good!
glad to see all the visitors leave
lol
ive become an official island girl.
lol
lifes good..
:)
'Morning Island Girl...:)

how alike we think now....had a delivery this morning and the driver arrived totally harrassed having been at a stand still for miles because the vast amounts of traffic on the roads, and that was half past nine this morning.......this weekend they are all going back home, and peace will descend once again.
I used to have a little friend whose father gave up one of his fields for campers, as they were leaving this four year old boy would shout 'Go Home' in Welsh, the tourists would smile and wave to him not knowing what he was saying....sounds a bit rude but some of them have no idea how to behave in the country,,so it was understandable.
Anyway, me rabbiting on.....
glad you have settled in PFfff ...and have a lovely holiday weekend.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#36959 Aug 30, 2014
Slight probs in accessing Topix once again so just to say Good Day to All here...

Grace, Denny, Princess, LIM, and MM......

GRACE......will be tuning in to X Factor tonight....hope to share thoughts about the acts with you.....

“.WHERE DID”

Since: May 14

THAT POST GO

#36961 Aug 30, 2014
in all fairness..........
New York's Move Over Law Has Changed
Effective January 1, 2012

Protects law enforcement officers, emergency workers, tow and service vehicle operators and other maintenance workers stopped along roadways while performing their duties.

Drivers must use due care when approaching an emergency vehicle that displays red and/or white emergency lighting:
On all roads and highways, drivers must reduce speed;
On Parkways and other controlled access highways with multiple lanes, when approaching an emergency vehicle that displays red and/or white emergency lighting or a hazard vehicle displaying flashing amber lighting, drivers must move from the lane immediately adjacent to the emergency or hazard vehicle, unless traffic or other hazards exist to prevent doing so safely.

no wonder , drivers says 'I DON'T ANSWER QUESTIONS'

lucky he did go to jail..........

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#36962 Aug 30, 2014
a dollar says..........

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#36963 Aug 30, 2014
LODD, New York, State, Police, I-290, struck, killed, traffic ...
www.respondersafety.com/Articles/New_York_Sta... ... Cached
... while on a routine traffic stop. State Police say Dobson ... a traffic ticket when he was struck and killed by a ... New York State Trooper Killed ...

Minnesota law officers to step up 'move over' enforcement on ...
www.therepublic.com/view/story/3462e11ea6094a... ... Cached
Foss was making a traffic stop on Interstate 90 when he was hit by a passing vehicle and killed on Aug. 31, 2000. The Minnesota State Patrol and ... flashing lights.

State Police: Driver intentionally hit State Trooper | New ...
www.wptz.com/.../trooper-killed-during-traffi... Cached
State Police say a 60-year old Florida man intentionally hit a trooper during a traffic stop.... the New York State Police.... killed new york state police.

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#36964 Aug 30, 2014
this other side of the story will get me in trouble

“Want A Friend, Be One”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Remember me with a smile :o)

#36965 Aug 30, 2014
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend ..mine is another hot day..but they are calling for storms and rain sure hope it passes us going out tomorrow for our family reunion so I pray the rain holds back..LOL.you guys be safe and dont eat too much..LOL..(hugs) for anybody needing one today..smile as we go along our way..
el rigby

Liverpool, UK

#36966 Aug 30, 2014
not with me it won't Sir Tally.......only too glad to hear the other side of the story.
and a little late in the day but Hello to Petal Power.....

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#36967 Aug 30, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>It has been a decent day so far, thank you. It is a grueling time, but I'm glad to do it, glad it's an option when it looked like there were none before. There is a new miracle procedure called a Cox Maze, which was one of the 5 things they did with Mom's heart. They literally took a scalpel and cut bands on her heart, and the resulting scar tissue disrupts the electric misfires that cause A-Fib (atrial fibrillation)! A-Fib wears out the heart and can greatly shorten one's lifespan. There are a couple of posters here whom I sure hope know about this, and if they don't I hope they see this post and look into it. Otherwise there's no cure. I've learned so much about the heart this year, though I've been a very reluctant student, lol.
I've thought about you and Grace regularly, I'm a newshound and keep tabs on what is going on in your parts of the world. I've prayed for y'all when storms were heading your way, lol.
So much going on with my family, I know I've said I'm busy before, but believe it or not I've become busier than I ever have been. When the kids were almost grown I'd envisioned a calm more sedate life once they moved up and out; who was I kidding? What happened was that the family realized I had an empty nest and being partially retired, I had what they see as FREE TIME, lol. It's okay though, I'm the oldest and looking out for my siblings and kids (and all their kids) comes naturally.
What else am I gonna do anyway?(oh wait I could think of a few things....)
Once again, it's a pleasure to 'see' y'all. I'm still very thankful for our unlikely friendships made possible with this miraculous internet.
I've missed reading many posters here and hope all have been well.
You have a splendid day! <3
Thank P for thinking of us..
All good over here, my new granddaughter is almost 7 months,
and these past months I loved and appreciated watching her development
almost in slow motion.. Ie...
going from a circular movement of her tiny chubby hands in trying to
catch an item but failing to grasp it, to perfect co ordination within days..

