El's Kitchen

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#17405 Oct 3, 2012
Yooo El..WHAT'CHA got baking in the kitchen? It's FREAKIN' chilly out there..I think a Hot Toddy..from Grandpa's secret stash will warm me up just fine..and a slice of banana bread sounds so comforting..WHERE IS EVERYONE? hey, franko, wanna sit by me and chat?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17406 Oct 4, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>who were you trying to impress?
Everyone and anyone.......is it working?
:-)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#17407 Oct 4, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
.....and what about my tootsies???? I made the mistake of wearing 3 inch heels to work ----- I don't do 3 inch heels so what was I thinkin'?
Poor toes are in revolt :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#17408 Oct 4, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
Yooo El..WHAT'CHA got baking in the kitchen? It's FREAKIN' chilly out there..I think a Hot Toddy..from Grandpa's secret stash will warm me up just fine..and a slice of banana bread sounds so comforting..WHERE IS EVERYONE? hey, franko, wanna sit by me and chat?
I was bow hunting yesterday and El will be happy to know my hunt caused no injury to the deer. I did see 2 beautiful doe but my wife's Bambi pray circle defeated me again :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#17409 Oct 4, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone and anyone.......is it working?
:-)
Working great. I am so impressed :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#17410 Oct 4, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Flower...and huge thanks for letting me in on all this activity in your life, I can only think that Jax, having been rescued himself, has this sixth sense when another animal is in need of TLC...we knew he was special didn't we, now we know for certain....I bet Tito really looks forward to your visits, and how kind, and knowledgeable of his 'dad' to make this contraption for him to get around...hard on such an active breed I can well imagine. A friend has a Jack Russel, Jacko, and he is quite the character, I swear he thinks he is human, but the mileage he covers each day is unbelievable, they live in my former neighbourhood up in the hills and Jacko has free range, which is taking a chance if you ask me, but not my dog, so far so good, he has a guardian angel as he goes about his travels, I am expecting him to come down and visit me one of these days, only three miles away. There is no danger as it is cross country, no roads, and the farmers know him.....
I will add that movie to my rental list, sounds my kind of film.
I watched 'The Negotiator' the other night, it was brilliant.....
Extra specially nice day to you too.....Love, Elx
Good afternoon, Lady El ... The last move I watcjed on Netflix was THE QUEEN with Helen Mirren was great ... It was based on a true story from when Princess Diana passed and the way the Queen handled the incident or failed to handle the incident ... The then Britain Prime Minister tried to step in and tell her she needed to get involved and then the people saw how her lack of presence finally forced her to come out ... The Spencer family were quite appalled themselves ... it was a great movie ... I saw the movie Loopers the other day with the great Bruce Willis ... just a few days ago I believe, I've slept since then, lol ... it was a futuristic time travel action adventure movie ... I just love Bruce Willis ... it was pretty good ... Got my new U-verse ATT high speed internet hooked up on Tuesday, can't tell the difference except it makes me type faster, HA!... Hope all is well with yourself, P and the kittens ... Wishing you a day filled with sunshine, warmth, love, laughter and joy amongst all the other good qualities of life ...Enjoy your day! Much Love, FC <3 ...

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#17411 Oct 4, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I was bow hunting yesterday and El will be happy to know my hunt caused no injury to the deer. I did see 2 beautiful doe but my wife's Bambi pray circle defeated me again :)
Me too! lol

I'm happy no little creature got hurt..

Hi Denny, can see you
'in the mind's eye' sitting happily
with Mrs Denny admiring your new stash! lol!

Good Day to you

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#17412 Oct 4, 2012
Good morning all the wonderful friendlies who gather at Lady El's kitchen ... wishing all a lovely day!... a lovely day to be had here in Austin ... a little cloudy but that is expected to straighten out with the sun a little later so nothng to fret about ... Enjoy your day as well ... Peace ~ FC <3 ...

70°F
Cloudy
Feels like: 70°
High 87°Low 67°

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#17413 Oct 4, 2012
Hi El,

Still no news of APRIL, as you will know..
but hope springs eternal...

See, where they are on JIMMY SAVILLE'S case now!

I don't know ANYTHING about him
so .. will not judge.

I only know he did wonders for
the underprivileged.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#17414 Oct 4, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
You had a lucky escape El..
I remember too, coming across a few weirdos,
in my time [I suppose every young girl does]
an old guy used stand half hidden in a doorway
exposing himself to us, school girls
going from school, it seemed he had it
timed, we knew very little about 'life'
but nonetheless,
knew enough instinctively, to realise that this was wrong.
Sad times,
just heard of the sudden, unexpected death in
'a close friend's
circle': always sad:
I keep thinking of April, too
but as time passes it isn't looking good.
tho' hats off to all those wonderful helpers
you have over there, in your neck-of-the woods, El..
You folks can well be proud.
OOOOO!dear! life??
Please El,
does THE KITCHEN serve 'booze'?
If so,
do me up a nice stiff brandy!
I could do with one.
Night all.
Extremely sorry to hear the bad news Grace...

