El's Kitchen

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#36867 Aug 24, 2014
Heard about an earthquake in California today..
Naturally... hoping our US friends and their folks are all ok.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#36869 Aug 25, 2014
EL....... wanted to post this on your thread FIRST before I put it on my celebrity thread. Just read it, am in the middle of hair washing and trying to get out the door to run a few errands. Richard Attenborough has died********** Ben Kingsley, who shot to stardom for his performance as Mahatma Gandhi, recalled Attenborough's passionate 20-year struggle to bring Gandhi's story to the big screen. The film won eight Oscars, including best picture (over "E.T."), best director for Attenborough and best actor for Kingsley.

"He placed in me an absolute trust and in turn I placed an absolute trust in him and grew to love him," said Kingsley. "I along with millions of others whom he touched through his life and work will miss him dearly."

A product of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, Attenborough made his screen debut in the patriotic 1942 World War II film "In Which We Serve." He served, too, in the Royal Air Force, and afterward became one of the best-known actors of post-War Britain.

In his 60-plus years of acting, he amassed some 70 credits, including "Brighton Rock," "The Great Escape," "Doctor Dolittle," "10 Rillington Place," "Jurassic Park" (as the failed theme park developer) and the 1994 remake of "Miracle on 34th Street." (Naturally, he played Kris Kringle.)

He transitioned into directing beginning with 1969's World War I musical comedy "Oh! What a Lovely War." He directed 12 films altogether, including "A Bridge Too Far," "A Chorus Line," "Cry Freedom," "Chaplin" and "Shadowlands."

Attenborough was a constant advocate for the British film industry as well as other humanitarian causes, including his extensive work as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. He was awarded the Martin Luther King Jr. Peace Prize in 1983.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#36870 Aug 25, 2014
Good morning El and Grace and all my many friends who come here to this polite interesting thread : )

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#36871 Aug 25, 2014
Vee wrote:
EL....... wanted to post this on your thread FIRST before I put it on my celebrity thread. Just read it, am in the middle of hair washing and trying to get out the door to run a few errands. Richard Attenborough has died********** Ben Kingsley, who shot to stardom for his performance as Mahatma Gandhi, recalled Attenborough's passionate 20-year struggle to bring Gandhi's story to the big screen. The film won eight Oscars, including best picture (over "E.T."), best director for Attenborough and best actor for Kingsley.
"He placed in me an absolute trust and in turn I placed an absolute trust in him and grew to love him," said Kingsley. "I along with millions of others whom he touched through his life and work will miss him dearly."
A product of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, Attenborough made his screen debut in the patriotic 1942 World War II film "In Which We Serve." He served, too, in the Royal Air Force, and afterward became one of the best-known actors of post-War Britain.
In his 60-plus years of acting, he amassed some 70 credits, including "Brighton Rock," "The Great Escape," "Doctor Dolittle," "10 Rillington Place," "Jurassic Park" (as the failed theme park developer) and the 1994 remake of "Miracle on 34th Street." (Naturally, he played Kris Kringle.)
He transitioned into directing beginning with 1969's World War I musical comedy "Oh! What a Lovely War." He directed 12 films altogether, including "A Bridge Too Far," "A Chorus Line," "Cry Freedom," "Chaplin" and "Shadowlands."
Attenborough was a constant advocate for the British film industry as well as other humanitarian causes, including his extensive work as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. He was awarded the Martin Luther King Jr. Peace Prize in 1983.
Excellent piece, Vee..
Thanks for bringing it here..

Yes indeed, he was a treasure..
as is brother David who
chose the NATURAL SCIENCES instead,
Joined the BBC & brought us all those
wonderful nature documentaries.

Gifted men, no doubt.

May the good soul of RICHARD rest in peace.

(I included him in THE CELEBRITY DEAD POOL thread ...here,
when news came in.)

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#36872 Aug 26, 2014
Good Mornin' All! Obviously I must look tired today, three different people have brought me a coffee, they are all greatly appreciated!! It is nice to feel noticed!! Happy Tuesday to everyone, only a few more days to the weekend!

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#36873 Aug 26, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
Good Mornin' All! Obviously I must look tired today, three different people have brought me a coffee, they are all greatly appreciated!! It is nice to feel noticed!! Happy Tuesday to everyone, only a few more days to the weekend!
Good Mornin' Spesh! You are just in time for coffee, lol. Thought I would say Hello in
the hope you are still around. So.....Hello! Have a great day..:)

