonful of honey..last thing at night might help?! Certainly won't do any harm!....:) Hope you feel better as the day goes on {{{Cuz Luke}}}
What is your fee, Doc Eleanor?:) Sincere thanks for your concern and advice!

I ran out of steam prior (and concerned about boring the kitchen crowd) and didn't complete the picture.

My place is on a slope of a hill, and being roughly a triangular-shaped property and is 1 and 1/3 acres (I forget the hectares conversion). About 1/3 (maybe a tad bit more) of it includes part of the prevailing woods. The woods patch forms a wedge from the longest property line. The tree-line obliquely "falls" down my back yard, makes a bend nearer the house and makes a gentle curve to "border" the mow-able side yard.

The woods point at the mow-able of my back yard shields me from the uphill neighbors. There is a small yard bit between my house and road. My front and other side yards gently slope away from the house to the property line of the neighbor below. No trees are there to shield from full exposure to afternoon and evening sun, nor west-northwest winds.

A basic house-form, single level and rectangular with an attached garage having 3 bedrooms and 2 baths -- one accessed from my bedroom. When the 2 youngest daughters were with me on alternate weekends, alternate holidays, and parts of every summer each had a bedroom and "their" bathroom. My location was premised on proximity to their home with their mother and step-father, only about 15 minutes away where it was "convenient" to attend their middle and high school functions.
----------

Rising from my recent laziness in reciprocating in kind with the patrons of the kitchen -- "walking the talk".:)

“Truth and perspective”

defeats BS

#17514 Oct 9, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos from me also ...
Speaking of which..
as of earlier this year!
Kudos to your son, and your status as a proud mother {{{ Cuz Grace }}}

“Truth and perspective”

defeats BS

#17515 Oct 9, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hot tea is my answer for everything! Rest up & feel better Deer Whisperer.
Thank you {{{ Cuz Quinny }}}. You are fine, fine dear company as well.:)

“Truth and perspective”

defeats BS

#17516 Oct 9, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post, gives a lovely mental picture of your
life .. and where you live,
like the NEW YORK song..
so good I read it twice-
great post..
Yes, suddenly, it seems, October has made it's presence
felt, I was driving yesterday, a light wind blowing
soft rain falling, I felt s source of sheer
delight as I witnessed small red leaves being swept off a tree
mingling with sparkling raindrops .. as they both fell together.
again, as I mentioned before,
if you wanted such a scene for a movie,
HOW many 'takes' would have to be made!
Good Day, DW.

Thank you Grace! As I posted to El, I've been lazy in sharing the picture -- as you do yours so very well.:)

“Scotland The Brave”

Heywood, UK

#17517 Oct 9, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Playoffs??!!... playoffs??!! couldn't resist to mimic Indianapolis Colts' head coach Jim Mora outburst before his departure from the team. lol
Playoffs? Playoffs?'Don't talk to me about playoffs...I just hope we can win a game'.....hahaha

I love Jim Mora's passion for the game...

“Scotland The Brave”

Heywood, UK

#17518 Oct 9, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your fee, Doc Eleanor?:) Sincere thanks for your concern and advice!
I ran out of steam prior (and concerned about boring the kitchen crowd) and didn't complete the picture.
My place is on a slope of a hill, and being roughly a triangular-shaped property and is 1 and 1/3 acres (I forget the hectares conversion). About 1/3 (maybe a tad bit more) of it includes part of the prevailing woods. The woods patch forms a wedge from the longest property line. The tree-line obliquely "falls" down my back yard, makes a bend nearer the house and makes a gentle curve to "border" the mow-able side yard.
The woods point at the mow-able of my back yard shields me from the uphill neighbors. There is a small yard bit between my house and road. My front and other side yards gently slope away from the house to the property line of the neighbor below. No trees are there to shield from full exposure to afternoon and evening sun, nor west-northwest winds.
A basic house-form, single level and rectangular with an attached garage having 3 bedrooms and 2 baths -- one accessed from my bedroom. When the 2 youngest daughters were with me on alternate weekends, alternate holidays, and parts of every summer each had a bedroom and "their" bathroom. My location was premised on proximity to their home with their mother and step-father, only about 15 minutes away where it was "convenient" to attend their middle and high school functions.
----------
Rising from my recent laziness in reciprocating in kind with the patrons of the kitchen -- "walking the talk".:)
Sounds heavenly, what the Welsh would term Hiraeth. En suite
bathrooms eh? Very nice indeed.
But to have that amount of land around your home, including a portion of those woods, sounds just my cup of tea!
I lived on Anglesey, oh, must be about 10 years ago now, and my garden was huge, it incorporated an orchard with a path winding through, long long lawn inbetween the house (bungalow) and the orchard, it was all ideal. Anglesey (Ynys Mon) which translated means Mother Island, being the last defence of the Ancient Britons against the Saxons, and also home of the Tudors, is a nice place to live.
It isn't a million miles from where I live, and I am over there Thursday to take the car in to the dealership for it's M.O.T test,
always good to visit.

“Truth and perspective”

defeats BS

#17519 Oct 9, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds heavenly, what the Welsh would term Hiraeth. En suite
bathrooms eh? Very nice indeed.
But to have that amount of land around your home, including a portion of those woods, sounds just my cup of tea!
I lived on Anglesey, oh, must be about 10 years ago now, and my garden was huge, it incorporated an orchard with a path winding through, long long lawn inbetween the house (bungalow) and the orchard, it was all ideal. Anglesey (Ynys Mon) which translated means Mother Island, being the last defence of the Ancient Britons against the Saxons, and also home of the Tudors, is a nice place to live.
It isn't a million miles from where I live, and I am over there Thursday to take the car in to the dealership for it's M.O.T test,
always good to visit.
Oh thanks. It's really rather modest.

Your Anglesey place seems heavenly to me. I must say, you seem Briton through-and-through.:)

I've regular maintenance car service to attend to this week as well.

And ... congrats on the your fellow Brit for copping a share in the Nobel Prize for his pioneer work in cell biology research.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health...

Cheers ! I must be off. More daylight's burnin'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min Roxie Darling 20,618
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 8 min Brandiiiiiiii 17,733
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 9 min Brandiiiiiiii 1,675
The DOUBLE letter Game (Jun '11) 10 min Brandiiiiiiii 6,424
Word Association (Mar '10) 11 min Brandiiiiiiii 15,993
Word Association. (Nov '10) 11 min Brandiiiiiiii 16,678
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 11 min Juju Beans 5,609
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 14 min DILF 7,020
Mystery Over 'Weird' Plane Trail Photograph 20 min Kid_Tomorrow 4
Woman Adds 3rd Breast to Make Herself 'Unattrac... 47 min DILF 12