No, no sign of the little girl yet, the search is being
televised on Sky News as you will know, I don't normally
ever watch tv during the day, but one feels drawn to it,
to see if there is any development, if she has been found.
Dreadful time for the family.

Glad to see you got your brandy, lol.....and more...:)
And whil I think on...delighted for you that you got clearance
from the hospital, exceelent news my friend.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#17415 Oct 4, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
Yooo El..WHAT'CHA got baking in the kitchen? It's FREAKIN' chilly out there..I think a Hot Toddy..from Grandpa's secret stash will warm me up just fine..and a slice of banana bread sounds so comforting..WHERE IS EVERYONE? hey, franko, wanna sit by me and chat?
For you Chick...freshly baked banana bread and (shhhh)(not licenced)
Hot Toddy....I will join you with a Spanish coffee, you're right it
is decidely chilly out there, there's room on the settle in the Inglenook for you...the best seat in the kitchen, terms apply though
you have to throw a log on the fire now and then...

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#17416 Oct 4, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I was bow hunting yesterday and El will be happy to know my hunt caused no injury to the deer. I did see 2 beautiful doe but my wife's Bambi pray circle defeated me again :)
It will surprise you to know that I am not against culling deer as it happens Denny, I realise that it has to be done to balance nature.
So I am asking myself if you changed your mind about shooting them,
or you actually missed....but please don't answer that, if you're gonna do it, just do it! Not something to brag about imo.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#17417 Oct 4, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Lady El ... The last move I watcjed on Netflix was THE QUEEN with Helen Mirren was great ... It was based on a true story from when Princess Diana passed and the way the Queen handled the incident or failed to handle the incident ... The then Britain Prime Minister tried to step in and tell her she needed to get involved and then the people saw how her lack of presence finally forced her to come out ... The Spencer family were quite appalled themselves ... it was a great movie ... I saw the movie Loopers the other day with the great Bruce Willis ... just a few days ago I believe, I've slept since then, lol ... it was a futuristic time travel action adventure movie ... I just love Bruce Willis ... it was pretty good ... Got my new U-verse ATT high speed internet hooked up on Tuesday, can't tell the difference except it makes me type faster, HA!... Hope all is well with yourself, P and the kittens ... Wishing you a day filled with sunshine, warmth, love, laughter and joy amongst all the other good qualities of life ...Enjoy your day! Much Love, FC <3 ...
Good Afternoon Flower ..I remember all that unfolding when Diana was killed...I remember the lack of response, all of that, so I wouldn't wish to see it on film....besides which, I cannot stand Helen Mirren!
But Bruce Willis I love. There is a television commercial running at the moment which he is in, he is so funny, I tried to find it for you on youtube to no avail, anyway, glad you enjoyed Loopers, it has only just come out over here and would like to see that at the cinema, we will see anyway. Was watching an animal rescue channel last night and there was a Rottweiler in this wonderful shelter who had survived the hurricane, also survived being tangled in barbed wire, so a double survival, in the prog he gets a new home with a lady, her two little daughters and their little terrier dog who really takes to this Rottie, thought of you and Jax straight away.

Football under way here now, am off to have a shower, have dinner and tiune in to Liverpool FC...watched Manchester City last night, great game. Hope you are having a great day....luvya honey bun..<3

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

London, UK

#17418 Oct 4, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Hi El,
Still no news of APRIL, as you will know..
but hope springs eternal...
See, where they are on JIMMY SAVILLE'S case now!
I don't know ANYTHING about him
so .. will not judge.
I only know he did wonders for
the underprivileged.
Watched the TV programme last night and it was most disquietening - unfortunate that he's not around to respond, but even employees at the BBC are now admitting there were question marks over him in the 1970s. Esther Rantzen, who now runs child line over here was on. She counted herself as a friend of his, but even she felt the allegations were true.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#17419 Oct 4, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I was bow hunting yesterday and El will be happy to know my hunt caused no injury to the deer. I did see 2 beautiful doe but my wife's Bambi pray circle defeated me again :)
Denny....I so appreciate you supporting the kitchen...hope you
understand, I just feel strongly about the actual hunt. Don't
mean to offend.xx

“The ultimate equality:”

Since: Nov 09

extinction

#17420 Oct 4, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Watched the TV programme last night and it was most disquietening - unfortunate that he's not around to respond, but even employees at the BBC are now admitting there were question marks over him in the 1970s. Esther Rantzen, who now runs child line over here was on. She counted herself as a friend of his, but even she felt the allegations were true.
This development is a news bit over here chronicled by Yahoo! since yesterday. Noted that a show was going to be broadcast there about it.

http://news.yahoo.com/sex-claims-over-saintly...