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#36874 Aug 26, 2014
Vee wrote:
EL....... wanted to post this on your thread FIRST before I put it on my celebrity thread. Just read it, am in the middle of hair washing and trying to get out the door to run a few errands. Richard Attenborough has died********** Ben Kingsley, who shot to stardom for his performance as Mahatma Gandhi, recalled Attenborough's passionate 20-year struggle to bring Gandhi's story to the big screen. The film won eight Oscars, including best picture (over "E.T."), best director for Attenborough and best actor for Kingsley.
"He placed in me an absolute trust and in turn I placed an absolute trust in him and grew to love him," said Kingsley. "I along with millions of others whom he touched through his life and work will miss him dearly."
A product of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, Attenborough made his screen debut in the patriotic 1942 World War II film "In Which We Serve." He served, too, in the Royal Air Force, and afterward became one of the best-known actors of post-War Britain.
In his 60-plus years of acting, he amassed some 70 credits, including "Brighton Rock," "The Great Escape," "Doctor Dolittle," "10 Rillington Place," "Jurassic Park" (as the failed theme park developer) and the 1994 remake of "Miracle on 34th Street." (Naturally, he played Kris Kringle.)
He transitioned into directing beginning with 1969's World War I musical comedy "Oh! What a Lovely War." He directed 12 films altogether, including "A Bridge Too Far," "A Chorus Line," "Cry Freedom," "Chaplin" and "Shadowlands."
Attenborough was a constant advocate for the British film industry as well as other humanitarian causes, including his extensive work as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. He was awarded the Martin Luther King Jr. Peace Prize in 1983.
Thanks Vee for this great tribute to one of our finest actors, a Giant amongst men.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#36875 Aug 26, 2014
Good Morning Grace, Vee, Denny, Princess, and all who come to the Kitchen.

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#36876 Aug 26, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Mornin' Spesh! You are just in time for coffee, lol. Thought I would say Hello in
the hope you are still around. So.....Hello! Have a great day..:)
I am here, just starting my shift. Thanks for the coffee! How are you today?

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#36877 Aug 26, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
<quoted text>
I am here, just starting my shift. Thanks for the coffee! How are you today?
Oh HI! I'm very well and TFA.....how are you? Mid-morning here, you are on early
shift today then? How many of those do you do consequatively (sp)?

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#36878 Aug 26, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh HI! I'm very well and TFA.....how are you? Mid-morning here, you are on early
shift today then? How many of those do you do consequatively (sp)?
This week I am pulling three doubles a single then one more double........followed by I hope a day off!!!

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#36879 Aug 26, 2014
I really don't like to do more than 2 consecutive, but, when push comes to shove, I am loyal to my job and will do what needs to be done!

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#36880 Aug 26, 2014
Good to hear that 'Breaking Bad' did so well at the 'Emmys'. Hope to watch it
this evening.

Nice day here with an Autumnal feel about it, off out shortly, just put a line full
of washing out hoping the wind will keep the rain off until I get back.

Cheerio for now.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#36881 Aug 26, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
<quoted text>
This week I am pulling three doubles a single then one more double........followed by I hope a day off!!!
That's a busy week you have ahead, no wonder you said 'soon be weekend'...:)
All very nice on pay-day though, makes it worth while.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#36882 Aug 26, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
I really don't like to do more than 2 consecutive, but, when push comes to shove, I am loyal to my job and will do what needs to be done!
Good for you. A shining example of how it should be!....:)

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#36883 Aug 26, 2014
Will just get to town in time to 'drive-on- to the pedestrian area if I set off now.

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#36884 Aug 26, 2014
I don't know, I am sure my boss would agree with you. I wish I could have more time with my kids.....although on the bright side, when I do find time with them, we can do some of the fun things that we used to not be able to do because they are expensive........like go carts......arcades.......shopp ing

Guess every coin has two sides!

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#36885 Aug 26, 2014
Hello everyone here is my joke of the day I hope you like.

BILL GATES AND GENERAL MOTORS
Bill Gates is hanging out with the chairman of General Motors.

"If automotive technology had kept pace with computer technology over the past few decades," boasts Gates, "you would now be driving a V-32 instead of a V-8, and it would have a top speed of 10,000 miles per hour. Or, you could have an economy car that weighs 30 pounds and gets a thousand miles to a gallon of gas. In either case, the sticker price of a new car would be less than $50."

"Sure," says the GM chairman. "But would you really want to drive a car that crashes four times a day?"

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#36886 Aug 26, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning Grace, Vee, Denny, Princess, and all who come to the Kitchen.
Good mornng El and Grace and 2 Special. Going to be over 100 again today. The lake is down about 10 feet. It looks more like a pasture

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#36887 Aug 26, 2014
Mega Monster wrote:
Hello everyone here is my joke of the day I hope you like.
BILL GATES AND GENERAL MOTORS
Bill Gates is hanging out with the chairman of General Motors.
"If automotive technology had kept pace with computer technology over the past few decades," boasts Gates, "you would now be driving a V-32 instead of a V-8, and it would have a top speed of 10,000 miles per hour. Or, you could have an economy car that weighs 30 pounds and gets a thousand miles to a gallon of gas. In either case, the sticker price of a new car would be less than $50."
"Sure," says the GM chairman. "But would you really want to drive a car that crashes four times a day?"
That's a good one MM.....cute reply from the GM chairman!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 min Sublime1 2,772
True False Game (Jun '11) 6 min SweLL GirL 13,602
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 9 min SweLL GirL 6,211
News Patriots fan charged with pulling alarm at Stee... 19 min Bradylust 2
A six word game (Dec '08) 22 min Parden Pard 20,893
News 'Is Rod Stewart drunk?' Star leaves viewers baf... 28 min Sandy feet 6
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 28 min THE LONE WORKER 218,843
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 1 hr Baby bye bye bye 35,240
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Zamasu 210,071
Back in the day...... 2 hr andet1987 106
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 3 hr Thinking 96
More from around the web