El's Kitchen

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#37055 Sep 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't get much better than that, two consecutive days off and at the weekend, does sound like you had the perfect time with your boys, glad for you 2 Special.
Does this sound familiar? Planting the Daffodil bulbs today, it is dry, it is a calm day, so no excuse today. Housework yesterday, garden work today.
Good for you! I love daffodils, they are a sign spring is here and the long winter is over!!! School starts here today and I was able to convince another person to come in for 2 hours so I can run home and make sure the boys get out the door! While it will break up the day today for me, I will have to stay later to make up the hours on Thursday, so it lengthens my week. On the bright side, this is the last week of doubles for a while as the employee who has been out on a medical will be back next week!!! Hope you have a great productive day!!!

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#37056 Sep 2, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
Morning El....Waiting for my son to get his backside in gear to go out for breakfast his idea and I'm paying,typical,lol
Hello Krypteia....just enjoying some decent weather here for a change, wouldn't you know it, it's bucking up now the kids are going back to school. Enjoy your meal out with your son, it's only money! Nice to see you Krypt...:)

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#37057 Sep 2, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you! I love daffodils, they are a sign spring is here and the long winter is over!!! School starts here today and I was able to convince another person to come in for 2 hours so I can run home and make sure the boys get out the door! While it will break up the day today for me, I will have to stay later to make up the hours on Thursday, so it lengthens my week. On the bright side, this is the last week of doubles for a while as the employee who has been out on a medical will be back next week!!! Hope you have a great productive day!!!
It puts your mind at rest though, knowing that the boys are where they should be and safely, hard work bringing up a family and working, I know having been there. Great that the employee is to return to work, but of course the extra all comes in handy! It's swings and roundabouts every way we turn. I have daffodils in pots scattered about the patio, am putting this new lot under
the Mock Orange tree, these are very fragrant, called Winston Churchill, and I will plant some Muscari inbetween. Made a start and came in for a brew.
I was reading that Christmas chocolates are in the supermarkets already, how ridiculous is it getting? But then again, it's good to look ahead. Hope your day is an easy one 2 Special...::)

“.WHERE DID”

Since: May 14

THAT POST GO

#37058 Sep 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
OOH! I'm going to ask you for a clue!
'Morning Sir Tally
G'Morning all the good friends of the Kitchen...
certainly .. about the 2:30 mark the tanned gal in all white ,, black hair .....

that is from his movie where Bond is in a military vehicle and she drives by flashing
and Bond [Moore] pulls the rip cord on one of he's guards .. etc etc

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#37059 Sep 2, 2014
thanks Lady El.......... a gentleman also knew and gave me the answer as well , he refrain from posting to preserve your answer as I shall do , wait on the Vee
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Muskegon, MI

#37060 Sep 2, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
thanks Lady El.......... a gentleman also knew and gave me the answer as well , he refrain from posting to preserve your answer as I shall do , wait on the Vee
sup Killer

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#37061 Sep 2, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
Well now....I'm not saying it isn't, as it could well be Vee, but what does this gent think, and also, what does Vee have to say about it. Is she holding out on us all!

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#37062 Sep 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>

I was reading that Christmas chocolates are in the supermarkets already, how ridiculous is it getting? But then again, it's good to look ahead. Hope your day is an easy one 2 Special...::)
Will 'we' be capable of separating the Halloween candy from the Christmas candy or should 'we' just incorporate to the 2 holidays?
"SPOKYMAS"
[Christween]'i' guess 'we' already done that pretty much so?

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#37063 Sep 2, 2014
GRACE......remembe when I said only yesterday that I never had to bathe an animal in wshing up liquid?! I said that didn't I? I take it all back

Due to the weather conditions yesterday, I put off planting the bulbs as I knew it was ging to change by today. Decided to give the kitchen a bit of a make over.

It was all going according to plan, the kitties were banned from the kitchen, and we happily
slapped paint on the walls, when suddenly someone who shall remain anonymous (P) let
Joe the black cat through, who in running to the kitchen door ran straigtht into the paint
roller tray, his litle paws and chest, as he also slipped in it..(: covered in 'Soft Biscuit' coloured paint. To top it off, ran down the path leaving paw marks of paint all along his route.

I immediately ran warm water l and grabbed the washing up liquid.......not all off him but how about that for coincidence! That'll teach me to open my big mouth, lol.
Krypteia

London, UK

#37064 Sep 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
GRACE......remembe when I said only yesterday that I never had to bathe an animal in wshing up liquid?! I said that didn't I? I take it all back
Due to the weather conditions yesterday, I put off planting the bulbs as I knew it was ging to change by today. Decided to give the kitchen a bit of a make over.
It was all going according to plan, the kitties were banned from the kitchen, and we happily
slapped paint on the walls, when suddenly someone who shall remain anonymous (P) let
Joe the black cat through, who in running to the kitchen door ran straigtht into the paint
roller tray, his litle paws and chest, as he also slipped in it..(: covered in 'Soft Biscuit' coloured paint. To top it off, ran down the path leaving paw marks of paint all along his route.
I immediately ran warm water l and grabbed the washing up liquid.......not all off him but how about that for coincidence! That'll teach me to open my big mouth, lol.
Aren't cats washing machine and tumble dry friendly?

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#37065 Sep 2, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Will 'we' be capable of separating the Halloween candy from the Christmas candy or should 'we' just incorporate to the 2 holidays?
"SPOKYMAS"
Good point. You could incorporate Thanksgiving with both of those....how about calling it
ThanksHailChrist. Not bad off the top of my head!

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#37066 Sep 2, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't cats washing machine and tumble dry friendly?
HAHA! If only. It's nice enough today to peg them out on the line. Aww, feel mean now! lol

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#37067 Sep 2, 2014
I know a kid or two that would b elated to get a candy cane in their Halloween loot!

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#37069 Sep 2, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
I know a kid or two that would b elated to get a candy cane in their Halloween loot!
and a few that need a caning or two

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#37070 Sep 2, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
<quoted text>
and a few that need a caning or two
Lol, I agree, little smart a$$es you couldn't please:)

Also, I hope the new fashion of giving them money in
place of Halloween treats doesn't catch on, that's just
Lazy thinking.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#37071 Sep 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
LOL that sounded great (in retrospect) of course:)
& I hadn't to do the clean up.
I could imagine the cat!!!

Would have made a fine U Tube link, El. LOL.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#37072 Sep 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHA! If only. It's nice enough today to peg them out on the line. Aww, feel mean now! lol
Spose that's why so many have loose ears-
Handy for pegging;)

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#37073 Sep 2, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
"SPOKYMAS"
LOL, HA HA!

SPOKYMAS!!!

I like that-original ..
Be careful tho'

You might get a solicitor's letter from SANTA CLAUS!!!:)

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#37074 Sep 2, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't cats washing machine and tumble dry friendly?
Dono' really..
Never can find the instruction tag;)
Krypteia

London, UK

#37075 Sep 2, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Dono' really..
Never can find the instruction tag;)
it would save a lot of hassle and a lot of scratches,lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2,738
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 9,626
I think I'm going to be sick! 14 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2
Write cities alfabetically (tell the country/st... (Sep '11) 27 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3,041
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 29 min honeymylove 150,662
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 31 min honeymylove 6,572
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 33 min Hoosier Hillbilly 38,750
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 31,041
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr xxxooxxx 225,396
Anonymous - Message to Hillary Clinton 6 hr Sublime1 48
More from around the web