I agree about the delay in bringing this to light after Saville's passing is not so desirable, but if true it shouldn't be repressed any longer. Over time, we all have found out that people in high regard (positions of leadership, authority -- moral and otherwise, or celebrated notables) might not be such nice and upstanding folk.

“The ultimate equality:”

Since: Nov 09

extinction

#17421 Oct 4, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone and anyone.......is it working?
:-)
It works charmingly!:)

“The ultimate equality:”

Since: Nov 09

extinction

#17422 Oct 4, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Yes El,
I've been watching - apart from taking
'the Ali' dog out for a run.. and when I did,
it began to pour and pour.
Ali tho' had no objections! lol..
at one stage I stood in awe,
heard myself saying softly 'Jesus'!
no not a prayer, but quite overwhelmed by an autumn scene of SUCH beauty -
a tree full of deep red leaves, a wide circle around it
roots covered with scarlet leaves that fell,
a little tree [like it's child]
close by it's side with decided pink leaves -
and hanging from a higher willowy tree -
waving branches of soft auburn leaves..
I was stopped in my tracks..
thinking if you needed this scene
for a movie,
you'd have to do SO many 'takes'
but here it was, perfected by nature:
I agree, El,
there IS something a bit odd maybe 'unseemly'
is the word, how they are running the abduction
through the media like a 'soap'
must be *h*ell* for her family.
then who am 'I' to say..
and honestly, I really think. the people of that town
are GREAT to be out searching.
since the sweet girl is still missing,
perhaps ANYTHING that helps towards her
safe return is ok..
I dono' what to think really -
only knowing the bare outlines from the media
[like everyone else]
they say they were looking for HIM
the man they arrested and are presently questioning,
but if he had peedophilic tendencies..
why was he free?
OMG,
I hope the news 'SOMEHOW' will be good eventually.
It is life's irony that pathos can occur in such beauty as nature provides us in October.

October -- autumn -- falling leaves -- Fall

A note about seasons, and the distinction between you'uns and us'uns -- I did find:

http://news.yahoo.com/why-does-fall-autumn-tw...

“The ultimate equality:”

Since: Nov 09

extinction

#17423 Oct 4, 2012
Alright then! As Colorado Chick has joined in the partaking of El's kitchen fare, and a "signature" being "ROCK ON" --

(a recent trivia item in Wikipedia main page)
We gonna rock this joint for all and the hostess with the mostest:

As an aristocrat with time on her hands, Lady Clive collected minerals as a hobby.

"The minerals in Lady Clive's collection, numbering up to 1,000, are arranged systematically by chemistry, as was usual in the early 19th century.[1] In 1817, Lady Clive organised her collection in two handwritten catalogues, using numbers to identify each specimen and helping the collection remain remarkably complete to this day. A quarter of the original collection is now kept at the National Museum Wales as one the most important historic mineral collections."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrietta_Clive,...

Which reminded me of enjoying a random paperback book once purchased at Walmart to read whilst waiting on car service:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Map_that_Cha...

Biographic account of the "Father Of English Geography", a humble man of with a great contribution to geologic science; and was shabbily treated by the haughty professionals and academe until belatedly recognized for his observations and documentation of strata.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Smith_ (geologist)

“The ultimate equality:”

Since: Nov 09

extinction

#17424 Oct 4, 2012
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Alright then! As Colorado Chick has joined in the partaking of El's kitchen fare, and a "signature" being "ROCK ON" --
(a recent trivia item in Wikipedia main page)
We gonna rock this joint for all and the hostess with the mostest:
As an aristocrat with time on her hands, Lady Clive collected minerals as a hobby.
"The minerals in Lady Clive's collection, numbering up to 1,000, are arranged systematically by chemistry, as was usual in the early 19th century.[1] In 1817, Lady Clive organised her collection in two handwritten catalogues, using numbers to identify each specimen and helping the collection remain remarkably complete to this day. A quarter of the original collection is now kept at the National Museum Wales as one the most important historic mineral collections."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrietta_Clive,...
Which reminded me of enjoying a random paperback book once purchased at Walmart to read whilst waiting on car service:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Map_that_Cha...
Biographic account of the "Father Of English Geography", a humble man of with a great contribution to geologic science; and was shabbily treated by the haughty professionals and academe until belatedly recognized for his observations and documentation of strata.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Smith_ (geologist)
bbllechhh! and bejeesus .. W. Smith --> "The Father of English GEOLOGY"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 3 min andet1987 10,601
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 11 min andet1987 32,971
2words into 2new words (May '12) 13 min rainmaker2016 8,024
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 14 min andet1987 36,529
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 14 min rainmaker2016 7,590
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 18 min andet1987 12
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min Sharlene45 215,490
News Chicago artist creates a mural of Michelle Obam... 1 hr andet1987 39
What Is Your DREAM JOB? 1 hr andet1987 55
A to Z songs by title or group! 10 hr wichita-rick 1,592
More from around the web