“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#17398 Oct 3, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a nice scotch instead!?
It is unfortunate that little girls growing up have to put up with such rubbish! I will not talk about the atrocities with young boys...
As a man and a father, I rue the moment....
Need I say more!?
Brandy and/or scotch is on me!
Well now,
that's very nice of you,

a brandy please..
it's past my bed time,
but I have no sleep on me,
must prepare for a sadder than usual
funeral this weekend.

Yes, I dare say, boys have a lot to
contend with too..

Hoping you are content and happy
you are a very nice addition to THE KITCHEN
regulars, Boomer.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#17399 Oct 3, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't make out whether you are 'for' banning smoking in public places, or whether you consider it is infringing smokers' rights.
I am so sick of hearing about human rights. We have people banged up in prison who, due to the human rights act as laid down by Brussels, are treated better than those who try to live within the law...that is just one example, so sod human rights in this instance, let us think of the affect that passive smoking has on the general public..there are times when everybody finds it necessary to be in a public place and being poisoned by someone who cannot wait until he/she reaches the sanctury of their own home, should not be an option. Cigarette smoke KILLS. Research has proven this...or have all those little monkeys in laboratory tests died in vain?!
'Morning Franko......:)
I agree with you on the prisons, it seems like they are coddled a little too much,(and at taxpayer expense) especially the violent offenders and repeat criminals. The worst part about some prisons is the bullying etc done by the prisoners to each other ...

I would put first time offenders of lesser offenses into a different prison .. one that would not be as harsh and focuss on rehab.

One big mistake is that first timers are put in with the worst case offenders and all they learn is how to be better criminals when they get out.

As to smoking bans ... I think there needs to be room for both ... some level of compromise so that everyone can live with it.

It is a difficult thing to accomplish ... my sister once had a neighbour in her condo who often sat with freinds on thier balcony, and the wind carried the combined smoke of 4 or 5 cigarrettes directly to her apartment ... she felt like she was standing right next to someone smoked in her place. But how can you tell someone not to smoke on their own property?

Maybe some day smoking will become obsolete ....

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#17400 Oct 3, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
just a waiting game now, everybody doing their utmost, it really is
very sad, I can't remember anything like this happening here since I
have lived here, guess you cannot be too complacent anywhere.
there was an abduction where I lived in my early 20's .. it was in a park with dozens of poeple around, there was a small forested area off in one corner of the park, probably not more than 100 feet by 100 feet, and a small path went through it. An 8 year old child had walked on the path. 3 minutes later the parents realized their child was not in sight ....

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#17401 Oct 3, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>Well now,
that's very nice of you,

a brandy please..
it's past my bed time,
but I have no sleep on me,
must prepare for a sadder than usual
funeral this weekend.

Yes, I dare say, boys have a lot to
contend with too..

Hoping you are content and happy
you are a very nice addition to THE KITCHEN
regulars, Boomer.
Then, allow me to warm that brandy for you!
Now, take off the Bunny Slippers and allow me to rub your feet...

Just teasing.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17402 Oct 3, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>How about a nice scotch instead!?

It is unfortunate that little girls growing up have to put up with such rubbish! I will not talk about the atrocities with young boys...

As a man and a father, I rue the moment....

Need I say more!?

Brandy and/or scotch is on me!
It's past my bedtime but I'll gladly partake of a Mojito if we have 'em.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#17403 Oct 3, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>Then, allow me to warm that brandy for you!
Now, take off the Bunny Slippers and allow me to rub your feet...

Just teasing.
.....and what about my tootsies???? I made the mistake of wearing 3 inch heels to work ----- I don't do 3 inch heels so what was I thinkin'?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#17404 Oct 3, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
.....and what about my tootsies???? I made the mistake of wearing 3 inch heels to work ----- I don't do 3 inch heels so what was I thinkin'?
who were you trying to impress?