The delight in her eyes at any colourful object..

Her shouting loud and screaming expressing the simple joy of
just being alive.. Small miracles my older age permits me to see and
appreciate to the fullest measure.

Yes, in your case they are attracted back home,
To the empty nest lol

and why?>

Only because YOU treated them so well
to begin with, and down all the years,
they, in turn, follow where the love they knew was..
and still is.

Take care..
Glad you are well.
Always good to see you.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#36968 Aug 30, 2014
Claire wrote:
Good morning!
El, I had left a post here Thursday but it seems to have gone the way of the Dodo(doh!) bird.lol
Start of a 3-day holiday weekend, hope to get some grilling in and enjoy some nice weather. Kids are groaning a bit, back to school & such. I feel so bad for them .. not. ;^D I'll miss them.
Hello Grace, how are you getting along today? Has your weather gone chilly as well? I am not looking forward to putting the furnace on myself, it's like saying "I surrender" to the cooler days ahead. But fall is a beautiful time, so not a total loss at all. Fall is my favorite season, gorgeous colors, most trees keep their leaves through October.
Wishing all my fellow country(wo)men a happy, safe and enjoyable holiday weekend.
I agree THE FALL is beautiful with so much colour,
ANYA walk you take turns into a delight.

Funny I like the stove, the raging fire when the rain is
Lashing outside the window, everything in it's place,
Tho' I know what you mean by a feeling of surrender LOL.

ANYHOW, enjoy the weekend.. Claire.
Cannot believe, in a way, we're heading towards SEPTEMBER!

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#36969 Aug 30, 2014
Vee wrote:
HAPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FRYDAY, what's left of it as it is already after 5PM here. El, I read that you and your people are on high security alert, please stay safe, hard to keep up with all the news going on today. OBAM is STILL deciding on a plan of action to deal with ISIS who is the same as Hamas. Why cant we blow them to smitherines and be done with them? Joan Rivers is in the hospital, induced coma, she went for throat surgery and stopped breathing. They want to keep her in that state until they see how long she was deprived of Oxygen. How are all the cats? Grace, how is the dog? Dealing with sinusitis infection, woke up this AM and was talking like I inhaled lots of helium. First time I am sick this year, but it is such a pain in the ass, uh, nose that is. I dont know if I can work five and one half hours tomorrow and strain my voice, I dont think it is going to hold out. I do have Sunday and Monday off, but it will not help me tomorrow. EL, did you get the movies you wanted, A Tree Grows In Brooklyn and Tomasina??????????
Thanks Vee,
Ali saw the baby today and was *completely* fascinated by her,
as she chirped & babbled away in her little seat,
Ali 's face was a study, the big brown eyes fixed on the baby,
a mix of fear & curiosity in the dog's face! LOL.

Vee so sorry to hear about the DERN sinusitis, no joke, that.
Hope it clears for you soon..
DON'T over fax yourself with work,
Your health is more important and these set backs sap one's energy.

Yes the ISIS thing is a HUGE problem...
They seem ruthless beyond words and don't go by ANY rules it appears...save
Serving some GOD who, it seems, is ok with maiming, killing, beheadings, crucifixions,
rape, atrocities of all kinds
torturing, etc... Beats me!!!

They are different to HAMAS, I think,
In that they are far worse FAR FAR worse, also far more
organised, familiar with modern media..
and very very wealthy.

'Twould be hard to track them, to 'deal with them'
As you say, gathering them in one place isn't an option

as, some are from other countries, and can freely integrate with those
societies, traveling to & fro leading double lives... and spreading their brand of evil...

Where this will all end WHO KNOWS! who indeed..

Anyway, take care you..

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#36970 Aug 30, 2014
That's me done for the night..

Is anyone else finding it hard to reply
to the intended person, due to the layout of the new format...like I am??

Please say YES,

I kinda DON'T want to feel alone in my stupidity:)

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#36971 Aug 30, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
That's me done for the night..
Is anyone else finding it hard to reply
to the intended person, due to the layout of the new format...like I am??
Please say YES,
I kinda DON'T want to feel alone in my stupidity:)
yes , because we always scrolled up and hit reply habit trying hard to correct simple slow down i guess

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#36979 Aug 30, 2014
finally a worth while vid..........

