“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#36872 Aug 26, 2014
Good Mornin' All! Obviously I must look tired today, three different people have brought me a coffee, they are all greatly appreciated!! It is nice to feel noticed!! Happy Tuesday to everyone, only a few more days to the weekend!

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#36873 Aug 26, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
Good Mornin' All! Obviously I must look tired today, three different people have brought me a coffee, they are all greatly appreciated!! It is nice to feel noticed!! Happy Tuesday to everyone, only a few more days to the weekend!
Good Mornin' Spesh! You are just in time for coffee, lol. Thought I would say Hello in
the hope you are still around. So.....Hello! Have a great day..:)

Liverpool, UK

#36874 Aug 26, 2014
Vee wrote:
EL....... wanted to post this on your thread FIRST before I put it on my celebrity thread. Just read it, am in the middle of hair washing and trying to get out the door to run a few errands. Richard Attenborough has died********** Ben Kingsley, who shot to stardom for his performance as Mahatma Gandhi, recalled Attenborough's passionate 20-year struggle to bring Gandhi's story to the big screen. The film won eight Oscars, including best picture (over "E.T."), best director for Attenborough and best actor for Kingsley.
"He placed in me an absolute trust and in turn I placed an absolute trust in him and grew to love him," said Kingsley. "I along with millions of others whom he touched through his life and work will miss him dearly."
A product of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, Attenborough made his screen debut in the patriotic 1942 World War II film "In Which We Serve." He served, too, in the Royal Air Force, and afterward became one of the best-known actors of post-War Britain.
In his 60-plus years of acting, he amassed some 70 credits, including "Brighton Rock," "The Great Escape," "Doctor Dolittle," "10 Rillington Place," "Jurassic Park" (as the failed theme park developer) and the 1994 remake of "Miracle on 34th Street." (Naturally, he played Kris Kringle.)
He transitioned into directing beginning with 1969's World War I musical comedy "Oh! What a Lovely War." He directed 12 films altogether, including "A Bridge Too Far," "A Chorus Line," "Cry Freedom," "Chaplin" and "Shadowlands."
Attenborough was a constant advocate for the British film industry as well as other humanitarian causes, including his extensive work as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. He was awarded the Martin Luther King Jr. Peace Prize in 1983.
Thanks Vee for this great tribute to one of our finest actors, a Giant amongst men.

Liverpool, UK

#36875 Aug 26, 2014
Good Morning Grace, Vee, Denny, Princess, and all who come to the Kitchen.

Level 5

middle of nowhere

#36876 Aug 26, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Mornin' Spesh! You are just in time for coffee, lol. Thought I would say Hello in
the hope you are still around. So.....Hello! Have a great day..:)
I am here, just starting my shift. Thanks for the coffee! How are you today?

Liverpool, UK

#36877 Aug 26, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
<quoted text>
I am here, just starting my shift. Thanks for the coffee! How are you today?
Oh HI! I'm very well and TFA.....how are you? Mid-morning here, you are on early
shift today then? How many of those do you do consequatively (sp)?

Level 5

middle of nowhere

#36878 Aug 26, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh HI! I'm very well and TFA.....how are you? Mid-morning here, you are on early
shift today then? How many of those do you do consequatively (sp)?
This week I am pulling three doubles a single then one more double........followed by I hope a day off!!!

Level 5

middle of nowhere

#36879 Aug 26, 2014
I really don't like to do more than 2 consecutive, but, when push comes to shove, I am loyal to my job and will do what needs to be done!

Liverpool, UK

#36880 Aug 26, 2014
Good to hear that 'Breaking Bad' did so well at the 'Emmys'. Hope to watch it
this evening.

Nice day here with an Autumnal feel about it, off out shortly, just put a line full
of washing out hoping the wind will keep the rain off until I get back.

Cheerio for now.

Liverpool, UK

#36881 Aug 26, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
<quoted text>
This week I am pulling three doubles a single then one more double........followed by I hope a day off!!!
That's a busy week you have ahead, no wonder you said 'soon be weekend'...:)
All very nice on pay-day though, makes it worth while.

Liverpool, UK

#36882 Aug 26, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
I really don't like to do more than 2 consecutive, but, when push comes to shove, I am loyal to my job and will do what needs to be done!
Good for you. A shining example of how it should be!....:)

Liverpool, UK

#36883 Aug 26, 2014
Will just get to town in time to 'drive-on- to the pedestrian area if I set off now.

Level 5

middle of nowhere

#36884 Aug 26, 2014
I don't know, I am sure my boss would agree with you. I wish I could have more time with my kids.....although on the bright side, when I do find time with them, we can do some of the fun things that we used to not be able to do because they are expensive........like go carts......arcades.......shopp ing

Guess every coin has two sides!

“Buon Natale e Buon Anno”

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#36885 Aug 26, 2014
Hello everyone here is my joke of the day I hope you like.

BILL GATES AND GENERAL MOTORS
Bill Gates is hanging out with the chairman of General Motors.

"If automotive technology had kept pace with computer technology over the past few decades," boasts Gates, "you would now be driving a V-32 instead of a V-8, and it would have a top speed of 10,000 miles per hour. Or, you could have an economy car that weighs 30 pounds and gets a thousand miles to a gallon of gas. In either case, the sticker price of a new car would be less than $50."

"Sure," says the GM chairman. "But would you really want to drive a car that crashes four times a day?"

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#36886 Aug 26, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning Grace, Vee, Denny, Princess, and all who come to the Kitchen.
Good mornng El and Grace and 2 Special. Going to be over 100 again today. The lake is down about 10 feet. It looks more like a pasture

Liverpool, UK

#36887 Aug 26, 2014
Mega Monster wrote:
Hello everyone here is my joke of the day I hope you like.
BILL GATES AND GENERAL MOTORS
Bill Gates is hanging out with the chairman of General Motors.
"If automotive technology had kept pace with computer technology over the past few decades," boasts Gates, "you would now be driving a V-32 instead of a V-8, and it would have a top speed of 10,000 miles per hour. Or, you could have an economy car that weighs 30 pounds and gets a thousand miles to a gallon of gas. In either case, the sticker price of a new car would be less than $50."
"Sure," says the GM chairman. "But would you really want to drive a car that crashes four times a day?"
That's a good one MM.....cute reply from the GM chairman!

Liverpool, UK

#36888 Aug 26, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
I don't know, I am sure my boss would agree with you. I wish I could have more time with my kids.....although on the bright side, when I do find time with them, we can do some of the fun things that we used to not be able to do because they are expensive........like go carts......arcades.......shopp ing
Guess every coin has two sides!
That's exactly right.....kids love all that and it doesn't come cheap. There was something funny
on the TV news this morning, where they discuss the papers, and apparently kids are feeling
a bit grieved because 50 yr olds are muscling in on their skate board parks, wonder how they
feel having 50 yr olds skate boarding next to them was the question. There is little for kids to
occupy themselves near where I live, but there is a skate board park, I have yet to see any
older people brave enough to use it. We do have a lake which is popular during the warmer
weather...and the sea is ten minutes away. All very nice, but I so miss the decent shopping
arcades of home! Two coins agin!

Liverpool, UK

#36889 Aug 26, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good mornng El and Grace and 2 Special. Going to be over 100 again today. The lake is down about 10 feet. It looks more like a pasture
Good Morning Denny.....a scorching 70 here, with a cool breeze a blowin'.....there is hope for a bit more Summer weather yet and as you know September here is usually very nice.
It was crowded in town, a double whammy of kids on school break and tourists.....am glad to be home where it is quiet.
Shame about the lake, hope you get some well needed rain soon enough.

Level 5

middle of nowhere

#36890 Aug 26, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly right.....kids love all that and it doesn't come cheap. There was something funny
on the TV news this morning, where they discuss the papers, and apparently kids are feeling
a bit grieved because 50 yr olds are muscling in on their skate board parks, wonder how they
feel having 50 yr olds skate boarding next to them was the question. There is little for kids to
occupy themselves near where I live, but there is a skate board park, I have yet to see any
older people brave enough to use it. We do have a lake which is popular during the warmer
weather...and the sea is ten minutes away. All very nice, but I so miss the decent shopping
arcades of home! Two coins agin!
My little town does not have a skateboard park, but the kids figure out how to use driveways and curbs to have fun with them, a hilly street is also a favorite, an boards provide some danger........
they seem to make their own fun when no other option is available!!!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#36891 Aug 26, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Denny.....a scorching 70 here, with a cool breeze a blowin'.....there is hope for a bit more Summer weather yet and as you know September here is usually very nice.
It was crowded in town, a double whammy of kids on school break and tourists.....am glad to be home where it is quiet.
Shame about the lake, hope you get some well needed rain soon enough.
We have had a 3 year drought and it will take a good wet fall and winter to get it back to normal levels. Most of the boat ramps are closed :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 7 min Glory Be 8,230
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min DanFromSmithville 155,144
Word Association (Mar '10) 12 min Mega Monster 16,812
Still arguing with Billy R (Oct '09) 12 min Proud To Be Trina 520
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 13 min Cyan in CA 25,716
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 15 min modhippie1 7,239
Word Association (Jun '10) 18 min Mega Monster 27,008
motorcycle traveling stories 25 min Sublime1 28
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 1 hr please explain 245
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Roxie Darling 159,933
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 4 hr Denny CranesPlace 46,469
More from around the web