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#17405 Oct 3, 2012
Yooo El..WHAT'CHA got baking in the kitchen? It's FREAKIN' chilly out there..I think a Hot Toddy..from Grandpa's secret stash will warm me up just fine..and a slice of banana bread sounds so comforting..WHERE IS EVERYONE? hey, franko, wanna sit by me and chat?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#17406 Oct 4, 2012
franko wrote:
<quoted text>who were you trying to impress?
Everyone and anyone.......is it working?
:-)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#17407 Oct 4, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor toes are in revolt :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#17408 Oct 4, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
Yooo El..WHAT'CHA got baking in the kitchen? It's FREAKIN' chilly out there..I think a Hot Toddy..from Grandpa's secret stash will warm me up just fine..and a slice of banana bread sounds so comforting..WHERE IS EVERYONE? hey, franko, wanna sit by me and chat?
I was bow hunting yesterday and El will be happy to know my hunt caused no injury to the deer. I did see 2 beautiful doe but my wife's Bambi pray circle defeated me again :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#17409 Oct 4, 2012
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone and anyone.......is it working?
:-)
Working great. I am so impressed :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#17410 Oct 4, 2012
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Flower...and huge thanks for letting me in on all this activity in your life, I can only think that Jax, having been rescued himself, has this sixth sense when another animal is in need of TLC...we knew he was special didn't we, now we know for certain....I bet Tito really looks forward to your visits, and how kind, and knowledgeable of his 'dad' to make this contraption for him to get around...hard on such an active breed I can well imagine. A friend has a Jack Russel, Jacko, and he is quite the character, I swear he thinks he is human, but the mileage he covers each day is unbelievable, they live in my former neighbourhood up in the hills and Jacko has free range, which is taking a chance if you ask me, but not my dog, so far so good, he has a guardian angel as he goes about his travels, I am expecting him to come down and visit me one of these days, only three miles away. There is no danger as it is cross country, no roads, and the farmers know him.....
I will add that movie to my rental list, sounds my kind of film.
I watched 'The Negotiator' the other night, it was brilliant.....
Extra specially nice day to you too.....Love, Elx
Good afternoon, Lady El ... The last move I watcjed on Netflix was THE QUEEN with Helen Mirren was great ... It was based on a true story from when Princess Diana passed and the way the Queen handled the incident or failed to handle the incident ... The then Britain Prime Minister tried to step in and tell her she needed to get involved and then the people saw how her lack of presence finally forced her to come out ... The Spencer family were quite appalled themselves ... it was a great movie ... I saw the movie Loopers the other day with the great Bruce Willis ... just a few days ago I believe, I've slept since then, lol ... it was a futuristic time travel action adventure movie ... I just love Bruce Willis ... it was pretty good ... Got my new U-verse ATT high speed internet hooked up on Tuesday, can't tell the difference except it makes me type faster, HA!... Hope all is well with yourself, P and the kittens ... Wishing you a day filled with sunshine, warmth, love, laughter and joy amongst all the other good qualities of life ...Enjoy your day! Much Love, FC <3 ...

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#17411 Oct 4, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I was bow hunting yesterday and El will be happy to know my hunt caused no injury to the deer. I did see 2 beautiful doe but my wife's Bambi pray circle defeated me again :)
Me too! lol

I'm happy no little creature got hurt..

Hi Denny, can see you
'in the mind's eye' sitting happily
with Mrs Denny admiring your new stash! lol!

Good Day to you

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#17412 Oct 4, 2012
Good morning all the wonderful friendlies who gather at Lady El's kitchen ... wishing all a lovely day!... a lovely day to be had here in Austin ... a little cloudy but that is expected to straighten out with the sun a little later so nothng to fret about ... Enjoy your day as well ... Peace ~ FC <3 ...

70°F
Cloudy
Feels like: 70°
High 87°Low 67°

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#17413 Oct 4, 2012
Hi El,

Still no news of APRIL, as you will know..
but hope springs eternal...

See, where they are on JIMMY SAVILLE'S case now!

I don't know ANYTHING about him
so .. will not judge.

I only know he did wonders for
the underprivileged.

