El's Kitchen

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#36910 Aug 27, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Good Morning everyone,
Went for my check up yesterday, all satisfactory TG.
When awaiting lift,@ ground level doors opened this tall, extremely fragile man,
Shaking all over seemed afraid to get out, very unsure of his step, I
asked 'Can I help you' he linked my arm, and we both walked very slowly in the direction
he chose, which was towards to main exit..
I inquired, if anyone was with him
(He looked so frail) and his reply was completely incoherent,
he seemed to get excited when he saw the outside thru' the glass,
& shakily picked up pace..
I knew then ..I was in a dilemma that this unfortunate gent was completely
Senile and somehow had escaped from hospital care!
At the front entrance , I had to ask a member of the public to get help, it all ended ok when
two medics arrived and gently took him back inside..
Goes to show..
One cannot be too careful when dealing with such patients..
Cool & blustery over here but no complaints.
Hello Grace! I'm glad to drop in and see you have good news re your check-up. And I'm glad things turned out well for that gentleman, thank goodness you intercepted him!

“Diem Carped. Sorrisi { 8 - )”

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#36911 Aug 27, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Good Morning everyone,
When awaiting lift,@ ground level doors opened this tall, extremely fragile man,
asked 'Can I help you' he linked my arm, and we both walked very slowly in the direction
At the front entrance , I had to ask a member of the public to get help, it all ended ok when
Goes to show..
Very nice out come of your story Grace, this same thing happen to my father 4 years ago he was very ill he had gotten dress and walk out of the hospital. To where I saw him sitting out front of the of the hospital by him self in 95 degree weather. My dad was senile so I had a pretty angry conversation with hospital administration. They change there procedures on how they manage care for the elderly people who are suffering from being senile. I am glad you read your check up went well for you. But it takes more people like you that did the right thing for this elderly man you may have help him live a little bit longer.

“July 2016”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#36912 Aug 28, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon Lady El ... Spring sprung into summer very quickly ... it didn't last long ... been having summer for quite sometime ... however, the triple digits just started and I anticipate they should not last long like the 49 days in a row last summer ... That, my lady, is a good thing ... Autumn or Fall is just around the corner, next month, but in Texas it means an extension of summer, lol ... it'll be warm til January ... we only have two seasons, hot and cool ... it's all good ...
Jax and Chance have been well ... You should see Chance run around the "dog park". He is too funny ... Jax could care less ... With these temps, they go out/in when the "HAVE TO" and have nothing to do with the heat ... spoiled I tell you ...
Got a new acoustic guitar, nice sound to it ... working on the vocals which is an ongoing process ... use it or lose it is what my choir director always said ... couldn't have been more "write", LOL ... meaning "right" or correct ... sorry, I had to throw that in from when I last visited hear or here, ha!
Ouch, their, there, I go again ... I'm so bad ... such triviality ... >>smile and a *wink<<
Lady El, I hope you P & the kittens have been well ... I think of yall often ... Know that! Be careful, stay safe & sweet! Love and arms around you! FC <3 ...
1286 ... fold like a cheap tent
Good Thursday Morning Flower.....such a nice surprise to 'see' you hear (sic) again, I mean it, it was a wonderful surprise and wish I had seen you sooner! Been indulging in a few days doing other thangs, putting myself about ..that sort of thing. Nothing too exciting, just shopping and getting to know a new neighbour, this neighbour and I have history, and it isn't pleasant, he doesn't remember and I am not about to remind him (I will tell you about it in an 'e') so until now I have relatively cool, but, yesterday we got talking and he has a little dog, he adores this dog, an 11 yr old Jack Russell called Squeaky, I can't wait to meet this dog, the fellow has not moved in yet, just working on the house, but the way he loves animals, that's good enough for me, I can let the past encounter go.
Loved hearing about Jax and Chance and Chance's burst of energy around the dog park, he sounds a lot of fun..and so nice he and Jax hit it off so well.
Do hope this finds you keeping well my friend, and making sweet music.
Much Love, Elxx

“July 2016”

Liverpool, UK

#36913 Aug 28, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>That is sad to have lost your mother when she was still so young. I understand what you're saying. I had more meant that rehearsing ahead of time and experiencing the loss at least emotionally as one imagines it over and over (which to me, is what worry is), isn't helpful nor preparatory in the least.
We've almost lost my own mom a couple times, and she finally had her open-heart last week on Monday. I've only been home a few hours here and there since then. Surgery was ill advised earlier on, but then became her only chance. She's holding her own and making progress, tomorrow she will be transferred to a rehabilitation facility, and the real work begins.
I know your mom must've been special, after all you're her daughter and I've always thought so highly of you. I've missed you.:-)
I am so pleased to see you Paise, missed you a great deal. I have often wondered how you are and how your Mom is, it's a gruelling time for the family and I'm so glad to hear that she pulled through and has every chance of recovery....I know what a close knit family y'all are and that will help her recuperate most definately.
My Mother WAS a lovely lady, had a struggle in life, hardly seemed fair she should leave us so soon, but who are we to judge? I never heard her call another living soul, never spoke badly of anyone, she had the best sense of humour and never complained. I believe I must be my father's daughter, lol...
Paise my love, your Mom is in my prayers...and I wish you the finest of days.....<3 Elxx

“July 2016”

Liverpool, UK

#36914 Aug 28, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning El. This ISIS problem is becoming serious. We had a US citizen killed fighting for ISIS. They say some 5000 Brits have gone there to fight. They all have passports and will bring killing back home to us :( Can't we just drown them all and be done with it
Good Morning Denny.....yes indeed, we had news of the atrocity on Sky News at the time, followed by the e-mails sent to James Foley's parents.....who have been so dignified when interviewed by the media....everyones hearts go out to them. Mass executions all the time..and kids being made to watch , it's just appalling.
There was a prison riot here this week, inmates protesting about their over crowding and the food, they BEHEADED two fellow prisoners and killed another two by pushing them off the roof, and held a guard hostage....God knows what nationality they all were, it is all going haywire.
I hear what you are saying about it coming home.
This morning on the news there has been a denial from here, that the USA have approached the UK to assist in the military air strikes. Nothing clarified as yet.
P goes on about the religion extremism in all faiths, it has been going on for 2,000 years, starting with the Romans ..and then the Catholic Inquisitions in the Middle Ages, the Crusades.....etc etc.

“.WHERE DID”

Since: May 14

THAT POST GO

#36915 Aug 28, 2014
the Romans became Catholics .....

“July 2016”

Liverpool, UK

#36916 Aug 28, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Good Morning everyone,
Goes to show..
Such good news about your results Grace, very glad to hear it.

It occurs to me you was acting on behalf of that gent's Guardian Angel that day...

such a cruel illness it is.

I was very naughty yesterday! I had a doctor's appointment at twenty past nine.....

but it was one of those beautiful mornings, and I thought it would do me more good being out in the fresh air, so I cancelled and was lucky enough to reschedule my appt to Friday morning.
As it was, I had a lovely day, met some lovely people at Port, as you know it's the holiday season, lots of people here with dogs, and I always get talking. A nice man from Birmingham with two sweet Llasa Apsos...Misty and Poppet.....couple from Lancashire with an English Bull Mastiff named Mr. Wilson!...:) he had just been to the grooming parlour and was positively swaggering along! Always nice to pass the time of day with people and dogs are such an ice-breaker.

“July 2016”

Liverpool, UK

#36917 Aug 28, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
Roman Catholics.....of course. I will be honest, I know little about it.
I have very simplistic views. I hate the Romans.

Good Morning Sir Tally.

“July 2016”

Liverpool, UK

#36918 Aug 28, 2014
I shuld just like to extend a friendly welcome to MEGA MONSTER and also to VALLEY VENUS..........welcome aboard to both of you.

and a very Good Morning to ALL here, to PRINCESS HEY and to 2 SPECIAL

as they say..the more the merrier and the Kitchen is all the happier for your company.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#36919 Aug 28, 2014
Good morning El and Grace and all my friends. It is cooling down a little here. I hope the 100 degree days are over. I am so ready for a cruise. I just love them . They are so relaxing but the food is just to gooooood to resist : )

“Want A Friend, Be One”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

True Friends Are hard to find

#36920 Aug 28, 2014
Good morning dear friends..hope your temps go down Denny..thought we were hot here its been in the 90's..looks like another hot one too..I understand Grace I lost my mother to alzheimers/Dementia now thats a terrbile disease ..I miss her terrible..my dad is gone as well lost him to heart attack..he went out and swept the snow off the car came back in and passed..they are in a better place..my mom was in a christain health care center and there they wore arms bands that had an alarm that went off if they went through the front entrance or back and no one saw them..it was loud too..just glad it all went down great and you were there to help him..everybody stay cool..smile and enjoy your day..:o)...heres a big (hug) for anybody that needs one..

“.WHERE DID”

Since: May 14

THAT POST GO

#36921 Aug 28, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Roman Catholics.....of course. I will be honest, I know little about it.
I have very simplistic views. I hate the Romans.
Good Morning Sir Tally.
good morning been sitting back , but I have been found ... same story

anyhow..........Roman Emperor Constantine the Great (reigned 306–337) ruled Rome, Christianity began to become the dominant religion of the Roman Empire.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#36923 Aug 28, 2014
Princess Hey wrote:
Good morning dear friends..hope your temps go down Denny..thought we were hot here its been in the 90's..looks like another hot one too..I understand Grace I lost my mother to alzheimers/Dementia now thats a terrbile disease ..I miss her terrible..my dad is gone as well lost him to heart attack..he went out and swept the snow off the car came back in and passed..they are in a better place..my mom was in a christain health care center and there they wore arms bands that had an alarm that went off if they went through the front entrance or back and no one saw them..it was loud too..just glad it all went down great and you were there to help him..everybody stay cool..smile and enjoy your day..:o)...heres a big (hug) for anybody that needs one..
Thanks for the hug :) I needed that!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#36924 Aug 28, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
<quoted text>
anyhow..........Roman Emperor Constantine the Great (reigned 306–337) ruled Rome, Christianity began to become the dominant religion of the Roman Empire.
Constantine was a good politician. He had a large group of people who said there was only one god and a group who said there were many so he made the smart move. He then sent his mother out to find true relics after 300 years.

“July”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#36926 Aug 28, 2014
Thanks ValleyVenus! Mega Monster & PH and El for replies
about the Alzheimer's person..
Yes it is one awful state to deal with, they (as we know) go back to
Being little children and can wander off anywhere without notice.

VV,
Yes I think the girl of 9 at the shooting range is really
shocking, what were the parents thinking,
I suppose where guns are freely available folks can be
Lulled into the dangerous that surround guns..

PH
Those armbands with alarms are a great idea
and so necessary as watching over so many patients
It would be so easy for ONE to slip away
(As I experienced a few days ago)

They have the same procedure here too in maternity hospitals,
should someone try to take a baby out any main doors..
Little tag attached to baby's ankle.. Safe idea.

“July 2016”

Liverpool, UK

#36927 Aug 28, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate that, before that they were Pagans. Matter of fact, I live 12 miles from the remains (visible) and museum, of a Roman Fort. Time I paid it a visit and rnewed my aquaintance of some of our history, bloody as it was.

“July 2016”

Liverpool, UK

#36928 Aug 28, 2014
For anybody interested, this is the fort.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/segontium/

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#36929 Aug 28, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate that, before that they were Pagans. Matter of fact, I live 12 miles from the remains (visible) and museum, of a Roman Fort. Time I paid it a visit and rnewed my aquaintance of some of our history, bloody as it was.
Good morning El. It is amazing how short a memory the public has. The Obama white house used the Internal revenue service to attack conservative groups. Lois Learner was the person responsible and she is on paid leave. The congress subpoenaed her e mail and the head of IRS swore before congress that they did not have all her e mails because here computer crashed. After a year of investigation they now admit her Blackberry was destroyed after the search for her e mails was under started and those e mails that were sworn to have been destroy they now say there were back ups but it is just to difficult to go and search for them. Stinks in ice! Major media doesn't even cover this now

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#36930 Aug 28, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so pleased to see you Paise, missed you a great deal. I have often wondered how you are and how your Mom is, it's a gruelling time for the family and I'm so glad to hear that she pulled through and has every chance of recovery....I know what a close knit family y'all are and that will help her recuperate most definately.
My Mother WAS a lovely lady, had a struggle in life, hardly seemed fair she should leave us so soon, but who are we to judge? I never heard her call another living soul, never spoke badly of anyone, she had the best sense of humour and never complained. I believe I must be my father's daughter, lol...
Paise my love, your Mom is in my prayers...and I wish you the finest of days.....<3 Elxx
It has been a decent day so far, thank you. It is a grueling time, but I'm glad to do it, glad it's an option when it looked like there were none before. There is a new miracle procedure called a Cox Maze, which was one of the 5 things they did with Mom's heart. They literally took a scalpel and cut bands on her heart, and the resulting scar tissue disrupts the electric misfires that cause A-Fib (atrial fibrillation)! A-Fib wears out the heart and can greatly shorten one's lifespan. There are a couple of posters here whom I sure hope know about this, and if they don't I hope they see this post and look into it. Otherwise there's no cure. I've learned so much about the heart this year, though I've been a very reluctant student, lol.
I've thought about you and Grace regularly, I'm a newshound and keep tabs on what is going on in your parts of the world. I've prayed for y'all when storms were heading your way, lol.
So much going on with my family, I know I've said I'm busy before, but believe it or not I've become busier than I ever have been. When the kids were almost grown I'd envisioned a calm more sedate life once they moved up and out; who was I kidding? What happened was that the family realized I had an empty nest and being partially retired, I had what they see as FREE TIME, lol. It's okay though, I'm the oldest and looking out for my siblings and kids (and all their kids) comes naturally.
What else am I gonna do anyway?(oh wait I could think of a few things....)
Once again, it's a pleasure to 'see' y'all. I'm still very thankful for our unlikely friendships made possible with this miraculous internet.
I've missed reading many posters here and hope all have been well.
You have a splendid day! <3

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#36931 Aug 28, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
As a (former) cradle Catholic educated in the parochial school system, I have to say, you're exactly right! And they infused the pure faith with pagan idioms from the top to the bottom.
I think my immediate family is the first among our ancestors all the way back to the first millenium to leave the faith; based on this truth.
I hope you've been well!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird things are happening in financial markets... 3 min Prosperity Fundie... 7
News Hot weather causes horse poop in Throop to burs... 7 min Prosperity Fundie... 2
Bill Clinton at the DNC 16 min andet1987 11
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Sharlene45 194,475
Anything Biggest, Largest, Tallest, Best, you'd... 18 min Northbound 132
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 19 min dress you up 8,533
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 20 min Chimney1 201,596
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 20 min AliceIWgirl 7,842
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 2 hr High Five 191
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr andet1987 32,682
More from around the web