I knew of this part....and agree here
Any person who is dead or unconscious shall be tested to determine the alcohol or drug content of the person’s blood or any drug content within such person’s system as provided in this section.

The police are required to have probable cause to believe defendant had been driving a motor vehicle in violation of any of the laws enumerated in section 42-4- 1301.1(2)(a)(I) before they can draw blood from him while he – she is unconscious.

What is Probable Cause?

“The police have probable cause to arrest when the facts and circumstances known to the police are sufficient to warrant the belief by a reasonable and prudent person that the defendant committed an alcohol-related offense.”.

“Probable cause may be based on circumstantial evidence, and the police are entitled to draw appropriate inferences from the circumstantial evidence, even though the evidence might also support other inferences.”

since the drivers are alive and conscious ..... I disagree a forced blood test is legal

seems to me the 4th/5th are usable here ........

FINIAL THOUGHT .......... it is the police here but the lawmaker

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#36983 Aug 31, 2014
Gowekod Moning. Just getting used to the new format, I think it has been changed to confuse us....:)

Beautiful day here in Wales, hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#36984 Aug 31, 2014
good morning Lady El and all ..... damn where did the summer go????

up/down temps .... no vacation this year...Dec half of my debt will be wiped out the biggest is the car ......... very gloomy day very warm very humid , so long summer

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#36985 Aug 31, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
good morning Lady El and all ..... damn where did the summer go????
up/down temps .... no vacation this year...Dec half of my debt will be wiped out the biggest is the car ......... very gloomy day very warm very humid , so long summer
Gowekod Moning?? That didn't come out very well at all, put it down to my keyboard! Pretty similar here, sunny but a distinct chill in the air, the Rowan trees are heavy with berries they say indicates a harsher Winter. Nothing like being pessimistic, lol.
That will be a nice feeling to have half the debt removed, on the way to removing it completely. An expensive item but so necessary. Then of course the cost of running it....fuel is so expensive here...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#36986 Aug 31, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
Gowekod Moning. Just getting used to the new format, I think it has been changed to confuse us....:)
Beautiful day here in Wales, hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Good morning El and Grace and all my friends who come to this kitchen. I had a garage sale yesterday. It was very humid and about 98. I was so tired and whipped I didn't eat anything all day. I lost 4 pounds. I love going to garage sales but I hate having them. I made about $700. I do love seeing 50 cents become $5. It was really pretty slow and I have a ton of things left to sell. It did give me a chance to organize my garage so the next time when it is cooler all I need to do is open the garage door and slide a rack forward but that will be when it is much cooler. I was the only G sale advertized in town. Usually you have huge crowds but it slows so much with school starting and the heat

“Want A Friend, Be One”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Remember me with a smile :o)

#36987 Aug 31, 2014
Good morning everyone..now Denny you can go shopping..LOL..hope this finds everybody good and yes another hot one today but right now it feels pretty good out..its raining here in sweet southern KY..gotta get off here and head for my family reunion..you guys hold the fort down and try and keep everyone straight..enjoy your sunday and dont forget to take your sweet smile along..:o)...be safe out there..(hugs) to you ..<3

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#36988 Aug 31, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Gowekod Moning?? That didn't come out very well at all, put it down to my keyboard! Pretty similar here, sunny but a distinct chill in the air, the Rowan trees are heavy with berries they say indicates a harsher Winter. Nothing like being pessimistic, lol.
That will be a nice feeling to have half the debt removed, on the way to removing it completely. An expensive item but so necessary. Then of course the cost of running it....fuel is so expensive here...
well taking the smallest balance pay it off one/two/three pay'm't , each one helps to increase cash floor , by June or less will be debt free except for life's essentials

like wine/girls ooooooooooooooops almost headed right back to debt

I find I need only one CC ... instead of the 20

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 24 min Fin Dogg 213,079
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 27 min SweLL GirL 10,338
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 31 min SweLL GirL 32,703
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 32 min SweLL GirL 7,172
Trolliday Inn -- We'll leave the light on for you 49 min Spotted Girl 14
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) (Jul '15) 51 min RowdyRulzRacing 2,334
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 54 min RowdyRulzRacing 46,229
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 hr Goku Black 3,564
News Grieving father: 'I don't play Trump songs anym... 3 hr Spotted Girl 55
News Rihanna: Why She Refused To Watch Her 'Weird' '... 3 hr Spotted Girl 42
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 9 hr oddie 21,423
More from around the web