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#17414 Oct 4, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
You had a lucky escape El..
I remember too, coming across a few weirdos,
in my time [I suppose every young girl does]
an old guy used stand half hidden in a doorway
exposing himself to us, school girls
going from school, it seemed he had it
timed, we knew very little about 'life'
but nonetheless,
knew enough instinctively, to realise that this was wrong.
Sad times,
just heard of the sudden, unexpected death in
'a close friend's
circle': always sad:
I keep thinking of April, too
but as time passes it isn't looking good.
tho' hats off to all those wonderful helpers
you have over there, in your neck-of-the woods, El..
You folks can well be proud.
OOOOO!dear! life??
Please El,
does THE KITCHEN serve 'booze'?
If so,
do me up a nice stiff brandy!
I could do with one.
Night all.
Extremely sorry to hear the bad news Grace...

No, no sign of the little girl yet, the search is being
televised on Sky News as you will know, I don't normally
ever watch tv during the day, but one feels drawn to it,
to see if there is any development, if she has been found.
Dreadful time for the family.

Glad to see you got your brandy, lol.....and more...:)
And whil I think on...delighted for you that you got clearance
from the hospital, exceelent news my friend.

Manchester, UK

#17415 Oct 4, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
For you Chick...freshly baked banana bread and (shhhh)(not licenced)
Hot Toddy....I will join you with a Spanish coffee, you're right it
is decidely chilly out there, there's room on the settle in the Inglenook for you...the best seat in the kitchen, terms apply though
you have to throw a log on the fire now and then...

Manchester, UK

#17416 Oct 4, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I was bow hunting yesterday and El will be happy to know my hunt caused no injury to the deer. I did see 2 beautiful doe but my wife's Bambi pray circle defeated me again :)
It will surprise you to know that I am not against culling deer as it happens Denny, I realise that it has to be done to balance nature.
So I am asking myself if you changed your mind about shooting them,
or you actually missed....but please don't answer that, if you're gonna do it, just do it! Not something to brag about imo.

Manchester, UK

#17417 Oct 4, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Lady El ... The last move I watcjed on Netflix was THE QUEEN with Helen Mirren was great ... It was based on a true story from when Princess Diana passed and the way the Queen handled the incident or failed to handle the incident ... The then Britain Prime Minister tried to step in and tell her she needed to get involved and then the people saw how her lack of presence finally forced her to come out ... The Spencer family were quite appalled themselves ... it was a great movie ... I saw the movie Loopers the other day with the great Bruce Willis ... just a few days ago I believe, I've slept since then, lol ... it was a futuristic time travel action adventure movie ... I just love Bruce Willis ... it was pretty good ... Got my new U-verse ATT high speed internet hooked up on Tuesday, can't tell the difference except it makes me type faster, HA!... Hope all is well with yourself, P and the kittens ... Wishing you a day filled with sunshine, warmth, love, laughter and joy amongst all the other good qualities of life ...Enjoy your day! Much Love, FC <3 ...
Good Afternoon Flower ..I remember all that unfolding when Diana was killed...I remember the lack of response, all of that, so I wouldn't wish to see it on film....besides which, I cannot stand Helen Mirren!
But Bruce Willis I love. There is a television commercial running at the moment which he is in, he is so funny, I tried to find it for you on youtube to no avail, anyway, glad you enjoyed Loopers, it has only just come out over here and would like to see that at the cinema, we will see anyway. Was watching an animal rescue channel last night and there was a Rottweiler in this wonderful shelter who had survived the hurricane, also survived being tangled in barbed wire, so a double survival, in the prog he gets a new home with a lady, her two little daughters and their little terrier dog who really takes to this Rottie, thought of you and Jax straight away.

Football under way here now, am off to have a shower, have dinner and tiune in to Liverpool FC...watched Manchester City last night, great game. Hope you are having a great day....luvya honey bun..<3

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Princess Hey 145,147
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 9 min Concerned_American 23,999
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,822
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min Aura Mytha 115,200
What's Been Your "Contribution*"? 16 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 19 min Bill 235
last word - first (Jun '12) 21 min beatlesinthebog 6,824
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 35 min Swearnet 18,555
Fergson Police Dept. 45 min beatlesinthebog 362
What's your tip for the day? 48 min beatlesinthebog 802
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE